Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Becoming Resentful

VerdeICe

Lately Ive been resentful of everything spiritual, paranormal, or mysterious. I always held the belief that just cause I cant find/see it, that dose not mean its reality is false. But lately after reading posts of sightings, Ive become resentful of the whole idea. You've seen a ghost? You've seen an angel; a devil? You've awakened to you psychic powers? Your a psychic warning of the price of power? Well, screw you.

Why am I suddenly like this? I was never a sceptic. But lately everything feels like a lie. Make believe and playing pretend. And after years of searching, after years of hoping, Ive become tired of it all. Man, I even asked a hoodoo witch to curse me, My life is unchanged. I know my anger is irrational, maybe this is how a kid who truly believes in Santa feels after finding out his dad was placing presents under the tree while he slept.

Stranger still is that I still believe in this junk, but I just dont believe any of you.

Edited by VerdeICe

Well. I mean, that's because all of its BS (except the stories I tell). And your 6th sense allows you to pick up on this.

I know, I'm just asking for abuse now...

• Like 2

Lately Ive been resentful of everything spiritual, paranormal, or mysterious. I always held the belief that just cause I cant find/see it, that dose not mean its reality is false. But lately after reading posts of sightings, Ive become resentful of the whole idea. You've seen a ghost? You've seen an angel; a devil? You've awakened to you psychic powers? Your a psychic warning of the price of power? Well, screw you.

No, screw yourself buddy... You feel resentful, that's your problem. And it doesn't give you the license to be rude to anyone on a public forum like that...

Why am I suddenly like this? I was never a sceptic. But lately everything feels like a lie. Make believe and playing pretend. And after years of searching, after years of hoping, Ive become tired of it all. Man, I even asked a hoodoo witch to curse me, My life is unchanged. I know my anger is irrational, maybe this is how a kid who truly believes in Santa feels after finding out his dad was placing presents under the tree while he slept.

Stranger still is that I still believe in this junk, but I just dont believe any of you.

Expectations generally lead to frustration, especially when things don't go like we hope they will... Feeling lost or confused at some point in our lives is very natural to all of us. And when you hold any amount of resentment, you're the only one who is affected, nobody else except just you. Also, anything that affects you, holds the power to control your life (to a certain measure).

In my opinion, being indifferent can be a much safer option than holding a negative attitude towards anyone or anything... This universe and everything that is spiritual, paranormal and mysterious about it, is indifferent to our very existence - i.e. your resentment has no affect on any of it whatsoever!! So why waste your precious energy feeling like that? This is but your own life, and I like to think that the best way of living it is by keeping yourself happy... Your happiness is the only thing that should count... To believe or not to believe in something is your personal choice, but believe this - nobody really cares that you feel so bitter about this stuff. Therefore, being a little selfish is also not a bad thing IMHO, that's what an intelligent person would do... I hope that you feel better, please try to cheer up!! :)

• Like 1

Maybe that was the whole intent of the hoodoo curse; to make you go from being an open minded, curious, seacrching, spirit - to now become a bitter, resentful, James Randi-like, snarky b@$t@rd, that never will experience anything spiritual - until it all eats you up inside? I say you got your moneys worth from that hoodoo-witch, don't ya think. ;)

Edited by EllJay
  • Like 1

Spread peace, not anger. Give people a chance or you'll have no chance.

• Like 1

Learn all you can about the human mind and the psyche and you will discover what drives these outlandish claims of sightings and so on. No need to be angry, resentful or rude; learn and think but avoid believing as it only acts as an obstacle to learning.

• Like 1

So how can i help?

From what you have written, i doubt this has just happened all of a sudden. I think you have just reached a tipping point.

I think it will be because of all the rubbish out there, that you have been focusing on.

You understand that you manifest what you focus on/believe, yes?

So, is it not logical that whatever you are believing and are focusing on, is what you will see/notice, more than anything else?

When you have a momentum going of anything, that is what you see.

For example; Say you start seeing a couple of pregnant women.... Suddenly, It can seems like it becomes a epidemic of pregnant women... All because this is where your focus is.

Well,

It's the same with all things, even these so called; Spiritual, paranormal, mysterious stuff you say you have been reading.

Now,

When you speak of Reality.... The question is... Who's reality?

For example;

Get two people who witnessed the same event and ask them to recall the event. They will most probably give you two completely different recalls of that same event.

Reality can be as subjective as all else.

So, you have become resentful...... So what?

If, however...

You don't like feeling this way, it is only you that can lift yourself up from that feeling. it's not for others to please you. Only you can please you.

Why is it so important that you, to believe in others experiences?

Would it not be better, to do your own personal study work and come to your own understandings?

Why are others so important to you?

What relevance do their so called experiences have to do with your own?

Personally, I feel it good to be sceptical. I don't find skepticism a bad thing, at all.

In fact, i find it a very healthy stance to take.

I find skepticism helpful in telling the wheat from the chaff, so to speak.

It is highly probable that their sightings, psychic stuffs you mention are off but ....

You have the momentum going on about all this, as bumph and so this is what you see.

Your frequency is, for whatever reason... Now focused there and so that is what you manifest.

'Everything feels like a lie'.... Surely you exaggerate? Everything, Everything?

May be these 'years of searching' have been more about others, than your own experiences? To me it does seem so, from what you write here.

So, i ask again....How can i help?

Edited by Blue Star

I have come to resent a lot of things over the course of my short life, resentments are just things you have to learn to live with. No matter how they make you feel.

Sounds like the disinformation folks have found UM....again... What a mess controlling things would be if there were a bunch if intuitives and psychics five steps ahead of your game...lol.. *waves at VerdelCe* :st

Lately I've been resentful of everything spiritual, paranormal, or mysterious. I always held the belief that just cause I cant find/see it, that dose not mean its reality is false. But lately after reading posts of sightings, Ive become resentful of the whole idea. You've seen a ghost? You've seen an angel; a devil? You've awakened to you psychic powers? Your a psychic warning of the price of power? Well, screw you.

Why am I suddenly like this? I was never a skeptic. But lately everything feels like a lie. Make believe and playing pretend. And after years of searching, after years of hoping, I've become tired of it all. Man, I even asked a hoodoo witch to curse me, My life is unchanged. I know my anger is irrational, maybe this is how a kid who truly believes in Santa feels after finding out his dad was placing presents under the tree while he slept.

Stranger still is that I still believe in this junk, but I just don't believe any of you.

You've realized that we don't live in the magical world of Harry Potter. First rule, don't believe anyone. Second rule, give everyone the benefit of a doubt.

Learn all you can about the human mind and the psyche and you will discover what drives these outlandish claims of sightings and so on. No need to be angry, resentful or rude; learn and think but avoid believing as it only acts as an obstacle to learning.

Learn as much about the mind as possible and you'll learn about what you really can do. No hocus pocus involved.