Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Witchcraft

pagan_jedi_girl

Are witches for real?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Are witches for real?

• nah, hippie babble
    • Yes I know one
    • Yes I am one!
    • Yes, devil worshipers
    • other

i said other because i know they exist. i don't want to generalize by saying all of them worship satan... but there may be some that do. All i know is that worshiping God and practicing witchcraft really don't mix too well...

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SilverCougar

• pagan_jedi_girl

• Stellar

• Grandpa Greenman

All i know is that worshiping God and practicing witchcraft really don't mix too well...

406019[/snapback]

I'm living proof that it's working fine for me....

I'm not a Wiccan. I practice some spellcraft, but I take all of my works with a grain of salt. I was raised a Catholic and then later attended a low Church and have been driven away by the corruption I've witnessed in general organised religion. I have an odd balance between the craft and Christianity, as I believe that the unnamed god of many pagans, divided into its polar halves, the God and the Goddess, and the God of Christians are by and large the same entity, being seen and interpreted and experienced by different individuals.

So yes, witches exist, and if anyone can claim that prayer works.... then they cannot deny witchcraft to me....

if i understand you correctly, no it's not working well for you, because you are worshiping multiple gods... which is not something god likes very much.... neither is witchcraft

Edited by Jesus_Freak

Yes, I'll have to agree with the jesusfreak on this one. You cannot believe in multiple gods like that and still think its workin out fine. Its one of the commandments, they're written in freekin stone!

devil.gif And if you don't follow god you prolly are inadvertantly following the other guy....

Yes, I'll have to agree with the jesusfreak on this one. You cannot believe in multiple gods like that and still think its workin out fine. Its one of the commandments, they're written in freekin stone!

devil.gif And if you don't follow god you prolly are inadvertantly following the other guy....

406364[/snapback]

You can believe in multiple gods... whats wrong with that?

I believe they are real, but ong the context of vampires and such, they aren't what folklore make them out to be..

Not everyone plays by the rules, including witches. All this stuff about witches being so good. Well I have met a few and nothing about them was good. Even when they were trying to be good, I could feel the darkness a step behind. Witchcraft opens doors that can be hard to shut and even harder to stop unwanted energy or things from entering into your life. Wiches that like to pretend or "try" their hand once in awhile a very dangerous, because they are not versed or strong enough to stop the evil from coming when it does. And come it will.

Everything happens for a reason - just make sure the reason is worth it w00t.gif

I said hippie babble tongue.gif - couldn't resist

Seriously though. spells/prayers do work thumbsup.gif And witches are as real as Me_Again original.gifwub.gif

And if you don't follow god you prolly are inadvertantly following the other guy....

Wow...I'm surprised nobody picked up on this. The sheer overwhelming stupidity of such a statement is just...wow. Such a tiny fraction of the world's population practice Christianity, so I suppose that must mean Satan is the most popular god? tongue.gif

if i understand you correctly, no it's not working well for you, because you are worshiping multiple gods... which is not something god likes very much.... neither is witchcraft

406248[/snapback]

According to your mistranslated,warped,twisted,altered bible. And more than likely you dont even understand that completely.

I dont believe in witches. no.gif but it would be cool if they did excist. yes.gif

404720[/snapback]

TWILIGHT DEMON,

Ooohhh, we do exist. There are more of us than you know....

Blessed Be yes.gif

Edited by high moon priestess

Not everyone plays by the rules, including witches.  All this stuff about witches being so good. Well I have met a few and nothing about them was good.  Even when they were trying to be good, I could feel the darkness a step behind.  Witchcraft opens doors that can be hard to shut and even harder to stop unwanted energy or things from entering into your life.  Wiches that like to pretend or "try" their hand once in awhile a very dangerous, because they are not versed or strong enough to stop the evil from coming when it does. And come it will.

406461[/snapback]

Yes, you are right. It is not for the inexperienced. If you can't handle the force that you bring out, you best leave it be. As for being evil not all of us are evil, because we know that everything we send out will come back to us 10 fold. yes.gif

I believe in witches... they exist... its the witchcraft I dont believe in. Sure there are people going around saying they're witches, fine, Im willing to accept that... but I dont think they can cast spells.

Its like believing in christianity. Not believing in christianity doesnt mean you dont believe there are christians.

403562[/snapback]

That is like saying I believe in God, But I don't believe he performs miracles. wacko.gif

I believe in witches... they exist... its the witchcraft I dont believe in. Sure there are people going around saying they're witches, fine, Im willing to accept that... but I dont think they can cast spells.

Its like believing in christianity. Not believing in christianity doesnt mean you dont believe there are christians.

403562[/snapback]

That is like saying I believe in God, But I don't believe he performs miracles. wacko.gif

407345[/snapback]

No, its like saying I believe christians exist, but I dont believe their religion is right nor that their god exists.

I believe people go around calling themselves witches... I dont believe that they actually have any powers or anything like that.

First of all, I've never been to Church in my life, so just know I'm not the religious type. But I still know that Commandment Numero Uno states:

You shall have no other gods before Me.

Regardless if witchcraft has any real god figure, I would believe it to not be following this God because witchcraft's practices are not contained within the realm of the bible and god's rules.

As for my previous statement-

"And if you don't follow god you prolly are inadvertantly following the other guy...." devil.gif

-I am refering to idea that if she claims to be christian and practice witchcraft at the same time she is interfering with the first commandment refering to multiple gods and inadvertantly following the path away from god.

If she followed some other religion (along with the craft) I wouldn't have said that same comment because obviously the devil wouldn't apply and it prolly would have been alright for her to practice both because most other religions are much more tolerant then christianity.

Let's break-it-down:Christianity and witchcraft is innadvertant devil worshiping by favoring multiple gods. How's That? thumbsup.gif

QUOTE-Seraphina-

Such a tiny fraction of the world's population practice Christianity,

Uhm, how do you figure that? rolleyes.gif

DISCLAIMER:Feel free to tell me straight up how wrong I am on Bible related Issues

Someone behind the wheel of a car car be dangerous if they do not have the experience. Same with the craft.

Some stumble along without help, they are more easily corrupted by power, but most are not corrupted, many grow up-teen witches-to be good members of society, they are like everyone else, some are nice and others aren't.

Evil witchcraft is abhorrent to me. But I wouldn't flicker an eyelash to use my power to defend myself and others, that is not evil.

You may say witchcraft isn't real, you can keep saying it. But it is. And no matter how you howl against it; that won't change.

Blessed be,

PJG

Uhm, how do you figure that?

Because the non-christians outnumber the christians by what? 2 : 1?

You may say witchcraft isn't real, you can keep saying it. But it is. And no matter how you howl against it; that won't change.

No, you can keep saying its real, and even trick yourself into believing it... but no matter how much you believe it, its not been proven to exist.

I have made potions before. Nothing magical about them, granted. More of a mix of herbs for whatever healing property needed.

That's a huge part of witchcraft accually. Weither spells works, dunno, never tried to cast... it's not my nature. Mine's more of the commune with nature, and healing with herbs and such.

*puts a spell on Stellar so all he hears is Black Magic Woman by Santana* ;D

Stellar,

Witchcraft is not just about casting spells it is a belief system with Gods and Goddesses. You do not have to cast spells to be a witch. You can be a witch and never cast a spell.

What surprises me is that christians believe in prayer and miracles and can't seem to see that incantations and spells are the same thing. Witch just don't see it as a miracles we see it as natural a part of the function of the Universes. Pulling strings in the fabric of space and time. Maybe Jesus was just a good string puller.

Witchcraft is not just about casting spells it is a belief system with Gods and Goddesses. You do not have to cast spells to be a witch. You can be a witch and never cast a spell.

I think that's Stellar's point...he believed that there are people who follow the religion, he just doesn't believe any of them can cast spells, or have any magical powers. This is the same belief I have on the subject.

What surprises me is that christians believe in prayer and miracles and can't seem to see that incantations and spells are the same thing.

Well, as I don't believe in praye or miracles, I assure you there is no hypocracy in my take on witchcraft grin2.gif

You do not have to cast spells to be a witch. You can be a witch and never cast a spell.

Thats why I said I believe witches exist... but I dont believe witchcraft (casting spells) actually works.

What surprises me is that christians believe in prayer and miracles and can't seem to see that incantations and spells are the same thing.

I dont believe in their prayer nor miracles from god neither...

That is ok Shadowsheet and Stellar, I am cool with that.

I have done spells on my brother had them work and he still insists there is nothing to it. Spells are a lot of work and very tiring. That is one reason I don't do them. You have to remember I am not a well person. Doing a spell can put me down for two days.

I think it is obvious that witches do exist. It would be silly to say they don't. As far as their magics are concerned. I've seen and done things that modern science can't quite explain. It is very narrow sighted to say that you don't believe in magic when you really have no understanding of it. To my knowledge and understanding of it, magic is mostly based in someones ability to manipulate energies. Mostly the energy the human body produces. This is normally known as a persons Aura. Some people still don't believe that this energy exists. Mostly people who say they think and deduce with scientific facts. The thing is though that modern science recognizes this energy to exist. They just don't know much about it. You can even take a photograph of this energy. There are video recordings of bhuddist monks sitting in the snow and creating so much body heat that all the snow within ten feet of them melts away.

"Any sufficiently advanced science is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clark thumbsup.gif

Edited by strichar

Witches do not fly on broomsticks. ok. Our spells DO have physical affects in the world, it is a simple fact.

405237[/snapback]

I am a christian, and I do recognize the effect wiccan spells have on reality. But I do not respect their power. I do not accept it as being good either, no matter how they claim to use it. Evil wears many masks, but none so dangerous as the mask of virtue.

Why would you wiccans seek to control anything? Are you that lustful for power? If you are trying to help people, why not buy them a hot meal, or give them some good advive? What makes you so bent on needing to have control? What makes you lust for the power? Why not leave the mysteries of nature alone? Why dabble in it at all? WHat do you have to gain from it?