Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A real Christian......

brittish_gurl

My ex-friend Sebastian's mom is a crack head! His mom is a so called "christian" yeah.... and he can't hang out with my friends and I because we're NOT christian. I think this is not a REAL christian way. If we're not christian he should still be friends with us and try to teach us how wonderful it really is. But his mom is saying that her and Sebastian are true christians...... but I don't believe that because is they really were then he would be able to be our friends because they don't judge anyone. I know she's trying to raise her son "right" but I don't think that's right. He's gonna make mistakes and make bizarre friends, but in the end it doesn't matter because he will still come out christian is he really believes it..... am I right?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kat_Kloud

• brittish_gurl

• Q-La

• Insight

including my family... which is why I am a devout atheist:-d

There are some christians that become to believe they must only associate with other christians..which is ABSURD. This is yet another reason I chose another path.

Please Saucy, Ashley, Twpdyp, Next2; don't faint or have the vapors - I do try to be fair (at least if we are not debating)

There called hypocrits. Dont worry about it, 9.99999999999999999999% of "Christians" are hypocrits

I have found that the large part of the people following Xianty are decent, kind, loving people that attempt to live their religion. Oft times a sect will put more stringent interpretation on a minor point and that's what causes such as British_gurl is talking about. Don't blame the Xian personally, blame the sect that gave them that belief! By an large Xians are just like everyone else, except for their belief system. yes.gif

My ex-friend Sebastian's mom is a crack head! His mom is a so called "christian" yeah.... and he can't hang out with my friends and I because we're NOT christian. I think this is not a REAL christian way. If we're not christian he should still be friends with us and try to teach us how wonderful it really is. But his mom is saying that her and Sebastian are true christians...... but I don't believe that because is they really were then he would be able to be our friends because they don't judge anyone. I know she's trying to raise her son "right" but I don't think that's right. He's gonna make mistakes and make bizarre friends, but in the end it doesn't matter because he will still come out christian is he really believes it..... am I right?

402108[/snapback]

Sounds like you are asking for a Christian perspective. Lets start with Christ Himself. Who did he associate with, Mary Magdalene she was a prostitute even worse he hung out with a tax collector. He did not associate with the religious men nor the powerful and elite. He associated with ordinary every day people from all walks off life.

If this woman considers herself to be a follower of Christ perhaps you could remind her who He associated with.

That's actually why I kid of stopppd being a Christian..... because of the hypocritcy. I can't stand it when people are hippocrites. I used to be such a hippocrite, but now I try not to be because I hate it so much. Well now I really don't like Sebastian and his mom because they're being ridiculas.... and he really was a cool friend to me, besides the being mean and all, but that's not the point. Anyways.... does anyone have anything else to say about this because it's really bugging me for some reason.....! Thank you! original.gifthumbsup.gif

P.S.

Good point Irish, that was the kind of proof I was looking for! Thank you! I should maybe discuss that with his mom, or maybe I should stay out of the situation all together........lol! thumbsup.gif

Edited by brittish_gurl

My whole family is christian and the people at my church are very kind, whereas some of them are kinda "koo koo". I think it varies. I mean, not even letting religion come into play: Some people are really nice, kind people- others aren't.

From my experience of it, Christians really aren't bad people. Most of them are very loving and nice.

My whole family is christian and the people at my church are very kind, whereas some of them are kinda "koo koo". I think it varies. I mean, not even letting religion come into play: Some people are really nice, kind people- others aren't.

From my experience of it, Christians really aren't bad people. Most of them are very loving and nice.

402353[/snapback]

Yes, most Christians are, just the percentage of them that are not just really bug me. I used to be a Christian, but just the people were so weird and creepy that I just stopped because I thought I'd turn into those weird creepy people that believe that what his mom believes. Nothing against Christians at all. They're cool....... thumbsup.gif

Edited by brittish_gurl

well, you see, it's not necessarily the christianity that makes them "koo koo". in some cases, yes it could be, if they take every word of the bible literally, or something like that, because really, there is a LOT of symbolism in the Bible... especially in revelations... anywho! what irish said was right... Jesus never hung out with the priests and rabbi's and such. Jesus was always with the people with leprecy, or the blind, or crippled, or poor people. Now nothing against you brittish gurl, but i think that having sebastion as a friend will have a good effect on you. it sorta sounds like you might willing to try christianity again, you just don't want to end up being "koo koo" well... just don't let yourself go "koo koo"! simple as that... and when you said your friends mom is a crack head, you didnt mean literally did you?

i think i covered everything i was thinking while i read this...

Edited by Jesus_Freak

well, you see, it's not necessarily the christianity that makes them "koo koo".

Yeah exactly, just people in general ha ha. Teh Koo Koo. Lol

Sounds like you are asking for a Christian perspective. Lets start with Christ Himself. Who did he associate with, Mary Magdalene she was a prostitute

402345[/snapback]

I know this is not the point of this thread, but I just have to add this: Mary Magdalene was never, ever referred to in the Bible as a prostitute, this is a mistaken identity that somehow has stuck around for centuries. She just had the misfortune of being introduced soon after the story of a prostitute (the one who washed Jesus' feet with her hair). I believe this notion arose after a Pope (Gregory?) many years ago mistakenly used her as a moral story in one of his Easter sermons.

She was actually a very respected women in the community and later in the early churches.

many people confuse the prostitue in revelations with her too... i dont know how... but they do

Just because a small percentage of Christians tend to be vocal, elitist and ignorant does not make all of them hypocrites or evil or jackasses. Some of us are nice and don't think we are better that anyone else. I try to stay out of all the religious stuff that is debated here but this struck a nerve with me.

Saying that all or even most Christians are *fill in the blank* is just as bad as saying all muslims are *fill in the blank*. It is blind prejudice; it's hurtful and mean.

Perhaps the man that gave up his seat on the bus for someone else was a Christian. Maybe the lady that let you in front of her in the grocery que was a Catholic. What if the gentleman that said "excuse me" even though you bumped into him and almost knocked him over was a muslim. You don't really know because most of us don't go around everywhere announcing our faith and how right we are to everyone.

It's just like everything else today. A vocal minority can ruin the image of a large group of people.

The only thing I ever say about my faith is that I consider myself a non-denominational Christian who does not believe in organized religion because fellowship is not a top priority for me.

So, please, keep in mind that you come in contact with people every day and you might not have a clue what religion they might be.

*sighs* ofcourse I've my own run in with this kinda crap.

My roommate's father has hated me since day one. He calls himself a good christian, yet forbids me from joining thier family during the holidays. Which means, while my roomy goes to thier place (and he's not happy with this crap either) I get to stay home alone. Normal really...

Forgiving is not in this man's nature...

Chirstian means like Christ, or little Christ.

The Bible defines christianity as one who believes in Jesus Christ

and His ressurection and gift of salvation.

Question: After the gospels were written were you required to

accept the whole Bible in order to believe Jesus?

Because christians today neglect to believe most of what the Bible

says and only pay attention to the message of salvation instead of

about God who was He who saved us.

That's the way it is.... some encounters with ppl who have "holier than thou" attitude who are christians, and it's enough to ruin the reputation of anyone who dares to admit being christian.. lol tongue.gif

Seriously, ppl who call them selves "true christians" tend to categorize others less good christians and pagans. Ignoring and behaving immaturely towards anyone who doesn't stand up for their criteria of "true christian" is just being a regular ass, nothing divine or christianity-driven there.

Most christians I know, some of them active in a church, are accepting, nice people. I've met the other kind of christians too, but then again, I've met also not christian a-holes. I suppose it would be reasonable to admit, that it's not up to religion. People are what they are, any reason for bad behaviour is just an excuse used to try to justify it.

i think in truth your friends mum probly was brought up the same way as your friend and probly doesnt know ne better, that you are a bad influence on her son or she thinks he son may be to good for you, but i myself are a christian, and there is nothing written that we are not allowed to be friends with non christian people for we are all the children of god.

Some people are just insecure about their beliefs. It's like it its hard enough already to be a christian, to live up to values (e.g. chastity) which are not exactly the trend in society. If one cannot do it alone, it may even be more difficult when affected by peers with contrasting belief (in parents' eyes anyway). Their beliefs are of course less than mature. In a perfect state, one should just live up to his/her belief, and boldly go out to bring about positive influence to the world (christian in particular), which is easier said than done.

Just may be, british gurl can show them what tolerence really is rofl.gif .

Edited by Q-La

402108[/snapback]

Christ himself hung out with the desolate and the prostitutes. He went to the people to minister to them, as opposed to hanging around with the "christian" leaders. I am a Christian myself and have many many non-christian friends. And yes, his mom IS a crack head.

It matters not who you hang around with, as long as they don't get the better of you. Example: A christian man hanging out with drug addict friends all the time might find himself facing temptation more then he should. How old is your friend?

Truth and Chaos, Quantum bypass. That's for you, Q-la. And yes, I do speak 1337. *laughs*

402108[/snapback]

True Christians my ass. They're hypocrites. Why don't they read the part about not casting the first stone unless they are blameless.