Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gigantic Gas Cloud on Collision Course

Still Waters

In case you didn't know, a huge - like, on a galactic scale - cloud of gas is currently speeding toward our galaxy at 700,000 mph. It's full of sulfur, over 11,000 light-years long and 2,500 light-years wide, contains as much mass as a million suns...and was very likely spat out of the Milky Way while T. rex was walking the Earth.

And it's a case of "what goes up must come down" - the cloud is on a ballistic trajectory after being blown out from our own galaxy, 70 million years ago.

http://news.discover...laxy-160129.htm

• Like 3

Gigantic gas cloud? I thought this was going to be another story about donald Trump.

:-/

• Like 2

I wonder if the writers of Star Trek: The Motion Picture got the idea from Gail Smith and called it VGer?

I think the world should be worrying about alien invasion, or or ISIS domination or or apocalypse etc which is more likely going to happen in the near future

I think the world should be worrying about alien invasion, or or ISIS domination or or apocalypse etc which is more likely going to happen in the near future

Who is worrying about this ?

In the immortal words of Bobby McFerrin: "don't worry be happy"