Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Roy Perry

some of you make the Claim there is no God

193 posts in this topic

Sherapy

Well, gee, I have my Baal evidence. cliff_simon_01.jpg

Just kidding. Don't know much about Baal except from what Stargate: SG1 had fun doing with his character. But you know, you can say that about anything or anyone. In fact, how long will it take for Elvis Presley, Micheal Jackson, Tupac Shakur, or others that seem to have sightings these days, but died?

I second that !!! That is evidence enough for me. :)

• Like 2

Mr Walker

There is only a finite number of building blocks in the observable universe, absolutely. What exists beyond that cannot be scientifically quantified given that the light beyond the observable universe physically cannot reach us, so there very well could exist an infinite amount of matter in the universe as a whole. Such endeavours are left to philosophy to contemplate at this point, however.

And yet scientists and mathematicians build models and construct hypotheses based on the known knowns and known unknowns. I have more faith in science/maths than philosphy (a lot more) I cant actually see how philosophy can add anything of practical value to our knowledge /understanding about the universe, or reality. In real life we have to build on what we know IS, not on what might or might not be .

Mr Walker

55818367.jpg

I've got sherapy on ignore so i don't see her posts in general. But actually she got it wrong again. I did not Google ANY sonnets in any of my posts, although i checked the lines from Hamlet's soliloquy to remind me of the context for them.

I explained that I have, for many years, taught Shakespeare at pre university level for students aged about 17/18, seeking entrance to university, and that these students gained above average grades in the state exams on which university entrance is based. So she has either not listened to that information, or she maintains I am lying.

I am not an expert on his sonnets but as a teacher, i am familiar with them thier place i his overall writings, and with the origins of Shakespeare's works, his own biography, and his world view. . Again your personal prejudices mean you get the facts completey wrong. You shouldn't be so quick to jump on sherapys wagon because the wheels are almost falling off.

Mr Walker

What kind of idiot would bother arguing against something that doesn't exist?

Is that meant to be tongue in cheek/sarcasm because apparently us older folks no longer are so good at recognising non literal commentary. Seriously. :) To take your comment at face value, why then would any atheist ever bother arguing against the existence of "god" which they don't think exist .

The point is rather that it is hard for atheists to find zeus worshipers to argue WITH. Most people feel most threatened by the gods (and by other people's belief in those gods which exist in their cultural milleu.

Thus few modern humans feel threatened by the spirits of the woods, animals fire earth or water, any more, even those these were once considered the most dangerous threat to human existence of any, and no one did anything at all to upset them, and made sacrifices to propitiate them., However you can still see the "topping out ceremony" where a tree is attached to the top most part of a new house to protect it from such gods.

back to earth

I've got sherapy on ignore so i don't see her posts in general. ...... (blah blah )

<snip> ...

On ignore or off ignore

that is the question

If you dont watch out Walker , I will put you on ignore (then keep looking at your posts ).

:su

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 5

Mr Walker

On ignore or off ignore

that is the question

If you dont watch out Walker , I will put you on ignore (then keep looking at your posts ).

Vee hav vays of making you read.

Podo

All the old gods are now devils according the christian theology. Can't have savior without villains.

http://www.ancient.eu/religion/

Christianity is like the DC New 52 reboot. They just took everything that came before, branded it either non-canon or made all the old heroes into villains, and then introduced their own newer, less interesting heroes.

• Like 4

XenoFish

Get off that corncob your sittin' on and lighten up.

I assure you that I'm not taking this as serious as some people. I felt the need to point something out so I did. I don't care what God Team people play on, so long as they don't act like a holes.

On ignore or off ignore

that is the question

I recommend ignore.

It makes reading a tread so much easier and you can focus on the important people in it.

• Like 2

back to earth

Vee hav vays of making you read.

No ... you and your hypothetical 'we' are not the cause of making people read your posts ..... another ' walker fail ' .

In actual fact .... it appears to be the exact opposite. It is you that cause people not to read your own posts !

And, just to point out ..... it is you that makes yourself read post of people you have on ignore ..... people here dont put you on ignore then keep reading what you write.

Although I do realise it is near impossible for you to make that mental and emotional leap - to conceive that the weird things you do are not actually what other people are doing . . . . that is what you do ..... psychological projection. Trying to give yourself some type of psychological validity.

Again , you will deny this, in your subjective self-surety ..... but its blazingly obvious to others

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 2

back to earth

I recommend ignore.

It makes reading a tread so much easier and you can focus on the important people in it.

Not my postulations ...

It was a pun .... Walker said he had Sherapy on ignore , but read her posts .... the he said he was a Shakespeare expert .

• Like 5

XenoFish

Not my postulations ...

It was a pun .... Walker said he had Sherapy on ignore , but read her posts .... the he said he was a Shakespeare expert .

My bad. I still think all of us should put him on ignore. I enjoy missing so much........

tumblr_mjzstjUGat1qlu8two4_250.gif

• Like 3

back to earth

I have always been fascinated by the grotesque < shrug >

6975142_orig.gif

• Like 4

Mr Walker

No ... you and your hypothetical 'we' are not the cause of making people read your posts ..... another ' walker fail ' .

In actual fact .... it appears to be the exact opposite. It is you that cause people not to read your own posts !

And, just to point out ..... it is you that makes yourself read post of people you have on ignore ..... people here dont put you on ignore then keep reading what you write.

Although I do realise it is near impossible for you to make that mental and emotional leap - to conceive that the weird things you do are not actually what other people are doing . . . . that is what you do ..... psychological projection. Trying to give yourself some type of psychological validity.

Again , you will deny this, in your subjective self-surety ..... but its blazingly obvious to others

Ah! then WHY are you still responding?

Unfortunately if you don't check posts by those you have on ignore, they can write rubbish, lies and libellous things about you which other posters will see without any correction from yourself. Sherapy doesn't seem to do that any more, so i have stopped checking her posts

You on the other hand? Not so much.

Also you can still see quotes/comments form my posts on other posters posts And so for example i see the crap you posted below I DENIED being an EXPERT on Shakespeare, but pointed out that as a teacher who has to teach it well enough for kids to pass university entrance exams i am FAMILIAR with his life, world views, and works

I cannot cause any other human being to do anything That is their choice and I respect it. I do take responsibility for my own actions . No other human can cause me to do anything I do not already want to do, for my own reasons . Pd if you didn't get the humour and reference in my misquote, think of it like me trying to comprehend one of your silly picture posts.

Edited by Mr Walker

back to earth

Ah! then WHY are you still responding?

Well, I know this will be hard for you to comprehend Walker ... but, you see, I actually have my own reasons for the things I do .

Again , I point out , it has nothing to do with your ( or your fantasy 'we' ) 'ways' . You are not following the conversation again, I said this in the post that led to the one you are responding to .

It must be really weird talking to you in person ! One would have to keep going back and reminding you what was said that you thought you were responding to .

Unfortunately if you don't check posts by those you have on ignore,

Its got nothing to do with me as I have no one ignore ... so , if it is at all possible for you to do , speak for yourself and dont write about what you think you should be doing in terms of what I am supposedly doing .

Unless it is that grammar problem you are having again ... that you deny.

So what is it ! Grammar or psychological projection ?

they can write rubbish, lies and libellous things about you which other posters will see without any correction from yourself. Sherapy doesn't seem to do that any more, so i have stopped checking her posts

But if you have stopped checking them, how do you know she isnt ? And if she was on ignore, how did you know she did .

Stepped in it with both feet again Walker ... anyone can see what you write is rubbish ... even newcomers .... I bet they get a laugh from you !

And it isnt working like you imagine .... you think if someone quotes you, then others get to read what you wrote

... but you forgot about selective quoting a portion of a post :su

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 5

Mr Walker

Well, I know this will be hard for you to comprehend Walker ... but, you see, I actually have my own reasons for the things I do .

Again , I point out , it has nothing to do with your ( or your fantasy 'we' ) 'ways' . You are not following the conversation again, I said this in the post that led to the one you are responding to .

It must be really weird talking to you in person ! One would have to keep going back and reminding you what was said that you thought you were responding to .

Its got nothing to do with me as I have no one ignore ... so , if it is at all possible for you to do , speak for yourself and dont write about what you think you should be doing in terms of what I am supposedly doing .

Unless it is that grammar problem you are having again ... that you deny.

So what is it ! Grammar or psychological projection ?

But if you have stopped checking them, how do you know she isnt ? And if she was on ignore, how did you know she did .

Stepped in it with both feet again Walker ... anyone can see what you write is rubbish ... even newcomers .... I bet they get a laugh from you !

And it isnt working like you imagine .... you think if someone quotes you, then others get to read what you wrote

... but you forgot about selective quoting a portion of a post :su

Again you don't comprehend what I write I was speaking of anyone, including myself, when i said "you cant see what others write about you if you have them on ignore"

I explained how i noticed sherapy stopped writing personal comments and thus i stopped checking. (They would also occasionally appear as quotes in other peoples posts if the y existed.)

Without meaning to be be offensive I have never encountered anyone who has as much trouble following my conversations as you do. That might simply be a difference in thinking style. The word you can be used grammatically in a neutral sense (as one might use one.) . I often use it that way and sometimes deliberately make that clear.

"You cant understand English unless you can speak it" doesn't refer to a singular person ie you personally, but every person who reads the statement.

I suspect you might have had a limited formal education and have some legitimate difficulties with more sophisticated skills such as extrapolation and analysis of writing or contextual understanding, . That is no excuse, however, to use personal attacks rather than critical/analytical replies to a post content. If you really can't understand something i am happy to go over it again, but if oyu communicate in pictures don't expect me to try to interpret YOUR contextual understanding of what the picture means. Mine will be entirely different, if indeed, it has any meaning to me at all.

back to earth

Again you don't comprehend what I write I was speaking of anyone, including myself, when i said "you cant see what others write about you if you have them on ignore"

Nope , it is a clear case of you responding to me with a 'you need to ' . If you want to talk about yourself say ' I need to' . If you are addressing anyone ... one can write ( see what I did there ? ) ' One needs to' .

Its a psychological projection and common in language. Your meaning was clearly "If I (meaning you ) dont check on ignored people ... "

It is most commonly used when one seeks some type of justification or assurance by suggesting their actions and decisions apply to others.

Actually, it is so embedded in language, many people never notice it, even when it is pointed out to them.

Like I said , you saying to me " If you dont check on ignored people .... " clearly refers to me, not you.

The word you can be used grammatically in a neutral sense (as one might use one.) . I often use it that way and sometimes deliberately make that clear.

Then, if you want it to make it clear when you mean one and not I or you say one then .... simple !

I suspect you might have had a limited formal education and have some legitimate difficulties with more sophisticated skills such as extrapolation and analysis of writing or contextual understanding, .

One might suspect that .

Mr Walker

Nope , it is a clear case of you responding to me with a 'you need to ' . If you want to talk about yourself say ' I need to' . If you are addressing anyone ... one can write ( see what I did there ? ) ' One needs to' .

Its a psychological projection and common in language. Your meaning was clearly "If I (meaning you ) dont check on ignored people ... "

It is most commonly used when one seeks some type of justification or assurance by suggesting their actions and decisions apply to others.

Actually, it is so embedded in language, many people never notice it, even when it is pointed out to them.

Like I said , you saying to me " If you dont check on ignored people .... " clearly refers to me, not you.

Then, if you want it to make it clear when you mean one and not I or you say one then .... simple !

One might suspect that .

No i Meant the general you and no i should NOT have to explain that. every time when it is perfectly clear from the context of the sentence. As i said I DO explain it where a person might think i was having a go at them personally but it should have been perfectly obvious in this case. If you REALLY couldn't see that then i apologise for not being clearer for you , but don't assume i meant YOU personally . .

For example

Iposted this

Unfortunately if you don't check posts by those you have on ignore, they can write rubbish, lies and libellous things about you which other posters will see without any correction from yourself. Sherapy doesn't seem to do that any more, so i have stopped checking her posts

Absolutely clear i am speaking about my self or anyone. and not YOU

You on the other hand? Not so much.

Also you can still see quotes/comments form my posts on other posters posts

​Again this is clearly a general you as anyone including myself can see the quotes. and i was explaining how I can know what sherapy is writing without checking her posts if others quote her.

Edited by Mr Walker

back to earth

Ha ! Your example perfectly demonstrated what I claimed !

You're a funny fellow !