Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is there a God?

Roy Perry

Keep your hope to yourself.

dont dictate to me :w00t: ... my hope is my own and i do what i wish with it ... just because you have animosity towards me doesnt mean i have to feel the same way and i dont ...

No it's not you. If I had a problem with you I'd say it directly. I didn't ask for hope. So I have no need for your hope. If you want to hope and pray for me that's fine, do what thou will.

• Like 2

is that really necessary ? either we debate healthy or not at all ... pls

Yes it is necessary. As for me I cannot choose to believe the Moon is made of Cheese no more than I can choose to believe in a God.

God is a non-answer to reality.

Edited by davros of skaro

Yes it is necessary. As for me I cannot choose to believe the Moon is made of Cheese no more than I can believe in a God.

God is a non-answer to reality.

then you choose to not believe and it is acceptable ... but others do ... i have had moments in time where i felt the same way because i couldnt understand what was happening to me and why it was happening to me ... it was a long journey for me but at the end something changed me and i made peace with it . i accepted God back into my live ... the difference is that i dont attack no one for not believing because i been there myself . With all i had to deal with from not being born yet to present day - at last i understand it now why and what suffering is for . But again we must never attack those who believe or those that dont believe ...unless they hurt others in the most cruelest ways

• Like 1

then you choose to not believe and it is acceptable ... but others do ... i have had moments in time where i felt the same way because i couldnt understand what was happening to me and why it was happening to me ... it was a long journey for me but at the end something changed me and i made peace with it . i accepted God back into my live ... the difference is that i dont attack no one for not believing because i been there myself . With all i had to deal with from not being born yet to present day - at last i understand it now why and what suffering is for . But again we must never attack those who believe or those that dont believe ...unless they hurt others in the most cruelest ways

Answer the question please.

Do you choose not to believe the Moon is made of Cheese?

Have you ever sat down and talked with your demons? Every looked deep into yourself and found the monster you are? Look into the abyss of yourself and found that the devil was you? Seeing the flowing river of rage that feeds the beast, only to realize it was your own will keeping the beast at bay. Can I kill this demon? Hell no, that demon is me. Hope. Doesn't exist in that world. God can't control my demons.

You wonder why I hate religion? Because my demon was born of it. It was born from the hate that those of faith shown me, for the love that god never gave. From the hate that was shown to me for no other reason than my existence. This demon came out once and I put a classmate in the hospital. So the only thing keeping it under control is myself. Some days I don't want to anymore. There is no god in my hell.

Answer the question please.

Do you choose not to believe the Moon is made of Cheese?

if i believed the moon was made of cheese and the cheese lover that i am there would be no moon left hhhhhhhhhhhh .... :w00t:

Yet people take writings of men from the Bronze and Iron ages that's filled with blatant superstition as truth.

They assume it's true, others assume it's false one padded with theology the other with science,and most could not explain either point-of-view on their own if they wanted to. Both opinions are based on assumptions and information taken on faith without any first-hand detailed knowledge much less understanding.

Does that thought bring you comfort?

It does!

• Like 1

"My God, our God" is the highest dimensional entity.

I believe in dimensions higher than our own.

Does that thought bring you comfort?

**** that **** XenoFish. You are trying to imply that Christians believe something because they are weak and Atheist need no such crutch. But you come of actually saying Palladin and I are week and you are are strong. Knowing many have crumbled in the face of experiences I have faced I know this not to be the case.

Comfort aside some of use perceive reality as possessing a spiritual component. This perception is completely existential.

Have you ever sat down and talked with your demons? Every looked deep into yourself and found the monster you are? Look into the abyss of yourself and found that the devil was you? Seeing the flowing river of rage that feeds the beast, only to realize it was your own will keeping the beast at bay. Can I kill this demon? Hell no, that demon is me. Hope. Doesn't exist in that world. God can't control my demons.

You wonder why I hate religion? Because my demon was born of it. It was born from the hate that those of faith shown me, for the love that god never gave. From the hate that was shown to me for no other reason than my existence. This demon came out once and I put a classmate in the hospital. So the only thing keeping it under control is myself. Some days I don't want to anymore. There is no god in my hell.

you know Xeno maybe you will hate me and i take that risk ...but , what you say brings tears to my eyes and pain in my heart not because of what you say but what you feel . i even understand you ... you can lash back at me if you wish but what i read from you could have been my own words as well, some years back ... but when i was at my lowest i have experienced something so wonderful ... if i had to do it all again ,with all what i have lived through, i would do it all over again ...

if i believed the moon was made of cheese and the cheese lover that i am there would be no moon left hhhhhhhhhhhh .... :w00t:

You dodge the question because it exposes your own logical fallacy.

You want to believe in God. I want to know the truth, and though "want" is a hurdle, I pursue truth.

"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."

-- Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World

"We wish to find the truth, no matter where it lies. But to find the truth we need imagination and skepticism both. We will not be afraid to speculate, but we will be careful to distinguish speculation from fact."

-- Carl Sagan, Cosmos television series, quoted from The Carl Sagan Electronic Monument

• Like 1

you know Xeno maybe you will hate me and i take that risk ...but , what you say brings tears to my eyes and pain in my heart not because of what you say but what you feel . i even understand you ... you can lash back at me if you wish but what i read from you could have been my own words as well, some years back ... but when i was at my lowest i have experienced something so wonderful ... if i had to do it all again ,with all what i have lived through, i would do it all over again ...

I don't hate you. I just wish I could let of go of everything that I am. Some of you believe and find comfort in it. To be honest with everyone and myself for once. I admire that. I wish I could do the same. I think the scars are to deep for me to do that though. Maybe that the reason I can be so aggressive and antagonistic at times. Sure religious beliefs are illogical, but from what I can tell life is too.

**** that **** XenoFish. You are trying to imply that Christians believe something because they are weak and Atheist need no such crutch. But you come of actually saying Palladin and I are week and you are are strong. Knowing many have crumbled in the face of experiences I have faced I know this not to be the case.

Comfort aside some of use perceive reality as possessing a spiritual component. This perception is completely existential.

Did you ever think that I want to understand why your beliefs are comforting? If you take what I write as a personal attack put me on ignore. Trust me the button works well.

• Like 1

They assume it's true, others assume it's false one padded with theology the other with science,and most could not explain either point-of-view on their own if they wanted to. Both opinions are based on assumptions and information taken on faith without any first-hand detailed knowledge much less understanding.

People should get Tattoos of their God. It's universal for Jesus, Yahweh, Allah, Zeus, Krishna, and all the other of thousands of deities people made up that feels good.

bf2a6789c931eebe57a9792631e78220.jpg

b2fd30f041db36d01e2366f3c555ed21.jpg

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=291478entry5772286

Edited by davros of skaro

You dodge the question because it exposes your own logical fallacy.

You want to believe in God. I want to know the truth, and though "want" is a hurdle, I pursue truth.

"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."

-- Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World

"We wish to find the truth, no matter where it lies. But to find the truth we need imagination and skepticism both. We will not be afraid to speculate, but we will be careful to distinguish speculation from fact."

-- Carl Sagan, Cosmos television series, quoted from The Carl Sagan Electronic Monument

you can say what you wish it is your right .... but i believe there is a God - i am not here to convince you or change your view . you never walked in my shoes and i never walked in your shoes ... it is not about hurting others or feeling a certain way ... at the end it will not matter :blush: