Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Where do we go when we die?

jamie6747

Wow!, direct!, I started out trying to respond, searching for yet other information related to the subject, but with you post, you've been here for a lot longer time than I, and from what I've read in his last post (No 293), I think you have it somewhat right!

Then you cannot have read it AND understood it. I have been here longer than both of you, so what? Who provided backing evidence? I did, who did not? Preacherman, he told us some of his personal stories and nothing else, I can never understand why people think they should be taken at face value when making extraordinary claims. Perhaps you two can explain that to me?

From his perspective, all the authors that I suggested aren't any good!

That is an outright lie, I stated Lanza seems accomplished in Stem Cell research, but fails to provide evidence, or even a hypothesis on the afterlife, he provided nothing more than guesses and his personal musings. That he plagiarized Deepak Chopra's work illustrates that he took a massive shortcut here - do you have any idea who Deepak Chopra is??

I have provided detailed descriptions pointing out the severe holes in the links you provided, why do you decide to dismiss all that information and lie about it?

The only thing that seem to be good, is traditional physic, and everything is explained by it.

Pretty much regarding this subject.

Strings Physic doesn't seem to be good either. Neither is Quantum Physic,

No, for reasons explained, you are trying to fit a bus full of information on the head of a pin. Not going to happen. Do you not understand the scales we are dealing with here or something?

I wonder now, what is the purpose of this, an ego trip?

How is that even possible when I am presenting the works of others, not my own? And clearly stating so? Is their hard work to be dismissed because some people do not like the implications of it?

Is UMF a discussion forum where traditional physic has most of the answers and all other sciences are irrelevant? I don't think so!

What's UMF?

ANY Discussion forum is for the description - Discussion. If you promote nonsense, that can be pointed out as discussion, I do not have to hold you hand and tell you it will all be alright, I am a realist and have little time for pandering to fantasy.

Why do you think people have to agree with you, even when they CAN prove that you are wrong? Who's ego were you talking about? Because it sounds like yours is hurt because I do not comply with your musings, and follow the evidence instead.

I think that Unexplained Mysteries stand for unexplained events, mysteries, mysticism, where member exchange what is, what isn't, hypothesis, dreams, mystic events, and every possible science has a continuous view of this wonderful human situation! I might have this completely wrong!

It would seem you do have it completely wrong, Mysteries do not exist to be worshiped, they exist to be solved. In a discussion forum we discuss resolving mysteries, if you want to play make believe and refuse evidence that refutes your musings, then I do not think you are here for discussion at all.

Point is, you came up with an idea. You used the "God of the Gaps" argument to try and shoehorn a ficitonal musing into a discussion as if fact. All you have illustrated here is you understand Quantum Mechanics even less than the rest of us do.

So, I will take a break for now!

I suggest that you use the time to better educate yourself on subject you wish to discuss in the future. Although you do not seem to like learning new facts, you seem to prefer to make stuff up as you go along?

• Like 1

yeah, like I was saying. SMH

You simply lack the ability to take the discussion beyond a fantasy stage, and it seems take offence to anyone pointing out that you are making up crap as you go along, and cannot support any claims you have made, yet I can. It is not my fault that illustrating you inability makes you mad, it should make you want to work harder and prove your point, except this illustrates that you never had one.

Your entire argument(?) Consists of:

Them peeps who said they died and came back - PROOF!! And it's all true, I do it too, I just cannot prove it, but it's all true!!!

I mean. how DARE I offer scientific findings that trash your tall tales!!!

Let's see if I can dumb this down to your level.

Do you know what a Lobotomy is? Obvious jokes aside that would pertain to you, it shows a part of the brain dies. It gets sliced up in a brutal fashion. Why does that affect normal behaviour if we have a soul?

LINK - Wikipedia Lobotomy

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 2

Hey Davros, first time read of it, not familiar, may you share some links, I went on Google, plenty, but ain't sure of the classical meaning!

Hebrews 9:22

"22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission."

Understanding-the-Blood-of-Jesuy-300x205.jpg

• Like 1

Ive had the experience of finding myself in the dark void that many people have reported. I fell asleep one afternoon and instead of dreaming I suddenly found myself passing through a twirling, multi toned, blue tunnel of light. I didnt find this shocking, infact some part of me found it all familiar with a feeling of - Oh, this again...

After passing through this tunnel. wormhole, or what ever you could define it as, everything went black. It was as if someone had turned off the light bulb in your room. I just stood there but I couldnt feel anything under my feet. Bizarrely, I could see my hands, arms, legs etc. Again, I didnt feel concerned because it felt like I knew or understood this place I was in. Everything was so calm and peaceful there, no noise, no visual distractions etc. I did try calling out to who ever may be residing here with me but no sound came from my mouth.

After a few minutes of chilling out in this dark place (time seemed impossible to measure there) memories and thoughts of family, my flat, my dog started to trickle into my head. This broke the spell of contentment and left me realising that I wasn't at home any-more. I tried to will my way back but this failed. In the end I did the one thing I would never usually turn to. I called out to God and soon afterwards the light returned - I slowly opened my eyes and found myself back on the sofa. I felt like I had slept for days, the energy I felt gave me a rush. The experience left me realising just how important everything is here, we should never take anything for granted.

It didnt attract me to religion nor compel me to seek out God. Im in the - god./creator is inside everything - boat :)

Did you have any sleep deprivation prior to this event?

Sounds like you became lucid in the dream state at a time you normally (I assume) are awake. Feeling recharged, or euphoric are symptoms of neurochemicals normally released in deep sleep.

I had this happen when the dreamscape falls away to darkness, then waking up to a buzz. This buzz left me open to suggestion and creative thoughts till it wore off.

Edited by davros of skaro
  • Like 1

Change mind on your comments in post 293. I know that I’m losing my time, won’t take to much of yours, no point trying to influence your knowledge state!

As I said, we have mapped the brain, we do know the function of the individual components, there is no place for the supernatural to reside - that is 100% a man made construct. Returning to the data makes much more sense than man's wild emotional ideals.

What is the supernatural, do you see it as a chemical construct?, a mystical phenom?, a combination of elements to a special result? Quantum Physic has started looking into it, the ‘nano’ side, the infinitesimal, but it’s not always simple to look into!

I am not sure who is, or how you see any others more qualified. Surely you do not mean people with wild unsupported claims that think they know better than the source that got them as far as they managed to stumble?

People with wild unsupported claims, No!, that would be debunked rapidly. What I’m alluding to is that Quantum Physic ventures in this phenomenon, and we will see results in a short while.

The natural world demonstrates it. Consider Gravity, it is strong enough to manipulate whole atoms containing billions of strings. Yet you can overcome gravity by simply lifting your arm. If there was some amazing storage capacity in strings, I suspect they would be much easier to detect and illustrate.

Do Scientists knows all the finite parts of Gravity, I think not, here’s the Encyclopia.com on this subject. ‘yet some of the more complicated questions regarding gravitational force are far from settled’. So there are to many uncharted territories in Physic and elsewhere, and it great, it keep people searching for it.

We don’t know much about Strings Theory, as I don’t either!, I thought you would of discount this on the ground that it’s theory.

You have linked people with hobby ideas and no data. After life is imagination, why can it's origins be traced to man if not?

Have your way of thinking, I’ll keep mine. The energies that keep people alive aren’t only physic, it’s energy that is part of consciousness. May you tell how Classical Physic explained consciousness. On the consciousness side , here is a scientific study on consciousness, interesting. Whose to tell that consciousness isn’t connected to outside energy, science hasn’t yet demonstrate this, a long way to go.

http://medicalxpress.com/news/2016-01-brain-consciousness-optimal-degree-connectedness.html

The "spiritual side" Is baloney made up by man and propagated via religions.

Wow!, spirituality isn’t a belief, it’s human manifestation, it’s love, it’s forgiveness, it’s happiness, it’s the joy of birth, it’s a transfer of energy. You’re in denial of your own self, wow!, can’t believe this, anyway, I don’t have to live this mindset!

What makes you think that such a thing as a spirit exists?

Wow again, you don’t even recognized the spirit within yourself, you have work my friend, but it’s a great adventure, I wish you the best of journey!

Lanza does well in stem cell research and fails in this discipline. His argument is weak, and plagiarised, it is pretty much Deepak Chopra's description of biocentrism who is also mentioned in this thread I thought?

Your lack of self respect has you made denigrating comments on respected researchers, so no point in arguing on this.

Which leaves us with Hugenot who philosophises that Dark Matter is now some sort of cosmic cloud for consciousness to reside in!! No proof, nothing at all, just a made up idea. Might as well have stuck with the lake of fire and Satan, I mean it's every bit as pointless and unsupported.

It will be a long while if you’re waiting for proof of everything, there are quantity of situation, events that science isn’t able to deciper, yet understand, why?, because human being are physical, mental, spiritual and cosmic being, so if you try to explained the spiritual, the cosmic, good luck.

I mean honestly, I think we will never truly know, since the only people who would know that answer are well, dead.

You simply lack the ability to take the discussion beyond a fantasy stage, and it seems take offence to anyone pointing out that you are making up crap as you go along, and cannot support any claims you have made, yet I can. It is not my fault that illustrating you inability makes you mad, it should make you want to work harder and prove your point, except this illustrates that you never had one.

Your entire argument(?) Consists of:

Them peeps who said they died and came back - PROOF!! And it's all true, I do it too, I just cannot prove it, but it's all true!!!

I mean. how DARE I offer scientific findings that trash your tall tales!!!

Let's see if I can dumb this down to your level.

Do you know what a Lobotomy is? Obvious jokes aside that would pertain to you, it shows a part of the brain dies. It gets sliced up in a brutal fashion. Why does that affect normal behaviour if we have a soul?

LINK - Wikipedia Lobotomy

I'm mad? I decided it was no longer worth talking about with you cause of how angry you seem to be.

I didn't just say other people said it so it must be true. I gave confirmed cases where the patent was clinically dead, confirmed by their doctors. Then described details of the event they couldn't have known, also confirmed by their Doctors.

Then showed how those same people's lives were dramatically altered directly cause of their experience. That's a bit more then just believing them on their word alone

Edited by preacherman76

Psyche101, here’s a few comments, on post 302.

What do you see in Deepak Chopra?, may you share?

I don’t need to lie to anyone, not you, nor any other UM members. I share what I think contribute a tad bit on different things and particularly the afterlife. And, I’m not in the harassment business trying forcefully to have people believe the content of links that I search and put as contribution to discussion.

Do you not understand the scales we are dealing with here or something?

Believe what you want, I’ll do the same.

ANY Discussion forum is for the description - Discussion. If you promote nonsense, that can be pointed out as discussion, I do not have to hold you hand and tell you it will all be alright, I am a realist and have little time for pandering to fantasy.

Why do you think people have to agree with you, even when they CAN prove that you are wrong? Who's ego were you talking about? Because it sounds like yours is hurt because I do not comply with your musings, and follow the evidence instead.

Whose promoting nonsense when you see spirituality as religion, and when you disqualify competent well known authors? And, I’m in no need for pandering.

I don’t post to have people accept what I’m saying, I post to stimulate the discussion, you’re talking about yourself here.

Mysteries do not exist to be worshiped, they exist to be solved. In a discussion forum we discuss resolving mysteries, if you want to play make believe and refuse evidence that refutes your musings, then I do not think you are here for discussion at all.

Point is, you came up with an idea. You used the "God of the Gaps" argument to try and shoehorn a ficitonal musing into a discussion as if fact. All you have illustrated here is you understand Quantum Mechanics even less than the rest of us do.

Why should I worship mysteries, I like them, I try to understand them, I try to find authors who have started researchs on such projects and others, I only want to share their findings, in doing so, it’s a tad step forward.

You refused to consider Quantum Physic Lanza work, it ain’t good enough for you. I don’t feel any inferiority!

I understand where you coming from, no more need to share information, we have opposing views, that’s all!

I suggest that you use the time to better educate yourself on subject you wish to discuss in the future. Although you do not seem to like learning new facts, you seem to prefer to make stuff up as you go along?

This suggestion is for you also!

Hu? Ive seen and read probably hundreds of NDE. None of them describe a eternal darkness.

Just wait until last star switches light off. Then you'll have it, Dark Ages, that will last for veee...eeery long.

There's far too much hostility being thrown around in this thread despite my previous warning note.

Given that we have ( and have had ) multiple topics covering this subject there's little point keeping this one going.

Closed.

• Like 1