Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Where do we go when we die?

jamie6747

Magic Blood is the tops for fighting the stench of critical thinking.

Especially if it works!

Too late. I read bmk's comments. Thumbs down.

If you want to bring back a properly authenticated and investigated case, ya know, one that does NOT come from Youtube but a credible peer-reviewed-type source, I'll listen.

If all you want to do is believe what some other believer posts on YT, then please yourself. It's not my cup of tea. People exaggerate. People don't consider all the possible ways this sort of thing could be explained, even if the stories were true. And I have better things to do with my time, so just ignore me and move on. :D

That's not a fair statement. If you actually watched any of it you'd know that.

Magic Blood is the tops for fighting the stench of critical thinking.

Hey Davros, first time read of it, not familiar, may you share some links, I went on Google, plenty, but ain't sure of the classical meaning!

This is whats strange, the skeptics constantly ask for proof, then turn around and make statements like "the mind is the brain". You don't know that at all. No one does. Any scientist that is honest with themselves knows this has not been proven.

Yes, in fact we do know exactly that. We have scanned the living brain with MRI scanners and know which parts "fire up" with regards to specifics like communication, movement, creativity, cognitive ability etc etc etc, the list goes on and is very long.

As such, yes, "The Mind is the Brain" that is accurate and has been observed.

Further to that, we know that the brain is made up of atoms. We understand the physics behind atoms.

Not to say we know ALL Physics, there is HEAP left to learn, and will keep people busy for longer than I can fathom right now, but with regards to atoms, we know all those physics. Structure, action, there here how why stuff, there is no room for some new laws regarding atoms, suffice to say, we are onto that bit.

And I won't spend pages showing you how any why we know all this, it would take forever, and most likely be pointless in that religious people are not flexible with regards to evidence.

E.G.

fbowwu6.jpg

I watched that debate recently, yes this is exactly how it went.

So in order to cut to the chase, as Shaun Carroll says, I will just intimidate you with this equation that actually does explain that the mind is the brain and is made up of atoms, which we do happen to understand rather well:

Everyday-Equation.jpg

When your life ends, your brain decays into these atoms that are dissipated again and again.

There is NO memory function of atoms. Yes we know this, if you do not believe me, study the equation above.

As such, there is simply NO WAY for your memories or what your Character, Soul, whatever one wishes to label it -what is essentially YOU dies with your body. That information is gone when you end.

Put simply

The Mind is the brain

The Brain is made of atoms

We know how atoms work.

Yes there is NO Life after death. Believe what you want, but we do have the information that tells us what happens upon death - we die and decompose, cremate, whatever your choice be down to atoms.

When you say Ohh but maybe there is something we have not discovered, you are just making excuses to hang onto the afterlife belief.

There is no way science could prove life after death. That's cause it starts out with the assumption that everything is mechanical. Yet we have thousands of examples of where it seems consciousness exists outside the body. The list of confirmed NDE's alone should give pause to anyone. But like anything scientists assume they know without proof (like the mind is the brain) they dismiss anything that challenges that assumption.

The Plural of anecdote is not data, never will be.

If there really was any sort of actual confirmation of any aspect of the Supernatural, you and I would not be discussing it and someone would be a million dollars richer thanks to Randi. Unsupported claims are not in short supply, confirmation of the claims is.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 2

You may be a king,

Or a little street sweeper,

But sooner or later,

You'll dance with the Reaper

I reckon it would be a blast to have someone dressed as the reaper attend my funeral, and just say nothing, just stand in a corner and move about from time to time.

• Like 3

Watch the second one, it's a better case then the first

Yeah right, did you watch the Shaun Carroll One I posted?

Yeah right, did you watch the Shaun Carroll One I posted?

Did you already forget.... :innocent: :innocent:

fbowwu6.jpg

• Like 1

Did you already forget.... :innocent: :innocent:

fbowwu6.jpg

I stand corrected good call :D :D :D

• Like 2

I reckon it would be a blast to have someone dressed as the reaper attend my funeral, and just say nothing, just stand in a corner and move about from time to time.

may i suggest him holding a small "you're next" sign and randomly pointing at people?

• Like 2

Yes, in fact we do know exactly that. We have scanned the living brain with MRI scanners and know which parts "fire up" with regards to specifics like communication, movement, creativity, cognitive ability etc etc etc, the list goes on and is very long.

As such, yes, "The Mind is the Brain" that is accurate and has been observed.

Further to that, we know that the brain is made up of atoms. We understand the physics behind atoms.

Not to say we know ALL Physics, there is HEAP left to learn, and will keep people busy for longer than I can fathom right now, but with regards to atoms, we know all those physics. Structure, action, there here how why stuff, there is no room for some new laws regarding atoms, suffice to say, we are onto that bit.

And I won't spend pages showing you how any why we know all this, it would take forever, and most likely be pointless in that religious people are not flexible with regards to evidence.

E.G.

That's like saying that a car is a conscious being that drives its self, cause you see pistons fire, and the transmission spinning, and the wheels turning. You don't have to change any known rules of physics to understand you need a separate outside force for a normal car to drive. Ive heard several scientists who are not on my side of the argument say they have yet to identify exactly where consciousness comes from.

I watched that debate recently, yes this is exactly how it went.

So in order to cut to the chase, as Shaun Carroll says, I will just intimidate you with this equation that actually does explain that the mind is the brain and is made up of atoms, which we do happen to understand rather well:

When your life ends, your brain decays into these atoms that are dissipated again and again.

There is NO memory function of atoms. Yes we know this, if you do not believe me, study the equation above.

As such, there is simply NO WAY for your memories or what your Character, Soul, whatever one wishes to label it -what is essentially YOU dies with your body. That information is gone when you end.

Put simply

The Mind is the brain

The Brain is made of atoms

We know how atoms work.

Yes there is NO Life after death. Believe what you want, but we do have the information that tells us what happens upon death - we die and decompose, cremate, whatever your choice be down to atoms.

When you say Ohh but maybe there is something we have not discovered, you are just making excuses to hang onto the afterlife belief.

The Plural of anecdote is not data, never will be.

If there really was any sort of actual confirmation of any aspect of the Supernatural, you and I would not be discussing it and someone would be a million dollars richer thanks to Randi. Unsupported claims are not in short supply, confirmation of the claims is.

Im not saying there is something we have not discovered. Im saying you have to completely ignore a great deal of confirmed cases where people proved beyond a doubt that they in fact existed outside of their bodies. For me, and I understand this cant be considered proof to you, but from my POV, I intentionally walk away from my body all the time.

[...] I intentionally walk away from my body all the time.

Simple test: ask someone to write or draw on the piece of paper, and place it on the shelve without telling you whether its something written or drawn. Lets see how you'll perform on your "walk away" moment in seeing what is on the paper...
  • Like 2

Thanks Psyche101, your post (Post 229) had me add a few comments.

To start with, I respect your point of view declining afterlife.

If you like that the Mind is the Brain, all for it! But when you say that the brain is made up of atoms, traditional physic would concurred. You are aware that now a day, Modern Physic is in ‘strings theory’ and they don’t know completely what it represents, continued studies will! So is there a correlation between strings theory and consciousness, probably are, because without atoms (strings – energy state), we don’t have consciousness.

Now when we talked about afterlife, it’s nebulous!, and why wouldn’t it be? It’s in the realm of where we come from (we don’t know!), who is behind this extraordinary creation (we don’t know!)?, where do we go to after our physical life (we don’t know!)?, very interesting questions that Science cannot answered yet. Some says that when one dies, all is over, then, if it all over, why you happened to be here now..?

What I find interesting is the fact that one rely on Traditional Science to abnegate the possibility of afterlife. And science don’t have yet the knowledge and experience to prove it!

Not to say we know ALL Physics, there is HEAP left to learn, and will keep people busy for longer than I can fathom right now, but with regards to atoms, we know all
those
physics.

Yes, do agree with you on the Heap left, but I don’t concur with you on ‘we know all those physics’, here a few questions,

You want evidence otherwise, it ain’t good, so here a few questions, we are fortunate to breath air, but what is the composition of air, you will have a traditional chemistry answer that we know, but we don’t see, don’t hear, don’t smell, don’t taste air, but our lungs need them, so air like all invisible elements exist. What if at death, there ain’t a mechanism that we don’t know (as we don’t see air) about that siphoned our energy (strings?) consciousness, I think there is one such mechanism, and it’s only my opinion and it's an hypothesis.

If you want to intimidate us, at least it would be great if you would of defined the different components of the equation, that is W, Dg, DA, Dv….V, and give data to checked, otherwise, no one may checked. I don’t wish to know, I won’t do testing!

When we die, our brain decays, Yes!, matter decays, but energy isn’t the same, if the strings that hold our consciousness is mostly cosmic, and why shouldn’t it be?, then, it would be along the line of our sacredness when we live, don’t you think? We are more than science may offer, but time will reach these wonderful barriers.

If you bring in Strings Theory Physic, that is energy, this assumption isn’t complete I should say, but mind you, I don't have a PhD in Physics.

All I will add is to motivate you in continuing your search and enriched your knowledge in Physics and share it with UM members. I would humbly invite you to stay calmed. People received respect when they show respect for themselves.

Physic don’t have all the answers, it’s a work in progress.

I believe that Physic is one great science, and marvelous things come out of the multiple experiences in this field.

If you like that the Mind is the Brain, all for it! But when you say that the brain is made up of atoms, traditional physic would concurred. You are aware that now a day, Modern Physic is in ‘strings theory’ and they don’t know completely what it represents, continued studies will! So is there a correlation between strings theory and consciousness, probably are, because without atoms (strings – energy state), we don’t have consciousness.

Now when we talked about afterlife, it’s nebulous!, and why wouldn’t it be? It’s in the realm of where we come from (we don’t know!), who is behind this extraordinary creation (we don’t know!)?, where do we go to after our physical life (we don’t know!)?, very interesting questions that Science cannot answered yet. Some says that when one dies, all is over, then, if it all over, why you happened to be here now..?

What I find interesting is the fact that one rely on Traditional Science to abnegate the possibility of afterlife. And science don’t have yet the knowledge and experience to prove it!

Not to say we know ALL Physics, there is HEAP left to learn, and will keep people busy for longer than I can fathom right now, but with regards to atoms, we know all
those
physics.

Yes, do agree with you on the Heap left, but I don’t concur with you on ‘we know all those physics’, here a few questions,

You want evidence otherwise, it ain’t good, so here a few questions, we are fortunate to breath air, but what is the composition of air, you will have a traditional chemistry answer that we know, but we don’t see, don’t hear, don’t smell, don’t taste air, but our lungs need them, so air like all invisible elements exist. What if at death, there ain’t a mechanism that we don’t know (as we don’t see air) about that siphoned our energy (strings?) consciousness, I think there is one such mechanism, and it’s only my opinion and it's an hypothesis.

If you want to intimidate us, at least it would be great if you would of defined the different components of the equation, that is W, Dg, DA, Dv….V, and give data to checked, otherwise, no one may checked. I don’t wish to know, I won’t do testing!

When we die, our brain decays, Yes!, matter decays, but energy isn’t the same, if the strings that hold our consciousness is mostly cosmic, and why shouldn’t it be?, then, it would be along the line of our sacredness when we live, don’t you think? We are more than science may offer, but time will reach these wonderful barriers.

If you bring in Strings Theory Physic, that is energy, this assumption isn’t complete I should say, but mind you, I don't have a PhD in Physics.

All I will add is to motivate you in continuing your search and enriched your knowledge in Physics and share it with UM members. I would humbly invite you to stay calmed. People received respect when they show respect for themselves.

I believe that Physic is one great science, and marvelous things come out of the multiple experiences in this field.

How all this crapola explains, say, Alzheimer's, huh?

• Like 1

How all this crapola explains, say, Alzheimer's, huh?

If I reverse the question, why is it that Science can't explained this mystery sickness?

If I reverse the question, why is it that Science can't explained this mystery sickness?

Answering with question... Way to go..

Anyway, we know about biochemistry of this disease, and we have few hypotheses. Thats a lot. But what your new ageish gibberish have on this matter, huh?

If you find it gibberish, why do you ask?, don't need to respond!

I only made an hypothesis that Science cannot served to deny if there is or not an afterlife, many of you feel the other way around, and it's great!, further the discussion of it!

That's like saying that a car is a conscious being that drives its self, cause you see pistons fire, and the transmission spinning, and the wheels turning. You don't have to change any known rules of physics to understand you need a separate outside force for a normal car to drive. Ive heard several scientists who are not on my side of the argument say they have yet to identify exactly where consciousness comes from.

?? You just debunked yourself?

Your analogy fails because we can see and recognise the "outside force" of the car, that being more like a "portable brain" that is only used when required.

There is no such hole in our understanding that would be filled with a "Supernatural Force" We do not have to know the specifics to understand something. We simply need a viable model. What you have here is another "God of the Gaps" argument. Except the gap does not actually exist.

Consciousness, like everything evolved. It makes us sensitive to happenings in our surroundings so that we can escape, or capture prey, depending on your point of view.

LINK - Why Did Consciousness Evolve, and How Can We Modify It?

This puts the first such members of the “buena vista sensing club” into a very interesting position, from an evolutionary perspective. Think of the first animal that gains whatever mutation it might take to disconnect sensory input from motor output (before this point, their rapid linkage was necessary because of the need for reactivity to avoid becoming lunch). At this point, they can potentially survey multiple possible futures and pick the one most likely to lead to success. For example, rather than go straight for the gazelle and risk disclosing your position too soon, you may choose to stalk slowly along a line of bushes (wary that your future dinner is also seeing 10,000 times better than its watery ancestors) until you are much closer. Here’s an illustration of the two scenarios:

LINK - Crawling Into Consciousness

The ability to contemplate competing alternatives before making a decision is a crucial part of what we call consciousness. It’s related to another idea I believe I first got from Steven Pinker’s The Language Instinct, although I don’t remember the precise passage: the claim that what really separates the conscious from the non-conscious is the ability to use grammar. In particular, the subjunctive mood, in which we talk about hypothetical futures. (“If I were to go and bring you back some tasty fish, would you let me live?”) Lots of animals can communicate using something like “language,” but the ability to make agreements based on contrary-to-fact scenarios is what separates the shouters from the negotiators. And of course, the ability to contemplate hypothetical scenarios is an important prior step to being able to communicate about them.

Im not saying there is something we have not discovered. Im saying you have to completely ignore a great deal of confirmed cases where people proved beyond a doubt that they in fact existed outside of their bodies. For me, and I understand this cant be considered proof to you, but from my POV, I intentionally walk away from my body all the time.

If they are confirmed then why are you and I having this conversation?

Thing is they are not, and one can find rational explanations if one looks hard enough. As I say the plural of anecdote is not data. Have you tried an experiment such as BMK suggested?

What you see appeals to you as an answer, it is unlikely to do so to the rest of us. If this force existed, we would have seen it, if it existed and is too weak to see it would have no effect on the processes we know happen, so it is a lose lose situation for life after death. Sorry, but they are the facts.

• Like 1

may i suggest him holding a small "you're next" sign and randomly pointing at people?

Noted :tu:

I like the way you think!!!! :D

This is the best place for it, but looking at your post, I feel there is a lot of ground to cover yet after my initial synopsis.

Thank you, I do feel I represented my case better than any single poster who claims the afterlife is a real thing and actually happens.

Strings are parts of atoms, they are smaller - hence weaker forces, their job is to make certain atoms exist. There is not place for information retention to exist, in that micro world, they have their jobs to do and do them. Whilst string theory is largely not understood, what we do know is that it deals with tiny and basic forces. There is no room in string for an afterlife. Atoms are massive compared to strings. If an atom were magnified to the size of the solar system, a string would be the size of a tree. And atoms are not complex enough to retain complex information. Going to strings from an atomic level is going backwards.

We are behind the creation of the afterlife. It goes back to many myths which ended up inspiring one of the most complete works based on this mythology, that being the Egyptian Book of the Dead. If you trace our history of the afterlife backwards, it stops with Man and his creativity. Ancestor worship was what we understand as the first form of afterlife thought. Dead warriors and hunters existed in the minds of their tribespeople. Dreams heightened emotions regarding the train of thought, which was the first thought of continuation after death. We congealed into societies which allowed relgion to flourish which in turn used death as a threat to help keep the masses at bay. And here we are.

Again, we are looking at pages, and I just do not feel like typing out pages and pages. If you wish to discuss further well and good, but there is the basic line back to how we got the notion of an afterlife - Man's imagination.

I beg to differ, as I say, we have seen the brain in action and we know how it works, and when it dies, and when it dies there is no function that allows for the continuation of one's "Soul" for want of a better word. <_<

Do you not find it bewildering that so many people think an afterlife is an actual possibility when we just made it up to begin with? There is no reason at all to believe there is an afterlife, we turn to a ancient book for reference when modern findings refute that nonsense over and again. How do you feel people can still fool themselves into thinking that some old man made book is more accurate than that which we can observe and measure?

Not to say we know ALL Physics, there is HEAP left to learn, and will keep people busy for longer than I can fathom right now, but with regards to atoms, we know all those physics.

I am afraid that is indeed the case. Atoms are no mystery to us. We know how they work. We know what they are made of. If you feel there is some reason to think otherwise I would be more than interested to see that which you have to present in order to favour the claim.

Have you never blown up a balloon? They are full of air. Ever flown a kite? It floats on air. Yes we can see it with the help of mediums, like how we see inside of atoms. We just have to be more observant.

If that mechanism existed, it has to have an effect. And that is what I mentioned earlier. If it was a strong enough effect to retain information, we would have found it, sorry if you do not believe that, but it is true. we would know about it as we know about much smaller things. If it is so small that we cannot see the effect, it cannot have enough complexity to retain information. And the other forces we do know about would overcome it. There is no place for this mysterious force to hide, and we have looked close enough to have seen it if it was to exist. It simply does not.

Feel free to Google each portion of the equation and then start with questions if you still have them. Sorry, I just do not have the time or patience today, I have other threads I would like to look at before my day is done.

I am afraid they are indeed the same as each other.

E=MC2.

Energy equals matter multiplied by the speed of light squared. The Higgs Field allows energy to become matter. Well, it affects different particles in different ways, but essentially, the God Particle is the fly in your ointment. String is no help because as pointed out, it is simply too weak to do the job of supporting the amazing amount of neural connections that is "you".

Well as you can see, string is not the answer here, people get a lot of QM mixed up with science fiction, nothing new here. No idea what you mean by calm down, I am rather calm for this discussion I would say.

I did agree on that, however when it comes to atoms we are pretty good with that bit too. Some physics are well known, and will not be added to, and if there was something that could be added, it would not affect what we do know now.

Physicists are responsible for moving the entire world forward, all aspects of science do, I rather like evolutionary biology as a subject as well. Physics can free us from these silly superstitions so that we might be able to live more for today, and not for some imaginary afterlife. Living for the next world is not "living"

• Like 1

We are doing well and have many trial happening as I type this. My father passed with Alzheimer's and some dementia. I listen out if there are developments in the field from time to time.

Btw, just a passing observation... I'm rather intrigued/depressed by the definition of 'life' that is being used in the term afterlife. We are being told by some here that science can't possibly test for 'afterlife'..

But hold on a sec.. IF that 'life' involved any measurable interaction with our reality, then YES, science can dam well easily test for it...

So it seems 'after'life means:

- no impact on reality

- no ability to interact with anyone, let alone family/loved ones (oh except for bumps in the night and orbs....)

- no solid or visible form

- no ability to get food or drink to provide energy for any activity (perhaps that explains all the other inabilities)

- no way to get 'back' (oh except for some loonie-tune past-life channeler, all of whom have never passed the most basic of tests)

Ya know what? I'm really beginning to think that this after-'life' business is no life at all, and would in fact be 'living' in a completely impotent hell.

Better off not existing at all, really... It's probably just as well there is no afterlife, as the number of disappointed afterlifers would be friggin HUGE.

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 2

Btw, just a passing observation... I'm rather intrigued/depressed by the definition of 'life' that is being used in the term afterlife. We are being told by some here that science can't possibly test for 'afterlife'..

But hold on a sec.. IF that 'life' involved any measurable interaction with our reality, then YES, science can dam well easily test for it...

So it seems 'after'life means:

- no impact on reality

- no ability to interact with anyone, let alone family/loved ones (oh except for bumps in the night and orbs....)

- no solid or visible form

- no ability to get food or drink to provide energy for any activity (perhaps that explains all the other inabilities)

- no way to get 'back' (oh except for some loonie-tune past-life channeler, all of whom have never passed the most basic of tests)

Ya know what? I'm really beginning to think that this after-'life' business is no life at all, and would in fact be 'living' in a completely impotent hell.

Better off not existing at all, really... It's probably just as well there is no afterlife, as the number of disappointed afterlifers would be friggin HUGE.

In addition to that, I just LOVE many things in life, drinking Espresso Martinis with Margaritas, going to the beach on a nice day, fishing, but if I could nail it down to my very FAVOURITE thing, in an eternity, I would get bored and it would not be my favourite thing after a few centuries of doing it time and again.

To spend an eternity sounds good on the surface, but it would become tedious.

• Like 1

If you find it gibberish, why do you ask?, don't need to respond!

I only made an hypothesis that Science cannot served to deny if there is or not an afterlife, many of you feel the other way around, and it's great!, further the discussion of it!

Heh, rock solid argument...
  • Like 1

Thank you, I do feel I represented my case better than any single poster who claims the afterlife is a real thing and actually happens.

Strings are parts of atoms, they are smaller - hence weaker forces, their job is to make certain atoms exist. There is not place for information retention to exist, in that micro world, they have their jobs to do and do them. Whilst string theory is largely not understood, what we do know is that it deals with tiny and basic forces. There is no room in string for an afterlife. Atoms are massive compared to strings. If an atom were magnified to the size of the solar system, a string would be the size of a tree. And atoms are not complex enough to retain complex information. Going to strings from an atomic level is going backwards.

We are behind the creation of the afterlife. It goes back to many myths which ended up inspiring one of the most complete works based on this mythology, that being the Egyptian Book of the Dead. If you trace our history of the afterlife backwards, it stops with Man and his creativity. Ancestor worship was what we understand as the first form of afterlife thought. Dead warriors and hunters existed in the minds of their tribespeople. Dreams heightened emotions regarding the train of thought, which was the first thought of continuation after death. We congealed into societies which allowed relgion to flourish which in turn used death as a threat to help keep the masses at bay. And here we are.

Again, we are looking at pages, and I just do not feel like typing out pages and pages. If you wish to discuss further well and good, but there is the basic line back to how we got the notion of an afterlife - Man's imagination.

I beg to differ, as I say, we have seen the brain in action and we know how it works, and when it dies, and when it dies there is no function that allows for the continuation of one's "Soul" for want of a better word. <_<

Do you not find it bewildering that so many people think an afterlife is an actual possibility when we just made it up to begin with? There is no reason at all to believe there is an afterlife, we turn to a ancient book for reference when modern findings refute that nonsense over and again. How do you feel people can still fool themselves into thinking that some old man made book is more accurate than that which we can observe and measure?

I am afraid that is indeed the case. Atoms are no mystery to us. We know how they work. We know what they are made of. If you feel there is some reason to think otherwise I would be more than interested to see that which you have to present in order to favour the claim.

Have you never blown up a balloon? They are full of air. Ever flown a kite? It floats on air. Yes we can see it with the help of mediums, like how we see inside of atoms. We just have to be more observant.

If that mechanism existed, it has to have an effect. And that is what I mentioned earlier. If it was a strong enough effect to retain information, we would have found it, sorry if you do not believe that, but it is true. we would know about it as we know about much smaller things. If it is so small that we cannot see the effect, it cannot have enough complexity to retain information. And the other forces we do know about would overcome it. There is no place for this mysterious force to hide, and we have looked close enough to have seen it if it was to exist. It simply does not.

Feel free to Google each portion of the equation and then start with questions if you still have them. Sorry, I just do not have the time or patience today, I have other threads I would like to look at before my day is done.

I am afraid they are indeed the same as each other.

E=MC2.

Energy equals matter multiplied by the speed of light squared. The Higgs Field allows energy to become matter. Well, it affects different particles in different ways, but essentially, the God Particle is the fly in your ointment. String is no help because as pointed out, it is simply too weak to do the job of supporting the amazing amount of neural connections that is "you".

Well as you can see, string is not the answer here, people get a lot of QM mixed up with science fiction, nothing new here. No idea what you mean by calm down, I am rather calm for this discussion I would say.

I did agree on that, however when it comes to atoms we are pretty good with that bit too. Some physics are well known, and will not be added to, and if there was something that could be added, it would not affect what we do know now.

Physicists are responsible for moving the entire world forward, all aspects of science do, I rather like evolutionary biology as a subject as well. Physics can free us from these silly superstitions so that we might be able to live more for today, and not for some imaginary afterlife. Living for the next world is not "living"

Thanks Psyche101, like you response, and I will try to bring in other information to help further the discussion.

I like your assertive position explaining your Physic knowledge, thanks for it. But in talking about the afterlife, we have to bring in ''consciousness'', and in this field Traditional Physic isn't there yet unfortunately. Quantum Physic has started to dwelt into it.

Most scientists dwelve in the material illusion, not yet ready to get a grasp on the challenges of energy, consciousness, dark matter, dark energies, and other defying Natural and Cosmic environment.

In making this assertion ''There is no room in string for an afterlife'', you cannot say that unless you have research to demonstrate that, you know that.

''AfterLife man imagination'', if so, there is a link between our imagination and reality, fortunately, researchers are looking into afterlife, and I have linked different authors that have worked on the subject.

''We have seen the brain in action and we know how it works'', really!, if you look at it on the physical side of it, mostly but not all, on the spiritual side, science don't know much, and if you deny the spiritual part of it, you're not talking about a human being then.

When you made reference to medium, you're infering the invisible world, you're accepting this level of awareness, then, you acknowledge the invisible energies, you're getting nearer, interesting!

''it was a strong enough effect to retain information'' you're alluding to ''strings'', I ask, how do you know, science has not yet been able to do this!

E=MC2 is matter X energy (kilograms x meters squared per seconds), not the speed of light as you mentioned!

Science fiction, hmm!

To help further the discussion, I have included some authors that have started to dwelled into the magnificent human condition of afterlife.

This link (under) is from Robert Lanza in MailOnline, Science and Tech, and it’s in Quantum field. Lanza has been linked here on this Tread, but it good to bring him back. The author work is in Quantum Physic (Biocentrism Theory), it’s the micro, nano world that is in question, and in this field, all is to be learned, it ain’t in the Traditional Physic and atoms.

The author has it the life is the creation of the Universe, not the other way around. Now, one may say that this is far fetched, but we have here a scientist doing research in Quantum Physic. Now Biocentrism is a theory, time, research will continue on, hopefully, we will learn more on the subject.

‘’Lanza, instead, said that when we die our life becomes a 'perennial flower that returns to bloom in the multiverse.

Life is an adventure that transcends our ordinary linear way of thinking. When we die, we do so not in the random billiard-ball-matrix but in the inescapable-life-matrix.’'

http://www.dailymail...-scientist.html

Here’s another link from the Online TrueActivist on the subject, a journalist present his comprehension of author Lanza.

http://www.trueactiv...-an-after-life/

The Independent Journal had a similar article.

http://www.independe...za-8942558.html

Dr. Alan Ross Hugenot, in Online ‘’Epoch Times’’ present another very interesting position on Afterlife.

‘’Hugenot said the human consciousness may function like the data we store in the cloud. That data can be accessed from multiple devices—your smartphone, your tablet, your desktop computer.

During a near-death experience, theorized Hugenot, the mind may be fleeing a dangerous situation. We can “flip the switch and go to the other computer,” he said.

“The nexus of my consciousness is in my head, but the locus of my consciousness—where is it really? It’s outside my body. Because inside and outside is an illusion.”

http://www.theepocht...uantum-physics/

It important that one may contest this theory to further the discussion.

Another author who dwelt in the matter is Gary E. Schwartz, Ph.D., he published his research, Dr. Schwartz’s 2007 follow-up was The God Experiments, in which he similarly used traditional scientific methods to demonstrate the omnipresence of Mind-energy. Now he comes forward with The Sacred Promise, in which he shares the results of his experiments that demonstrate the active involvement of Spirit in our lives.

http://afterlifeforu...-Sacred-Promise

Another author Richard Panek, in his Book ‘’The 4% Universe’’ says: ‘’The afterlife evidence suggests that most of reality is not material, and here – sure enough – is scientific evidence that about 94% of reality is invisible to us’’. His book is available at Amazon.

Don't we have a great challenge here, try to get a slight understanding of what is this great phenomenon that await us all!

Edited by Hyades

Most scientists dwelve in the material illusion, not yet ready to get a grasp on the challenges of energy, consciousness, dark matter, dark energies, and other defying Natural and Cosmic environment.

This has got to be one of the most asinine statements you've made so far. I imagine by "energy" you mean the woo-woo "magical energy" and not the scientific property energy? Otherwise asinine is an understatement.
E=MC2 is matter X energy (kilograms x meters squared per seconds), not the speed of light as you mentioned!

It's actually E=mc2. E is energy, m is mass, and c is the speed of light in a vacuum.

• Like 1