Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A literal answer from GOD

Nagel_ovel

What is morality? Especially in the biblical sense. I could bend any number of scripture to justify whatever desire I might have.

Didn't Crowley pretty much do the same thing?

No, no you can't. The Bible is very clear. Some may argue it has cryptic messages for 'those that have ears', but I disagree. His message is clear and out there for all of us to understand.

I'm pretty sure you understood. If not, I will clarify. I understand what it takes to create life as we know it, and see it as a miraculous feat. A task that only God could piece together so flawlessly.

Life is flawless now ? :unsure2:

Edited by back to earth

You are the universe, we all are. God is a construct of the brain which is you so since the universe is constructed within your head by you it's totally plausible that you may receive answers you seek within a song because you create everything which happens to you. It's biocentrism basically look it up if you don't know about it already. My brain has been hurting literally working through the science behind it all string theory , biocentrism. ultimately it's lead me to religion so for me science has helped me find spiritualism . **** MAN GOD IS REAL, HE'S THERE FOR US WE ARE ETERNAL . What a trip listen to Alan Watts, Adam Lanza, Brian Greene and follow your path. God bless us all

• Like 1

Didnt you say God had some hand in the editing, removal and addition of books that make up the Bible ( well, you assumed that if you were God and the book was about you, you would do that .... so God must have done it too . leaving aside that 'logic' for the moment , doesnt this mean that :

It is inspired by God, written by humans, and then heavily edited by God ?

I believe it was written and completed perfectly. I also believe that if He decides to uncover texts that could or should be added to help his children, He will do it at just the right time.

No, no you can't. The Bible is very clear. Some may argue it has cryptic messages for 'those that have ears', but I disagree. His message is clear and out there for all of us to understand.

It's so clear that there are dozens of different branches of the same message. That some how one group of people are more important than the rest of us, that no matter how good a person we are, and what good we've done, we are just not good enough. Sorry but when "jesus" die nothing changed.

• Like 4

What is morality?

The dominant set of behaviors accepted by any individual society.

Especially in the biblical sense. I could bend any number of scripture to justify whatever desire I might have.

Thats theology ;)

Didn't Crowley pretty much do the same thing?

If the 'pretty much' is seen really widely ... maybe . There were a few reasons ( validly magically ) and a few excuses ( invalidly psychologically ) .

Its a complex topic ( I do have a paper on it I wrote ; 'Magical Madness ' - does magical , yogic or religious 'enlightenment' dispel psychopathological desires and actions ? ' )

• Like 2

Life is flawless now ? :unsure2:

As much as I'd like to entertain your interjections, I will let you interpret my words however you'd like. I think the universe IS flawless because God made it with a perfect plan in mind.

• Like 1

So, do you take these Bible messages literally or symbolically ?

• Like 1

I think the universe IS flawless because God made it with a perfect plan in mind.

Words like "flawless" and "perfect" are pretty empty when children get struck down with terrible illnesses such as cystic fibrosis, leukemia, meningitis, etc.

Oh yeah... I forgot... mysterious ways and all that...

• Like 4

Next time you give thanks to god for something. Think of the last picture.

thank-you-jesus-atheist-meme.jpg

God is love?

God IS love. That being said, Satan has dominion over the earth. If you want to understand this concept, try reading the book of Job. It's a good one.

God is love?

Exactly.

• Like 1

I believe it was written and completed perfectly.

I am not sure I understand your 'completed perfectly' does this cover the history of the churches revisions and translations over time ?

I also believe that if He decides to uncover texts that could or should be added to help his children, He will do it at just the right time.

Do you mean texts that are already written ?

If this is so , could not God, again dictate any new text needed for any new right time arising and add it to scripture ?

I find that concept more feasible than the idea that it has already been done for the future, in the past, and there is some repository of old texts somewhere ( in the vatican ? in clay jars in the desert in a cave, yet to be discovered ( thats a better one, but it already happened didnt it ? ) that were written centuries back and are somehow applicable to today's extremely different world .

Why cant God just send a new message if the time is right ?

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure you understood. If not, I will clarify. I understand what it takes to create life as we know it, and see it as a miraculous feat. A task that only God could piece together so flawlessly.

You understand what it takes to create life? Something that we, as a species, do not understand fully yet? You profess to understand how life is created and how it came to be? Well golly gee, you sure understand the universe better than any human ever has. You should share your unending wisdom with the masses.

But seriously, how is it you think you understand how life was created? What evidence do you have for this? Real evidence, not contained in 2000 year old book written by humans.

• Like 4

God IS love. That being said, Satan has dominion over the earth. If you want to understand this concept, try reading the book of Job. It's a good one.

Love is just a chemical reaction in your brain that you give a meaning to. As I mentioned before that if Satan is the ruler of the earth, then all religions are by default Satanic. Only put here to create strife. Maybe heavens full of agnostic, apatheist, and atheist. Tossing a few light hearted pagans into the mix.

Does_362c35_1292517.jpg

• Like 6

As much as I'd like to entertain your interjections, I will let you interpret my words however you'd like. I think the universe IS flawless because God made it with a perfect plan in mind.

Interjections ? :unsure2: It was a question.

And now I see you have cleared up my understanding of what you meant by redefining 'life' as 'Universe' :tu:

Its an internet discussion forum, not a blog, and it is actually a spirituality VS skepticism forum .... expect questions, statements, agreements, disputations and 'interjections'

• Like 4

If god created a perfect universe and we are the only thing flawed in it. Given that we are supposedly created in god's image, then how flawed is god?

• Like 4

Before you say it read it, I have read it three times. I have also read most of Rig Vedas, all Upanishads and all of Bhagavad Gita, parts of the Quran (Sorry Muslims, that got boring really quick.), Life of the Buddha By Ma-Meng-Pu-Sa, and The Mabinogion. All english translations, of course. These are all sacred books to somebody. Were they all written by or inspired by a god. Or is the Bible the only one and how can you tell it is the only one. Maybe they are all written by god or maybe none are.

I have no sacred books. Flowers, trees, life, Earth, sun, milky way, etc are sacred to me. Books are useful tools, but they are just ink and paper. Throw one in the river and it will rot decay until the river caries it away to whence it came.

IMO they were all inspired by human connection to god (and so are your spiritual thoughts and awarenesses) That is the NATURE of god and its connection to human self awareness. .

You have JUST used text to explain your own belief/faith/ world view The bolded bit is (or can now become) my sacred text from your own mouth. Holy books are just longer and more complex attempts at the same thing.

If god created a perfect universe and we are the only thing flawed in it. Given that we are supposedly created in god's image, then how flawed is god?

Thats how dualism first entered into it, from the world's first big religion - Zoroastrianism.

Good and Evil .... God and Devil ( or Ahura Mazda and Ahriman ) , so its not really monotheism at all .

Later on they tried a truer monotheism with a twist on Zoroastrianism known as 'Zurvanism' ( the religion of the Magi .... the root of magic ) where deity was seen as a sort of mono principle between and over the other two of light / dark .

Many modern Christians seem inadvertently stuck between the two ; the see an absolute Monotheistic deity - 'Zurvan' ... but when confronted by the 'dark side' have to re-invent Ahriman .

See , you can have ya cake and eat it too !

:su

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 4

Love is just a chemical reaction in your brain that you give a meaning to. As I mentioned before that if Satan is the ruler of the earth, then all religions are by default Satanic. Only put here to create strife. Maybe heavens full of agnostic, apatheist, and atheist. Tossing a few light hearted pagans into the mix.

Does_362c35_1292517.jpg

No, love in humans is a learned intellectual construct and awareness. LUST is a chemical based, evolved response.

You misinterpret biblical theology Satan is the "ruler" of earth only in so far as, since the fall of humanity we have been cut off from god who rules all the rest of the universe, while evil has been contained to earth. Satan is the putative head of state for earth but humans can accept or reject his leadership. There are both costs and benefits in doing this.

Eventually a coalition of the willing will overthrow satan, and earth will be reinstated in the united galaxy of races.

In biblical theology the true religions are those which oppose the laws of satan's rule and his right to claim leadership over humans and fight to restore the true leader of humanity (god) to hjs rightful position.

Because you misinterpret the understandings and intent of the original writers you misunderstand he theological nature of the current position on earth as outlined in that theology..

I don't believe this, nor see it i as correct, but it IS an accurate interpretation of biblical theology and the way the writers of the bible saw the nature of man, the nature of the world, and our connection to god. .

God is love?

Thank you Jesus for giving me the abilty and desire to help that last young person and , by helping "him" allow him not only to live, but live abundantly, as you have granted me the abilty to do. .

Just another perspective

So you (and God) are responsible for that !

It doesnt look like you are doing a good job .... he looks like he has about 3 days left before he dies !

• Like 5

IMO they were all inspired by human connection to god (and so are your spiritual thoughts and awarenesses) That is the NATURE of god and its connection to human self awareness. .

You have JUST used text to explain your own belief/faith/ world view The bolded bit is (or can now become) my sacred text from your own mouth. Holy books are just longer and more complex attempts at the same thing.

I would have to hold the text that I type as sacred, I don't.* Sometimes I am wrong. I must be doing something right, because today I was brought offerings of booze, herbs, and cookies from my minions. Hail the Greenmen, next time bring cash.

*(Note the edit at the bottom of the page.)

Edited by GreenmansGod
  • Like 4

And to say that kid is living abundantly as you are is highly offensive, cruel and rather disgusting !

Shame on you Walker !

This is the pits ... this is the lowest I have you seen sink on this forum yet .

And to also put it in the form of a prayer .

I dont really believe in the power of evil ... I think it comes from humans with egos and seek aggrandisement running rampantly out of control .

But this is close.

if your intention was to drive people away from this thread in disgust then ... fine , you win !

Ya freak !

ETA ..... this time I will add it, in case he comes back and tries to remove his uber offensiveness . '

Thank you Jesus for giving me the abilty and desire to help that last young person and , by helping "him" allow him not only to live, but live abundantly, as you have granted me the abilty to do. .

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 4