Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A literal answer from GOD

Nagel_ovel

Nagel_ovel:

I was listening to music and thinking about God so I posted on my social media " I wonder what God's faith is." And God answered me!!! When I mentally tuned into the music that was playing, the song "I Won't Give Up" by Jason Mraz was playing!! God LITERALLY answered me in song! Please listen to the song before u comment!
I can see how you would interpret that as God's answer to you. But, if it was literal, than you be like Moses or Noah, who actually heard God's voice speaking to them, right?

If I was going to go for interpreted answers, for example from songs and their timing, then I would start with Bertie Higgins, and get a boost from his song, 'Key Largo'. ;)

Well, I believe my faith within is strong, because of things, situations, and experiences, that are interpreted by me as 'answers'.

I myself, sees it as answers for my belief, but I know it wouldn't be for others, if they don't see the connection.

I guess, one can ask the question, has anyone in the more recent times, had that God's voice, speak to them literally.

back to earth:

Ummmmm .... I am pretty sure that was someone else talking to God / GF / ....

he even says "God knows I am .... " . If that was God, it would be saying " You know I am . "

But still, many times I have been inspired, lifted up, seen much relevance to my life and processes - by song lyrics , which one can identify with current life process .

I mean ... that's what a great and successful song is all about !

Yeah, me. I would up in the air still about one particular song, that seems to be anchor, or my 'guiding light' so to speak, or in pun intended. ;D ;)

Little River Band's song 'Guiding Light' played, I saw myself in the song, and I took the lyrics as an optimistic look of hope, and I have been able to hang on ever song. I have LRB's album, 'Time Exposer', in which 'Guiding Light' is on, in both vinyl and in CD. (funny enough unlike some songs on that album, 'Guiding Light' was never released. I got the album as a gift, because the group was Australian, and someone thought I have a thing for all Australian groups. (Actually I was just stuck on "Men At Work"

But, I appreciate LRB ever since.

As something speaking to me, because of that song, as a spiritual experience, I'm not so sure. Just a matter of coincidence.

• Like 1

Think yourself lucky you weren't listening to AC/DC "Highway to hell"

• Like 8

Well, poo poo on the negative comments. I think it's awesome when we get a little "hello" from The Big Guy. I get them too but I don't always share my experiences. They are just for me.

• Like 2

Well, poo poo on the negative comments. I think it's awesome when we get a little "hello" from The Big Guy. I get them too but I don't always share my experiences. They are just for me.

Why do you think he feels the need to say hello to you?

• Like 2

This was playing as I read the posts :

~

~

If anything I see this as evidence that god does have a sense of humor and impeccable timing ~

`

• Like 2

Think yourself lucky you weren't listening to AC/DC "Highway to hell"

I allways feel good when I listen to "highway to hell". I guess I am just an evil person. :innocent:

• Like 2

It strikes me that Genesis is not some obscure, third-century text that exists only in a few libraries. You could probably look that up in any number of off- and on-line sources and not have to pass on vague, second-hand Biblical references.

--Jaylemurph

Oh i could have done that, either from the internet or from one of a dozen bibles in the house. I know the verse well. But that was not my point It was a general comment about gods relationship with humans, and how he sees us.

Why do you NEED the specific reference? I don't normally go around spouting biblical verses, but that one intrigues me.

i see the bible as written by humans. That means that some writer many thousands of years ago realised that humanity's self awareness and abilty to learn, made us potential gods even then, and that the only thing at that time preventing a man from becoming a god was his mortality

Today this idea is even more true. Humans increasingly have all the powers and abilities of the biblical god and it is becoming clearer al the time that what we once saw as miracles are really only the application of advanced technologies. Short of terra-forming the universe, i would estimate that, within another century, or two at the most, human technology will be able to replicate EVERY miracle of god mentioned in the bible, including raising the dead

its genesis 3 :22 by the way

And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

In order to prevent mankind becoming a god, god sent them out of the garden and away from the tree of life so that they would not have immortality now that they had knowledge. He put an angel on the entrance ot the garden specifically to bar them from the tree of life

​Some smart human 4000 or so years ago created a brilliant allegory showing an understanding of the essential dichotomy between material knowledge (such as that needed for farming for example) and the spiritual attachment to the earth (god) which was essential to hunters and gatherers. They could SEE, that as humans developed the first basic technologies, they were moving away form their spiritual attachment to life and the earth. /god.

it was the first step in the slow division/separation of man from god, as we came slowly to rely on our own knowledge skills technologies etc and not on our connection to the earth/ spirits/god(s)

gen 3:23 Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.

Today that separation of man from god, and our spiritual disconnection to the earth/god/our spiritual awareness of life, is so complete that some modern people cant even sense god's presence, or the spirit of life in themselves and the world around them. They don't give thanks for their food, their lives etc,. but take for granted the material richness of their modern lives.

We rely so much on our own skills and technologies that we think we don't need that connection to god or our spiritual side any longer. That leads humanity into a tragic error.

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1

Why do you think he does NOT feel the need to talk to you ?

How can one answer such a question?

If you think he talks with you then you must feel there is a reason why!

You only put a bandaid on broken skin....

• Like 1

If you are hearing/seeing/feeling that which is not there, then you are suffering from hallucinations, either caused by reactions to prescription meds, use of recreational drugs, or some form of mental health issue. To suggest any paranormal or religious cause is completely irrational and a huge risk, especially if the cause is one of mental health

• Like 2

If you are hearing/seeing/feeling that which is not there, then you are suffering from hallucinations, either caused by reactions to prescription meds, use of recreational drugs, or some form of mental health issue. To suggest any paranormal or religious cause is completely irrational and a huge risk, especially if the cause is one of mental health

I respect that u are atheist, but every believer is crazy or on drugs??

• Like 2

No! Dont twist my words!

I said hallucinations!

• Like 2

No! Dont twist my words!

I said hallucinations!

U said feelings too... Having a feeling of something spiritual doesn't sound like a hallucination to me. I know medically feeling are categorized as hallucinations but if u have had an experience who is to say it's a hallucination...- people who don't believe in something more...

U said feelings too... Having a feeling of something spiritual doesn't sound like a hallucination to me. I know medically feeling are categorized as hallucinations but if u have had an experience who is to say it's a hallucination...- people who don't believe in something more...

Nagel

We are pattern seekers. Please watch this video.

Michael Shermer: The pattern behind self-deception

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure Merrin meant feeling as in the sensation of physical touch since he used it in combination with hearing/seeing. Feeling as in one of the five senses. Not feeling as in emotional content or mental perception.

• Like 2

And who judges if a voice is 'not there"? The logical, rational thing to do is first to have yourself checked out, but ALSO to interpret the contextual evidences supplied by the evidences given by the voice, not to just dismiss them as impossible. For example if a voice says "Tomorrow turn left at elm street rather than right because a large red bus will come through the intersection and wipe you out if you go right " and then tomorrow you follow the advice and watch the bus career through where you would have been without the warning How do you interpret the voice and its message then? What happens the next time it speaks to you, teaches you something new, or again gives a warning of potential danger? Do you ignore it? What if this continues over years, with the entity extending your consciousness out into the world so you don't get lost or so you see dangers coming and have warning of them or more mundanely you see where a parking space will be and it opens to you as you approach. ?

Nothing is irrational if it is real, observable, measurable and verifiable; and dismissing the spiritual or supernatural causes is also dangerous (indeed there is no such thing as the supernatural, only the not yet understood natural.)

I understand what you are saying and support your opinion that this should cause a person to get medical advice but you have not experienced the physical reality of contact with a powerful, mentoring, and protective consciousness. What if, despite perfect mental and physical health, despite never taking alcohol or drugs, you maintain an ongoing connection to this entity, which educates protects and gives you strength, courage, knowledge, and power over many decades?. What do you do then ? What is the logical and rational thing to do? Ignore the contact and cut yourself of from its protection, power, help and mentoring? Or listen to it, learn from it and avail yourself of its protection? What if, when you ask it questions it gives you knowledge and answers which it was impossible for you to draw from within your own mind and knowledge but which prove to be true. ?

Don't worry. I was just like you once, but we live and learn, or we fail to learn, and often, therefore, fail to live.

If you refuse to believe in gods or ghosts or aliens, then when/if you encounter one, you will naturally assume it HAS to be an hallucination . Don't be so sure/certain, or quick to judge. Your pre-existing disbelief might be false. . Take the time and effort to check out each encounter, logically and rationally, with an open mind, and investigate the contexts and evidences surrounding the event/contact.

Why do you say this, for example?

To suggest any paranormal or religious cause is completely irrational .

Answer: Because you BELIEVE it to be so.

Why do you believe it to be so ?

Answer:

Because you do not BELIEVE such things have a physical reality, and are/can be, a natural part of our complete universe.

Why don't you believe in such things?

Answer:

Probably because you have no personal evidences or experiences of them to justify believing . ( A logical and rational conclusion on your part) Or (hypothetically) you might have had experiences caused by drugs or mental issues which cause you to think that humans only have such experiences when they are out of their "right" mind Not so logical. Just because "you" see fluffy bunnies under the influence of drugs doesn't mean fluffy bunnies don't exist or cant be seen when not influenced by drugs. :innocent:

Edited by Mr Walker

And who judges if a voice is 'not there"? The logical, rational thing to do is first to have yourself checked out, but ALSO to interpret the contextual evidences supplied by the evidences given by the voice, not to just dismiss them as impossible. For example if a voice says "Tomorrow turn left at elm street rather than right because a large red bus will come through the intersection and wipe you out if you go right " and then tomorrow you follow the advice and watch the bus career through where you would have been without the warning How do you interpret the voice and its message then? What happens the next time it speaks to you, teaches you something new, or again gives a warning of potential danger? Do you ignore it? What if this continues over years, with the entity extending your consciousness out into the world so you don't get lost or so you see dangers coming and have warning of them or more mundanely you see where a parking space will be and it opens to you as you approach. ?

Nothing is irrational if it is real, observable, measurable and verifiable; and dismissing the spiritual or supernatural causes is also dangerous (indeed there is no such thing as the supernatural, only the not yet understood natural.)

I understand what you are saying and support your opinion that this should cause a person to get medical advice but you have not experienced the physical reality of contact with a powerful, mentoring, and protective consciousness. What if, despite perfect mental and physical health, despite never taking alcohol or drugs, you maintain an ongoing connection to this entity, which educates protects and gives you strength, courage, knowledge, and power over many decades?. What do you do then ? What is the logical and rational thing to do? Ignore the contact and cut yourself of from its protection, power, help and mentoring? Or listen to it, learn from it and avail yourself of its protection? What if, when you ask it questions it gives you knowledge and answers which it was impossible for you to draw from within your own mind and knowledge but which prove to be true. ?

Don't worry. I was just like you once, but we live and learn, or we fail to learn, and often, therefore, fail to live.

If you refuse to believe in gods or ghosts or aliens, then when/if you encounter one, you will naturally assume it HAS to be an hallucination . Don't be so sure/certain, or quick to judge. Your pre-existing disbelief might be false. . Take the time and effort to check out each encounter, logically and rationally, with an open mind, and investigate the contexts and evidences surrounding the event/contact.

Ive had my fair share of hallucinations and mental health issues to know everything paranormal is in ones head!

• Like 3

Ive had my fair share of hallucinations and mental health issues to know everything paranormal is in ones head!

Ah i extended my post before i read this but see my last few lines I didn't mean to imply you had "mental health issues", but as you did then it explains your reluctance to accept that people can encounter "god" when perfectly sane healthy sober and wide awake . The only hallucinations i have ever had were induced by strong painkillers after a major operation. (and they were little flying bunnies) I knew what they were and what caused them. But i have known 'god" as a physical and real entity who interacts with me as really as my wife does, for over 40 years. I am mentally well, do not have visions or hallucinations and never take drugs or alcohol So i have a different understanding about what is 'real', to yours.

You see, your experiences CANNOT let you KNOW what other people experience, only what YOU experience, and you cant transfer the reality and causes of your own experiences onto every one else and their experiences.

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1

I was listening to music and thinking about God so I posted on my social media " I wonder what God's faith is." And God answered me!!! When I mentally tuned into the music that was playing, the song "I Won't Give Up" by Jason Mraz was playing!! God LITERALLY answered me in song! Please listen to the song before u comment!

In Christian theology, God speaks to people in various ways:

In the Bible, God is said to speak through the witness of nature, through His written Word (Scripture), through His prophets (though specifically this was in Old Testament times), through His Son (Jesus), occasionally directly like when he spoke to Moses at the burning bush, and through ministers/preachers. And not a few people believe He speaks through other people, circumstances, the arts and so forth. I would only caution you God has said that his Revelation to people has been completed with life, death and resurrection of Christ and the completion of the New Testament canon of Scripture. There is everything therein for one to seek and find God if you are sincerely looking.

It is possible that God may on occasion speak to people through secular writings, music and so forth, He is after all able to do anything He chooses to do; He has carried out His will in history through pagan kings (like Nebuchadnezzar in the book of Daniel). But human feelings are quite subjective and your message from God may be nothing more than your perceived feelings in the matter.

On a subject like this you will also get the "God doesn't exist so nothing could speak to you" reply, an opinion I do not share. I would just not read too much into it.

I know the answer to that !

God told me in a song

• Like 3

Why do you think Merrin said God does not does talk to him .

Twisting the conversation your way again :-*

Walker projection No. 763

• Like 3

he also hallucinated what you didnt write ! But anyway , shrug> he just got out of a 3 day hospital, stint so dont expect too much.

Wait .... maybe he ;

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 1

Well gosh ... he never said that either .

Its spreading ! :w00t:

(or like minds think alike ? )

• Like 3

he said 'believe in something that isnt there ' !

Jezuz! i You religious types are hard to have a sensible conversation with !

• Like 2

Is this a serious question? Even if it isn't, I'm going to give you an answer: I think He says "hello" to everyone of us, all the time. Up to the individual, if they choose to respond.

• Like 1