Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Wizard Battle [3/5]

Circe

Welcome to Wizard Battle.

You play as a wizard who can do anything. Literally. Let yourself soar through the skies, bring someone back down to terra-firma, painfully. Give a wizard a present. Turn the said present into a bomb. I'm sure you get the idea.

Rules

But just because you CAN do anything, doesn't mean that you SHOULD. Each turn a die is rolled for your wizard, which can alter the effects of what they do.

1. Epic Failure. The opposite of your action happens. (This will always be unfavorable for the receiving wizard, regardless of the original action.)
  2. Failure. Your action fails completely. Bad things often happen in coincidence with this roll.
  3. Success? The action goes off... but perhaps not the way you intended.
  4. Success! The action goes off as you intended.
  5. Masterful. The action goes off, and it's somewhat improved.
  6. Epic Win! Your action is preformed in such fashion that something amazing also happens.

There are ways of getting figures other than these six, but nobody really knows too much about them.

Whether you conjure a light snack or create an entire planet, the chances of success are the same, however the bigger and more potent the original action, the bigger and more potent the backfire could be.

You can edit your posts to respond to other wizard's actions, but their actions are their own. Do not attempt to control others actions. Please avoid unbreakable items and insta-kill spells as they aren't fun for anyone.

Finally, while there is not going to be a hard cap on action amounts, but try and keep them reasonably sized. In a long post, it may be ideal to emphasize actions, especially if you feel they could be easily missed. Also if you want to talk to other people to discuss things, embrace those sentences in parentheses. For example: (That was a great move, John).

Updates are on Sundays GMT, I'll try and gather in all actions, but be warned posts or edits made on the Sunday before update time are liable to be overlooked.

The Goal

The goal is to kill the other wizards of course. You get 100 hitpoints to start with but don't worry too much if you do get killed, as you can respawn. Your first roll after a (re)spawn is always a 4.

The scoring is kept in a Kills to Death ratio.

Joining

To join, simply post your first action(s), it's that simple. But I'd recommend at least giving your wizard a name, and a description. You can certainly draw a picture of your wizard if you are the artistic type.

If you wish to contribute, but not join fully, you can also give wizards in the game Magical Items simply by posting as well.

I will be capping the max number of wizards active at once, but feel free to chime your interest even if the game's full, I'll put you on a waiting list and notify you when space opens up.

Inactive wizards, who attempt no actions at all for 2 consecutive turns are liable to be kicked out, especially if there are people waiting to play.

That's all the prep out of the way, what are you waiting for?

Sample Post:

This universe, is a scattered one. There are no traditional planets, merely fragments of land, or floating islands, floating around. Many of these islands may be familiar to those who have traveled across other universes. This is an unfortunate result of the previous universe's end. Each wizard gets a free aura that lets them survive in space, should it prove necessary. Two such islands are known to me well enough for me to send you there, but if you have something else in mind, I will not object. As it is currently however, the islands have been largely merged into a single large landmass.

Current Wizards:

Edited by Circe
  • Like 1

Iron Chungus a powerful weaver of the elements, master and eternal ruler of Chungusta! I awaken on an unidentified land mass confused at first i try to gather my thoughts and calm myself. I act quickly and cast a spell to blend into the shadows, waiting to see what dangers await in this unexplained world.

(so something like that and then wait for you and others?)

• Like 3

I am a wizard of unimaginable and terrible power, isolated for years on the fringes of magical society after the incident where I accidentally enchanting Gravy into a living monster whose nebulous body of buttery oozing pork and milk was unleashed upon the villages of Sintercept one vile and ice infested Autumn, although my research was technically within the narrow boundaries of acceptable morality I was still shunned, forced to leave my lavish research facilities and moderately attractive lab assistant (Steve, The Cat), The League of Enchanters stripped me of my arms, literally removing all of the flesh from both arms with Dark Frost over a period of 17 weeks of indescribably exquisite agony designed to rob me of my ability to cures as well as the fleeting bits of sanity that still hovered near my soul which itself has been turn Ovid Green due to my many transactions with the Butterly Fairies of Oons'nakhnar, however I found fragments of Nestlebent Dust and willed them into a sort of mechanically living flesh of gears and puss and vile lights streaming in dull shades of green and red as they course through valves and rust whetted passages that form muscles and veins, this is a constant reminder of the wrongs inflicted upon me which in turn has forced me to construct an underground labyrinthical maze of murder soaked in pain wrought through with twisted beasts whose very existence can only be described as abominations unto any god that has the courage to peer through the sulfur thickened clouds and Jjin'tril Mysts (the same ones that did so much damage to the Kundarnites of CLempreshk in the last phases of the Internecine Wars of the Fallen Heroes) that ride slow courses through the upper levels of hideous magics that I have woven into organic machines that frame the unliving souls of the Old Mallentish Peoples of the Lower Abstrbank region Bqekuuniz, I also have a new assistant to replace Steve, The Cat, who is also named Steve, The Cat, but mind you he is not in possession of the moderate attractiveness of his former namesake, he enjoys reading children's books and riding on a boat I have woven out of the tears of my many victims merged into Scarnantitium (and yes, the method of production did cause me to sacrifice my right femur bone under the blood moon of Nulc Valley during the Scourging of Xhunltz, but that is a rather dull story involving deals with Brownies to purchase large amounts of cookies, and yes the girl scout Brownies for their unholy magics are the key to unlocking the most vile of demonic magics) , but I digress, it appears my pizza has arrived so I most compel the thick and vicious mind of Obrintor to move towards the surface of the cosmic wind scoured surface of my floating Hell Stone, for soon, I shall feast on cheese and sauce with a tangible sauce of tomato based glory!

Edited by bubblykiss
  • Like 3

....(jesus bubbly) :D

I have been dying for somebody to post something about fairies or bigfoot, this has left me with pent up creative text just waiting to take form. :)

• Like 2

I have been dying for somebody to post something about fairies or bigfoot, this has left me with pent up creative text just waiting to take form. :)

i see that, it's fantastic i love it lmao. my brain is struggling to process just what you are trying to do though :D for now you are just feasting on pizza you want a roll on that?

• Like 2

i see that, it's fantastic i love it lmao. my brain is struggling to process just what you are trying to do though :D for now you are just feasting on pizza you want a roll on that?

Hell yeah, try and ruin my scrumptious pizza as I walk slowly by Number's window.....

• Like 1

Hell yeah, try and ruin my scrumptious pizza as I walk slowly by Number's window.....

hoping you choke on it :P

eta: oh and circe after a while you wont be able to update/edit your op so you may have to contact a mod to update it when the time comes

Edited by Iron_Lotus
  • Like 2

Eat slower.... I like to watch...

• Like 2

My name is Milamber Cocklebottom.

I am 468 years old and still have all of my own teeth and sincerely dislike anyone who spills my pint.. My prominent magical skill is black holes that suck my foes into oblivion. But I can travel through time too- so think twice before trying to defeat *Waves a finger that releases electricity*

I have just cast an umbrella shaped wormhole over Imaginarynumber1.