Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

EU referendum: 23 June date set for UK vote

Still Waters

Let's have a bit of vintage Nige --- :)

Uploaded on Dec 1, 2010

The European Union's slide toward Totalitarianism

• Like 2

• Like 2

If we cast our minds back, Do people remember when the then deputy prime minister Nick Clegg (pro EU, Liberal Dem) challenged Nigel Farage to live TV debate: Nick Clegg was telling us all the virtues of the EU, how good it was. Well take a trip down Memory lane. (remember this debate was for the European elections and before any General election or referendum)

Part one.

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 2

Its funny how we are having a debate about the referendum in the UK, Yet, the NEWS that the Eurozone fell back into Deflation got little to no headlines. (There is another storm brewing with Italy its Banking sector is on the the ropes)

The eurozone lurched back into deflation this month, putting more pressure on the European Central Bank to ramp up stimulus when it meets next week.

Prices fell by 0.2pc in the year to February, according to figures published by Eurostat. The decline confounded economists, who had expected prices to remain steady.

The return to deflation followed inflation of 0.3pc in the year to January, and was the result of a renewed slump in oil and gas prices. The closely watched core inflation measure, which strips out volatile energy prices, also fell.

ECB policymakers are expected to unveil fresh stimulus when they meet on March 10, possibly announcing further interest rate cuts and an expansion of their quantitative easing scheme. The ECB’s main interest rate is already in negative territory, at -0.3pc. The central bank has missed its inflation target of just under 2pc for the past three years. Mario Draghi, the ECB president, has said that the Bank is "ready to do its part" in getting price growth back on track.

• Like 2

Its funny how we are having a debate about the referendum in the UK, Yet, the NEWS that the Eurozone fell back into Deflation got little to no headlines. (There is another storm brewing with Italy its Banking sector is on the the ropes)

Not that I wish Italy any ill, but the best thing that we can hope for is another financial disaster somewhere within the EU before June 23rd that can't be "spun" in the media, swinging more votes towards an exit.

This "scaremongering" campain by the pro-EU brigade is working in one respect... it's making me fear they'll convince enough people to stay, with the constant stream of BS we're being fed on a daily basis.

• Like 2

Not that I wish Italy any ill, but the best thing that we can hope for is another financial disaster somewhere within the EU before June 23rd that can't be "spun" in the media, swinging more votes towards an exit.

This "scaremongering" campain by the pro-EU brigade is working in one respect... it's making me fear they'll convince enough people to stay, with the constant stream of BS we're being fed on a daily basis.

re underlined ---

now dubbed 'Project Fear' ----- :)

I think they know they have to scare people to get them out and vote to 'stay in' - because the 'get out' voters will be much more motivated and more likely to make the effort to errrr get out and vote -

• Like 2

Ok ------ if this isn't a clincher for the Out camp I don't know what is --- two words ---- Tony Blair

And another word --- warmonger

He hasn't gone away but lurks around politics outside Britain - because of course in Britain he is more or less despised by the General Public who will never forgive him for his lies and the Iraq War -

He is a staunch supporter for staying in the EU and of course strongly advises and wants the Remain vote to win ---

I wouldn't be surprised if the Chilcot Report is delayed specifically to protect the Remain vote because when Blair is slammed in it, it would reflect badly on his support for staying in the EU -

Apparently Blair was considered to be more Hawkish than Bush when it came to invading (and destroying) Iraq --- he WANTED it - he wasn't just a poodle as everyone is led to believe --- he wanted it and reveled in the excitement and power -

Now apparently Blair has his eye on the job of President of the EU ----

:cry:

http://www.express.c...gration-good-UK

TONY Blair has called for Britain to surrender MORE powers to unelected Brussels bureaucrats and insisted mass migration from eastern Europe has been GOOD for the country as he made a bizarre case for staying in the EU.
The Europhile former prime minister claimed the UK will be unable to defend itself from Islamic State (ISIS) and Russia without the help of France and Germany and said David Cameron should give up further influence to Brussels' growing security services.
His comments came as the leave campaign opened up a huge six-point lead in the polls, with voters increasingly losing faith in Mr Cameron's ability to secure a good deal from European leaders.

But Mr Blair, who is tipped as a future EU president, appeared to back the farcical negotiation even though he admitted he was "against" giving people a say on Britain's future in the first place.

• Like 3

External events might play a massive part on how the British Public will vote: Anything can happen before the 23rd June. - The Prime Minister has already called it early to avoid the mass arrival of summer Migrants/refugees.

Remember there are to be three TV debates to be held before the 23rd. - But what i don't like is the Electoral commission will decide who takes part. - Nigel Farage has led this campaign for two decades, Its this man and UKIP which forced the Tory party into pledging a referendum. Which as comeback to haunt David Cameron.

I love the way the Pro-EU media are trying to paint a picture of a disorganised 'Leave' Campaign. Yet if you look at the 'Remain' campaign. headed by former M&S Boss Stuart Rose. every time he opens his mouth he puts his foot in it, like his last slip up, when asked, 'If we left the EU and had full control to limit immigration numbers into the UK, could that help to raise wages of low paid unskilled workers' He answered YES it could, But that's not necessarily a good thing. Spoken like a true boss of big business, who want cheap low skilled labour. - The 'Remain' campaign went into damage limitation mode, and issued a press release, stating Stuart Rose didn't actually mean it, he was tired after two hours of being questioned. and this came on the back of being caught out using misleading figures for their campaign such as the £3,000 figure. which the 'Remain state every household is £3,000 better off being in the EU.

Wages for low skilled would raise, Not Necessarily a good thing.

False £3,000 figure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeHs5P_KJAQ

Nigel Farage on the Andrew Marr Show

• Like 2

Boris Johnson on the Andrew Marr Sunday Show. (today)

• Like 1

Boris Johnson on the Andrew Marr Sunday Show. (today)

I watched it this morning, though I can barely stomach Marr constantly interrupting his guests <_<

The political world seems to have turned upside-down over the last few decades for me. Putting UKIP aside for a moment and looking at options B and C, if you'd asked me in my teens and twenties if I could imagine favouring a Boris Johnson led Conservative governemnt over ANY Labour contender, I'd have laughed my socks off.

Seeing the weak sheep that are lining up behind Corbyn these days though, and the way they are using one of the most important issues of our era to take a swipe at the opposition, I couldn't see myself looking towards Labour ever again. Not that I have in many years - I couldn't even bring myself to vote during the Blair years.

_88606521_88606518.jpg

Labour's Yvette Cooper dismissed Mr Johnson's claims as "wiffle waffle".

"She told Sky News: "You've just got an increasingly hysterical battle for the future of the Tory party and they are trying to hijack the future of the country. We cannot let them do that."

People like this don't deserve to be called British. They already see themselves solely as "Europeans."

• Like 1

And another word --- warmonger

From the above: The Europhile former prime minister claimed the UK will be unable to defend itself from Islamic State (ISIS) and Russia without the help of France and Germany and said David Cameron should give up further influence to Brussels' growing security services.

Shall we try to work out how that argument would work? Suppose that Vlad Putin, out of sheer Evil, decides against all reason to attack Western Europe just because. So the Germans and French wouldn't fight them? Due to hating the UK so much, they'd stand back and let his armoured divisions roll right through on their way to attack England? And meanwhile, presumably, the U.S. President, whoever it may be, would also not intervene? It makes no sense at all. And as for "unable to defend itself against Islamic State (ISIS), the whole point of the argument is that it's unrestricted flow of refugees that potentially allows

would-be terrorists to arrive in the country in the first place. He makes no sense at all.

• Like 1

I watched it this morning, though I can barely stomach Marr constantly interrupting his guests <_<

The political world seems to have turned upside-down over the last few decades for me. Putting UKIP aside for a moment and looking at options B and C, if you'd asked me in my teens and twenties if I could imagine favouring a Boris Johnson led Conservative governemnt over ANY Labour contender, I'd have laughed my socks off.

Seeing the weak sheep that are lining up behind Corbyn these days though, and the way they are using one of the most important issues of our era to take a swipe at the opposition, I couldn't see myself looking towards Labour ever again. Not that I have in many years - I couldn't even bring myself to vote during the Blair years.

_88606521_88606518.jpg

Labour's Yvette Cooper dismissed Mr Johnson's claims as "wiffle waffle".

"She told Sky News: "You've just got an increasingly hysterical battle for the future of the Tory party and they are trying to hijack the future of the country. We cannot let them do that."

People like this don't deserve to be called British. They already see themselves solely as "Europeans."

I'll add to that list, opposition leader Jeremy Corbyn and the Shadow Chancellor John McDonnell, for years the pair of them have been Anti-European Union. always voting against their own Party in the House of Commons. Yet here we are, and because they want to put their "careers" before Country. the pair of them are toeing the Trade Union/Labour Party line of being Pro-EU. - You couldn't make it up. Were are their convictions.Their fundamental values.

Jeremy Corbyn has already stated he wouldnt share a platform with David Cameron to persuade people to vote to Remain, Yet Corbyn can find time to stick to his Convictions on the Trident Nuclear Weapons Issue. attending public CND rallies/demo's. The Labour Party is a complete joke, and the Tory party are not far behind. This Referendum if we vote to leave could very well be the catalyst that starts a true Revolution in British politics, Because lets face it if we vote to leave - are we really expecting the present Government ministers who want us to remain in the EU to negotiate the best deal on our behalf? Im afraid they'd have to go, and replaced with somebody else. - Cameron is already a lame Duck. if he loses the Referendum vote he'll be a Dead Duck.

• Like 1

Andrew Marr showed his typical BBC pro-EU colours this morning by continuously interrupting Boris whilst interviewing him on The Andrew Marr Show. I watched it and was disgusted by Marr's treatment of the London Mayor and Leave campaigner.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/03/andrew-marr-accused-of-eu-bias-over-boris-johnson-interview/

• Like 2

Rumours are David Cameron will not do any TV debates with Farage or anyone else for that matter. I want to see Farage take on Cameron one on one.

• Like 1

Boris Johnson writing in the Telegraph today.

There is no conspiracy. The EU is completely open about its superstate plan

The European bureaucracy is gathering every last bit of power that it can get its hands on, and it's dragging Britain with it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/eureferendum/12185401/There-is-no-conspiracy.-The-EU-is-completely-open-about-its-superstate-plan.html

• Like 4

Rumours are David Cameron will not do any TV debates with Farage or anyone else for that matter. I want to see Farage take on Cameron one on one.

What's the matter, smug little man is so confident of the persuasiveness of his case that he doesn't need to explain it before the People?
  • Like 3

* In other thoughts, I still think there'd be a TV series in Nigel Farage showing us round his no doubt extensive collection of valuable cars. That's right, they could call it Farage's Garage. :idea:

What's the matter, smug little man is so confident of the persuasiveness of his case that he doesn't need to explain it before the People™?

Cameron won't have a televised EU referendum debate with Farage because he'd know that Farage would destroy him and provide a massive boost to the Leave campaign.

Edited by Black Monk
  • Like 4

So... yesterday the BCC boss John Longworth "resigned" without being pushed... yeah, right... - for his support of Brexit.

Today Bank of England governor Mark Carney gave a big thumbs up to the pro-EU brigade and Cameron's laughable "reforms", and he gets a pat on the back from his cronies.

I've got a horrible feeling that the result of this referendum is already decided, and we're just going through the motions so that Cameron can give a rousing speech about the "British public having spoken."

Let's hope it's just a bad case of pessimism. If not, I truly believe that one way or another it'll be the last nail in the coffin of our nation with everything else that's happening in the world right now :hmm:

• Like 3

So... yesterday the BCC boss John Longworth "resigned" without being pushed... yeah, right... - for his support of Brexit.

Today Bank of England governor Mark Carney gave a big thumbs up to the pro-EU brigade and Cameron's laughable "reforms", and he gets a pat on the back from his cronies.

I've got a horrible feeling that the result of this referendum is already decided, and we're just going through the motions so that Cameron can give a rousing speech about the "British public having spoken."

Let's hope it's just a bad case of pessimism. If not, I truly believe that one way or another it'll be the last nail in the coffin of our nation with everything else that's happening in the world right now :hmm:

This feels like election in north Korea. This is a open assault on democracy howz the government getting away with it ?

• Like 2

im seeing NEWS reports on the Migrant crisis, something which has flabbergast me. in regard to the EU's - Turkish migrant deal/agreement. All 28 members were in the negotiations. at 8pm GMT last night the meeting was ended and to resume the following morning. Yet it seems the agreement we see today was reached last night and was negotiated By the 'EU' in the middle of the night personally by none other than Frau Merkel with only the Dutch PM in attendance. surely this cannot be true?

Anyway Farage in full flow.

• Like 2

im seeing NEWS reports on the Migrant crisis, something which has flabbergast me. in regard to the EU's - Turkish migrant deal/agreement. All 28 members were in the negotiations. at 8pm GMT last night the meeting was ended and to resume the following morning. Yet it seems the agreement we see today was reached last night and was negotiated By the 'EU' in the middle of the night personally by none other than Frau Merkel with only the Dutch PM in attendance. surely this cannot be true?

Anyway Farage in full flow.

Seems to be the case.

Reuters link to the story:

Merkel's Turkish gamble: breakthrough or landmine in migrant crisis?

Nothing on the BBC about it yet... surprise, surprise!

• Like 2

Seems to be the case.

Reuters link to the story:

Merkel's Turkish gamble: breakthrough or landmine in migrant crisis?

Nothing on the BBC about it yet... surprise, surprise!

Thanks for the link, Its absolute madness that it seems once again Germany is riding roughshod. It seems Britain like the other 26 members were tucked up in bed when all this was happening only to wake in the morning to see someone had already signed the deal on our behalf. Just what the hell is going on? and to make matters worse no one has challenged it. even though it needs ratifying on the 17th - Turkish officials must be laughing their socks off at the EU, it brings a whole new meaning to the word Turkish Delight.

• Like 4

The BBC still haven't published the story as far as I can see, however...

Migrant crisis: Merkel condemns closure of Balkan route

"German Chancellor Angela Merkel has blamed European nations for "unilaterally" shutting the Balkan route for migrants.

She said this had put Greece in a "very difficult situation" and such decisions should be taken by the whole of the EU."

Ohh, the irony...

• Like 2