Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Priest says Hell is an invention of the

Roy Perry

In Judaism, the ancestral religion of Christianity, hell simply doesn't exist (or in a way we think of it to be). Hell is part of Christianity and Islam though, to remind believers of immoral deeds can lead to negative consequences to the soul. I have a difficulty believing in hell and I'm from a Protestant Christian background which doesn't have Limbo or Purgatory found in Roman Catholic doctrine as an intermediate neutral state for those not very good or not very evil.

Edited by Solipsi Rai
  • Like 1

The fiery pit was the fate for those who sided against God in the Last Battle, and until the Day of Judgment we all sleep in our graves.

This guy tells the truth.

• Like 4

Here ya go Roy...Check these out.

Syncretism: the amalgamation or attempted amalgamation of different religions, cultures, or schools of thought.

Lake of fire

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_of_fire

Gehenna

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gehenna

Chinvat Bridge

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinvat_Bridge

Realizing Hell does not exist

The evolution of Satan in the Bible

• Like 1

I dont need to watch, i already know theres no hell anyways.

I died, no heaven and no hell. :w00t:

Edited by jamesjr191
  • Like 5

The fiery pit was the fate for those who sided against God in the Last Battle.

Makes me wonder if even god is afraid to be overthrown. He is by all accounts a jealous individual. Maybe his power level is too low are something. Scared that he can't overpower the real god or that some upstart deity will overcome him. lol

"They were Gods once, but their worshippers either died out or were converted to the worship of other Gods. They wail and flutter around the edges of reality without substance or even thought. All they have is need. ... We go out of fashion, Sparhawk – like last year's gowns or old shoes and hats. The Powerless Ones are discarded Gods who shrink and shrink as the years go by until they're finally nothing at all but a kind of anguished wailing."

— The Goddess Aphrael,

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 2

Here ya go Roy...Check these out.

Syncretism: the amalgamation or attempted amalgamation of different religions, cultures, or schools of thought.

Lake of fire

https://en.m.wikiped...ki/Lake_of_fire

Gehenna

https://en.m.wikiped...rg/wiki/Gehenna

Chinvat Bridge

https://en.m.wikiped.../Chinvat_Bridge

Realizing Hell does not exist

The evolution of Satan in the Bible

There will always be masses looking for safety in some Savior, and people looking to pull them in. :cry:

Edited by jamesjr191
  • Like 3

The idea that we misunderstand the text and that we base our belief on those errors is a fair debate but most go far beyond this and vehemently deny the existence of a Creator. To believe that everything we can sense and understand today in the universe came from nothing and has no plan or structure behind it is simply preposterous. My 2c...

• Like 4

The idea that we misunderstand the text and that we base our belief on those errors is a fair debate but most go far beyond this and vehemently deny the existence of a Creator. To believe that everything we can sense and understand today in the universe came from nothing and has no plan or structure behind it is simply preposterous. My 2c...

Yet an omnipotent intelligence always existed...

635937_020.jpg

• Like 5

Good to see you posting again Roy!

I like to believe that the universe recycles it's self from time to time. Singularities consuming all that's withing reach, breaking it down to it base particles, dying and then it restarts. Just a belief. And that's all it will every be. One that is much better than the irrational thought of some creation spanning consciousness that decide to become self-aware.

God is too human an idea to accept.

• Like 3

All of it's made up. Every single bit of it. If you can influence peoples thoughts and emotions you can control them. That's how it works.

lemmings-su-o_zpscemiao2d.gif

Follow the leader you lemmings.

You really believe that ? :devil: Where on earth do you get such a belief from? :innocent:

I like to believe that the universe recycles it's self from time to time. Singularities consuming all that's withing reach, breaking it down to it base particles, dying and then it restarts. Just a belief. And that's all it will every be. One that is much better than the irrational thought of some creation spanning consciousness that decide to become self-aware.

God is too human an idea to accept.

If an entity was not human enough for us to comprehend it, or for us to have some commonality of interest with it, it could not BE a god to human beings. That goes for both human construct type gods and any real physical entity we might give the title of god to, like a cat.

• Like 1

Rubbish Walker. That only applies to people like you that have the audacity to think they can comprehend God.

Many people believe in a God above their comprehension and understanding. Actually the Judaistic God is just that, as evidenced by his non appearance (instead appearing through angels or as a burning bush or a blinding light ) or depiction and the relatively well-known concept in Kabbalah of 'the Abyss' , where, above the level of all possible human conceptions, lies at least 3 levels of the ' manifestations of God' .

It isnt until we get down half way in the hierarchy (on the Tree of Life) that man can really comprehend God's interaction with him, and this is depicted as an inaccurate observation as it is perceived through a 'veil' .

Historically, this can also be seen as the 'coming of Christ ' who relates to 'Tiphareth' ('glory' ) and it is from this position (man rising up to meet God, that ideas of reflection ( in God's image ) come from . That is , it is an idea about God from man.

One cant apply 'pre-fall' concepts to 'post-fall' ones .

• Like 3

Rubbish Walker. That only applies to people like you that have the audacity to think they can comprehend God.

Many people believe in a God above their comprehension and understanding. Actually the Judaistic God is just that, as evidenced by his non appearance (instead appearing through angels or as a burning bush or a blinding light ) or depiction and the relatively well-known concept in Kabbalah of 'the Abyss' , where, above the level of all possible human conceptions, lies at least 3 levels of the ' manifestations of God' .

It isnt until we get down half way in the hierarchy (on the Tree of Life) that man can really comprehend God's interaction with him, and this is depicted as an inaccurate observation as it is perceived through a 'veil' .

Historically, this can also be seen as the 'coming of Christ ' who relates to 'Tiphareth' ('glory' ) and it is from this position (man rising up to meet God, that ideas of reflection ( in God's image ) come from . That is , it is an idea about God from man.

One cant apply 'pre-fall' concepts to 'post-fall' ones .

Well said BTE!

To even suggest one can comprehend God is the greatest arrogance of all, IMO.

What MW shares for me is his own intellectual handicaps.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 2

For some, "Hell" is the separation from God, whomever that God might be for them.

A POW often feels that confinement and torture as "Hell"

A legal prisoner in solitary confinement might consider it 'Hell"

A rape victim, during the event and the thoughts afterwards often consider the ordeal to be "Hell"

A terminal cancer patient, or with some other possibly painful illness may consider their situation as "Hell"

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 2

Then "Hell" is a metaphor of extreme hardship. In that case hell exist on a personal level. We all go through hell.

What MW shares for me is his own intellectual handicaps.

he-who-knows-nothing-is-closer-to-the-truth-than-he-whose-mind-is-filled-with-falsehoods-and-errors-thomas-jefferson.jpg

• Like 3

Here is my advice of the day:

Ignore Mr Walker. You'll be glad you did. :tu:

• Like 5