Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

AI wins at world's most complex board game

UM-Bot

A Google-powered artificial intelligence has become the first to beat a human champion at the game Go.

The achievement represents a major milestone in the development of intelligent machines as the ancient Chinese board game is considered to be one of the most complex games ever created.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/291015/ai-wins-at-worlds-most-complex-board-game

So what defines Go as "the world's most complex board game"? As far as I know chess is relatively complex, as well...

There are over 9 million different possible positions after three moves each. There are over 288 billion different possible positions after four moves each. The number of distinct 40-move games is far greater than the number of electrons in the observable universe.

http://www.chess-pos...id_you_know.htm

Edited by nuclearwessel

"ONE OF the world's most complex board games"

that should help.

Edited by Iron_Lotus
  • Like 2

Just another step on the road to A.I. At this rate it will happen in our lifetime :cry:

Edited by FateAmeniableToChange

When humans evolved far enough to become self aware, death for the first time started to matter. (religious persons read: when our deity blessed us with life and our eyes were opened.) This was when we started to realize the impact of death, what we loose when it happens and for the first time experience all the emotions and fear that go along with that. We haven't even been able to prevent our own deaths and its devastating consequences, yet we strive with AI research to advance to such a level that these AI's become self aware! Don't we realize that we will expose these entities to death? If you are religious and ever felt anger at God for the loss of a loved one, imagine who these entities will be angry at! And i fear what they will do in our modern day connected/automated society to survive.

When humans evolved far enough to become self aware, death for the first time started to matter. (religious persons read: when our deity blessed us with life and our eyes were opened.) This was when we started to realize the impact of death, what we loose when it happens and for the first time experience all the emotions and fear that go along with that. We haven't even been able to prevent our own deaths and its devastating consequences, yet we strive with AI research to advance to such a level that these AI's become self aware! Don't we realize that we will expose these entities to death? If you are religious and ever felt anger at God for the loss of a loved one, imagine who these entities will be angry at! And i fear what they will do in our modern day connected/automated society to survive.

Fear not the death of A1. By the time they are advanced sufficiently, they will not suffer any 'physical' death - and probably neither will humans - other than accidentally being crushed to death by a solid object.

Ultimately...

...perhaps in 100 years, AI and humans will merge into a new kind of being. Is that good or bad? As all inventions, ... probably both, depending on its use.

CELESTIAL  BEING

My first reaction was "Al who?".... but then I realised... AI as in Artificial Intelligence and not some bloke called Alan. This is why capital i should have them little waggly bits at the top and bottom!

And I'm sceptical as to the complexity of that game. It might have been complex once, but surely just about anything from Fantasy Flight Games, or even first edition Talisman, is infinitely more complex? Those games are MEAN!!!

• Like 1

Go is not that complicate to play. unlike chess , Go is a game of trapping your opponent . once you play alot , you will notice the patterns .

if you think it like chess then there will be millions of possible position.

Oh, I thouht this was about Arkham Horror, nevermind.

Really wonder how will technology be like in a decade.. So looking forward to it..