Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is there a God?

Roy Perry

Here we go. A few more strange religions to destroy. Come on everyone, get your tools ready.

http://listverse.com...eird-religions/

I do not want any to be destroyed, I would like to see them preserved as historical record as a guide to our development as a species. Put in place, like the Greek and Roman Gods.

• Like 2

My main problem is I don't understand the need to believe. I can't understand the need or want for being religious. I tried it and it just didn't make sense to me. Yeah it felt good at times but still left me hollow. Couple this will being basically psychologically abused by religious fanatics and I'm a tad sour to the idea.

I do not want any to be destroyed, I would like to see them preserved as historical record as a guide to our development as a species. Put in place, like the Greek and Roman Gods.

I can agree with this. They are a part of our history. I just don't get the level of seriousness that some people take them. I could pray to Eris the goddess of discord and know that I will get 'results'. But that doesn't mean I should try to hammer into your skull that I am the only person correct on this planet. Or even kill you because of such a belief.

Eris.jpg

Say hey to Eris.

• Like 2

Hey ... thats my apple .... and I am prepared to fight for it !

meanwhile, slipping out from the melee , Xeno gets to bonk Eris ;)

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 2

Then I can 1up Walker. :tsu:

• Like 3

My main problem is I don't understand the need to believe. I can't understand the need or want for being religious. I tried it and it just didn't make sense to me. Yeah it felt good at times but still left me hollow. Couple this will being basically psychologically abused by religious fanatics and I'm a tad sour to the idea.

Same mate, same thing. That is why I often quote Phlogiston, we know it was flawed and we have better information, I cannot understand why this does not apply to relgion.

I can agree with this. They are a part of our history. I just don't get the level of seriousness that some people take them. I could pray to Eris the goddess of discord and know that I will get 'results'. But that doesn't mean I should try to hammer into your skull that I am the only person correct on this planet. Or even kill you because of such a belief.

Eris.jpg

Say hey to Eris.

For sure, those atrocities need to be recorded like the settlement atrocities so we recognise how what we think is a good thing is a really bad thing. Fundamental Islam I just do not understand in this day and age.

Man, am I going to have a good night or what!! Eris as well huh :D

• Like 1

Crikey, we have seen you in action too.......

boxing-kangaroo-o.gif

• Like 1

Then I can 1up Walker. :tsu:

And I thought that was my apple..........

Looks like we are all fighting this one out, long as you two do not gang up I suppose......

squeeze.gif

• Like 2

Man, am I going to have a good night or what!! Eris as well huh :D

Eris is mine. You got a rainbow body coming your way. If that doesn't work you could talk to walker about his tri-breasted space goddess. :whistle:

Talk about imaginary friends with benefits.

If-You-Know-What-I-Mean-Mr-Bean-Blank.jpg

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 1

And I thought that was my apple..........

Looks like we are all fighting this one out, long as you two do not gang up I suppose......

squeeze.gif

Please .... if one is going to show violence ... please select the most violent example

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 1

Eris is mine. You got a rainbow body coming your way. If that doesn't work you could talk to walker about his tri-breasted space goddess. :whistle:

Talk about imaginary friends with benefits.

If-You-Know-What-I-Mean-Mr-Bean-Blank.jpg

That's arright..... she is a God anyways. Imagine how expensive that one would be!! Too much maintenance for me.

sweet-brown.jpg

• Like 1

That's arright..... she is a God anyways. Imagine how expensive that one would be!! Too much maintenance for me.

I think the maintenance would revolve around repairs. She is a goddess of chaos and discord.

Here we go. A few more strange religions to destroy. Come on everyone, get your tools ready.

http://listverse.com...eird-religions/

I met Oberon Zell once at a festival, though at the time I really didn't know who he was. My impression of his religion is they just make it up as they go along. Which is really kind of how I do it. :alien:

• Like 2

I met Oberon Zell once at a festival, though at the time I really didn't know who he was. My impression of his religion is they just make it up as they go along. Which is really kind of how I do it. :alien:

To an extent. But there is an underlying framework of magical.psychological technology that the 'theme' is 'made up on ' .

A bit like a Christmas tree, its up to you how you decorate it. But there are certain central dynamics the world over, with all people .... because we are all people . But essentially, it makes no difference what faery/angel sits at the top of the tree, as long as all the branches hold up the baubles .

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 2