Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

History 2 channel going away (Feb. 29th)

Mister No Name

They didn't used to, but times change I guess. Thing is, I really wanted just a pure military history channel and had it for a while at least. I'll have to check with DirectTV, maybe I can finagle something without them asking for my limbs as payment each month.

It's cheaper that way. They don't have to film and write new programs with new content. They just recycle old scenes that you remember from a show first aired in 1995! They also push reality shows because they're much cheaper to make. It's all about the money. That's why you have to pay an arm and a leg to get the shows that fit a channel's supposed category or theme. I blame the horrible MTV for much of this. Maybe we'd be better off with fewer channels with better programs.

• Like 1

I still love my cable and DVR. There are things like Netflix and Hulu etc, but they don't have NEW programs, and I don't like watching TV on a computer monitor

Also not very convenient for watching live sports. You still need good old' cable TV or satellite dish for that.

Edited by EEHC
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

I can't believe they're replacing H2 with "Viceland."

The synopsis of the new station is: "Viceland will focus on lifestyle-oriented documentary and reality series aimed towards millenials..."

I guess once you get past 40 years of age, they don't care about what your television interests are.

I've never seen such an all-out war/hatred against the older generation in earlier years, not only in the entertainment field, but in other aspects of society as well. It's like living in a "Logan's Run" society.

• Like 3

I can't believe they're replacing H2 with "Viceland."

The synopsis of the new station is: "Viceland will focus on lifestyle-oriented documentary and reality series aimed towards millenials..."

I guess once you get past 40 years of age, they don't care about what your television interests are.

I've never seen such an all-out war/hatred against the older generation in earlier years, not only in the entertainment field, but in other aspects of society as well. It's like living in a "Logan's Run" society.

It's been like that for a while, but it's gotten worse. I'm in my very early forties, but the bopper culture makes me feel like I'm in my very early eighties. Also, there are more smug and snide comments made about relatively older people than there were in the past, and the endless parade of prostate ads don't help. I don't remember this "you're past your prime, pops" attitude when I was in high school.

• Like 2

I don't remember this "you're past your prime, pops" attitude when I was in high school.

I couldn't agree with you more.

And I'm sure you realize that the age discrimination in hiring that's going on now is going to continue until this younger crowd reaches our age. Then they'll whine at the top of their lungs, "They're discriminating against me because of my age, do something about it!!!"

• Like 1

Just turned on the boob tube and switched through the channels. Completely forgot that H2 is now Viceland (sounds like a cop channel). The show that was on was Gaycation.....um, yeah. Shut the TV off and went to read a book. Will look into seeing if I can get the channel removed from my lineup. In fact, I will do that with lots of channels. No need in having them if I'm never, ever going to watch them.

• Like 2

Aw no more boring re-hashed ww2 info? Whatever will the boring people do??

Apparently Destination America will soon be changing their name as well, rebranding as an all-paranormal network. No idea what the new name will be or when it will happen

Aw no more boring re-hashed ww2 info? Whatever will the boring people do??

You should probably educate yourself on the subject matter of the thread before posting in ignorance like that. Just a heads up.

• Like 1

Apparently Destination America will soon be changing their name as well, rebranding as an all-paranormal network. No idea what the new name will be or when it will happen

That would be more accurate of them, I guess.

Just turned on the boob tube and switched through the channels. Completely forgot that H2 is now Viceland (sounds like a cop channel). The show that was on was Gaycation.....um, yeah. Shut the TV off and went to read a book. Will look into seeing if I can get the channel removed from my lineup. In fact, I will do that with lots of channels. No need in having them if I'm never, ever going to watch them.

I'm jealous. We can't customize our selections. We have two or three packages. We can't delete channels that we don't watch.

I'm jealous. We can't customize our selections. We have two or three packages. We can't delete channels that we don't watch.

Well, last evening, my wife informed me that we can't, unless we pick different "packages", all of which but one are more expensive than what we have now. And all but one contains even more channels. Well, back to the good old-fashioned ignoring the content. I just don't want to pay for what I'm not going to watch.

• Like 2

Well, last evening, my wife informed me that we can't, unless we pick different "packages", all of which but one are more expensive than what we have now. And all but one contains even more channels. Well, back to the good old-fashioned ignoring the content. I just don't want to pay for what I'm not going to watch.

I miss most new dramas and sitcoms. I'm completely out of the loop. This is nothing new for me. I've been this way since 2005.

Fortunately I'm a TV junkie, so I watch quite a few different channels.

You should probably educate yourself on the subject matter of the thread before posting in ignorance like that. Just a heads up.

Lol. It's called a joke.

Just a heads up, you may want to have that stick removed from *you know where*.

Lol.

Lol. It's called a joke.

You mean: "NOW it's called a joke, since I was called out on it." Okay, I can let it go with that.

Lol.

Meh. I guess if you hadn't gaffed earlier, you wouldn't lash out at me this way. So I'll let that go as well.

Thorvir was stranded in a huge forest. For some crazy reason, there were no leaves. He chose between a stick and a stone. His proctologist removed the former.

Thorvir was stranded in a huge forest. For some crazy reason, there were no leaves. He chose between a stick and a stone. His proctologist removed the former.

Careful now....it was actually a park in a city, not a forest. If you're going to try to make a funny and stick up for the losers that confront me, do some research first.

• Like 1

Careful now....it was actually a park in a city, not a forest. If you're going to try to make a funny and stick up for the losers that confront me, do some research first.

You took it the wrong way. The doctor removed the stick, so you had no stick when you replied to him.

I don't know this guy or your other antagonists. Why would I insult someone I know?

• Like 2

You took it the wrong way. The doctor removed the stick, so you had no stick when you replied to him.

I don't know this guy or your other antagonists. Why would I insult someone I know?

Hey, I was just pointing out you got it wrong, that's all. It wasn't in a forest, it was in a city park. No proctologists in forests. At least none of the non-creepy kind.

Edited by Thorvir Hrothgaard
  • Like 1

No proctologists in forests. At least none of the non-creepy kind.

I don't know about that. Some of them might practice in more ways than one. Some "proctologists" and "urologists" practice in a local city park. They sometimes hire other professionals to help them.

• Like 1

I don't know about that. Some of them might practice in more ways than one. Some "proctologists" and "urologists" practice in a local city park. They sometimes hire other professionals to help them.

I stand corrected then. :)

(I'd sit corrected but it's still sore...)

Edited by Thorvir Hrothgaard
  • Like 1

I stand corrected then. :)

(I'd sit corrected but it's still sore...)

I won't ask. What happens in Thorvir, stays in Thorvir (to borrow a phrase).

• Like 1

It is claimed that all of the H2 shows are moving to H1. So those wacky, reality-show wannabes will still be available. According to their own claims.

Besides, bad TV is bad TV, no matter which channel it's on.

Nah H1 is all reallity tv now,they moved all H2 shows over to AHC (American Heroes Channel) check if you have it it's all the same material from H2 :tu:

• Like 2

Nah H1 is all reallity tv now,they moved all H2 shows over to AHC (American Heroes Channel) check if you have it it's all the same material from H2 :tu:

AHC used to be The Military Channel. Yes, when it became AHC (and just before), it started being used for History Channel and H2 run off chaff.

Thank goodness for Netflix. For now.

• Like 1