Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Surgeon performs monkey head transplant

Still Waters

The guy really has nothing to lose by doing this except get a better healthier body or die as he will anyway.

oh a vid of the 1950s head transplant. Maybe gross to some.

Well he reckons he did a mouse too. And plans to do this to a Russian Man next year. I guess we will find out soon enough if this is as wild as it seems or not.

Suicide by transplantation.

People ought to understand that if they are slated for death, they ought to die. Any transplantation is evil.

I take it your not that big on science.

• Like 2

Well he reckons he did a mouse too. And plans to do this to a Russian Man next year. I guess we will find out soon enough if this is as wild as it seems or not.

I have yet to hear he will be walking after this but at the most he won`t have a rotting body. He will have a healthy body with a functional brain. More or less I would do this as a last resort. Beats dieing slowly in a hospital room. However sometimes death is just better. Either way the guy wins unless he is forced to live after it works and he hates it.

• Like 1

People ought to understand that if they are slated for death, they ought to die. Any transplantation is evil.

Why is that now?

• Like 2

Why is that now?

Yes, I must ask this as well, why is transplantation evil? You know, aside from doing it for evil kicks and giggles.

I have yet to hear he will be walking after this but at the most he won`t have a rotting body. He will have a healthy body with a functional brain. More or less I would do this as a last resort. Beats dieing slowly in a hospital room. However sometimes death is just better. Either way the guy wins unless he is forced to live after it works and he hates it.

Really, its completely up to the man himself, if he wants to do a transplant let him, it is not for others to decide.

BTW, your avatar is a mindscrew. :P

• Like 1

Yes, I must ask this as well, why is transplantation evil? You know, aside from doing it for evil kicks and giggles.

Really, its completely up to the man himself, if he wants to do a transplant let him, it is not for others to decide.

BTW, your avatar is a mindscrew. :P

I would hope it would be his choice if not thats a real mindscrew. My avi is ya a bit odd but in reality we have 2 skins. One we show and one we don`t. ;)

• Like 1

I think this can be done. The nerves and the ability to walk after not so much. If the body is poisioned so is the head, maybe it wont work, ok most likely its not going to go that well imo but if it was my last best hope just maybe I woud be next in line. Stephen Hawking may have benifited from this 40 yrs ago, who knows as of yet.

I would hope it would be his choice if not thats a real mindscrew. My avi is ya a bit odd but in reality we have 2 skins. One we show and one we don`t. ;)

Indeed.

And that thing about skins... So true. :)

The science is in place but......... l if i was in this guys shoes, why not. If he dies on the table good thats how I would want it, clean neat and you would never know. If it works than wow and wtf happens lol

• Like 1

Such thinking needs to die. Any chance you're Jehovah's Witness?
  • Like 3

Don't take this the wrong way, but I highly doubt we advanced this far yet. I do hope it is true, because it would be a nice surprise we could finally help those that are paralyzed for the rest of their lives. This could help our veterans and save the lives of those who were born this way as well. I am all for bettering the quality of lives today, I have mad respect for those that are willing to sacrifice their lives in the name of medical research, but I hope we are not being lead down a rabbit hole with no real advancement in sight because someone wants to get rich off the misery of others. That is my worst fear, scam artists who are willing to sacrifice people's lives in the name of them getting rich and fake medical science.

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 1

Beyond disgusting. No morals at all.

We have no right to do this to any living being, least of all a primate. The man should be put in jail for cruelty to animals at the very least.

https://youtu.be/vXJGmnq8YMs

https://youtu.be/vOVS9zotSqM

Sounds like animal cruelty to me. Someone needs to call the cops.

Oh, nonsense. Experimenting and possibly sacrificing a few animals to develop a procedure that will potentially save thousands of lives is pretty reasonable. If scientists weren't allowed to do it, science and medicine wouldn't be anywhere near as advanced they're now and billions of people would have died as a result of it.

Edited by Redxx
  • Like 2

Life for life, any human life is more valuable.

Besides, we're not doing it because we "can." That is what would be sadistic.

Harte

Why is human life more valuable? Because you say so?

Those animals want to live as much as we do.

So you say, until somebody you love "could" have been saved, had only experiments like this taken place.

Absolutely not. I am not into Dr. Frankenstein and what he could do.

Edited by MJNYC

I have a real problem with head transplants..... The grammar. They are quite clearly BODY transplants.

A body doesn't get a new head -- A head gets a new body!

Pedantry rules!!!

• Like 1

The science is in place but......... l if i was in this guys shoes, why not. If he dies on the table good thats how I would want it, clean neat and you would never know. If it works than wow and wtf happens lol

I don't think we are quite ready for full head transplants yet. :)

Why is human life more valuable? Because you say so?

Those animals want to live as much as we do.

There is nothing, in my playbook of existence, to suggest any currently known life-form more valuable than that of a human.

There is nothing, in my playbook of existence, to suggest any currently known life-form more valuable than that of a human.

And, that makes you a speciest.

I will agree to vehemently disagree with you.

And, that makes you a speciest.

I will agree to vehemently disagree with you.

If, say, your son or daughter or yourself required the death of a non-human animal (including my precious dog) that human life might be preserved, I must, by default, choose human life.

As we are not allowed to experiment on humans then, unfortunatley this is the only way to advance science, the same as we need war to advance the human race. Gven the choice of killing an animal or letting someone i don't like die.....the animal would win. Loved ones is a different matter i'd sqcrifce another human for them let alone an animal.

I have a real problem with head transplants..... The grammar. They are quite clearly BODY transplants.

A body doesn't get a new head -- A head gets a new body!

Pedantry rules!!!

I've raised this before. I'd be pretty upset if a doctor told me they could save me, all they have to do is replace my head. Hence a body transplant is what i would want.

• Like 1

If, say, your son or daughter or yourself required the death of a non-human animal (including my precious dog) that human life might be preserved, I must, by default, choose human life.

Except if that was Osama Bin Laden?

Except if that was Osama Bin Laden?

I would have much preferred OBL taken alive.

One can't gain intelligence from a dead person.

• Like 1