Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'11 dead' at Mexico teen's birthday party

Still Waters

Unknown gunmen have killed at least 11 people at a girl's 15th birthday party in Mexico's Guerrero state.

Guerrero governor Hector Astudillo said the shooting occurred at the traditional coming-of-age party in Cundancito, in the west of the region.

After the incident, authorities tried to reach the area but were met by gunfire, he said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...merica-35457245

Wow :no:

Was she killed for having the wrong last name? Gang violence is so digusting..

Edited by Dark_Grey
  • Like 3

I really wish that those in this country who buy drugs from this source were forced to see the costs to other human beings. Full size billboards in every major city with images of the slaughter to remind them what that high is costing someone else. It's disgusting and it's not "their" problem, it's OUR problem too if we are the cause of the demand.

• Like 3

I really wish that those in this country who buy drugs from this source were forced to see the costs to other human beings. Full size billboards in every major city with images of the slaughter to remind them what that high is costing someone else. It's disgusting and it's not "their" problem, it's OUR problem too if we are the cause of the demand.

that is why legalization, growing\making drugs at home will take away reasons for drug cartels to exist, they only exist because drugs are illegal. pretty much like prohibition in 1920s was.

you may not agree that people should have accesses to them at all, well it is not an option really, as reality shows.

p.s. also huge posters of politicians and cops tied with drug cartels would be a good thing too.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 6

that is why legalization, growing\making drugs at home will take away reasons for drug cartels to exist, they only exist because drugs are illegal. pretty much like prohibition in 1920s was.

you may not agree that people should have accesses to them at all, well it is not an option really, as reality shows.

p.s. also huge posters of politicians and cops tied with drug cartels would be a good thing too.

This x1000

You may not agree with someone else's choice to use drugs, but clearly you can't stop them from using. Until we all get comfortable with the idea of freedom of choice (gasp!) and break down the final wall of anti-drug propaganda, the cartels will be the only winners.

Edit to add--

The cartels are not the only winners - let's not forget the prison industry, the DEA, local Police (asset seizure) and street-level dealers.

Edited by Dark_Grey
  • Like 3

Word! Legalize that ****, and tax it. More revenue for the government.

• Like 3

you're half right.Maybe full sized billboards in the halls of congress to remind them of what their fake war on drugs is costing people. If we simply legalized said drugs the cartels would lose their power.

• Like 2

Word! Legalize that ****, and tax it. More revenue for the government.

Yes - and we could use the $ to treat the people who inevitably would become addicted. At least it would be an insurance fund not based on greed. But that's too simplistic and the pols would NEVER allow the $ not to be spent on other, unrelated vote buying schemes.
  • Like 3

Yes - and we could use the $ to treat the people who inevitably would become addicted. At least it would be an insurance fund not based on greed. But that's too simplistic and the pols would NEVER allow the $ not to be spent on other, unrelated vote buying schemes.

Yeah in an ideal world that's what the money would be used for but you are correct in the fact that it wouldn't. I am just personally of the libertarian view that you shouldn't restrict adults from doing what they want. Make it legal and criminalize the people who misuse it or harm others in pursuit of it or while on the drug.

• Like 4

Won't you think the $ required (and time) to treat addicts will be more than revenue?

Won't you think the $ required (and time) to treat addicts will be more than revenue?

Oh heck no, well not at first anyways. In addition to the revenue from taxation there is the cost savings in law enforcement and detention of drug users. Look at the financial successes of states in America who have legalized marijuana, now envision that across all 50 states PLUS the revenue from all the true drugs out there.

Eventually an equilibrium would be reached, the war on drugs would be over, our nation would be richer, healthier and safer.

• Like 1

why even bother?

Because a society is judged on how it treats its lowest members. Addicts, many anyways, are truly suffering and in need of help.

Tweakers - IDK If they're ever saveable, meth seems to steal people souls a little more greedily than the rest but then again if Heroin and cocaine were accessible I cant imagine anyone would be using meth cooked in a walmart bathroom anymore.

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1

Because a society is judged on how it treats its lowest members. Addicts, many anyways, are truly suffering and in need of help.

Tweakers - IDK If they're ever saveable, meth seems to steal people souls a little more greedily than the rest but then again if Heroin and cocaine were accessible I cant imagine anyone would be using meth cooked in a walmart bathroom anymore.

than we have nothing to worry about than, cuz you can't treat them worst than we treat them now, also do we really need to help those that do not want to be helped?

i actually agree on the second part, they would be no need for meth and crack if clean coke was available. not to mention if it was legal, and companies were free to develop it, there is no knowing what drugs they would come up with.

Edited by aztek

what do you mean by misuse?

You know..I have no idea haha. But you get my point, it has to be legal, but with limits in its use.

You know..I have no idea haha. But you get my point, it has to be legal, but with limits in its use.

do you mean amount? or your action while under it?

i do not think we need to limit amount, not that we practically can anyway. but while you are high, you should be forbidden to do some things, like drive for example. the approach should not be any different than we treat alcohol now,

just because it is leagl, doe snot mean you can drive, fly, or operate other vehicles.

• Like 3