Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A literal answer from GOD

Nagel_ovel

You're surely not making reference to The Bible, right?

Sure am.

Sure am.

OK then: #1-not an autobiography. #2-heaps of blame?? I don't get that reference. #3- Don't knock it til you try it. Read the book, then we'll talk.

OK then: #1-not an autobiography. #2-heaps of blame?? I don't get that reference. #3- Don't knock it til you try it. Read the book, then we'll talk.

:rolleyes: , it sure is, everyone else is always guilty, sinful and I have read it (at least 90% of it). Reads just like a narcissistic cult leader spewing out constant arrogance and hate (the likes of Jim Jones, David Koresh, David Berg):

Where's your proof that it's an autobiography, MC?

Ok, so you replied, that it is not an autobiography. Check.

Here's the thing, when you said:

If there was a book, written about me, and I had the power to choose exactly what goes into that book, I'm going to exercise my authority. That is exactly what God did.
If he did, is there proof he authorized it?
  • Like 3

:rolleyes: , it sure is, everyone else is always guilty, sinful and I have read it (at least 90% of it). Reads just like a narcissistic cult leader spewing out constant arrogance and hate (the likes of Jim Jones, David Koresh, David Berg):

Interesting. My experience is that you get exactly what you need from The Bible. Maybe your interpretation speaks more about your guilt of sin?? Let me repeat: it's not an autobiography. It is inspired by God, written by humans.

• Like 1

Where's your proof that it's an autobiography, MC?

Ok, so you replied, that it is not an autobiography. Check.

Here's the thing, when you said:

If he did, is there proof he authorized it? [/background][/font][/color]

That's where faith comes in. I read it, I understand it, I follow it, I see the fruit. That's all the proof I need.

Maybe your interpretation speaks more about your guilt of sin??

Back to this:

A rancorous autobiography in which the author heaps blame on just about everyone who had the misfortune of knowing him -Merriam Webster Dictionary

Guilt trips do not work on me, I see him for what he is, an abomination of narcissism.

• Like 2

Back to this:

Guilt trips do not work on me, I see him for what he is, an abomination of narcissism.

Back to this:

...and that makes sense.

That's where faith comes in. I read it, I understand it, I follow it, I see the fruit. That's all the proof I need.

Cool! I understand that, and that's great for you. I am not arguing why you do that. You should continue to do that, it is part of who you are.

Here's the thing, in why I asked you the question in the first place.

If there was a book, written about me, and I had the power to choose exactly what goes into that book, I'm going to exercise my authority. That is exactly what God did.

If what I put in red, a statement of what you consider truth for everyone, or just for you to believe?

You say, that is exactly what God did. I consider that a statement.

Are you trying to encourage others to have faith in your statement? Or are you encouraging them to just believe you right from the start? Even then, there would have to be evidence to show a reason for everyone to believe it.

I hope you don't get me wrong, I think you are a nice addition to these particular forums. I just think that when someone is expecting someone to 'believe' like them, they have the back up to do it.

We all have our opinions here, ( and I hope we all put in in the form of our opinions ) so no one gets a lecture on how to think, when this is not just believing, but also on being a skeptic. :yes:

Cool! I understand that, and that's great for you. I am not arguing why you do that. You should continue to do that, it is part of who you are.

Here's the thing, in why I asked you the question in the first place.

[/background][/font][/color][/size]

If what I put in red, a statement of what you consider truth for everyone, or just for you to believe?

You say, that is exactly what God did. I consider that a statement.

Are you trying to encourage others to have faith in your statement? Or are you encouraging them to just believe you right from the start? Even then, there would have to be evidence to show a reason for everyone to believe it.

I hope you don't get me wrong, I think you are a nice addition to these particular forums. I just think that when someone is expecting someone to 'believe' like them, they have the back up to do it.

We all have our opinions here, ( and I hope we all put in in the form of our opinions ) so no one gets a lecture on how to think, when this is not just believing, but also on being a skeptic. :yes:

Very good questions. It is a statement that I make based on my experience. We already know there's no 'proof' for the unbeliever. I have said before in other threads; I haven't always believed in God or The Bible. For the first 38 years of my life, I had no faith and would have told you it's all fairy tales. Then I met someone and my life turned a very sharp corner. Nothing made sense anymore and I started looking for answers. I searched for answers and it just felt futile, I just kept falling further into the rabbit hole. For lack of anything else to read, I picked up a Bible and started reading. It was almost as if a switch was turned on inside me. I can't explain 'why' or 'how' it felt like it was the truth, I just knew. That was beyond weird for me. Nothing has been the same since. I can't really even try and think like the 'old me'. I hope in my rambling, I answered your question. There is no proof for the UNbeliever. Flip side of the coin: all He requires is a tiny speck of belief from the skeptic. From that tiny speck, He can (and will) give you all the proof you need.

• Like 1

If there was a book, written about me, and I had the power to choose exactly what goes into that book, I'm going to exercise my authority. That is exactly what God did. To answer your question; yes, I'm well aware of the history of The Bible.

Before you say it read it, I have read it three times. I have also read most of Rig Vedas, all Upanishads and all of Bhagavad Gita, parts of the Quran (Sorry Muslims, that got boring really quick.), Life of the Buddha By Ma-Meng-Pu-Sa, and The Mabinogion. All english translations, of course. These are all sacred books to somebody. Were they all written by or inspired by a god. Or is the Bible the only one and how can you tell it is the only one. Maybe they are all written by god or maybe none are.

I have no sacred books. Flowers, trees, life, Earth, sun, milky way, etc are sacred to me. Books are useful tools, but they are just ink and paper. Throw one in the river and it will rot decay until the river caries it away to whence it came.

• Like 3

Very good questions. It is a statement that I make based on my experience. We already know there's no 'proof' for the unbeliever. I have said before in other threads; I haven't always believed in God or The Bible. For the first 38 years of my life, I had no faith and would have told you it's all fairy tales. Then I met someone and my life turned a very sharp corner. Nothing made sense anymore and I started looking for answers. I searched for answers and it just felt futile, I just kept falling further into the rabbit hole. For lack of anything else to read, I picked up a Bible and started reading. It was almost as if a switch was turned on inside me. I can't explain 'why' or 'how' it felt like it was the truth, I just knew. That was beyond weird for me. Nothing has been the same since. I can't really even try and think like the 'old me'. I hope in my rambling, I answered your question. There is no proof for the UNbeliever. Flip side of the coin: all He requires is a tiny speck of belief from the skeptic. From that tiny speck, He can (and will) give you all the proof you need.

My favorite chapter is Leviticus 14.

My favorite chapter is Leviticus 14.

To that I say: Thank you, Jesus! That would be one heck of a ritual to perform. Aren't we lucky we don't have to do these things?!

• Like 1

Before you say it read it, I have read it three times. I have also read most of Rig Vedas, all Upanishads and all of Bhagavad Gita, parts of the Quran (Sorry Muslims, that got boring really quick.), Life of the Buddha By Ma-Meng-Pu-Sa, and The Mabinogion. All english translations, of course. These are all sacred books to somebody. Were they all written by or inspired by a god. Or is the Bible the only one and how can you tell it is the only one. Maybe they are all written by god or maybe none are.

I have no sacred books. Flowers, trees, life, Earth, sun, milky way, etc are sacred to me. Books are useful tools, but they are just ink and paper. Throw one in the river and it will rot decay until the river caries it away to whence it came.

I have not read all that you have listed. I do know that all of the major religions in the world have so many things in common and I see truth in all of them. I can only base my opinion on my experience. I will never argue with someone that I'm right and they are wrong when it comes to religion. The Bible is sacred to me. It has everything in it I need to progress towards spiritual perfection. Like so many of you, I need proof. I'm very stubborn and skeptical. Somehow, someway, He broke down that wall and here I am, discussing my faith.

I have not read all that you have listed. I do know that all of the major religions in the world have so many things in common and I see truth in all of them. I can only base my opinion on my experience. I will never argue with someone that I'm right and they are wrong when it comes to religion. The Bible is sacred to me. It has everything in it I need to progress towards spiritual perfection. Like so many of you, I need proof. I'm very stubborn and skeptical. Somehow, someway, He broke down that wall and here I am, discussing my faith.

You are skeptical, and yet you believe in an invisible omniscient entity that cares about who you have sex with (and a host of other silly things)?

What do you think "skeptic" means, exactly?

Edited by Podo
  • Like 7

You are skeptical, and yet you believe in an invisible omniscient entity that cares about who you have sex with (and a host of other silly things)?

What do you think "skeptic" means, exactly?

Without 'googling' a perfect definition, I would say being a skeptic allows for something to be true given enough evidence. God is NOT invisible to me. I see his hand in everything. Yes, God cares about even the most minute details of our lives. None of which I think are silly.

• Like 1

It is said that the devil is the ruler of this earth. And religion is an earthly thing, written by people. So it only make me think that the devils greatest trick is when he convinced people he's god. Come one lets face it. So many religions, so much conflict caused by those religions. If you were the devil and you wanted to cause strife amongst people then there is no better way. Just sweeten the pot a little.

Its not only you that thought that. There have been sects in the past that thought that too ... I guess they just read the bible at face value ? So they assumed if the Devil was masquerading as Jehovah ... all they had to do was do the reverse of the bible ; party on, make friends with the Egyptians, practice sodomy, etc etc. .... what was the name they gave to it <thinks .... remembers > " ... so they practiced an 'inverted morality ' :-*

• Like 3

Without 'googling' a perfect definition, I would say being a skeptic allows for something to be true given enough evidence. God is NOT invisible to me. I see his hand in everything. Yes, God cares about even the most minute details of our lives. None of which I think are silly.

You literally see your god in things? Physically? Like you see it with your eyes, interacting with things?

Have you ever spoken to a doctor about these visions...? :huh:

• Like 1

A rancorous autobiography in which the author heaps blame on just about everyone who had the misfortune of knowing him -Merriam Webster Dictionary

Religion; A daughter of hope and fear explaining to ignorance the nature of the Unknowable . - The Devil's Dictionary, Ambrose Bierce.

• Like 2

Its not only you that thought that. There have been sects in the past that thought that too ... I guess they just read the bible at face value ? So they assumed if the Devil was masquerading as Jehovah ... all they had to do was do the reverse of the bible ; party on, make friends with the Egyptians, practice sodomy, etc etc. .... what was the name they gave to it <thinks .... remembers > " ... so they practiced an 'inverted morality ' :-*

What is morality? Especially in the biblical sense. I could bend any number of scripture to justify whatever desire I might have.

Didn't Crowley pretty much do the same thing?

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 1

Interesting. My experience is that you get exactly what you need from The Bible. Maybe your interpretation speaks more about your guilt of sin?? Let me repeat: it's not an autobiography. It is inspired by God, written by humans.

Didnt you say God had some hand in the editing, removal and addition of books that make up the Bible ( well, you assumed that if you were God and the book was about you, you would do that .... so God must have done it too . leaving aside that 'logic' for the moment , doesnt this mean that :

It is inspired by God, written by humans, and then heavily edited by God ?

• Like 2

You literally see your god in things? Physically? Like you see it with your eyes, interacting with things?

Have you ever spoken to a doctor about these visions...? :huh:

I'm pretty sure you understood. If not, I will clarify. I understand what it takes to create life as we know it, and see it as a miraculous feat. A task that only God could piece together so flawlessly.