Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Indian jet shoots down UFO over Rajasthan

UM-Bot

The incident, which occurred yesterday morning, is already being referred to as 'India's Roswell'.

According to the Indian Air Force, the object, which was described as "suspicious", was intercepted by a fighter jet after showing up on radar over the Barmer district near the border with Pakistan.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...-over-rajasthan

• Like 1

Id like a definitive, conclusive incident to happen but despite sounding interesting initially it is soooo vague! "Balloon shaped object" and cone like debris? Could be anything, is there more information?

• Like 2

It managed to appear on the Indian radar, but if it had travelled here from another planet it manage to dodge all the "eyes" watching the skies by other countries.

I reckon there is the answer as to whether it came from somewhere other than Earth...NO.

• Like 2

Huh.

Seems that nowadays there is WAY too much military/civilian stuff in "the air" from a host of different countries to make any definitive or suggestive connection to, say, ET-UFO's.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 5

"Between 10.30 and 11 am today (Tuesday, January 26, 2016) an unidentified balloon-shaped object was picked up by the Indian Air Force (IAF) radar," said a spokesman.

Whatever the object was it seems unlikely to have been a weather balloon.

• Like 1

well the vid mentions the word balloon multiple times....

If it looked like a balloon...it probably was...

• Like 3

id have little doubt that real genuine alien ufo that had the tech to even get here, would have self defence abilities....or just the ability to get out of the way of a missile...

still, its not nice to think that if aliens did visit, all we'd want is to blow them out the sky without even saying hello....

• Like 4

[/background][/font][/color]

They got to try and keep it as "Roswell" like as possible...would not surprise me if there is some poor 9 year old Indian kids making a couple of "aliens" right now to put on a slab later for an autopsy.

• Like 1

Its a weather balloon 'nothing to see here!'

More than likely it is a drone or some kind of Chinese Lantern. But the weather balloon story works so well.

Maybe we should lobby Governments on how much it costs to scramble a Fighter aircraft to intercept these troublesome weather balloons that fool us so much. Or way within existing technology can't they carry a transponder which would also prevent and collisions with commercial aircraft and stop these false alarms.

Edited by skookum
  • Like 2

Its a weather balloon 'nothing to see here!'

More than likely it is a drone or some kind of Chinese Lantern. But the weather balloon story works so well.

Maybe we should lobby Governments on how much it costs to scramble a Fighter aircraft to intercept these troublesome weather balloons that fool us so much. Or way within existing technology can't they carry a transponder which would also prevent and collisions with commercial aircraft and stop these false alarms.

and rather than waste expensive missiles, why not FLY CLOSER and just have a damned good look? Oh and turn on the video recorder too

eta: maybe they didnt use a missile and just shot at it...but still....

Edited by seeder
  • Like 5

Near the border with Pakistan? Sounds like somebody's surveillance device going off course. Perhaps, as it's "balloon shaped", it might well be a , well, balloon, something designed to loiter for extended periods. Good to see India is alert to unauthorised incursions, at any rate. Even if they do seem to take the Turkish approach of shooting first and trying to find out what it is later.

Edited by Otto von Pickelhaube
  • Like 1

There is only one thing from India I believe in: curry.

• Like 5

It managed to appear on the Indian radar, but if it had travelled here from another planet it manage to dodge all the "eyes" watching the skies by other countries.

I reckon there is the answer as to whether it came from somewhere other than Earth...NO.

It came straight out of the sky down to India, obviously.

Rajasthan. That's where the layer of supposedly "radioactive ash" was found. The region around Mohenjo-daro, the ancient city that was melted to glass by the nuclear weapon described in the Mahabarata.

Archaeologist Francis Taylor, who discovered the site, found some weird script somewhere nearby that nobody else could translate (or see) and found out all kind of wild info about what happened.

Historian Kisari Mohan Ganguli sez there's lots of references to mushroom clouds throughout the Mahabharata, which is an extremely long, unreadable and boring Indian epic story about a nuclear war between aliens that happened there. You know, as long as you figure "parasol" means "mushroom cloud."

All those people dying at once, and radioactive skeletons and such.

Oh! The inanity!

Those were the days, my friends.

Harte

EDIT; Forgot to add the source.

H.

Edited by Harte
  • Like 2

I have always had my doubts about 'shooting down' craft that supposedly come her from far away places, because if they have the technology to travel great distances or 'warp' space....I would think they could stop heat seeking or radar guided missile. Maybe I'm wrong maybe I watch too much Star Trek, maybe they know nothing of hostility or war and have no defenses.

Naaaaah...I like the balloon theory

seax :tu:

It came straight out of the sky down to India, obviously.

Rajasthan. That's where the layer of supposedly "radioactive ash" was found. The region around Mohenjo-daro, the ancient city that was melted to glass by the nuclear weapon described in the Mahabarata.

Archaeologist Francis Taylor, who discovered the site, found some weird script somewhere nearby that nobody else could translate (or see) and found out all kind of wild info about what happened.

Historian Kisari Mohan Ganguli sez there's lots of references to mushroom clouds throughout the Mahabharata, which is an extremely long, unreadable and boring Indian epic story about a nuclear war between aliens that happened there. You know, as long as you figure "parasol" means "mushroom cloud."

All those people dying at once, and radioactive skeletons and such.

Oh! The inanity!

Those were the days, my friends.

Harte

EDIT; Forgot to add the source.

H.

��

😨

well this is rubbish,first time I post on my super Cooper new phone and I can not post a smilie!

sorry Harte ,it's going pearshaped.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

Near the border with Pakistan? Sounds like somebody's surveillance device going off course. Perhaps, as it's "balloon shaped", it might well be a , well, balloon, something designed to loiter for extended periods. Good to see India is alert to unauthorised incursions, at any rate. Even if they do seem to take the Turkish approach of shooting first and trying to find out what it is later.

I wondered that myself. India shot down a drone that the US was using to gather intel on terrorist activity.

I do have the feeling that their won't be anymore follow up on this story like most others.

• Like 1

��

😨

well this is rubbish,first time I post on my super Cooper new phone and I can not post a smilie!

sorry Harte ,it's going pearshaped.

That bit of woo is a catch and release. The post I made is the lure.

I haven't had a Mohenjo-daro fish on my line in a while. Just checking to see if there's a lunker in the eddies.

You gotta refresh the woo every now and then or you won't have any more idiots to argue with.

Harte

that is a Russian jet.the Indians aint got none of them to there selves.

Yes they do.

The Sukhoi Su-30MKI is actually made under licence in India and the Indian airforce have more than 200. So why would you claim that they don't have any ?

https://en.wikipedia...Sukhoi_Su-30MKI

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 1