Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man sells bottles of air to smog-hit China

UM-Bot

A British businessman has come up with a novel new way to make money by selling bottles of fresh air.

China's big cities have been plagued by crippling amounts of pollution in recent years - so much so in fact that some of its wealthier citizens have taken to importing fresh air from other countries.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...-smog-hit-china

• Like 1

Good God, does the unethical rape of people's money never cease?

Now, a portable or home air-purifier I can see, but "bottled, non-compressed fresh air"?

What will it last with breathing? About 1-second?

What a total scam.

• Like 1

Now, a portable or home air-purifier I can see, but "bottled, non-compressed fresh air"?

What will it last with breathing? About 1-second?

What a total scam.

Its shocking, people are selling cheap tat to China. :whistle:

• Like 2

I keep thinking of a way to make money off people's stupidity, but ironically I'm too stupid to think of anything and others are beating me to the punch.

I keep thinking of a way to make money off people's stupidity, but ironically I'm too stupid to think of anything and others are beating me to the punch.

I suspect that your inability isn't because you're not creative; rather that you have personal ethics.

• Like 1

Is he forcing people to buy it?
  • Like 3

No.

I use the word "rape" wisely.

For example, sexually accosting a 10-yr old female by an adult 30-yr old male, regardless of whatever, is considered rape.

The victim in that case does not have the mental maturity to understand.

Similarly, in my opinion, preying on uneducated adults using sham methods (as in this case with bottled air), is emotional and financial rape.

The victim is NEVER told that the bottled air last for a mere 1-second, thus imparting no actual sustained medical benefit.

But if you buy MORE bottles, more, more, more, more, more, more...

SCAM, financial rape.

An air purifier I would go with. But sure as hell not this.

One of the classic ethical debates haha

Its shocking, people are selling cheap tat to China. :whistle:

Thats karma in action for you :D

• Like 1

@pallidin Then all business endeavors are rape if you put it in that context. These chinese have done far worse "raping" their own people and environment (and of other nations) for money.

Canadian guy did this last year afaik. The can lasts for a few hundred breaths. It has been indemand since. So im not surprised if a competitor walks in. Sell portable air purifiers made by cheap chinese labor for more rape.

Edited by jpjoe

@pallidin Then all business endeavors are rape if you put it in that context. These chinese have done far worse "raping" their own people and environment (and of other nations) for money.

I may be wrong, but I think pallidin did mean it on a global scale and not just China.....there are a lot of folks out to scam anyone who is not wised up.

As for China "raping" other nations for money...hmmm. half agree, half do not. The greedy western businesses who were happy to make their own people redundant because they could get a product a quarter of the price and in many cases a quarter of the quality, are equally "raping" their own people. I have seen over the years many people lose their jobs because the companies they worked for took their business to China, the owners do not give a damn about their workforce......just as scammers do not give a damn who they scam.

China have a problem with their pollution, they are manufacturing at enormous amounts for the increase in the demands from = the west. Do the western businesses care if China are polluting themselves? no, not as long as they get their cheap goods and make their big profits.

Its a sad state of affairs and there are only a handful of winners.

Do the western businesses care if China are polluting themselves? no, not as long as they get their cheap goods and make their big profits.

and let's call this "self-prostituion"

• Like 1

and let's call this "self-prostituion"

Not sure who selling themselves out first, both sides are trading at a cost which affects the "little" people.

I remember the London 2012 and the official souvenirs where made in China...I bought none of it and was pretty disgusted...do we blame the Chinese for making it or do we blame the English for requesting them to?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2096215/Olympic-sell-91-London-2012-souvenirs-abroad-thirds-coming-China.html

do we blame the Chinese for making it or do we blame the English for requesting them to?

I bet there were other countries who placed bids to manufacture those. The only difference is that chinese are willing to sacrifice more for money. And they arent even that poor compared to other third worlds, just greedy.

• Like 1

I bet there were other countries who placed bids to manufacture those. The only difference is that chinese are willing to sacrifice more for money. And they arent even that poor compared to other third worlds, just greedy.

They are greedy because there is so many of them...our excuse for making our own people redundant and taking the businesses abroad is ....well, just pure greed.

The whole world is greedy, that's mankind for you, we can not be surprised at that. :no:

Edited by freetoroam

They are greedy because there is so many of them...our excuse for making our own people redundant and taking the businesses abroad is ....well, just pure greed.

The whole world is greedy, that's mankind for you, we can not be surprised at that. :no:

china's greed is worse than mankind's. No racist, just truth. Traditional chinese superstitions on making money is comparable to isis' teachings, both delusional and destructive.

Ive seen first hand how chinese women would sell their unborns to scrupulous restaurants. Burn their own dying business for insurance, even it means inadvertedly burning down their neighbors' houses. The things you see in the media are just the tip of the iceberg once you live and see the inner workings of these people.

Edited by jpjoe

hey China people...join a sub aqua club...learn to scuba dive....youre GIVEN a bottle of gas for the swim/training....

Oh and on that subject......THEY ALREADY HAVE BOTTLES OF breathable gas..... Doh! :yes::cry:

I use the word "rape" wisely.

For example, sexually accosting a 10-yr old female by an adult 30-yr old male, regardless of whatever, is considered rape.

The victim in that case does not have the mental maturity to understand.

Similarly, in my opinion, preying on uneducated adults using sham methods (as in this case with bottled air), is emotional and financial rape.

The victim is NEVER told that the bottled air last for a mere 1-second, thus imparting no actual sustained medical benefit.

But if you buy MORE bottles, more, more, more, more, more, more...

SCAM, financial rape.

An air purifier I would go with. But sure as hell not this.

And many of us aren't honestly told what's in the products that we buy, or what real benefits or non-benefits they might have.

Everything these days can be sold with lies on it, or dishonesty.

Maybe I can sell bottled farts.....old coke bottles, plastic, farted in and sealed quickly....

Market them as " Get your over stayed guests to leave"...or...."For when you want to remember youthful summers, spent in the meadows, with the real smell of cow pooh"

Good grief - selling clean air in a bottle ? - what a load of ****

Forget the idiot trying to sell it - you'd be MORE of an idiot trying to buy it.

• Like 3