Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trekker takes photograph of 'Yeti footprints'

UM-Bot

Steve Berry encountered a mysterious set of single-file tracks on a steep mountain slope in Bhutan.

The 66-year-old had been trekking along a remote pass in the Himalayan Mountains when he came across the trail which was situated only yards away from an impassable chasm.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/291122/trekker-takes-photograph-of-yeti-footprints

• Like 1

Has there ever been claimed prints that were in such a single line?

• Like 2

It is interesting hiw straight they are. I did have one friend who insisted she saw Bigfoot, she was reliable it was the only time she ever claimed anything odd and she showed me the spot insisting bigfoot ran up what to me looked like an impassable near verticle drop off. Just thought id throw that out there, if we are looking at a very strong sneaky apelike creature it may be a possibility. But those footprints do indeed look more like a goat trail.

• Like 1

That looks like something hopping....like a bird or something..... bipedal prints look like this

human-footprints-deep-snow-17724327.jpg

• Like 5

Sand People. They travel single file to hide their numbers. Thank you Obi-Wan.

Wait...Himalayas....I mean Snow People. They travel in single file to hide their numbers. Did he report any banthas nearby?

• Like 4

It is interesting how straight they are. I did have one friend who insisted she saw Bigfoot, she was reliable it was the only time she ever claimed anything odd and she showed me the spot insisting bigfoot ran up what to me looked like an impassable near verticle drop off. Just thought id throw that out there, if we are looking at a very strong sneaky apelike creature it may be a possibility. But those footprints do indeed look more like a goat trail.

Bigfoot tracks are actually commonly reported as being straight.

"Whereas both bear trails and human trails exhibit some degree of trail width or straddle, this feature is often absent from sasquatch trails because sasquatch tracks are commonly aligned with trail direction in a narrowly linear arrangement rather than in a "staggered" arrangement."

- John Bindernagel, Canadian Biologist and author of The Discovery of the Sasquatch

The problem with snow imprints is that often you can only get from them an approximation of foot shape, but no distinct toe imprints. Same with most moss or grass surface tracks.

Edited by PrisonerX
  • Like 1

And the spacing between the impressions are so short as to indicate (for me) a four-legged animal.

But a goat I'm not so sure of. Maybe, maybe not. See here:

http://idahoptv.org/...s/goatfact2.cfm

To quote from that site:

Goat toes spread giving the track a square shape with a V in front. Goats tend to drag their feet creating a trough between prints. This is particularly noticeable in the snow.

tracks.jpg

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

I think the cold has got into his head. They are animal footprints, here are some more:

1092-284x425-Footprints.jpg

animal-tracks-snow-winter-3974746.jpg

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 5

Maybe it's another hiker's prints?

• Like 1

Meldrumatics aside, transient and easily faked evidence proves nothing.

• Like 2

Maybe it's another hiker's prints?

They really do look like animal prints...hikers tend to have two feet and possibly at least one stick. But a one legged hiker would need a stick to hike with.

There sure have.....but animals do not make the claim for them, humans photograph them. :tu:

• Like 1

Had to have been a Yeti walking sideways... :passifier:

• Like 1

Yes, that was a notable feature in many of the Wallace hoaxes (that bigfooters including Meldrum, still cling to). These are not hoaxes as much as tracks of a four legged creature though.

Yes, that was a notable feature in many of the Wallace hoaxes (that bigfooters including Meldrum, still cling to). These are not hoaxes as much as tracks of a four legged creature though.

Was it proven that the Wallace tracks were hoaxed? This BFRO article seems to suggest otherwise:

http://www.bfro.net/news/wallace.asp

Nevertheless, it's a notable feature not limited to the Wallace tracks, regardless of the case.

Edited by PrisonerX

It's commonly known that one legged yeti travel by rolling, not hopping.

:w00t:

• Like 1

Trekkers are so lame. Now a Trekkie would have photographed the Yeti itself, and got his autograph. :tu:

• Like 1

Trekkers are so lame. Now a Trekkie would have photographed the Yeti itself, and got his autograph. :tu:

And lost his lunch money.

And lost his lunch money.

? Don't quit your day job. :innocent:
  • Like 1

Was it proven that the Wallace tracks were hoaxed?

To the satisfaction of most reasonable people, yes. "Proof" is probably not the best choice of word though, it means different things to different people. For example, you can't prove that you exist with mathematical certainty.

To put it another way. Wallace existed. His stompers existed. He used his stompers. There are all sorts of tracks that bear remarkable similarity to said stompers (such as some of the more famous bigfoot tracks).

0 bigfoots are known to exist. As such, no one knows anything about their foot morphology, if they do exist. We do know however, of many hoaxes and have very many good reasons to accept that Wallace was responsible for certain ones.

This BFRO article seems to suggest otherwise:

http://www.bfro.net/news/wallace.asp

That's an extremely poor article. Without arguing over such nonsense (unless you really wish to), these articles seem quite worthwhile. The first couple actually offer some hope from a sceptic's pov that there is some objectivity being practiced within this field, as they are written by a cryptozoologist who seems to believe in bigfoot. The last one (by a historian) seems reasonable also, not sure what point the is making re "Paluxy River" (a creationist?), but apart from that, seems quite good. It explains much of the nonsense claims bigfooters make re Wallace fakes.

http://www.cryptozoo....com/hourglass/

http://www.cryptozoonews.com/faux-bf/

http://www.bermuda-t..._of_folklo.html

Nevertheless, it's a notable feature not limited to the Wallace tracks, regardless of the case.

Not denying that, only that they are a feature associated with Wallace tracks.