Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is there a God?

Roy Perry

God is just an idea, something wrapped into a nice little bundle of preconceived notions and emotions. Sure you can believe that's fine and all. It is just way to apparent that God doesn't care. Even if it exist it doesn't care about a single one of us. People just want to believe it does because if gives them a sense of security and control in a world where none really exist. So they'll look for validation to their belief. It's called confirmation bias. If god is love then god is just an emotion you've chosen to label. That's all there is to it.

i have so many questions but am sure they were asked here already a thousand times ... where do morals come from ? where does love come from ? how we know the things we know ? i could go on and on questioning ... what is the purpose to feel this security ? animals feel love and give love and humans do too ... explain love , yes ...where do emotions come from ? .....

Are you married and think marriage is sacred ?

Where did you marry ?

Did you exchange wedding vows , Rings etc ?

Do you love your spouse , children , Family , Friends ?

Do you believe in Core Morals ?

Do you cheat on your Spouse ?

Do you feel emotions ( anger , hurt , pain , compassion etc ) ?

Do you obey Rules ?

Do you or ever feel to murder anyone but dont because you think it is sociably unacceptable ?

Do you like to hurt people or animals physically or mentally ?

Do you lie ?

Do you believe you have a Soul ?

Do you live out your emotions ?

Did you lie in answering in any of these Questions ?

Do you have a conscious ?

Can you scientifically explain the existence of Love ?

Do you believe Babies have a consciousness ?

Are Values important to you ?

Do you believe in punishment ?

Do you believe in God ?

Science can explain why we do these things but can science tell where such traits come from ?

How we know the difference between right and wrong ?

How we get conscious knowledge ?

explain those to me pls if you may ...who teaches us ?

Edited by YA AMAR
  • Like 1

why doesnt it make sense ? is it forbidden for people to believe in god ? it is the right to choose , yes ? just as people take the right to either not believe or believe in something else ...so what doesnt make sense ?

It doesnt make sense to me either . What does this mean ?

" to believe not is also believe and to do is a believe ... rights of the mind and soul " .... your spelling , grammar and sentence structure, or lack of it, does not make what you mean clear to me.

• Like 1

Magic is just science not yet understood. To stone age man our science looks like magic. Maybe we're the primitives in regards to the "magic" of our origins.

Yet people take writings of men from the Bronze and Iron ages that's filled with blatant superstition as truth.

It doesnt make sense to me either . What does this mean ?

" to believe not is also believe and to do is a believe ... rights of the mind and soul " .... your spelling , grammar and sentence structure, or lack of it, does not make what you mean clear to me.

my first language is not english so excuse me please what i tried to say was that choosing to NOT believe in god is a believe also ...i have the right to use my mind and my soul to believe ... spelling grammar omg sorry ... my english is not perfect

• Like 1

i have so many questions but am sure they were asked here already a thousand times ... where do morals come from ? where does love come from ? how we know the things we know ? i could go on and on questioning ... what is the purpose to feel this security ? animals feel love and give love and humans do too ... explain love , yes ...where do emotions come from ? .....

Where did you marry ?

Do you obey Rules ?

Do you or ever feel to murder anyone but dont because you think it is sociably unacceptable ?

Do you lie ?

Do you believe in God ?

Science can explain why we do these things but can science tell where such traits come from ?

Science gives a much more rational, and most importantly evidence backed answer to most of your questions.

I suggest start watching documentaries by Richard Dawkins on Youtube as a starting point.

If you do not want to? Then that's the crux of the problem.

why not be polite and say '' can you rephrase pls '' not all people here are from english speaking countries ....there is a way to say things :yes:

• Like 1

my first language is not english so excuse me please what i tried to say was that choosing to NOT believe in god is a believe also ...i have the right to use my mind and my soul to believe ... spelling grammar omg sorry ... my english is not perfect

Do you choose not to believe in Zeus, or Leprechauns?

Edited by davros of skaro
  • Like 2

Now that's wishful thinking. I'd rather have an increase in empathy and sympathy.

In increase in intelligence will achieve the same results .... remember, I am specific in my definition of what I consider intelligence. I ascribe to the 4 fold model of Carlo Cippola ;

The Victim - they allow the benefit they have earned to be taken and used by the Bandit.

The Bandit - one who, with his actions, causes to other individuals losses for his own gains.

The Stupid - A stupid person is a person who causes losses to another person or to a group of persons while himself deriving no gain and even possibly incurring losses.

The Intelligent - They accrue benefit and gain for themselves by actions that also accrues benefit and gain for others .

http://harmful.cat-v...uman-stupidity/

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 1

Science gives a much more rational, and most importantly evidence backed answer to most of your questions.

I suggest start watching documentaries by Richard Dawkins on Youtube as a starting point.

If you do not want to? Then that's the crux of the problem.

i have watched Documentaries by RD ... at the end we choose what we want to believe in .... some choose not to believe in god and some do and other choose whatever way that suits them ... it is a freedom of choice , right ?

i have watched Documentaries by RD ... at the end we choose what we want to believe in .... some choose not to believe in god and some do and other choose whatever way that suits them ... it is a freedom of choice , right ?

Do you choose not to believe that the Moon is made of Cheese?

No matter how I answer any of your questions Ya Amar. You like so many others will tell me God did it. It's another fools errand that you've arranged for me.

As for those of us who do not believe in an imaginary being, we are the one's burned at the stake, we are the one's killed out of god's love. But this isn't god's love it's mans will. However I fail to see a difference anymore. It's all stupidity to me. God is just an excuse people need to do what they want. Your god is as dead as the old ones. There is no wrath of god, only mans. There are no miracles, only coincidences. God saves no one, people do. God does not heal the sick, people do. Yet only the foolish give god praise, taking way the honor earned by heroes. Do not thank god after you've had a successful surgery, thank the doctor. Thank those who do you good in life, be grateful that there are people who still have compassion. Do not thank god for these things, because god does not lift a finger for us. God is a product of our own fear and insecurity.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 2

No matter how I answer any of your questions Ya Amar. You like so many others will tell me God did it. It's another fools errand that you've arranged for me.

As for those of us who do not believe in an imaginary being, we are the one's burned at the stake, we are the one's killed out of god's love. But this isn't god's love it's mans will. However I fail to see a difference anymore. It's all stupidity to me. God is just an excuse people need to do what they want. Your god is as dead as the old ones. There is no wrath of god, only mans. There are no miracles, only coincidences. God saves no one, people do. God does not heal the sick, people do. Yet only the foolish give god praise, taking way the honor earned by heroes. Do not thank god after you've had a successful surgery, thank the doctor. Thank those who do you good in life, be grateful that there are people who still have compassion. Do not thank god for these things, because god does not lift a finger for us. God is a product of our own fear and insecurity.

it is your choice of thinking ... but to be honest with you , reading your posts i feel that you battle with yourself . i studied and am not a fool as much as some make me out to be . i have a degree and just because i have a certain language problem does not make me stupid . if you believe that God does not exist then so be it ... it doesnt bother me that people choose not to . this is about me and me alone and my life and my believes and to make sure that i strengthen my relationship with god ... my personal believes dont hurt anybody ... i dont run in other peoples face and purposely try and hurt their feelings because you never know what hides behind a person . Maybe their believe in God is all they have left that keeps them alive ...you dont know ... there are things we learn through studies and there are things we learn through out live they make and shape us ... but there are things that science cant explain

Yamar : " I have so many questions but am sure they were asked here already a thousand times ... where do morals come from ?

They form in a cultural feedback loop in the culture they are generated from - cycling between the individual superego and the group cultural mores and taboos. They cannot come from a single central source as cultures have very different moral systems.

This is a fact, the only way to deny it is to think your own culture and moral system is somehow superior to all others .

where does love come from ?

It is an emotional bonding triggered by internal chemicals that are released when one perceives ( often unconsciously) that another would make a good genetic match.

how we know the things we know ?

by cognition, observation, enactment , trial and error, being taught by others.

i could go on and on questioning ... what is the purpose to feel this security ?

To feel safe, established and able to continue on a culture and family line.

animals feel love and give love and humans do too ... explain love

Since you have not defined what you mean by it, I will offer the most general and basic explanation ; the two polarities of similar forces coming together to create energy. Its a Universal Principle .... some things 'need /'want' to come together ... they are 'built for each other ' ... like H2 and O

, yes ...where do emotions come from ? .....

the 'soul'

Yes, but this opens up what we both mean as 'sacred' , to me, it means 'for a special purpose'.

late 14c., past participle adjective from obsolete verb sacren "to make holy" (c. 1200), from Old French sacrer "consecrate, anoint, dedicate" (12c.) or directly from Latin sacrare "to make sacred, consecrate; hold sacred; immortalize; set apart, dedicate," from sacer (genitive sacri) "sacred, dedicated, holy, accursed," from Old Latin saceres, from PIE root *sak- "to sanctify." Buck groups it with Oscan sakrim, Umbrian sacra and calls it "a distinctive Italic group, without any clear outside connections." Related: Sacredness.

Nasalized form is sancire "make sacred, confirm, ratify, ordain." An Old English word for "sacred" was godcund. Sacred cow "object of Hindu veneration," is from 1891; figurative sense of "one who must not be criticized" is first recorded 1910, reflecting Western views of Hinduism. Sacred Heart "the heart of Jesus as an object of religious veneration" is from 1765.

"one who must not be criticized" - the wife ! :unsure2:

Where did you marry ?

Courthouse

I got a ring, she didnt , very simple basic vows.

:yes:

Yes.

Cheat ? Not according to the marriage contract.

Of course.

Do you obey Rules ?

? ? ? (weird question ) ... some I do, some I dont . I often cheat deliberately at cards , for fun.

No ( now what conclusion could you draw from that ! ... you need to work on your phrasing again ; I either never felt to murder anyone, or I did feel to do it but didnt stop . )

No.

Do you lie ?

Yes .... withholding truth is an important principle for psychological and social stability.

Yes, but soul here is undefined ( I have been defining it elsewhere in some threads here)

I dont understand the terms here . Some emotions I express, some I withhold

Ha! That one snuck up on me .... <reads back over my answers > ... not really, I did joke about not criticising wife ;)

Yes.

I thought I already did above.

Yep, again depending on meaning. Some seem a bit stunned and 'not really there' at a very early age , after a while, which varies individually , they change, its in the eyes , I refer to it as "they have landed" .

Some are.

I believe it occurs , I dont personally ascribe to it as a remedy, although, as a last resort , I have used it a few times .

Do you believe in God ?

I believe in certain things that some might ascribe to God, while others would disagree they represented any type of God. I am fine for others to decide that about me :innocent:

Some of them.

See my first answer above .

See my 3rd answer above.

Any one or thing we can be open to as a teacher

• Like 2

Thank you for explaining , I wondered about that and checked your profile, no real location, so ? ? ?

I would say that choosing to not believe is not a belief, it is a choice. But I dont think people usually choose their beliefs or lack of them. They may be indoctrinated or come to a new or different conclusion about them and change them ... but I dont think they consciously choose a belief ... that requires a great understanding and control of the belief faculty ... it is something I do , but from what I have seen, on this site and elsewhere, that is a very rare and near incomprehensible approach .

Years back, I was in the 'Religion of the Month Club', each month one would choose a different religion and follow it .

Is this confronting ?

• Like 1

Maybe they shouldn't exist if all their living on is false hope. Too many useless people on this planet. I don't care what you believe I just find it weak and childish.

weak and childish ? explain what you mean , if you may ? i know you dont care and that is fine... then dont care when other people want to believe in God

Yamar : " I have so many questions but am sure they were asked here already a thousand times ... where do morals come from ?

They form in a cultural feedback loop in the culture they are generated from - cycling between the individual superego and the group cultural mores and taboos. They cannot come from a single central source as cultures have very different moral systems.

This is a fact, the only way to deny it is to think your own culture and moral system is somehow superior to all others .

where does love come from ?

It is an emotional bonding triggered by internal chemicals that are released when one perceives ( often unconsciously) that another would make a good genetic match.

how we know the things we know ?

by cognition, observation, enactment , trial and error, being taught by others.

i could go on and on questioning ... what is the purpose to feel this security ?

To feel safe, established and able to continue on a culture and family line.

animals feel love and give love and humans do too ... explain love

Since you have not defined what you mean by it, I will offer the most general and basic explanation ; the two polarities of similar forces coming together to create energy. Its a Universal Principle .... some things 'need /'want' to come together ... they are 'built for each other ' ... like H2 and O

, yes ...where do emotions come from ? .....

the 'soul'

Yes, but this opens up what we both mean as 'sacred' , to me, it means 'for a special purpose'.

late 14c., past participle adjective from obsolete verb sacren "to make holy" (c. 1200), from Old French sacrer "consecrate, anoint, dedicate" (12c.) or directly from Latin sacrare "to make sacred, consecrate; hold sacred; immortalize; set apart, dedicate," from sacer (genitive sacri) "sacred, dedicated, holy, accursed," from Old Latin saceres, from PIE root *sak- "to sanctify." Buck groups it with Oscan sakrim, Umbrian sacra and calls it "a distinctive Italic group, without any clear outside connections." Related: Sacredness.

Nasalized form is sancire "make sacred, confirm, ratify, ordain." An Old English word for "sacred" was godcund. Sacred cow "object of Hindu veneration," is from 1891; figurative sense of "one who must not be criticized" is first recorded 1910, reflecting Western views of Hinduism. Sacred Heart "the heart of Jesus as an object of religious veneration" is from 1765.

"one who must not be criticized" - the wife ! :unsure2:

Where did you marry ?

Courthouse

I got a ring, she didnt , very simple basic vows.

:yes:

Yes.

Cheat ? Not according to the marriage contract.

Of course.

Do you obey Rules ?

? ? ? (weird question ) ... some I do, some I dont . I often cheat deliberately at cards , for fun.

No ( now what conclusion could you draw from that ! ... you need to work on your phrasing again ; I either never felt to murder anyone, or I did feel to do it but didnt stop . )

No.

Do you lie ?

Yes .... withholding truth is an important principle for psychological and social stability.

Yes, but soul here is undefined ( I have been defining it elsewhere in some threads here)

I dont understand the terms here . Some emotions I express, some I withhold

Ha! That one snuck up on me .... <reads back over my answers > ... not really, I did joke about not criticising wife ;)

Yes.

I thought I already did above.

Yep, again depending on meaning. Some seem a bit stunned and 'not really there' at a very early age , after a while, which varies individually , they change, its in the eyes , I refer to it as "they have landed" .

Some are.

I believe it occurs , I dont personally ascribe to it as a remedy, although, as a last resort , I have used it a few times .

Do you believe in God ?

I believe in certain things that some might ascribe to God, while others would disagree they represented any type of God. I am fine for others to decide that about me :innocent:

Some of them.

See my first answer above .

See my 3rd answer above.

Any one or thing we can be open to as a teacher

thank you for answering ...

We are all dead. No matter what we do and no matter what we achieve it's all for nothing. No matter what you believe or dis-believe. We are just tools for each other to use. We are all useless.