Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did Jesus Rise from the Dead? Christian vs Mu

Roy Perry

Did Jesus Rise from the Dead?

Did Jesus Rise from the Dead?

Atheist VS Theist Debates Channel *Chock full of debates ;)

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCIBpItHxTpuug31geLR8Ymg

The case against the resurrection playlist

Thanks for posting this, Roy. It is always interesting to see the contrast between the Islamic and Christian version of the Christ. It's actually very easy to sum up. Christians believe God gave his own son (a part of himself) to die for our sake while Muslims believe that God expects us to die for him if we want to be "guaranteed" paradise. It doesn't get much more stark than that.

Did Jesus rise from the dead? My opinion is, no he didn't. He survived his crucifixion, he appeared later in the flesh, sometimes disguised for fear he would be discovered and arrested again, I suppose. If he were resurrected, why would he disguise himself? It would seem he would be untouchable by the authorities.

The writers of the Gospels were confronted with this conundrum, how do we get the physical Jesus to heaven? They made up the clumsy story that he rose bodily to heaven. Difficult to imagine that.

After that, I think he just left town. Where he finally ended up is anyone's guess.

Did Jesus rise from the dead? My opinion is, no he didn't. He survived his crucifixion, he appeared later in the flesh, sometimes disguised for fear he would be discovered and arrested again, I suppose. If he were resurrected, why would he disguise himself? It would seem he would be untouchable by the authorities.

The writers of the Gospels were confronted with this conundrum, how do we get the physical Jesus to heaven? They made up the clumsy story that he rose bodily to heaven. Difficult to imagine that.

After that, I think he just left town. Where he finally ended up is anyone's guess.

How do you explain the Angel rolling away the stone of an already empty tomb?

How do you explain the Angel rolling away the stone of an already empty tomb?

First, we have to believe in angels. The four Gospels do not agree with each other in telling this story, although this can be explained in that these were four separate accounts experienced by different people.

But, who was it that witnessed the angel rolling away the stone? I don't think this is explained in the NT. So, how can it be reported that the angel rolled the stone if no one was there to see the angel doing it?

First, we have to believe in angels. The four Gospels do not agree with each other in telling this story, although this can be explained in that these were four separate accounts experienced by different people.

But, who was it that witnessed the angel rolling away the stone? I don't think this is explained in the NT. So, how can it be reported that the angel rolled the stone if no one was there to see the angel doing it?

If an Angel can be made up, then so can a man. Especially a son of a God.

I learn a lot with Christian vs Muslim debate

but Christian vs atheist bored me I was hoping for more but all I saw was bad language on the part of the atheist once someone loses their cool it go down hill from that point forward but for most places Christian loses their cool first

• 2 weeks later...

I learn a lot with Christian vs Muslim debate

but Christian vs atheist bored me I was hoping for more but all I saw was bad language on the part of the atheist once someone loses their cool it go down hill from that point forward but for most places Christian loses their cool first

You won't find bad language or behaviour in these debates. Same Christian guy in the first debate - WIlliam Lane Craig.

This one is quite civil, even with Ken Ham involved.

Edited by psyche101