Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Titanic sails again, version 2

seeder

No ticket for me thanks....

The Titanic sails again: Inside the lavish £300million replica of doomed ocean liner, which is due to set sail in 2018

Planned by Blue Star Line, the Titanic II will stick to the incredible detail of the original ship which sank in 1912

Titanic II's launch has been pushed back to 2018, with a maiden voyage planned from Jiangsu, China, to Dubai

Amenities include a small swimming pool, Turkish baths, a gym with Edwardian equipment and a squash court

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3440405/Titanic-replica-photos-compare-original-ship.html#ixzz3zne3NhWN

• Like 2

So this shady "entrepeneur" still claims to be pressing ahead with this scam scheme, then? And why does he call it Blue Star Line? Does he not know that Blue Star Line was a highly respected British hipping company that was nothing at all to do with the Titanic?

• Like 2

Palmer announced the project in 2012, when he told reporters Titanic II would be built at the CSC Jinling Shipyard in China.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3440405/Titanic-replica-photos-compare-original-ship.html#ixzz3znhhI6uZ

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I remember when I saw this in 2012.....and was saddened that it was being made in China. Even if it is a replica (somewhat) it should not be allowed to be called the Titanic if not built in Belfast.

You can not call champagne, champagne if it does not come from the region!

• Like 3

Palmer announced the project in 2012, when he told reporters Titanic II would be built at the CSC Jinling Shipyard in China.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz3znhhI6uZ

I remember when I saw this in 2012.....and was saddened that it was being made in China. Even if it is a replica (somewhat) it should not be allowed to be called the Titanic if not built in Belfast.

they could always call it 'Thai Tanic' :lol: or Chai Tanic..... china is the master at fake names..... :whistle:

Edited by seeder
  • Like 5

they could always call it 'Thai Tanic' :lol: or Chai Tanic..... china is the master at fake names..... :whistle:

Wonder if they will be replacing the lifeboats with car tyres......might as well adapt with the times, seeing as they got a robot on board.

• Like 1

I suppose a mod should merge these 2.

http://www.unexplain...topic=226358= titanic&st=0

why? Thats an old thread... 4 years old

So this shady "entrepeneur" still claims to be pressing ahead with this scam scheme, then? And why does he call it Blue Star Line? Does he not know that Blue Star Line was a highly respected British hipping company that was nothing at all to do with the Titanic?

Well, the Blue Star Line is a known operator, now whether this Titanic thingy actually has something to do with it is very doubtful as nowadays it belongs to P&O (and does not sail under that name anymore). Then there is Blue Star Ferries, a Greek company that will also have something against their name be used.

• Like 1

Well, the Blue Star Line is a known operator, now whether this Titanic thingy actually has something to do with it is very doubtful as nowadays it belongs to P&O (and does not sail under that name anymore). Then there is Blue Star Ferries, a Greek company that will also have something against their name be used.

Yes, exactly. Blue star Line (the original) had nothing whatever to do with White Star Line, who merged with Cunard, and yes, I daresay those currently trading under the name might have something to say,.

I'll only buy a ticket if Kate Winslet is aboard

• Like 1

I'll only buy a ticket if Kate Winslet is aboard

and willing to let you sketch her?

• Like 2

It all looks very grand! and is a very ambitious undertaking if it ever takes off.

Yet there is still some uncertainty as to whether the controversial ship will ever be built.

I wonder if it will be popular or if too much superstition will get in the way of its success. On the whole I think it's a good idea. I wouldn't mind having a look around when/if it's finished but that's as far as my interest goes.

• Like 1

One thing is for sure, I'm not going on its maiden voyage. :innocent:

• Like 2

I really like this idea. I think it's gonna be a big hit. Long lost luxury with modern safety.

• Like 1

I really like this idea. I think it's gonna be a big hit. Long lost luxury with modern safety.

And as unsinkable as V1.0

• Like 1

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz3znhhI6uZ

I wouldn't do this anyway, because it seems like cashing in on a horrible disaster is tasteless, but to think that it's being made in China? That's the very last ship I'd ever step one toe on.

There was a fire recently in New Jersey where the apartments went up like paper. Guess where the materials for the apartment were manufactured? China.

I don't buy anything made in China, unless I have absolutely no other choice.

Found this: https://www.yahoo.com/travel/pictures-of-the-new-titanic-replica-you-have-to-185839817.html

Edited by MJNYC
  • Like 1

Not to knock Clive Palmer as hes definetely done well for himself here in Qld... but Im so unsure on this as a business model. Will be great to see but I fear it will be something people want to see rather than sail on. And they are planning on rather high priced first class tickets. I think it needs to be remembered its not 1912 and people go on ships for cruises now not to get from a to b and they will very easily price themselves out of their market. I would love to see this work but I think it could very easily go the way of the great eastern.

• Like 1

Put-in a fake iceberg, call an fake emergency, have all ticket patrons scramble, claw and fight their way to the lifeboats... now we're talking.

Edited by pallidin

I'd like to check it out, but as Gecks said they have to be careful with pricing because a high price is a major turn off even for a chance to ride on a neat boat like this.

Edited by MySummerJob

I have to laugh at everyone who is saying it's a bad omen to be on a ship named after one that sunk. The first ship I served on when I first enlisted in the navy was the HMCS Athabaskan, and it was the third ship named Athabaskan. The first was sunk in WWII from friendly fire, and the second one had a mutiny during the Korean war. Omens don't mean much. :P

Titanic II seems pretty tasteless in all honesty, but who am I to judge? It's been over one hundred years since the tragedy.

• Like 1

The most surprising thing about this is that it is actually being built.

Smart move. it will be packed. That is what Palmer is, a salesman. He tried politics and was a miserable failure, which was to be expected when he had Zali Burrows in his party, a nasty piece of work, and what many see as the ISIS lawyer of Australia.

• Like 1

I'd like to check it out, but as Gecks said they have to be careful with pricing because a high price is a major turn off even for a chance to ride on a neat boat like this.

Hardly, he'd obviously be looking at the top end of the market that routinely pays in the thousands of dollars for a top-of-the-range suite. He's hardly going to be trying to attract thousands of steerage class passengers.