Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

History 2 channel going away (Feb. 29th)

Mister No Name

AHC used to be The Military Channel. Yes, when it became AHC (and just before), it started being used for History Channel and H2 run off chaff.

Thank goodness for Netflix. For now.

They share recycled scenes and shows. They try to make old programs look like new programs by repackaging them. There isn't much new content on most cable channels. It's cheaper that way.

• Like 1

Yep, Dish network got rid of H2 and lied to me about it when I asked why. They said it was an engineering/software screw up. Liars! Anyway, we now have the Smithsonian channel on 367.

• Like 1

Smithsonian Channel. Any good?

I never watched it before. But I checked out the guide after I saw Wreck7's post.

Looks like they have some interesting programs. I have already set my DVR to record a few.

• Like 2

I never watched it before. But I checked out the guide after I saw Wreck7's post.

Looks like they have some interesting programs. I have already set my DVR to record a few.

Well, it's not offered on my satellite package, so I'll check into it when I get the chance.

It sounds good to me. Let's just hope that they don't air a "Night at the Museum" marathon.

• Like 1

I do wish they had an actual history channel that talked about actual history, and something other than just World War II history...The best way to learn about history is still to read about it. Sometimes I'm not in a reading mood tho, I just want to sit around...

• Like 2

The History channel should play shows about history. Kinda odd that History2 actually did this and is now gone. If you are going to label a channel something it should be about what you name it.

Edited by Zalmoxis
  • Like 1

The History channel should play shows about history. Kinda odd that History2 actually did this and is now gone. If you are going to label a channel something it should be about what you name it.

I couldn't agree more! I blame MTV for this.

Why do you blame MTV for this?

Read the last sentence in your other post. It's #58.