Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The theory of God what is it?

Roy Perry

I've been raised to believe there is a God but I am not so sure if there is a God . I think we were created by some higher powder

I feel this higher power is with us everyday and this higher power is our creator and the creator of what is around us . This higher power gives us the feeling of love and being loved.

I'm not sure if I believe he walked this earth died on the cross . I get up everyday enjoy what is before me . The animals our trees the sun and moon

all the things that make our world beautiful . I will continue doing this throughout my life , I don't think just living the best I can will be bad for me .

if it works for me then why sit and fret about it make it a major problem in my life that it becomes something that keeps festering up causing me to be stress to the

point of me being miserable . We are our own enemy we can destroy a good thing by worrying about something that wasnt worth worrying about .

I often view the higher power myself. There are parts here, I don't view, but you do and good for you. I'm glad you shared it here though. :yes::)

As Doug1o29 and others have said, the theory of god is a construct of the mind, a construct of thought. There is also an emotional response to thoughts of god. In my view, in primitive humans or in primitive societies, these emotional responses to their environments were the origins of all intellectual theories of god or gods.

I think this is where spirituality and religion go wrong, when dogma supersedes this fundamental emotion that arises when we experience the mystery of existence.

I would consider a non-intellectual approach to this fundamental mystery we find ourselves within the essence of the religious mind. When we attempt to intellectualize these kinds of internal sensations into some authoritative doctrine we have lost the integrity of the original experience.

You know, sometimes I feel this is why I go for the straight spiritualism and turn away from the materialism of religion, because it's how that is looked and gets confused with the true experiences.

You got something against submitting to a higher powder?

tumblr_lgwvcqvEBY1qzd1oo.gif

Careful! Them law people don't like them kinds of 'contraband' around these here parts! :devil:;)
  • Like 4

As an aside, I think it is more productive to discuss and offer opinions on other's posts than to criticize the personalities who post here and elsewhere.

• Like 1

Well here is a different opinion since you asked.

318581_10150328626372024_41983932023_8478464_23654285_n1.jpg

Oh, I like!!!! :D :D
  • Like 2

You are quite welcome my dear.

(((HUGS)))

:wub:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I really don't know anymore but I feel there's more to this God than the theory spouted off by Steven Hawkins . .

I come from a catholic home who believes there's only one infinite perfect spirit creator of all things .

I sometimes have my doubts and have joined in with others saying there is no God . I don't want to think that way

I need to believe there's a God , a God I can turn to and believe there's a being that can love me for my imperfections and mistake's .

He is my creator my maker he knows my heart and will be with me in times I really need someone. I don't know where

the name God comes from I guess it's just a name man just gave so he would have a name. I don't care who make's light of what I am saying

and really I don't care but I have felt God in my life as well as in hard trying times I have experienced . God is love God is good , God is beauty , we see his creation

all around us and as for me one person I need to believe he exist .. I'd rather believe than one day find out I turned my back on my creator because I listened to people like Steven Hawkins.

I think I believe God exist more every time I hear someone cut God down or say he's not real because if there isn't a God why does it bother people so much ? Why can't people just shut up ?

How can anyone not believe in God look at the beauty around us, look at the animals , look at us . Steven Hawkins ask what was God doing before creation , maybe he was creating things we have no control

of seeing. Maybe there's other creations that we can't see because we are not advanced or intelligent enough to see . It would be incredible so mind blowing that there is more life and other worlds out there that

man can't see simple because if we can't believe in our maker why should he allow us to see everything he has created. Go for it laugh but I have my right's to free speech and I have my right's to what I believe in .

What get's me though the day is what's important to me not what some one says about me or what I believe in . Oorah !

I don't think God has to have a label the name God is just a name nothing more nothing less .

Just as the one member said earlier God is everything

Edited by Absinthe
  • Like 3

I really don't know anymore but I feel there's more to this God than the theory spouted off by Steven Hawkins . .

I come from a catholic home who believes there's only one infinite perfect spirit creator of all things .

I sometimes have my doubts and have joined in with others saying there is no God . I don't want to think that way

I need to believe there's a God , a God I can turn to and believe there's a being that can love me for my imperfections and mistake's .

He is my creator my maker he knows my heart and will be with me in times I really need someone. I don't know where

the name God comes from I guess it's just a name man just gave so he would have a name. I don't care who make's light of what I am saying

and really I don't care but I have felt God in my life as well as in hard trying times I have experienced . God is love God is good , God is beauty , we see his creation

all around us and as for me one person I need to believe he exist .. I'd rather believe than one day find out I turned my back on my creator because I listened to people like Steven Hawkins.

I think I believe God exist more every time I hear someone cut God down or say he's not real because if there isn't a God why does it bother people so much ? Why can't people just shut up ?

How can anyone not believe in God look at the beauty around us, look at the animals , look at us . Steven Hawkins ask what was God doing before creation , maybe he was creating things we have no control

of seeing. Maybe there's other creations that we can't see because we are not advanced or intelligent enough to see . It would be incredible so mind blowing that there is more life and other worlds out there that

man can't see simple because if we can't believe in our maker why should he allow us to see everything he has created. Go for it laugh but I have my right's to free speech and I have my right's to what I believe in .

What get's me though the day is what's important to me not what some one says about me or what I believe in . Oorah !

I don't think God has to have a label the name God is just a name nothing more nothing less .

this ...was nicely said Absinthe

• Like 1

IMHO, Love is God!

All our bodily systems are sacred, from the standpoint of synchronicity of every systems doing what they need do for the other systems to functioned properly.

We are conscious - sacred from the standpoint that we are aware of what make us going in life.

We are emotions - sacred from the standpoint that we may give love, give of ourselves for the benefit of others. And we may experience the negative part of life, not recommended.

We are creative - sacred from the standpoint that we are able to bring new things for the benefit of others.

We are love.

• Like 1

IMHO, Love is God!

All our bodily systems are sacred, from the standpoint of synchronicity of every systems doing what they need do for the other systems to functioned properly.

We are conscious - sacred from the standpoint that we are aware of what make us going in life.

We are emotions - sacred from the standpoint that we may give love, give of ourselves for the benefit of others. And we may experience the negative part of life, not recommended.

We are creative - sacred from the standpoint that we are able to bring new things for the benefit of others.

We are love.

Beautiful post, and with a very deep understanding of the nature of humanity .

• Like 1

IMHO, Love is God!

We are love.

"Love" is a human construct, though. Animals don't experience it, not in the way we have rationalized it. And, as we all know, we're just intelligent animals. What sets us apart, by your reckoning?

• Like 1

"Love" is a human construct, though. Animals don't experience it, not in the way we have rationalized it. And, as we all know, we're just intelligent animals. What sets us apart, by your reckoning?

IMHO, I'm not sure if love is a human construct or an inherent spiritual trait that we human have! And I'm not sure if animal don't experience some sort of love like happiness, fidelity, somehow, where do they get that? I would suggest that you are more than intelligent animal, no pun intended here!, but you are your limitation if you feel that way!

''Sets us apart'', I don't mean to set anything apart, I was only adding, what was humbly my understanding, of the ''Theory of God'', didn't try to mislead anyone.

Edited by Hyades

IMHO, I'm not sure if love is a human construct or an inherent spiritual trait that we human have! And I'm not sure if animal don't experience some sort of love like happiness, fidelity, somehow, where do they get that? I would suggest that you are more than intelligent animal, no pun intended here!, but you are your limitation if you feel that way!

''Sets us apart'', I don't mean to set anything apart, I was only adding, what was humbly my understanding, of the ''Theory of God'', didn't try to mislead anyone.

I don't consider it limiting to accept that I'm not any different from other animals. In fact, quite the opposite; that my life is as meaningless and fleeting as the silverfish I crushed this morning is a great comfort to me.

I suppose that is a difference between us.

• Like 2

Human love is not a feeling but, as podo explains, an intellectual and conscious construct of many other symbolic and abstract mental constructs, and value laden ideals. Yes there are some feelings associated with love but human love is far more than just a biological feeling. it is an intellectual experience and something we construct, build, and create in our minds Thus it can last for decades whereas feelings are fleeting and biological impulses even briefer. It is expressed via art, poetry, prose, music song flowers and almost any other creative process available to a human being. etc. . Other animals just CAN NOT experience love in the same way as a human can, (They don't have the complex mental linguistic abilty needed to construct the imagery abstract thoughts and symbolism required to know and expernce love,) and thus DO NOT . No animal you ever live with, can love you back in any way like how you can love it.

No animal you ever live with, can love you back in any way like how you can love it.

Some animals may love you back with even deeper and more intense love than you can love it.

• Like 7

Human love is not a feeling but, as podo explains, an intellectual and conscious construct of many other symbolic and abstract mental constructs, and value laden ideals. Yes there are some feelings associated with love but human love is far more than just a biological feeling. it is an intellectual experience and something we construct, build, and create in our minds Thus it can last for decades whereas feelings are fleeting and biological impulses even briefer. It is expressed via art, poetry, prose, music song flowers and almost any other creative process available to a human being. etc. . Other animals just CAN NOT experience love in the same way as a human can, (They don't have the complex mental linguistic abilty needed to construct the imagery abstract thoughts and symbolism required to know and expernce love,) and thus DO NOT . No animal you ever live with, can love you back in any way like how you can love it.

Here's a few links (research) on dog love.

https://www.rt.com/news/250485-dogs-love-humans-hormone/

http://barkpost.com/dogs-love-us-like-family/

http://www.bustle.com/articles/138786-dogs-love-their-owners-more-than-cats-do-but-that-probably-doesnt-surprise-you

http://www.smh.com.au/environment/animals/dogs-recognise-human-and-dog-emotions-research-shows-20160112-gm4mgy.html

• Like 5

i would beg to differ ... a dog or most animal have the ability to love unconditionally . Something i haven't seen much in human traits .

i think many animal owners can attest to that . is there a thread about this ? it would be great if there was or someone should open one .

Animals may appear primitive to some but i believe they are way smarter than us .

• Like 7

when i open the first link you provided ... i was happy to read this article but then you scroll down

and read the comments ... humans :no: what can i say more

• Like 2

I do feel for you and how you see God and your belief. I do see how you view it in your point of view ( matching mine ) but there is something, that not only you, but others voice this I don't get and cannot match the same kind of 'line of thinking'. And it's this

I think maybe Steven Hawkins made a good point. How can one link God to making all the beauty around us? I just think you are linking all the beauty around you to something you were taught was a creator. I grew up secular, so when I see all of the beauty around me, I see how it just so happened to be beautiful to me, and the possibility or coincidence of it looking beautiful to me and it got that way by natural happenstance (based on what I was taught of how nature works ) I look at everything, and I do see some patterns, and other things, but it's still more of a natural base to it, ( from what was found through scientific observation ) that readily explains it, more so than my personal experiences that hints of something else. I can personally come to a particular view that maybe there is something, because I see those patterns, but that is me and I only reflect what conclusions I come to partnered with the natural conclusions.

There is no proof on all the things around you that says God made them. I believe various Native Americans had their 'conclusions' of various beliefs that explains the creations of things in the past. And I think that is because of what they were taught at the time. How can you think of the the lack of considering God made the beauty around them, from Atheist raised individuals? That's all they know.

To sum it up, if it doesn't have a label under a leaf that says, 'Made by God', then it's understandable how each person and how they were brought to their understanding to not think so.

On the subject of dogs, animals, and love:

I often notice this love of dogs (and cats too ) with my own. Our Golden Retriever shows great amount of love to us. ( he certainly changed my thoughts on dogs. I have a better appreciation for them now than I did before ) and of course as a cat lover and owner to cats along the way, I have seen their personalities and their individual capabilities to express themselves. and boy do each of them do it.

I have never seen a dog do what I did with my dog from start of his puppyhood. I always place my forehead on his, and we both have a moment of affection. It now comes to the point upon greeting each other, he shows his forehead to me, and I place mine on his, and there is that mutual 'love' that goes on. I have a male cat right now, that always mushes his face into mine and others, that among the loud purring, seems to even seem passionate. :o

Yes, animals feel and show and express love just like humans. I have the awesome experience to prove it for me. :yes:

Edited by TheMustardLady
  • Like 5

i believe Animals are God's eyes ....and look how our species treat them

20150430-pets_2.jpg?w=700

• Like 6

My theory of god is, god created the universe out of childish spite. God must have had an unpleasant childhood and took this anger out on its (his/her's) creation. It is dangerous to have that much power, as we all know by looking around us. Hopefully, the other gods have used their power more wisely and have created universes more suitable to the welfare of intelligent life.

All the goodness in this universe we have had to create ourselves. Now that our god is 13.8 billion years older, perhaps this deity has matured and holds some regret for this mess we must struggle through. Too late to change anything though, I suppose.

• Like 1

I will look at them but this ground has been well covered before The very word love is human and all the symbolic understanding of what love means is from human level minds Thus we can experience love, and we can think that other animals do, but it is physically impossible for other animals to experience human type love, simply because they do not have the level of cognition required to know or understand that form of love . A very mentally disabled human child cannot love like a functioning human can, either, because such love requires a functioning human mind.

Dogs demonstrate many traits from their pack nature and form very strong bonds with humans. Humans see this as love but it isn't the love I feel for my dog or for another human .

Two points just to make it cler tha t we love animals very much. We have cared for animals all our lives and spend quite a bit of money supporting a couple of animal welfare groups to improve the lot of animals. All our animals are micro chipped, de-sexed and vaccinated, and taken from the RSPCA or as abandoned orphaned animals. . They are greatly loved by us and in return demonstrate the loyalty and affection one would expect. .

Second, BECAUSE humans are intellectually aware, we have a responsibility and duty, which other animals do not, to care for and protect our environment and not to be cruel or hurtful to other living things. This could range from the refusal to harm any living thing, through to (in our case) near or total vegetarianism, through to eating meat but insisting the animals are kept and killed humanely. The fact that other animals are not like human animals does not lessen our obligation to them.

EXCEPT in this. We owe a greater duty of care and protection to other humans than to animals, because other humans are also self aware and can intellectually understand grief, loss, death; and know what pain and suffering are caused by, and lead to.

So, if i was on a desert island with my pet dog and another human being, and had to eat one to survive, it would be my dog, even if the other human was a complete stranger to me, and i had known and loved my dog for a decade. If i could only save one from a burning house, I would save a human before another animal.

i would never, without exceptional reasons, separate a human mother or father from its child, so that they would never meet again, yet i would readily do so with a dog or a cat.

Just checking the first article, i agree with it. Other animals (and humans) have hormonal bonds of affection as pack animals. A dog sees its human companions as pack members and will generate hormones to reinforce this bonding. My original point explained that human level love is NOT merely a chemical or hormonal feeling, but an intellectually aware construct or belief.

The second article makes the same point as the first, and i reiterate this is NOT what human love is about. We do not love others just because they generate a hormonal response in us, or we would stop loving them when those hormones ceased.

The issue seems to be a confusion about the nature of human love Neither of the articles suggest that dogs experience human type love, but that they bond to us using smell and chemical responses which were evolved to allow dogs to find a place in a pack. The writers CALL this love, but that is anthropomorphising it.

The animals don't even have a choice about it. They can't consciously chose to not like/love us, because evolution forces them into a position. Humans on the other hand have a choice about how they respond to their biological impulses and hormonal drivers. Would you say you were really/truly "in love", if your biology compelled you to feel a certain way about someone?

Edited by Mr Walker

i would beg to differ ... a dog or most animal have the ability to love unconditionally . Something i haven't seen much in human traits .

i think many animal owners can attest to that . is there a thread about this ? it would be great if there was or someone should open one .

Animals may appear primitive to some but i believe they are way smarter than us .

if its unconditional it is not human level or type love. Humans are self aware and thus all their love is conditional. Other animals respond without complex self awareness and as they are evolved to do Thus they can give back affection even to an abusive owner.

I love our animals as only a human being can feel love, but i am not foolish enough to think that their minds can work like mine, and love me back as i love them. That is wishful thinking, and thinking of other animals as human beings because we perceive the world through our own mind. You might get a shock if you could perceive the world through a cats /dog's mind.