Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The theory of God what is it?

Roy Perry

God belief and God unbelief

01\30\2016

God is belief that some people share and others do not which belief is just theory which is a guess, guesswork, speculation, assumption, concepts, ideas, ideology, and belief. Some of us believe in God big deal it just a part of life if science has their guess we can to. Sure I have my reasons why I believe but they do not matter but matters is what God is.

God is the ideal that something creative everything we have named like words in 1590 we came with the word theory from a conception which was speculation looking at things and coming up with ideals about them. Which be an intelligible ideal or it might not everyone has own opinion to its truth or not truth. Which is based on observation of the belief or theory but in no way does this become a fact other than person that believe in the word theory.

The theory of anything is not indisputably fact for if it was it be fact not a theory which is just a good guess that is why some are proven wrong. If a theory might be proven one day they might prof my belief was in vain but until then I believe because one day I might prove there is a God like being.

Love Roy

• Like 4

Roy Perry:

God is belief that some people share and others do not which belief is just theory which is a guess, guesswork, speculation, assumption, concepts, ideas, ideology, and belief. Some of us believe in God big deal it just a part of life if science has their guess we can to. Sure I have my reasons why I believe but they do not matter but matters is what God is.

God is the ideal that something creative everything we have named like words in 1590 we came with the word theory from a conception which was speculation looking at things and coming up with ideals about them. Which be an intelligible ideal or it might not everyone has own opinion to its truth or not truth. Which is based on observation of the belief or theory but in no way does this become a fact other than person that believe in the word theory.

The theory of anything is not indisputably fact for if it was it be fact not a theory which is just a good guess that is why some are proven wrong. If a theory might be proven one day they might prof my belief was in vain but until then I believe because one day I might prove there is a God like being.

Hey there Roy. :st

Well, I would probably sum this up, in my feeling, as a personl reflection on what you would perceive God, which is part of your religion. I am actually coming to this thought process, because I can perceive my belief in the same manner, as a personal theory.

I wonder though, if you are in a constant personal religious reflection.

Now, bringing in the term 'theory', I have come up with the definition of it, (by double clicking on the word theory by the mode of my laptop) and I get this:

the·o·ry

A supposition or a system of ideas intended to explain something, especially one based on general principles independent of the thing to be explained.

Now, I can see a theory being a starting point to a conclusion, when examining actual situations, artifacts, and reactions, where one can start on seeing it as a theory.

I guess, one could use the holy books, the time frame of how particular religions last, and and see it as a theory to examing more.

The thing is, and I can say this of my belief, there is still a non-substantial situation that makes it more of assumption than theory, I think.

That is why, I feel it's more of a hard edge reflection.

But, that is me. *shrugs*

• Like 2

Edited by Mystic Crusader
  • Like 3

I think the God Theory is emotion vs intellect. Mark Twain said something like, 'God is what you believe in that you know ain't true."

The intellect is independent of what it observes, emotion is one with what it observes. This is the power of faith and belief, they become you. This is also the danger of faith and belief.

Love is a form of insanity in that it is not of the rational mind. A sane, healthy mind is a rational mind grounded in reality. Emotion uses the imagination to allow the unreal to appear real.

So, where is the balance between emotion and the intellect? Should not the intellect always remain aware of emotion and not allow emotion to dominate, to transform us into only what we imagine to be real?

• Like 3

From what I understand, the theory of God basically boils down to: "a belief in a "higher power" who created all that there is and rewards those who worship him and damns those who "sin"." Of course I am not religious and my knowledge of religion (any one of them) is very minimal. :)

The hypothesis of God is whatever one wants it to be, or fears it to be.

ganesh_lamps_by_vishnu108-d32oi9m.gif

• Like 1

Yes Roy, Theory of God, as you know, it's man made!

But I want to share a particular understanding I have of G/god!

IMHO, I think that there is a Conscious Creative Force made of Light energy that has the power over life. It's like a super, super conscious computer able to generate living algorythms, and control matter, energy over time, space.

Being part of this creation, we were programmed (by Society) to undervalued who we are, what's our potentiel?, how to be good toward others. It would be great to know why is life living that way, (birth, youth, adult, (work, love, mariage, children) old age, death)?, but maybe I have it wrong, that this is sublime! Only a technical god would produce human with such characteristics. But I think I know or not, there is more to it I can't get a hold on!, may we find it in love?, is it more than love?

I guess we need to keep searching within to get at creation secrets, been trying, not fruitful yet!

In my limited understanding of living, if I be rich, I would give my wealth to one that could explained the underlying truth behind what is G/god? IMHO, I think this truth has been known in prior ages on Earth, but it was lost somehow by some energetic intervention!

Oh!, what a wonderful challenge to us all, will we be able to decipher it?, I so dearly hope so!

Only my opinion!

I think the God Theory is emotion vs intellect. Mark Twain said something like, 'God is what you believe in that you know ain't true."

The intellect is independent of what it observes, emotion is one with what it observes. This is the power of faith and belief, they become you. This is also the danger of faith and belief.

Love is a form of insanity in that it is not of the rational mind. A sane, healthy mind is a rational mind grounded in reality. Emotion uses the imagination to allow the unreal to appear real.

So, where is the balance between emotion and the intellect? Should not the intellect always remain aware of emotion and not allow emotion to dominate, to transform us into only what we imagine to be real?

I kind of agree with your main point, but i find love to be the ultimate expression of rationality, logic and sanity. It just seems to be irrational to us because we feel it, without intellectually comprehending its nature and purpose.

It is actually a learned and constructed emotion and understanding, the potential for which evolved in human beings to protect and strengthen us as a species.

Why do you consider love not to be a product of the rational mind? I am madly, crazily in love with my wife, who ensorcelled me with a spell over 40 years ago, but i understand the nature of my love and its function/purpose etc. To me loving my wife is the ONLY, or at least optimal , rational /logical response available to me, to maximise my life experience and potentials.

The intellect MUST learn to understand and be able to control al biological emotions and learn how to construct and shape all intellectual based emotions ie those we learn as children from others. BUT it can then chose which emotions to strengthen and use, and which to eliminate or lessen and not use.

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1

"god" is what weak-willed people invent to make themselves feel better about the pointlessness of our lives.

• Like 3

"god" is what weak-willed people invent to make themselves feel better about the pointlessness of our lives.

And does that belief construct, just expressed, work for you? :) Do you feel better and less pointless?

5d8741b6eec58f147215fda60146e7f6.jpg

the funny thing is how effective the imaginary friend can be in solving those real life problems, like ; anger management, abuse, alcoholism, absence of love. And that is just the first letter in the alphabet.
  • Like 1

There is no such thing as a theory of god. Theories are supported by evidence. There is no evidence for god.

There is theology. There is theosophy. There's christology. There may even be a god. But there is no evidence of a god.

There are theorems. Each discipline or belief system has a central theorem that expresses its core principle. If that theorem is demonstrably right, then the discipline/belief system is right. But if it is wrong, then the discipline/belief system is wrong.

Those who believe in gods have as their theorem: god(s) exist. You're talking about theorems, not theories.

Christians believe Jesus rose from the dead, thereby proving that he is/was god. That's a theorem. If true, Christianity is valid; if false, Christianity is a false belief system.

I'm not taking sides in the god debate here, but if we are going to hold a coherent discussion, let's use our terms correctly.

Doug

Edited by Doug1029

And does that belief construct, just expressed, work for you? :) Do you feel better and less pointless?

No. Our lives are meaningless. This is the reality of the situation, as dictated by the current body of evidence (or lack thereof) that is currently available to us. It's not an object of comfort any more than saying "the sky is blue" is an object of comfort. Inconvenient truths always trump beautiful lies.

• Like 1

I believe in a God, a supreme intelligent higher(highest) dimensional being, if you will.

No "evidence" just my belief.

• Like 2

No. Our lives are meaningless. This is the reality of the situation, as dictated by the current body of evidence (or lack thereof) that is currently available to us. It's not an object of comfort any more than saying "the sky is blue" is an object of comfort. Inconvenient truths always trump beautiful lies.

We all live by many beautiful lies that are subtly interwoven within our psychological minds. Some big beautiful lies and some small ones. The blue sky comforts me, is this a lie I tell myself?

I'm not sure anyone has ever lived exclusively with inconvenient truths. If one did, what would that person be like? I'm just asking.

We all live by many beautiful lies that are subtly interwoven within our psychological minds. Some big beautiful lies and some small ones. The blue sky comforts me, is this a lie I tell myself?

I'm not sure anyone has ever lived exclusively with inconvenient truths. If one did, what would that person be like? I'm just asking.

I think they'd be a vulcan. No emotion, just logic. If the blue sky comforts you, it being a lie is dependant on WHY it comforts you. If it comforts you because it means you're outside and you don't like being inside, then that's not a lie in any way. If it comforts you because you believe that the blue is from the feathers of some giant bird that encircles the world in its wings...well, that's definitely a lie, because we know it to be wrong.

• Like 1

I believe in a God, a supreme intelligent higher(highest) dimensional being, if you will.

No "evidence" just my belief.

And that is probably the most honest reply we're going to see on this thread. One can believe without evidence. Lots of people do. It's when we try to support our belief with phony "evidence" that we run into problems of integrity.

Doug

• Like 4

There is no such thing as a theory of god. Theories are supported by evidence. There is no evidence for god.

There is theology. There is theosophy. There's christology. There may even be a god. But there is no evidence of a god.

There are theorems. Each discipline or belief system has a central theorem that expresses its core principle. If that theorem is demonstrably right, then the discipline/belief system is right. But if it is wrong, then the discipline/belief system is wrong.

Those who believe in gods have as their theorem: god(s) exist. You're talking about theorems, not theories.

Christians believe Jesus rose from the dead, thereby proving that he is/was god. That's a theorem. If true, Christianity is valid; if false, Christianity is a false belief system.

I'm not taking sides in the god debate here, but if we are going to hold a coherent discussion, let's use our terms correctly.

Doug

Two things wrong here. A theory can be formulated before there is evidence for it via an hypothesis.

Second of course there is a LOT of evidence for the existence of god(s)

I cant comprehend how anyone studying the history of earth, or sociology, or anthropology or psychology can fail to see the evidences for the existence of at least several types of gods, including psychological archetypes and culturally constructed ones .

There is OF course a theory held by many that gods exist.And another tha tno such gods exist.

So far both have resisted providing conclusive results, by/from what has admittedly been fairly sporadic, and half hearted, scientific investigation and testing.

And that is probably the most honest reply we're going to see on this thread. One can believe without evidence. Lots of people do. It's when we try to support our belief with phony "evidence" that we run into problems of integrity.

Doug

i agree with your statement, but would add.

One doesn't support beliefs with evidence, one supports knowledge with evidences. You can only use evidences to support a claim of knowledge, not of belief, which stands alone, outside of factual ignorance or knowledge.

If a person supplies phoney evidences to support a knowledge claim then they are both a liar and a hypocrite (If they themselves know the evidences are "phoney")

• Like 1

I think they'd be a vulcan. No emotion, just logic. If the blue sky comforts you, it being a lie is dependant on WHY it comforts you. If it comforts you because it means you're outside and you don't like being inside, then that's not a lie in any way. If it comforts you because you believe that the blue is from the feathers of some giant bird that encircles the world in its wings...well, that's definitely a lie, because we know it to be wrong.

Vulcans evolved with the same emotions as humans, and still have the abilty to feel them, but as a survival mechanism they learned not to respond using emotional responses but rather intellectual logical and rational ones.

I really hope humans can learn the discipline required for this, as soon as possible. We probably wont survive if we do not.