Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A literal answer from GOD

Nagel_ovel

As I mentioned before that if Satan is the ruler of the earth, then all religions are by default Satanic.

Exactly.

• Like 2

Is it really that difficult to believe that someone made it all up? People do good works and god get's the credit. When all hell breaks loose it's the devil to blame, not human mistakes.

1331954044232_476848.png

• Like 3

As much as I'd like to entertain your interjections, I will let you interpret my words however you'd like. I think the universe IS flawless because God made it with a perfect plan in mind.

If a game developer releases a game riddled with bugs but intends the game to be "perfect" in the future does that make the game flawless as it currently stands?

• Like 7

I am not sure I understand your 'completed perfectly' does this cover the history of the churches revisions and translations over time ?

Do you mean texts that are already written ?

If this is so , could not God, again dictate any new text needed for any new right time arising and add it to scripture ?

I find that concept more feasible than the idea that it has already been done for the future, in the past, and there is some repository of old texts somewhere ( in the vatican ? in clay jars in the desert in a cave, yet to be discovered ( thats a better one, but it already happened didnt it ? ) that were written centuries back and are somehow applicable to today's extremely different world .

Why cant God just send a new message if the time is right ?

Yes, it includes revisions and translations. It includes any text that may already be written and yet to be discovered. The Bible may not be complete and God may want to add a book or two in the future. For now, it is just as it's supposed to be.

Yes, it includes revisions and translations. It includes any text that may already be written and yet to be discovered. The Bible may not be complete and God may want to add a book or two in the future. For now, it is just as it's supposed to be.

Just no, no, no, no! How brainwashed are you? If you took it as metaphorical I'd be okay with it, but literal! So are you a willful slave to your husband?

Can you not see that it's man-made? Do you honestly believe that people wrote the word of god as if it's really from god? How many of these individuals were either doped up or delusional. What if god's new word is satanism, Scientology, or for hell's sake Pastafarianism?

What makes one middle eastern deity so damn important? I just can understand it. Just why?

Edited by XenoFish

post-158794-0-44051200-1454459167_thumb.

Genesis 1:27

So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

220px-Narcissus-Caravaggio_%281594-96%29_edited.jpg

You understand what it takes to create life? Something that we, as a species, do not understand fully yet? You profess to understand how life is created and how it came to be? Well golly gee, you sure understand the universe better than any human ever has. You should share your unending wisdom with the masses.

But seriously, how is it you think you understand how life was created? What evidence do you have for this? Real evidence, not contained in 2000 year old book written by humans.

The sarcasm could be squelched. When I say "I understand what it takes to create life..." I am implying that it is a very complex task. I think you understood that though.

• Like 1

Just no, no, no, no! How brainwashed are you? If you took it as metaphorical I'd be okay with it, but literal! So are you a willful slave to your husband?

Can you not see that it's man-made? Do you honestly believe that people wrote the word of god as if it's really from god? How many of these individuals were either doped up or delusional. What if god's new word is satanism, Scientology, or for hell's sake Pastafarianism?

What makes one middle eastern deity so damn important? I just can understand it. Just why?

The key here is that when a person falls prey to the appeal to authority fallacy, she is accepting a claim as true without there being adequate evidence to do so. More specifically, she is accepting the claim because she erroneously believes that the source making the claim is a legitimate expert and hence that the claim is reasonable to accept.

Since people have a tendency to believe authorities (and there are, in fact, good reasons to accept some claims made by authorities) this fallacy is a fairly common one.

Regarding the Bible, this is a very common version of this fallacy. Although many Christians take the bible as an authority, based upon the belief that it is the word of God, that belief is not justified with evidence or proof. That is, belief in the Bible as authority rests upon faith and not fact. In order for something to qualify as evidence or support in an argument it must be a proven fact.

There are some accepted standards for legitimate authority in a particular context. The following standards are widely accepted:

The person has sufficient expertise in the subject matter in question.

The claim being made by the person is within her area(s) of expertise.

There is an adequate degree of agreement among the other experts in the subject in question.

The person in question is not significantly biased.

The area of expertise is a legitimate area or discipline

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 4

The sarcasm could be squelched. When I say "I understand what it takes to create life..." I am implying that it is a very complex task. I think you understood that though.

I support u, girl!! Keep it goin!

Brainwashed? Did you not read the comment I made earlier in this thread? I came to believe in God all by my lonesome. So, unless God is responsible, I'm going to say my mind is free of brainwashing. Regarding 'being a slave to my husband': That's not what The Bible says. Wives are told to "obey their husband" and husbands are told to "honor their wives". Sounds reasonable to me. IF I were to ever get married, I'd be okay with it.

• Like 1

The key here is that when a person falls prey to the appeal to authority fallacy, she is accepting a claim as true without there being adequate evidence to do so. More specifically, she is accepting the claim because she erroneously believes that the source making the claim is a legitimate expert and hence that the claim is reasonable to accept.

Since people have a tendency to believe authorities (and there are, in fact, good reasons to accept some claims made by authorities) this fallacy is a fairly common one.

Regarding the Bible, this is a very common version of this fallacy. Although many Christians take the bible as an authority, based upon the belief that it is the word of God, that belief is not justified with evidence or proof. That is, belief in the Bible as authority rests upon faith and not fact. In order for something to qualify as evidence or support in an argument it must be a proven fact.

There are some accepted standards for legitimate authority in a particular context. The following standards are widely accepted:

The person has sufficient expertise in the subject matter in question.

The claim being made by the person is within her area(s) of expertise.

There is an adequate degree of agreement among the other experts in the subject in question.

The person in question is not significantly biased.

The area of expertise is a legitimate area or discipline

My faith IS fact.

My faith IS fact.

Fair enough, I have no qualms with a person who knows their belief is based on faith.

All the best to you.

• Like 1

The requirement to be worshipped is a flaw. A being with this feature is by definition "not perfect".

• Like 8

Very good questions. It is a statement that I make based on my experience. We already know there's no 'proof' for the unbeliever. I have said before in other threads; I haven't always believed in God or The Bible. For the first 38 years of my life, I had no faith and would have told you it's all fairy tales. Then I met someone and my life turned a very sharp corner. Nothing made sense anymore and I started looking for answers. I searched for answers and it just felt futile, I just kept falling further into the rabbit hole. For lack of anything else to read, I picked up a Bible and started reading. It was almost as if a switch was turned on inside me. I can't explain 'why' or 'how' it felt like it was the truth, I just knew. That was beyond weird for me. Nothing has been the same since. I can't really even try and think like the 'old me'. I hope in my rambling, I answered your question. There is no proof for the UNbeliever. Flip side of the coin: all He requires is a tiny speck of belief from the skeptic. From that tiny speck, He can (and will) give you all the proof you need.

Well, in a sense, I think you did answer my question. I can see from your post here, how you see that he answered. I'm not making fun of you, I have had the same kind of experiences, that lead me to my faith. And I wouldn't say that it probably wasn't God, or maybe at the least, say it was a higher power that gave me gifts, that helped, and such. I could say, like you did, that my experiences have one looking into themselves, and then beyond themselves, to possibly have messages for you.

To the question, of who wrote the bible, I don't know if anyone can say who actually did. Then again, I have not read it, pretty much, so I wouldn't know.

Does anyone know exactly who wrote it?

Before you say it read it, I have read it three times. I have also read most of Rig Vedas, all Upanishads and all of Bhagavad Gita, parts of the Quran (Sorry Muslims, that got boring really quick.), Life of the Buddha By Ma-Meng-Pu-Sa, and The Mabinogion. All english translations, of course. These are all sacred books to somebody. Were they all written by or inspired by a god. Or is the Bible the only one and how can you tell it is the only one. Maybe they are all written by god or maybe none are.

I have no sacred books. Flowers, trees, life, Earth, sun, milky way, etc are sacred to me. Books are useful tools, but they are just ink and paper. Throw one in the river and it will rot decay until the river caries it away to whence it came.

Again, as I have always said, this type of belief is the closest to mine. I enjoyed reading this GmG. :yes:

God IS love. That being said, Satan has dominion over the earth. If you want to understand this concept, try reading the book of Job. It's a good one.

So, is there proof that Satan has that dominion of that earth. First I hear, it's God whose here. Now, Satan is here!

But for me, I see Trump, Taxes, and snow, and I can also see, early spring from the nice weather, PTX, Enya, and Celtic Woman, and Harrison Ford. That is what I see.

The good things on Earth, I am proud of the human people for achieving that.

The bad things on Earth, I am ashamed of the human people for getting that.

Of course, if it's good or bad weather, then, crap what a bit of bad luck.

My faith IS fact.

Do you mean, your faith is your fact? I have faith, but I know it is not a foregone fact. Even for me? I think that keeps me from pounding a chuvinist with a hard cover book, or expecting to fly when I jump of a building. Or something a kin to what I believe.

I do think saying your faith is someone else's fact, can be very tricky in the way you communicate it. In fact, how can faith be a fact?

I can say, that I love my faith very much. But, I know it's faith, and faith cannot be proved.

• Like 3

I see .

because, thats the way its supposed to be

:su

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 3

But, but, Sherapy?

giphy.gif

It's so obvious that the captain should be pointing it out.

Patience bro .... patience.

• Like 6

That's all kinds of scary. A lot of people hold that same thought. A lot of dangerous people.

Ah, but the difference between my faith and theirs is I don't try and force it upon anyone. If I'm asked a question about my faith or I'm afforded the opportunity to discuss my beliefs, I am happy to oblige. When a person's faith becomes a religion, designed to separate; then it becomes dangerous.

That's all kinds of scary. A lot of people hold that same thought. A lot of dangerous people.

And lots of mild mannered reporters as well.