Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The theory of God what is it?

Roy Perry

My mind has not been "blown" at all. Everything I've seen that convincingly demonstrated the "other side", did not perturb me in the least. I'd have expected to be shocked. I was not. I don't discount the possibility your thoughts or mood can be adjusted from "beyond".

Good to know that your locked into your delusion. If you can adjust my attitude from beyond. I'd welcome that experience. I mean since your god's best buddy. a little request might make such 'magick' happen.

• Like 4

Good to know that your locked into your delusion. If you can adjust my attitude from beyond. I'd welcome that experience. I mean since your god's best buddy. a little request might make such 'magick' happen.

The fact you seem to think your attitude needs adjustment, is a hopeful sign. And no, I claim no "powers", or the ability to summon them.

The fact you seem to think your attitude needs adjustment, is a hopeful sign. And no, I claim no "powers", or the ability to summon them.

Then like so many other you're all talk. My attitudes fine. You should work on yours some.

• Like 1

Then like so many other you're all talk. My attitudes fine. You should work on yours some.

You said you'd welcome a change to your attitude !

You said you'd welcome a change to your attitude !

Do you think you are getting brownie points from "God" every time you conquer someone's will to "God"?

• Like 3

Do you think you are getting brownie points from "God" every time you conquer someone's will to "God"?

Um, er, um. Say again ?

What I see here is a lot of people who have had their outlook poisoned by childhood retail religion brainwashing, the challenge is to put it behind you, by recognizing the fools who were drumming this stuff into you were victims themselves.

What I see here is a lot of people who have had their outlook poisoned by childhood retail religion brainwashing, the challenge is to put it behind you, by recognizing the fools who were drumming this stuff into you were victims themselves.

And religion was the root cause of it.

66065764.jpg

• Like 3

66065764.jpg

Nope, it was people who don't understand what true religiosity is.

66065764.jpg

He doesn't understand, it really is the problem (the main), not the solution.

• Like 3

I would ask why the evidence of ghosts or gods are not openly available, and I'd ask how do you know/conclude this "evidence" doesn't reach those it isn't intended for? What are people not accepting of? Why would it be wise to leave this as an open question? Thank you for the clarity.

I really don't know. But it is a conclusion hard to avoid, when there are countless reports from people, of diverse experiences they could only interpret as not of any genre of "normal" experience, that they are not random events, are directed and for the consumption of that limited audience. Some would say, all fantasists, or liars, or hoax victims. What a cynical view of humanity. But it has to be one way or the other, to the uninitiated. Otherwise cameras would have "proof" for all to see. Is it possible "spooks" that create overt effects can evade phone cameras etc.? The initiated can only conclude, the answer is yes.

I really don't know. But it is a conclusion hard to avoid, when there are countless reports from people, of diverse experiences they could only interpret as not of any genre of "normal" experience, that they are not random events, are directed and for the consumption of that limited audience. Some would say, all fantasists, or liars, or hoax victims. What a cynical view of humanity. But it has to be one way or the other, to the uninitiated. Otherwise cameras would have "proof" for all to see. Is it possible "spooks" that create overt effects can evade phone cameras etc.? The initiated can only conclude, the answer is yes.

I hear ya, Habitat. Yet, we just don't know and it is tempting to argue based on ad populum.

So the best we can do is say this happened; but I don't know why.

My question is this: why is it so important to define the experience as God or after life, aliens, or spirits etc. etc.

As opposed to something that happens and focus, probe, think, share, discuss about how it changed one's life.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1

I hear ya, Habitat. Yet, we just don't know and it is tempting to argue based on ad populum.

So the best we can do is say this happened; but I don't know why.

My question is this why is it so important to define the experience as God or evidence of an after life?

As opposed to something that happened and focus on the how it changed ones life.

For me, that is the interesting part. The source is irrelevant and I would be fine with saying it was a hallucination our brains are not perfect.

I don't do hallucinations at this stage, what I am talking about is startlingly real.

• Like 1

I don't do hallucinations at this stage, what I am talking about is startlingly real.

For me, the interesting part is the take away, the growth, the value of the experience. For me, the source is irrelevant because I don't know, I don't have a way to know and I would be fine with saying it was a hallucination my brain is not perfect.

Why do people need/ want it to be God/real so much they get upset about that? Genuine question.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 3

For me, the interesting part is the take away, the growth, the value of the experience. For me, the source is irrelevant because I don't know, I don't have a way to know and I would be fine with saying it was a hallucination my brain is not perfect.

Why do people need/ want it to be God/real so much they get upset about that? Genuine question.

If they are getting upset, I would not consider them a true initiate.

If they are getting upset, I would not consider them a true initiate.

Okay, why do you think it is a cynical outlook to have a different conclusion?

What is a true initiate?

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 3

Okay, why do you think it is a cynical outlook to have a different conclusion?

What is a true initiate?

It is cynical to believe that all claimants are liars. A true initiate is someone who has first hand experience that can't be rationalized away. And believe me, I was a good rationalizer, thinking of all kinds of possible explanations for certain happenings. In the end, it was swamped by numbers, though any particular incident might still possess the faintest possibility of being a freak, but natural happening.

• Like 1

It is cynical to believe that all claimants are liars. A true initiate is someone who has first hand experience that can't be rationalized away. And believe me, I was a good rationalizer, thinking of all kinds of possible explanations for certain happenings. In the end, it was swamped by numbers, though any particular incident might still possess the faintest possibility of being a freak, but natural happening.

I don't think all claimants are liars.

I listened to your experience about your Mom.

I believed you went through something, but the details of it or if it really happened we can't know, we just don't know enough.

Did it affect you profoundly, yes, yes it did. Was it life altering for you, yes ( how I don't have the details, but I can appreciate the love you had for your mom) and that is what I connect to.

Are you good with this?

I told you my mom dieing story and I thought I saw my mom on one side of me ( she was In a hospital dieing in another state) and my dead grandma on the other side of me. Both talking to me. I thought I saw Angel wings on each apparition/ hallucination. I was deeply anguished as I had just got a call from my dad that my mom had hours to live and I needed to get there and I didn't think I could face her death.

I think it was a stress hallucination. I actually do.

I told everyone I know this story and I told them I hallucinated and every friend and family member had their own idea, their own interpretation, many said they thought it was God, some said it was my grandmas spirit, my moms spirit getting ready to leave. I heard a lot of interesting interpretations, some of my friends got teary eyed and emotional. My dad said thank you for sharing and cried. The point is it didn't matter who thought what, because each person I told connected in their way and shared with me in my moment of profound grief and it was a beautiful thing. Not one word was devoted to convincing anyone of anything, on my part and I honoured each interpretation too and am better for it. I connected deeply with my friends and family and I will treasure this for the rest of my days as it united us in empathy and compassion.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 2

I don't think all claimants are liars.

I listened to your experience about your Mom.

I believed you went through something, but the details of it or if it really happened we can't know, we just don't know enough.

Did it affect you profoundly, yes, yes it did. Was it life altering for you, yes ( how I don't have the details, but I can appreciate the love you had for your mom) and that is what I connect to.

Are you good with this?

I told you my mom dieing story and I thought I saw my mom on one side of me ( she was In a hospital dieing in another state) and my dead grandma on the other side of me. Both talking to me. I thought I saw Angel wings on each apparition/ hallucination. I was deeply anguished as I had just got a call from my dad that my mom had hours to live and I needed to get there and I didn't think I could face her death.

I think it was a stress hallucination. I actually do.

I told everyone I know this story and I told them I hallucinated and every friend and family member had their own version, their own idea, many said they thought it was God, some said it was my grandmas spirit, my moms spirit getting ready to leave. I heard a lot of interesting interpretations, some of my friends got teary eyed and emotional. The point is it didn't matter who thought what, because each person I told connected in their way and shared with me in my moment and it was a beautiful thing. Not one word was devoted to convincing anyone of anything, and I honoured each interpretation and was better for it. I connected deeply with my friends and family and I will treasure this for the rest of my days.

I'm not wanting or expecting anyone to believing anything personal to me, but equally, instant expressions of disbelief, tells me those people are not too bright.

I'm not wanting or expecting anyone to believing anything personal to me, but equally, instant exp<b></b>ressions of disbelief, tells me those people are not too bright.

I took that position with my experience (I am an atheist ) all my friends and family had divine explanations except for me.

My Religious friends are my rocks, without them I would not be who I am. I get to grow as a person and it is fun. We don't waste time on trying to be right.

And, for me, I didn't want to ruin the moment by arguing with them insisting I was right and they were wrong. I embraced the experience and shared it and let it ( the experience ) define the moment and it did, for me, it was unifying and I can honesty say I get what it feels like to be immersed in human compassion and empathy. This is just one of my take aways, it was a deep experience on many levels. It was Incredibly healing, I discovered things in myself I didn't know I was capable of. ( and I don't mean superpowers). Personal qualities that any human possesses. For me, I think if I was caught up in the WTF is happening and tripping on trying to define it, I would have missed the value it has had on my life in real time.

It just doesn't matter if it was real, cuz it's only about me, the only question is did it help me, and the answer from me is yes. IMHO

I don't think a single one of them ( my friends) were stupid for thinking it was God or Angels, or spirits, souls etc. etc. by the way.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 2

Here's a spooky story for you, I do hope it doesn't have the message I interpreted from it, but anyhow, I was sitting here and the TV was on, with a doco about the Hiroshima bomb....I wasn't paying much attention to it, but when the story turned to an interview with the plane's pilot Paul Tibbets, he started talking about the bombing run, and how the plane had to execute a manoeuvre immediately after releasing the bomb, to be as far away from the detonation point as possible, he then spoke of how after the expected time till the arrival of the blast wave, the B-29 began to shake violently, as if a giant had grabbed hold of it and shook it, or some similar comparison.....Well, the very second he mentioned the shaking, this entire house began to shake violently, plates and windows rattled, I felt it was so strong that if I stood up, I'd probably fall over, it continued I'd estimate for 15 seconds, while Tibbets continued to talk on screen. The second the program moved on from Tibbets speaking, it stopped shaking instantly. The episode started and ended without a gradual increase, or fade-out, it was of similar intensity throughout. My immediate reaction was that there had been a major earthquake, or this was yet another manifestation from beyond.....with the implied warning that this fate (nuke) was in store for this house, perhaps. I have to tell you there was no earthquake, otherwise it would have been a major news story. I have felt earth tremors in this house, nothing nearly as dramatic as this, and that did make the news.

Edited by Habitat
  • Like 1

*slaps forward* Of course!!! I should have remembered. I'm a bad bad bad Trekkie! :o:alien:

I should have remembered the TNG episode, and was quite satisfied when they went back and showed a fellow up to those two hapless Ferengi's in the Voyager episode. So, I was half right, eventually. ;):w00t:

:tu: Ferengi Gods - told you relgion was bad!! LOL.

What post is that?

The one about what is bad relgion or people, where the heck did that go?

Well, if this wasn't considered a clear question, I don't know what is. Good question. :tu:

I agree, simply put for an easy answer. What we have all been asking in a roundabout way I guess.

Read the comment carefully, and the post it was responding to.

What, are you denying me?

• Like 2

Here's a spooky story for you, I do hope it doesn't have the message I interpreted from it, but anyhow, I was sitting here and the TV was on, with a doco about the Hiroshima bomb....I wasn't paying much attention to it, but when the story turned to an interview with the plane's pilot Paul Tibbets, he started talking about the bombing run, and how the plane had to execute a manoeuvre immediately after releasing the bomb, to be as far away from the detonation point as possible, he then spoke of how after the expected time till the arrival of the blast wave, the B-29 began to shake violently, as if a giant had grabbed hold of it and shook it, or some similar comparison.....Well, the very second he mentioned the shaking, this entire house began to shake violently, plates and windows rattled, I felt it was so strong that if I stood up, I'd probably fall over, it continued I'd estimate for 15 seconds, while Tibbets continued to talk on screen. The second the program moved on from Tibbets speaking, it stopped shaking instantly. The episode started and ended without a gradual increase, or fade-out, it was of similar intensity throughout. My immediate reaction was that there had been a major earthquake, or this was yet another manifestation from beyond.....with the implied warning that this fate (nuke) was in store for this house, perhaps. I have to tell you there was no earthquake, otherwise it would have been a major news story. I have felt earth tremors in this house, nothing nearly as dramatic as this, and that did make the news.

I immediately thought earthquake to.

Interesting timing, lol

Where do you live?

• Like 2

I immediately thought earthquake to.

Interesting timing, lol

Where do you live?

Brisbane