Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NFL 2016

BrooklynGuy

A few thoughts on the game last night.

Bum Phillips son Wade is a great defensive coach and game planner, they didn't let Newton breath.

I was disappointed to see Cam Newton's behavior at the press conference but not surprised, he is an immature young man with exceptional talent. I think losing this game will humble him and make him a better player and teammate going forward.

I sincerely hope that Peyton Manning retires now, I know these guys have trouble walking away from the game but he really needs to imo.

Eli Manning's response or lack of one to his Brother's win was odd.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Halftime show and Lady Gaga's rendition of the National Anthem was moving. Nothing standouts with the commercials except the ultrasound Doritos spot.

• Like 5

A few thoughts on the game last night.

Bum Phillips son Wade is a great defensive coach and game planner, they didn't let Newton breath.

I was disappointed to see Cam Newton's behavior at the press conference but not surprised, he is an immature young man with exceptional talent. I think losing this game will humble him and make him a better player and teammate going forward.

I sincerely hope that Peyton Manning retires now, I know these guys have trouble walking away from the game but he really needs to imo.

Eli Manning's response or lack of one to his Brother's win was odd.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Halftime show and Lady Gaga's rendition of the National Anthem was moving. Nothing standouts with the commercials except the ultrasound Doritos spot.

While I agree it was somewhat disappointing to see cam walk off like that it really was a smart move on his part. Better to say nothing at all and let them think youre an ass than open your mouth and prove it to them right?

I want to add that people who are beating cam up for not jumping on that fumble are clearly too far removed from actual physical activity. Cam didnt not jump on the ball because he didnt want to get hurt. He was pursuing the ball and the defender stopped its momentum which meant cam was too close to the ball to jump on it. He had to back up.

Denver's D is amazing , if somewhat raideresque in their demeanor.

• Like 3

I don't know about anyone else but they have been showing highlights of the game with the Spanish crew calling it and it was way more entertaining hahaha

Talk about showing excitement lmao

• Like 2

@ CK, what did you think about Cam's presser comments?

He acted like a big baby,someone should have gave him a bottle lol

But i can see after all the questioning for two straight weeks why one isn't in the mood to talk after a big loss like that meh

Doesn't change my view on the guy he's still one of the best in the game,really it's amazing they made it to the SB!Their O line at the start of the season was considered one of the worst in the NFL and their WR's are really not top level and Denvers D really made them play to their level last night...

• Like 2

He acted like a big baby,someone should have gave him a bottle lol

But i can see after all the questioning for two straight weeks why one isn't in the mood to talk after a big loss like that meh

Doesn't change my view on the guy he's still one of the best in the game,really it's amazing they made it to the SB!Their O line at the start of the season was considered one of the worst in the NFL and their WR's are really not top level and Denvers D really made them play to their level last night...

I'm so glad you didn't make me say it! I didn't want to p*** you off. LOL

I thought he was very unprofessional and unsportsmanlike. If it would have been Manning or even Brady, he would have given props to the other team...but no! He caused quite an uproar didn't he? I'm not a Twitter guy but I saw where he got slammed from everybody. I don't think I saw anyone condone his actions.

Well, he still has some maturing to do, that's for sure. I thought he acted like a petulant child.

Now, having said all that, please don't hate me! LOL :unsure2:

• Like 2

Nah bud no hate here lol :tu:

I think Farmer said it best about why he probably did the right thing by walking out...

Honestly the thing i hate most about that loss was the Panthers D played more than good enough to win that game!

• Like 2

Nah bud no hate here lol :tu:

I think Farmer said it best about why he probably did the right thing by walking out...

Honestly the thing i hate most about that loss was the Panthers D played more than good enough to win that game!

Not sure how much was due to Panthers D and how because the Bronco's have no O. Peyton can't throw the ball deep, or really even intermediate, any longer. The Panthers D dropped almost as many passes as their WR's!

I'm thinking I might retire to Gobler's Knob TX for the off season. :yes:

• Like 3

Not sure how much was due to Panthers D and how because the Bronco's have no O. Peyton can't throw the ball deep, or really even intermediate, any longer. The Panthers D dropped almost as many passes as their WR's!

Peyton actually hit a few good passes in that game,i was actually suprised they had some zip on'em...Not exactly Prime Peyton but he did enough not to lose the game for them.

Without the two D td's by (may aswell say the 2nd was defensive aswell with how close they put the Offense) Carolina held Denver to 3 fg's which would have the score 10-9...Yeah they dropped some int chances but were still good enough to win.

Sounds crazy but i think Cam defending his actions and admiting he's a sore loser was much better than trying to spin it and grovel to the media for forgiveness...As one former NFL player said so many people have disliked him for every move he's made in the past this one way or the other wasn't going to change that no matter what.And he was correct!

I was just glad he was respectful and nice to "The Sheriff" lol,that would have made me look at the whole situation differently if he wasn't.

Anyone see the Conan O'brian spoof? :lol:

• Like 2

Peyton actually hit a few good passes in that game,i was actually suprised they had some zip on'em...Not exactly Prime Peyton but he did enough not to lose the game for them.

Without the two D td's by (may aswell say the 2nd was defensive aswell with how close they put the Offense) Carolina held Denver to 3 fg's which would have the score 10-9...Yeah they dropped some int chances but were still good enough to win.

Sounds crazy but i think Cam defending his actions and admiting he's a sore loser was much better than trying to spin it and grovel to the media for forgiveness...As one former NFL player said so many people have disliked him for every move he's made in the past this one way or the other wasn't going to change that no matter what.And he was correct!

I was just glad he was respectful and nice to "The Sheriff" lol,that would have made me look at the whole situation differently if he wasn't.

Anyone see the Conan O'brian spoof? :lol:

Hell my ex used to say that I was a bad loser and a worse winner, but I didn't act like a petulant child.

But enough of Cam. The important thing is that the Falcon's aren't the only team in the NFC South that doesn't have a SB ring!!

• Like 1

I'm still walking on air here.

"Panthers are going to blow them out! Cam is just too good!"

HAHA

OMG I love it.

• Like 3

Just keep rubbing salt in the wound there ZZ... :lol:

Alls i need now is for that modern day Eddie Haskell (Iron Lotus) to come and post a few gifs to make my misery complete hahaha

• Like 2

^ It's all good pal, you know how it is :tsu:

ETA: Eddie Haskell :lol:

Edited by ZZ430
  • Like 2

Anyone hearing anything about MLFB? Apparently there is an 8 team league set up to play from April to July.

https://en.wikipedia...League_Football

From what I gathered it is something like a development league for guys that didn't make an NFL roster.

OH :huh: another failed "semi-pro" sports league. :mellow: They want to be another success like Arena football which is second-tier. I betcha high school football games will have more fans than this upcoming league.

Heard about something like this years back but never heard anything become of it...

• Like 1

Anyone hearing anything about MLFB? Apparently there is an 8 team league set up to play from April to July.

https://en.wikipedia...League_Football

From what I gathered it is something like a development league for guys that didn't make an NFL roster.

Not really, but when I first read that I thought you posted "MILF". :whistle:

Shows where my mind is at. :lol:

Edited by ZZ430
  • Like 3

That's fine, but what about WRs?

Coleman from Baylor in particular. :tu:

http://www.nfl.com/d...eman?id=2555333

Reading that they make him sound like a bum off the street! :td:

Typical. I remember it seeming like every time Mark Ingram's name was brought up they mentioned that his father was in jail.

He won't care in a couple of months as he laugh's his way to the bank!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...