Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

China Backs Palestinian State

EEHC

I For one agree with China's support for a Palestinian state. A 2 state solution is the solution. I personally think that Palestine and Israel should be 1 state and given back to the Palestinians. Unfortunately that's not likely to happen. But a 2 state solution would be best for now.

The problem is that Netanyahu is a racist hatemongerer and doesn't want a 2 state solution. And as long as he and his despicable regime is around. there wont be any peace.

And also the problem is a lot of people buy into the anti arab, anti Palestinian propaganda.

By right Israel is important to Christians, Jews and Muslims and should and could be shared by all 3.

they could have a government made of jews,Christians and muslims. they could have a 2 state solution and they could get rid of the illegal settlers and give that land back to Palestine.

that way no more hoohah. but as I've said until Netanyahu goes and a more moderate government take place it won't happen.

I know posters will probably mention Hamas and the knife attacks by Palestinians. I'm sure if there was a solution then Hamas wouldn't be doing anything. abnd for the knife attacks, well of course it's wrong and I fuly condemn both sides when there using violence.

It's admirable that you disagree with the knife murders of civilians in Israel. I also agree that Jerusalem is important to the 3 Abrahamic faiths. When "Palestinian" Arabs of Jordan controlled the city you do realize that it was closed to all but Muslims, yes? You also realize that Abbas admitted that he considered ALL of Israel to be "occupied" land for about 70 years, right? With this in mind, how would you react if, after a two state deal was struck, the Palestinians kept firing rockets and stabbing civilians?
  • Like 1

I For one agree with China's support for a Palestinian state. A 2 state solution is the solution. I personally think that Palestine and Israel should be 1 state and given back to the Palestinians. Unfortunately that's not likely to happen. But a 2 state solution would be best for now.

Wait, you're for a 2-state solution, but for the Palestinians to get back "their land"...meaning what for the current residents? They have to pack up and leave? But you don't see it happening, so a 2-state solution is your resolution to the problem again, for now? So, how long then, until the current Israelis are removed?

The problem is that Netanyahu is a racist hatemongerer and doesn't want a 2 state solution. And as long as he and his despicable regime is around. there wont be any peace.

That's a lie. The problem is that Israel's neighbors aren't interested in a solution that doesn't involve genocide. They continue to attack Israel in spite of Israel's desire to just be left alone.

And also the problem is a lot of people buy into the anti arab, anti Palestinian propaganda.

Not sure why I kept reading after this bit of tripe. But, sigh, I did.

By right Israel is important to Christians, Jews and Muslims and should and could be shared by all 3.

It is. /rollseyes

they could have a government made of jews,Christians and muslims. they could have a 2 state solution and they could get rid of the illegal settlers and give that land back to Palestine.

That's not a 2-state solution. Just think about what you posted for a brief moment. Geez.

that way no more hoohah. but as I've said until Netanyahu goes and a more moderate government take place it won't happen.

You mean "that way no more Israel", then of course, blame Netanyahu for 70 years of aggression and attempted genocide toward Israel by its neighbors. You realize he hasn't even been around all that time, right?

I know posters will probably mention Hamas and the knife attacks by Palestinians. I'm sure if there was a solution then Hamas wouldn't be doing anything. abnd for the knife attacks, well of course it's wrong and I fuly condemn both sides when there using violence.

One side, Israel, uses violence for self-defense. The other, the Palestinians, uses it out hatred. Condemn the hatred, support the self-defense.

Edited by Thorvir Hrothgaard

That's cute China, how about you Free occupied Tibet first then talk about Palestine.

I agree but money talks. Imagine how many GI Jew toys they can sell to the Palestinian kids so they can tear their heads and limbs off.

Tibet is already free , free from that despotic and shameless self declared divinely chosen , Buddhism defiling incarnate of audacity to keep Tibetans in eternal subjugation ~

Tibet's input and output value total 700 mln U.S. dollars

2010-12-26 12:50:00 | by: Helen Wong | From: China Tibet Online

Tools: PrintEnIndex_toPrint.gif Size AdjustEnIndex_SizeAdjust01.gifEnIndex_SizeAdjust02.gif

The input and output trade of Tibet Autonomous Region (TAR) have maintained rapid growth this year, totaling 700 million U.S. dollars, up by 75% than previous year.

According to Baimachilin, Chairman of TAR, border trades and native production for export increased obviously, up by 97.2% and 67.9% respectively. The total volume of input and output reached 700 million U.S. dollars, up 75% over last year, keeping rapid growth rate.

In recent years, location advantages for the border trade have become increasingly prominent because of completion of Qinghai-Tibet Railway projects, improvement of logistics facilities and construction of border ports.

~

Tibet targets double-digit growth in 2016

By Source:Xinhua 2016-01-29

Tibet Autonomous Region in southwest China has set the ambitious target of achieving GDP growth exceeding 10 percent in 2016, the Tibetan regional government said Wednesday.

The plateau region reported 11-percent GDP growth last year, which reached 102.6 billion yuan (15.6 billion U.S. dollars), said Losang Jamcan, chair of the Tibetan regional government, at the annual meeting of the regional legislature, which opened Wednesday.

Outlining this year's development plan, Losang said Tibet aims to achieve a 20-percent increase in its fixed asset investments and raise the incomes of its urban and rural residents by 10 percent and 13 percent.

• english china tibet news link

~

What's in it for China?

good deals with Arabian countries

China's economy is slowly transitioning from being primarily consumer-driven, to a more mixed economy with services being a major part of it. A service economy largely relies on the custom of high net-worth clients, and it appears many of the govts and individuals of various Arab countries are very high net-worth.

The gain for China may not be immediate, or even short-term, but China seems quite okay with playing the longer game.

• Like 1

Tibet is already free , free from that despotic and shameless self declared divinely chosen , Buddhism defiling incarnate of audacity to keep Tibetans in eternal subjugation ~

~

• english china tibet news link

~

So occupations, and forced relocations are good for business then.

So occupations, and forced relocations are good for business then.

Nope ... cooperation with conducive state relations and economic ties are good for business ~

Fourth session of the 10th Tibet People's Congress kicks off in Lhasa

By Megan Source:China Tibet News 2016-01-27

The fourth session of the 10th Tibet People's Congress is solemnly opened at 10 a.m. on January 27 in Lhasa, capital of southwest China's Tibet Autonomous Region.

Chairman Losang Jamcan delivers a government work report on this conference. Delegates of Tibet People's Congress from all walks of life in the region get together to give counsels on Tibet Autonomous Region’s leapfrog development and lasting social stability.

`

• china tibet news link

`

Nope ... cooperation with conducive state relations and economic ties are good for business ~

• china tibet news link

`

Well I guess its ok to invade, occupie, and then move millions of your own people into the occupied area to the point of taking over as the main ethnic group.

• Like 2

Well I guess its ok to invade, occupie, and then move millions of your own people into the occupied area to the point of taking over as the main ethnic group.

You are grossly misinformed ... but then again your intention was never about the facts in the first place so its not really about Tibet you are concerned about at all ~

You are grossly misinformed ... but then again your intention was never about the facts in the first place so its not really about Tibet you are concerned about at all ~

Well what is fact is that the PLA defeated the TA in 1950 and then annexed Tibet.

Tibet was its own nation prior to the Chinese invasion and occupation.

Soooo China should really speak to much about what's going on with Israel and Palistine.

• Like 2

Well what is fact is that the PLA defeated the TA in 1950 and then annexed Tibet.

Tibet was its own nation prior to the Chinese invasion and occupation.

Annexed ? :lol:

THat in itself shows how out of touch if, you were at all to begin with, with the state of affairs in harping this already embarrassingly ignorant assertion, way back when, decades ago,

Soooo China should really speak to much about what's going on with Israel and Palistine.

Like I said ... Tibet and Tibetans is and remains the least of what you are concerned about ~ and Palestine and Palestinians too from what you exhibit here, all in all this is what it is as it is now and presently ... the Middle East and most of all, the Syrian Situation is a clear indicator of all things that is wrong with what you are attempting in implying in regards to however you care to question China's trust worth or diplomatic motives.

Either the world is of unsound mind or it is you yourself that is hopelessly caught in an archaic cold war world mental stasis, I suspect the latter, with all due respect.

~

I guess it's okay for the uninformed to pretend China is a shining beacon of humanitarian charity as well. I guess those same people are okay with Tibet being occupied against their will.

I'm sure those same people, uninformed as they are, have been okay with Constantinople being occupied for centuries on end by militant islamist conquerors.

And, finally, I'm sure those same uninformed people will jump up and say this and that about the US "occupying" Native Indian land in North America (as well as those being occupied in South America, Australia, etc)--trying to catch me in some sort of "gotcha"--no one has yet. So to them, I'm sure two wrongs make a right.

Oh let's dispense with the shallow display of sincerity bursting at the seams with falsities that all this is in the interests of the Tibetans or anything humanitarian in regards to the issues raised here ~

The Autonomously Represented Tibetans with all its minority and ethnic groups are doing what is best for Tibet , not to appease the separatists ... and China is doing what best that can be done that honors the long standing historical and cooperative relations with Tibet that stretches back close to a thousand years if not more ~

Friendly Feudalism: The Tibet Myth

(updated and expanded version, January 2007)

But what of Tibetan Buddhism? Is it not an exception to this sort of strife? And what of the society it helped to create? Many Buddhists maintain that, before the Chinese crackdown in 1959, old Tibet was a spiritually oriented kingdom free from the egotistical lifestyles, empty materialism, and corrupting vices that beset modern industrialized society. Western news media, travel books, novels, and Hollywood films have portrayed the Tibetan theocracy as a veritable Shangri-La. The Dalai Lama himself stated that “the pervasive influence of Buddhism” in Tibet, “amid the wide open spaces of an unspoiled environment resulted in a society dedicated to peace and harmony. We enjoyed freedom and contentment.” 4

A reading of Tibet’s history suggests a somewhat different picture. “Religious conflict was commonplace in old Tibet,” writes one western Buddhist practitioner. “History belies the Shangri-La image of Tibetan lamas and their followers living together in mutual tolerance and nonviolent goodwill. Indeed, the situation was quite different. Old Tibet was much more like Europe during the religious wars of the Counterreformation.” 5 In the thirteenth century, Emperor Kublai Khan created the first Grand Lama, who was to preside over all the other lamas as might a pope over his bishops. Several centuries later, the Emperor of China sent an army into Tibet to support the Grand Lama, an ambitious 25-year-old man, who then gave himself the title of Dalai (Ocean) Lama, ruler of all Tibet.

• Michael Parenti org link

And they are doing well ... and that is well enough for all that is happy for Tibet ~

~

China has made it quite clear and known for a long time to the Zionists that China does and will recognise Palestinine in a Two State Solution , no surprises to Bibi there, more and more are already sick and tired of Bibi's long practice of throwing the wrench into the works whenever talks are set up for a peaceful resolution to this issue ~

~

time is running out for Bibi -

France threatens to recognize Palestinian state if no progress with Israel

Dorell_Oren.png Oren Dorell, USA TODAY 6:19 p.m. EST January 31, 2016

because things like these simply has to stop in the name of humanity and that it has been going on for so long is a blight on the integrity of Modern Human Civilization ~

Ethnic Cleansing of Invented People

By Miko Peled

De-Arabizing the history of Palestine is another crucial element of the ethnic cleansing. 1500 years of Arab and Muslim rule and culture in Palestine are trivialized, evidence of its existence is being destroyed and all this is done to make the absurd connection between the ancient Hebrew civilization and today’s Israel. The most glaring example of this today is in Silwan, (Wadi Hilwe) a town adjacent to the Old City of Jerusalem with some 50,000 residents. Israel is expelling families from Silwan and destroying their homes because it claims that king David built a city there some 3000 years ago. Thousands of families will be made homeless so that Israel can build a park to commemorate a king that may or may not have lived 3000 years ago. Not a shred of historical evidence exists that can prove King David ever lived yet Palestinian men, women, children and the elderly along with their schools and mosques, churches and ancient cemeteries and any evidence of their existence must be destroyed and then denied so that Zionist claims to exclusive rights to the land may be substantiated.

Once we connect the dots it is not hard to see that the occupation of the West Bank and Gaza is only a small part of the Israeli Palestinian issue. The greater issue is the ongoing ethnic cleansing of Palestine by the Zionist state. The way forward for Israelis and Palestinians alike is to oppose the ethnic cleansing by opposing all its manifestations. This means supporting the movement to boycott, divest and place sanctions on Israel, or BDS for short, it means actively participating in the popular non-violent struggle in Palestine and it means challenging the racist laws that govern Israel by defying them. There has to be a clear and unequivocal call to recognize that the IDF is a terrorist organization and its officers are war criminals. Furthermore, the reprehensible discrimination against Palestinians, whether they live in Israel/Palestine or not, practiced by the security officials at Ben Gurion airport and other points of entry to Israel/Palestine must be challenged. The struggle for a democracy in our shared homeland is no different than the struggle at Tahrir square and can in fact be seen as part of the Arab Spring.

“Miko Peled is a peace activist who dares to say in public what others still choose to deny. He has credibility, so when he debunks myths that Jews around the world hold with blind loyalty, people listen. Miko was born in Jerusalem in 1961 into a well known Zionist family. His grandfather, Dr. Avraham Katsnelson was a Zionist leader and signer on the Israeli Declaration of Independence. His father, Matti Peled was a young officer in the war of 1948 and a general in the war of 1967 when Israel conquered the West Bank, Gaza, Golan Heights and the Sinai. http://mikopeled.wordpress.com/

• information clearing house link

~

• Like 1

Never gonna happen old hoss. :-*:w00t: At least, not without MASSIVE loss of life and fortune for those haters that attempt it. Hey, if they really want it that bad then - come get you some! :gun:

Never gonna happen old hoss. :-*:w00t: At least, not without MASSIVE loss of life and fortune for those haters that attempt it. Hey, if they really want it that bad then - come get you some! :gun:

Just from that little snippet alone you have exposed what little there is left of your ledge of incoherence as the empty posturing of an extremist on a lost cause ...

WHY ORTHODOX JEWS ARE OPPOSED TO A ZIONIST STATE

However the true People of Israel will never change their nature or give up their Faith because of the strength the Creator gives them.

Zionism is a foreign growth in the body of the Jewish People. The end will be that it will rid itself of this foreign growth and remain pure.

Zionism has overcome the Jewish people by force, fraud and terror, but none of this will help them because the truth will always remain with the help of the Creator.

Zionism will not replace the Jewish People. The Jewish People will remain strong in their faith and the Zionist State will cease to exist.

It is therefore, our demand that the State that calls itself ISRAEL, should cease to exist. Since this won't be done, we demand that they cease to call themselves "Israel", because their entire being is in complete opposition to the true People of Israel. The true People of Israel deny them permission to call themselves by that name. The Zionist leaders have no right to set themselves up as the representatives and spokesmen of the true People of ISRAEL.

Since we know they will not fulfill this demand either we feel that at least we cry out the truth. The truth will always remain the truth. By no means or force can the truth be changed. Even if all the world would say that one and one is three, the truth will remain that one and one is two.

Let the truth be declared. The use of the Name "ISRAEL" by that State is a complete falsification. The People of Israel have nothing to do with that State. Zionism and its State have no share and no part in the true ISRAEL.

~

aye ... the TRUTH shall be declared ...

~

Just from that little snippet alone you have exposed what little there is left of your ledge of incoherence as the empty posturing of an extremist on a lost cause ...

~

aye ... the TRUTH shall be declared ...

~

Uh huh... you should Google the word VERBOSE, just sayin'

I'd support the founding of a Palestinian State, though I fear it would self-destruct shortly after being created. I fear that the PLO just couldn't RESIST sending terrorists into Israel, just as it did when the area was under Jordanian rule. Sooner or later it would get caught out, and Israel would invade, and we'd be back to square one. Or.. possibly.. Israel would just evict all of the Palestinians, and annexe the area into Israel proper.

As for East Jerusalem, or ANY part of Jerusalem, a Palestinian state has ZERO "claim" on that city. The PA/PLO's insistence on having Jerusalem as its capital is sheer cynical opportunism of the basest type, and is also intended to ensure that there is NEVER peace between them and Israel.

• Like 3

I'd support the founding of a Palestinian State, though I fear it would self-destruct shortly after being created. I fear that the PLO just couldn't RESIST sending terrorists into Israel, just as it did when the area was under Jordanian rule. Sooner or later it would get caught out, and Israel would invade, and we'd be back to square one. Or.. possibly.. Israel would just evict all of the Palestinians, and annexe the area into Israel proper.

Well, any state sanctioned terrorism would be an act of war, if Palestine was an acknowledged nation, Israel would have every right to invade, occupy annex and expel.

• Like 2

Well, any state sanctioned terrorism would be an act of war, if Palestine was an acknowledged nation, Israel would have every right to invade, occupy annex and expel.

Which is why it doesn't matter who the leader is today, the Palestinians will not actually "pull the trigger" on any peace deal. But I suspect that even if they are forced by circumstances to oblige France or someone else and sign a document while receiving less than complete removal of the Jew from Israel, they would find an excuse for starting hostilities again shortly. It doesn't even make any bad sense. It's just another sign of the world's level of insanity these days.
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just to return to that point; can anyone give me ANY legal or historical justification for the newly-created state of Palestine demanding Jersusalem as its capital ?

• Like 1

Just to return to that point; can anyone give me ANY legal or historical justification for the newly-created state of Palestine demanding Jersusalem as its capital ?

*snip*

Sorry, just a bit peevish. I know of NONE.

Edited by and then

Well, have the Israelis and Palestinians ever even tried peace? Who's to say they cannot coexist peacefully?

• Like 1

This is a good article. It tells of the transformation in Israel and the takeover by extremists (nationalists/settlers and Ultra Orthodox).

This danger is now hovering over Israel. The settlers are neither “wild weeds” nor youth from the margins. They constitute an extreme and immediate threat to everything that has been built in this country in recent generations. The Hebrew state is disappearing, and in its place, the Jewish state is taking over.

And this isn’t the Judaism that arose during 2,000 years in exile – the Judaism of Rabbi Yochanan Ben Zakkai, the Judaism of a dispersed community that loathed violence. We are now witnessing a mutation of Judaism, a new Judaism – fanatic, violent and now murderous as well. It is liable to bury the state, just as it buried the Second Temple.

The state can still be saved. But to do so, the real Israel – the secular, national Israel – must wake up. We need the courage to change before disaster strikes.

link