Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A literal answer from GOD

Nagel_ovel

I was listening to music and thinking about God so I posted on my social media " I wonder what God's faith is." And God answered me!!! When I mentally tuned into the music that was playing, the song "I Won't Give Up" by Jason Mraz was playing!! God LITERALLY answered me in song! Please listen to the song before u comment!

• Like 2

Who is Jason Mraz? Lol.

• Like 1

God, ironically enough, is an Atheist.

Oh i don't know. He believes and has faith in us. In genesis he reportedly says that, given enough knowledge, ( in genesis acquired through a gradual accumulation through immortality, but also possible via accumulated and stored knowledge as we have today) humans would BE gods. :wub:
  • Like 2

Oh i don't know. He believes and has faith in us. In genesis he reportedly says that, given enough knowledge, ( in genesis acquired through a gradual accumulation through immortality, but also possible via accumulated and stored knowledge as we have today) humans would BE gods. :wub:

It strikes me that Genesis is not some obscure, third-century text that exists only in a few libraries. You could probably look that up in any number of off- and on-line sources and not have to pass on vague, second-hand Biblical references.

--Jaylemurph

God used to answer me in song all the time in the 60's. Try what I did - Give up the smoke.

• Like 6

God used to answer me in song all the time in the 60's. Try what I did - Give up the smoke.

I don't do drugs...

• Like 1

Ummmmm .... I am pretty sure that was someone else talking to God / GF / ....

he even says "God knows I am .... " . If that was God, it would be saying " You know I am . "

But still, many times I have been inspired, lifted up, seen much relevance to my life and processes - by song lyrics , which one can identify with current life process .

I mean ... that's what a great and successful song is all about !

• Like 5

and on your other thread you say you are on the aliens radar? So, you believe in God, or aliens?

It strikes me that Genesis is not some obscure, third-century text that exists only in a few libraries. You could probably look that up in any number of off- and on-line sources and not have to pass on vague, second-hand Biblical references.

--Jaylemurph

It strikes me that the source of such vague, second-hand Biblical references could be taken two ways .....; " . In genesis he reportedly says that, ... "

It is Walker doing the 'reporting' to us

It is someone else who Walker is listening to that reported it to him. -- now twice removed.

Now ... to put vague and reportedly together .... it seems we have a God, that is not really an atheist , because he believes in people, who are not Gods yet ... but might be in the future , via stored knowledge, like we have today ( IT I assume ? ) ..... because ? ....

....... Genesis

:su

.... and people say the conept of a basset God is strange !!! :cry:

• Like 1

massai schizophrenia

• Like 1

Just a note for folks that don't know this.... Jason's song is a love ode to his exfiancee, Tristan Pettyman.

Well, you know what they say .... take a love song ... remove all the 'baby' words and replace them with 'Jesus' ( or Lord, etc ) and you get 'Christian Rock ' .

" My sweet baby

Hm, my baby

Hm, my baby

I really want to know you

Really want to go with you

Really want to show you Baby

That it won't take long, my Baby ... "

.... try this then ;

s-l300.jpg

" Oppps ! .... :unsure2:

Hmmmmm .....

george-harrison_001.jpg

I could turn it into some type of devotional song I suppose ? "

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 2

And if you had been listening to this?

Such a great album.

Genius ! Great lyrics ... and the time sigs ! ? :w00t:

- for those unfamiliar ... this is no mere 'heavy metal band '

"Schism" is a song by American rock band Tool. It was the first single and music video from their third full-length album, Lateralus. In 2002, Tool won the Grammy Award for Best Metal Performance for the song. ... "Schism" is renowned for its use of uncommon time signatures and the frequency of its meter changes. In one analysis of the song, the song alters meter 47 times.[4] The song begins with two bars of 5/4, followed by one bar of 2/4, followed by bars of alternating 5/8 and 7/8, until the first interlude, which consists of alternating bars of 6/8 and 7/8.

The following verse exhibits a similar pattern to the first, alternating bars of 5/8 and 7/8. The next section is bars of 6/4 followed by one bar of 11/8. This takes the song back into alternating 5/8 and 7/8. Another 6/8 and 7/8 section follows, and after this the song goes into repeating 7/8 bars.

The middle section is subsequently introduced, consisting of three bars of 6/8, one bar of 3/8, and one bar of 3/4 repeating several times. At one point it interrupts with two bars of 6/8 followed by a bar of 4/8, twice. A single bar of 4/8 is played before the meter switches back to a set of 6/8 for two bars and 2/4 for one bar. This repeats, setting up another section: two bars of 9/8 followed by a bar of 10/8, that pattern again, and then a single bar of 9/8 followed by a bar of 6/8 and then a bar of 7/8. Next is a set of two bars of 6/8 followed by a bar of 2/8 repeated four times then a single bar of 6/8. The outro has alternating bars of 5/8 and 7/8, ending with alternating 6/8, 2/8 that one could interpret as pulsing with a 4/4 feel.

The band has referred to the time signature as 6.5/8.[5] Although many composers would use 13/16 instead, 6.5/8 is still a valid fractional time signature

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schism_(song)

( he he ... sorry, I am a drummer, and I have come fresh from a party last night with drummers from Ghana, Brazil, ... some Samba and my Afro / Mid eastern style ja,,im together :) ..... BTE sambas off into the distance .....

rio.gif

• Like 2

Genius ! Great lyrics ... and the time sigs ! ? :w00t:

- for those unfamiliar ... this is no mere 'heavy metal band '

"Schism" is a song by American rock band Tool. It was the first single and music video from their third full-length album, Lateralus. In 2002, Tool won the Grammy Award for Best Metal Performance for the song. ... "Schism" is renowned for its use of uncommon time signatures and the frequency of its meter changes. In one analysis of the song, the song alters meter 47 times.[4] The song begins with two bars of 5/4, followed by one bar of 2/4, followed by bars of alternating 5/8 and 7/8, until the first interlude, which consists of alternating bars of 6/8 and 7/8.

The following verse exhibits a similar pattern to the first, alternating bars of 5/8 and 7/8. The next section is bars of 6/4 followed by one bar of 11/8. This takes the song back into alternating 5/8 and 7/8. Another 6/8 and 7/8 section follows, and after this the song goes into repeating 7/8 bars.

The middle section is subsequently introduced, consisting of three bars of 6/8, one bar of 3/8, and one bar of 3/4 repeating several times. At one point it interrupts with two bars of 6/8 followed by a bar of 4/8, twice. A single bar of 4/8 is played before the meter switches back to a set of 6/8 for two bars and 2/4 for one bar. This repeats, setting up another section: two bars of 9/8 followed by a bar of 10/8, that pattern again, and then a single bar of 9/8 followed by a bar of 6/8 and then a bar of 7/8. Next is a set of two bars of 6/8 followed by a bar of 2/8 repeated four times then a single bar of 6/8. The outro has alternating bars of 5/8 and 7/8, ending with alternating 6/8, 2/8 that one could interpret as pulsing with a 4/4 feel.

The band has referred to the time signature as 6.5/8.[5] Although many composers would use 13/16 instead, 6.5/8 is still a valid fractional time signature

https://en.wikipedia...ki/Schism_(song)

( he he ... sorry, I am a drummer, and I have come fresh from a party last night with drummers from Ghana, Brazil, ... some Samba and my Afro / Mid eastern style ja,,im together :) ..... BTE sambas off into the distance .....

rio.gif

I'm a guitarist. I love playing their stuff. Adam might not be the most technical player, but he has a way about him when he plays.

Schism is great, but Lateralus has to be my favorite to play off that album. I'll play anything off opiate or aenima, though. All those songs are just fun to play.

• Like 3

Ahhh ... this reminds me of Sam ... he is a nice young fellah !

... and we are still on topic folks ! 'cause ;

Tool is God

tumblr_mmyn7y39v51sphjtko1_400.gif

• Like 4

Ahhh ... this reminds me of Sam ... he is a nice young fellah !

... and we are still on topic folks ! 'cause ;

Tool is God

tumblr_mmyn7y39v51sphjtko1_400.gif

Great... now i'm gonna have to watch this video over and over and follow along until i can do that...

Thanks for ruining my night, mam. :o i think he's using an open d tuning. Gonna have to retune.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 1