Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is there a God?

Roy Perry

People should get Tattoos of their God. It's universal for Jesus, Yahweh, Allah, Zeus, Krishna, and all the other of thousands of deities people made up that feels good.

bf2a6789c931eebe57a9792631e78220.jpg

b2fd30f041db36d01e2366f3c555ed21.jpg

http://www.unexplain...8

Not into skin art myself, but my grandfather had a lot of them. Anything else out there in left field you want to toss in?

So is the assumption that there is a God.

Well, pro or con it's all predicated on assumption, isn't it?

Not into skin art myself, but my grandfather had a lot of them. Anything else out there in left field you want to toss in?

I'm not in the Tat thing either, and I'm turned off by a woman that has them. I'm intrigued that many people have the Tattoo of your God though. :yes:

I have no answers, but for whatever reason I firmly believe in God.

I'm not in the Tat thing either, and I'm turned off by a woman that has them. I'm intrigued that many people have the Tattoo of your God though. :yes:

Funny, that I didn't know you could spell "God" that way. tattoo15-20.jpg
  • Like 1

you can say what you wish it is your right .... but i believe there is a God - i am not here to convince you or change your view . you never walked in my shoes and i never walked in your shoes ... it is not about hurting others or feeling a certain way ... at the end it will not matter :blush:

Just understand I cannot choose to believe in something there's no evidence for no matter how happy it would make me.

Funny, that I didn't know you could spell "God" that way. tattoo15-20.jpg

God died young.

God died young.

And stillborn for others.

I have no answers, but for whatever reason I firmly believe in God.

I have answers that you don't want.

• Like 1

I'm beginning to think that sometimes you have to suspend dis-belief and say "I just don't know.".

The beginning of wisdom.
  • Like 1

I'm beginning to think that sometimes you have to suspend dis-belief and say "I just don't know.".

....or just watch Sesame Street.

• Like 1

I have answers that you don't want.

What might those be?

Just understand I cannot choose to believe in something there's no evidence for no matter how happy it would make me.

No one can choose to believe, anymore than one can choose to love; you either do or you don't. "Except that ye become as little child, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of Heaven." takes on a poignant meaning, for it is very difficult to unlearn all we have been taught in how and what to think as adults. It flies in the face in all that we have come to understand as logic and reason. It's very hard to shake secular indoctrination.
  • Like 1

Physics demands consideration of the current unknown.

Truly we know very little about what's going-on.

• Like 1

What might those be?

Check out my signature.

No one can choose to believe, anymore than one can choose to love; you either do or you don't. "Except that ye become as little child, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of Heaven." takes on a poignant meaning, for it is very difficult to unlearn all we have been taught in how and what to think as adults. It flies in the face in all that we have come to understand as logic and reason. It's very hard to shake secular indoctrination.

You can tell a little child the Moon is made out of Cheese and chances are he/she will believe it. At least before that pesky secular indoctrination is applied.

You can tell a little child the Moon is made out of Cheese and chances are he/she will believe it. At least before that pesky secular indoctrination is applied.

Oh, you can get secular indoctrination much later in life, in college, for instance. As far as children go, a child's mind has yet to be indoctrinated and made over into the likeness of a machine, as was mine. Laugh and snigger if you like, makes no never mind to me. Belief is the door of Faith, only obtainable by reverting to the untainted mindset of a child. Not an easy thing to do. For instance, look around you and try to think without silently articulating everything in words.
  • Like 1

Oh, you can get secular indoctrination much later in life, in college, for instance. As far as children go, a child's mind has yet to be indoctrinated and made over into the likeness of a machine, as was mine. Laugh and snigger if you like, makes no never mind to me. Belief is the door of Faith, only obtainable by reverting to the untainted mindset of a child. Not an easy thing to do. For instance, look around you and try to think without silently articulating everything in words.

The mind is capable of believing just about anything, and reinforce it neurologicaly through the Holy Dopamine Ghost.

It's the mechanism behind addictions, but Religion gets a pass.

The mind is capable of believing just about anything, and reinforce it neurologicaly through the Holy Dopamine Ghost.

It's the mechanism behind addictions, but Religion gets a pass.

It a component of of brain chemistry-it's even produced by plants. Your mindless reversion to this silly tact does you ill service. One might as well snigger about solder on a computer motherboard. If, however, you delight in slinging spitballs, go right ahead. You're much more interesting when you behave intelligently, however--or is this the path you're taking to reversion? It's certainly childish enough. :yes:

It a component of of brain chemistry-it's even produced by plants. Your mindless reversion to this silly tact does you ill service. One might as well snigger about solder on a computer motherboard. If, however, you delight in slinging spitballs, go right ahead. You're much more interesting when you behave intelligently, however--or is this the path you're taking to reversion? It's certainly childish enough. :yes:

Calcium is in plants also because it's useful. It does not negate our need for bone structurd. We just use the Holy Dopamine Ghost differently. Every living thing is an active chemistry set billions of years in progression.

Jesus Serotonin Christ and the Holy Dopamine Ghost is part of what motivates us to achieve in life. Some have more, some less. It's our cognition above other animals that the basic need for resources to reproduce is pushed to other eandevers.

The hard gambler is just the same as the firm believer neurologicaly. They are stuck in a loop for a reward.

• Like 1

It's this religion stuff that's associated with a Creative Being that I dislike. Can there be an Architect without all the rigmarole of religion added to it? Is this a valid possibility, though I personally have discovered no evidence of Its existence?

I guess I could never understand the rationale of atheism.

If one accepts the idea of higher dimensions how can then one exclude the idea of a God?