Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NFL 2016

BrooklynGuy

Yeah when i think of a guy like Kevin Green being snubbed over and and over again finally getting in after his long wait with the career he had i just can't see putting tillman in first ballot just because...

Honorary for sure!

Hey ZZ there are some prelim fights on fs1 tonight if ya feel like watching and talking a lil smack lol,also as soon as they end there are some NHRA drag races on the same channel (I know ya like drag racing lol) :tu:

Sounds cool, yes, i do have a drag racing conflict, but they may get rained out. Damn east coast weather :whistle:

I would like to share in some smack talk! :gun:

• Like 3

Cam newton jumps fence and plays ball with middle schoolers : http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl-news/4703052-cam-newton-kids-playground-football-davidson-photos-dab

Have to admit ive got a man-crush on the dude. I wanna be THAT when i grow up!

• Like 3

Cams the man Farmer!

Yeah the moments right after the SB werent his finest but as an athlete and competitor i understand completely why he acted the way he acted...Really the post game press conferences at major sporting events need some changes.

Cam and Russel Wilson will be the new generation of Peyton vs Brady i really believe that.

Being a Auburn fan Cam can never really lose my respect,i saw what that dude can/will do to win and his Hiesman season numbers say all but that the team he was on wasn't that great and he still won them a Natty!

Even outside of football he's a good dude :tu:

• Like 3

Ok so there's a big hubbub brewing about Pat Tillman. Christ Collingsworth tweeted that if it were his choice Pat Tillman would have been a first ballot hall of famer. Peter King responded with a simple tweet - not mine - and the sports world collectively gasped as if he had just crapped on Paul Browns grave.

I don't think Tillman was a hall of famer, probably WOULD have been but he chose to walk away.

Whats your guys' takes?

I'm okay with a special induction like others have said, but I am generally not a fan of those types of things. The sacrifice really had nothing to do with the NFL and everything to do with serving his country. The guy should be in a HOF, but not the NFL HOF. But if he was, I wouldn't make a fuss about it.

• Like 6

I'm okay with a special induction like others have said, but I am generally not a fan of those types of things. The sacrifice really had nothing to do with the NFL and everything to do with serving his country. The guy should be in a HOF, but not the NFL HOF. But if he was, I wouldn't make a fuss about it.

I feel the same. Wouldn't bother me either way.

I feel different than some people about the HOF. I think it should take into account more than just stats.

Take Terrell Owens for instance. Stats show he is a shoe in.

But those of us who watched know that he had a negative affect on his teams. The distractions. The constant complaining. He would bully the QB into targeting him more which led to many INT's. Never won a Superbowl. Only got to the Superbowl because he was injured and didn't play in the post season. Until the Superbowl, which they lost. It's been like that throughout his career. Look at that Superbowl run. He didn't play the first 2 playoff games. McNabb had passer rating over 111 both games. He comes back and the passer rating goes down under 75.

• Like 3

Bradford tells Eagles trade me, wont show up to offseason workouts : https://www.instagram.com/p/BEoNXKKDEcl/?sf24995804=1

Mr. Bradford I believe Mr. Elway is on line one.

• Like 2

Whatever happened to Colin Kaepernick being available? Are the 49rs going to keep him now?

I thought he was Denvers top choice.

Bradford would be a good choice too.

• Like 1

Whatever happened to Colin Kaepernick being available? Are the 49rs going to keep him now?

I thought he was Denvers top choice.

Bradford would be a good choice too.

He wouldnt take a pay cut to go to Denver . Plus I think that Kelley really wants him there in his system.

Tom Brady's suspension has been reinstated : http://edition.cnn.com/2016/04/25/us/nfl-wins-deflategate-appeal-tom-brady-suspension/index.html

And of course his first game will be against the Browns. WTF did the team do to make the league hate them. Already underdogs in all their games NOW they have to face a p***ed off Tom Brady in week 5 ?? UGGGGGG

• Like 1

You know, today I was thinking "I can't wait for weeks of debate about the Patriots and Tom Brady." Seriously, the NFL needs to let it go.

• Like 4

You know, today I was thinking "I can't wait for weeks of debate about the Patriots and Tom Brady." Seriously, the NFL needs to let it go.

As much as I dislike the Patsies I agree, this HAS TO STOP. I've sworn off ESPN Radio completely now, I just can't stomach the drivel any longer and the thousands of hours of coming analysis of this inanity just reinforces my decision. Can't imagine anything I want to hear less than greenie pontificating for weeks about this. I hate that guy. Getting nauseous just thinking about it.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 4

Yep all off season it's seems as if all talk will be about brady in the pros and Harbaugh whining about satelite camps in college...

Hell maybe the draft will give us a good story or few to talk about instead!

• Like 2

Or maybe Brady should just take his punishment like a man. He cheated, got caught. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time!!

• Like 1

Or maybe Brady should just take his punishment like a man. He cheated, got caught. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time!!

What he did is not uncommon. Brad Johnson paid ball boys to alter the footballs in the SB he won. What was his punishment for that?

What he did is not uncommon. Brad Johnson paid ball boys to alter the footballs in the SB he won. What was his punishment for that?

So since Jack the Ripper was never found and punished we shouldn't search for any serial killers? I'm sure that some people cheated in school and never got caught. Should cheating be accepted now?

Just because someone may have gotten away with something doesn't mean everyone should now get away with the same thing.

• Like 2

What he did is not uncommon.

Maybe not uncommon, but still cheating.

• Like 2

I heard some Pats fans crying buckets of tears today on TV.

"Stop being so jealous and let him play!" Hahaha. "Jealous"? ROFL

They are losers just like their team. There!...I said it! I'm so jealous I laughed my ass off when he got creamed by the Broncos D!

Go Broncos! (World champs 2015)

• Like 5

So since Jack the Ripper was never found and punished we shouldn't search for any serial killers? I'm sure that some people cheated in school and never got caught. Should cheating be accepted now?

Just because someone may have gotten away with something doesn't mean everyone should now get away with the same thing.

Maybe not uncommon, but still cheating.

I am for equal punishment. And Brad Johnson didn't get away with it. Him doing that was the reason the NFL made stricter rules about how balls were handled during the game.

Also, why were the Colts so quick to nab one of their footballs in the game last year? Kind of fishy isn't it? The fact of the matter is that over the last couple of years it has been proven that teams have broken rules, from tampering by KC, to the cell phones by the Browns, to pumping crowd noise into the speakers by the Falcons.

My team is guilty of things and so is yours. But people only make a big deal about it when it is Tom Brady.

Want to see how your favorite team has cheated? Check it out here...

http://yourteamcheats.com/

Here is one by the SB champs...

Crampgate (2015) flag.png

TEAM: The Denver Broncos

SEVERITY:2-cameras.png

SUMMARY: Reported Michael David Smith of Pro Football Talk, during the December 13, 2015 Raiders-Broncos regular season football game, an Oakland pass along the sideline was ruled a completion, but Denver thought the receiver failed to get both feet inbounds. The Broncos wanted to have time to check the replay and throw the challenge flag as the Raiders were lining up to run the next play, so Broncos linebacker Von Miller did the one thing a player can always do to get the officials to halt the game: he faked that he was injured.

Specifically, Miller flopped to the ground, holding his leg. It was such a bad acting job that announcer Dan Fouts, who was calling the game on CBS, immediately called it out as a fake injury. But it had its desired effect: the officials stopped the game for Miller’s “injury,” and the Broncos successfully challenged the play.

VICTIM: Oakland Raiders

PUNISHED? No but ... it's more probable than not that this was cheating

PUNISHMENT: Said Pro Football Talk: "some people laugh that stuff off as gamesmanship, but the fact is that it’s cheating. And it’s a particularly insidious kind of cheating because it exploits the NFL’s player safety rules, which say that a game must be stopped when a player is hurt."

SUMMARY: Reported Michael David Smith of Pro Football Talk, during the December 13, 2015 Raiders-Broncos regular season football game, an Oakland pass along the sideline was ruled a completion, but Denver thought the receiver failed to get both feet inbounds. The Broncos wanted to have time to check the replay and throw the challenge flag as the Raiders were lining up to run the next play, so Broncos linebacker Von Miller did the one thing a player can always do to get the officials to halt the game: he faked that he was injured.

Specifically, Miller flopped to the ground, holding his leg. It was such a bad acting job that announcer Dan Fouts, who was calling the game on CBS, immediately called it out as a fake injury. But it had its desired effect: the officials stopped the game for Miller’s “injury,” and the Broncos successfully challenged the play.

VICTIM: Oakland Raiders

PUNISHED? No but ... it's more probable than not that this was cheating

PUNISHMENT: Said Pro Football Talk: "some people laugh that stuff off as gamesmanship, but the fact is that it’s cheating. And it’s a particularly insidious kind of cheating because it exploits the NFL’s player safety rules, which say that a game must be stopped when a player is hurt."

So the officials blew the call and the Broncos cheated?

That's rich.

Edit: Yeah, and Dan Fouts has such an illustrious Super Bowl record....LOL...0 for 0.

Edited by ZZ430
  • Like 1

So everyone else is doing it so it is OK?

Once again, I said I am about equal punishment. My issue is not about what he did or did not do, the issue, and the court case, is about excessive punishment and the overreaching power of the Comish. If you want to argue that the NFL botched the court case by not having the "deflators" testify, fine. The point is Goodell made a ruling on "more likely than not." In the courts that would never hold up. The issue is Goodell was giving that kind of power in the collective bargaining agreement.

So the officials blew the call and the Broncos cheated?

That's rich.

Edit: Yeah, and Dan Fouts has such an illustrious Super Bowl record....LOL...0 for 0.

That is exactly the issue I have. When another team does something, people like you laugh at off. I don't see how Fouts SB record comes into play. Besides, we don't need proof, only that it is "more likely than not."

This whole thing comes down to people not liking Brady. THAT is my issue. Why aren't you upset with any of the other issues?

You know, I wish Teddy would just deflate some footballs so the Vikings could finely win a SB. I just want to see one in my life.

KevinGrimmie, didn't you post a "goodbye" thread some time back?

• Like 1

Once again, I said I am about equal punishment. My issue is not about what he did or did not do, the issue, and the court case, is about excessive punishment and the overreaching power of the Comish. If you want to argue that the NFL botched the court case by not having the "deflators" testify, fine. The point is Goodell made a ruling on "more likely than not." In the courts that would never hold up. The issue is Goodell was giving that kind of power in the collective bargaining agreement.

That is exactly the issue I have. When another team does something, people like you laugh at off. I don't see how Fouts SB record comes into play. Besides, we don't need proof, only that it is "more likely than not."

This whole thing comes down to people not liking Brady. THAT is my issue. Why aren't you upset with any of the other issues?

You know, I wish Teddy would just deflate some footballs so the Vikings could finely win a SB. I just want to see one in my life.

And yet that is the power that the NFLPA agreed to. Sorry, but if you sign an collective bargaining agreement that gives the commish that power you can't turn and and cry when he uses it. The NE Cheaters should be stripped of their franchise, Brady should miss four games, Belicheat should be hit with a Show Cause order for 5 years, and Kraft should be forced to sell. They could move to London and be the Ex-Pats!

• Like 2