Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

EU referendum: 23 June date set for UK vote

Still Waters

The cynic in me, this is the picture the BBC are using on the front of their website and phone App; to the Story of Boris Johnsons speech about leaving the EU. classic Nazi/Hitler salute. using such a image in a subconscious manner.

_89264410_89264409.jpg

• Like 4

The cynic in me, this is the picture the BBC are using on the front of their website and phone App; to the Story of Boris Johnsons speech about leaving the EU. classic Nazi/Hitler salute. using such a image in a subconscious manner.

_89264410_89264409.jpg

Wouldn't surprise me.

With the blatant lies some people accept these days, a little subliminal manipulation wouldn't even register.

• Like 2

I remember a time Long ago before we joined the Common Market , when we had British Steel, Shipyards, Coal mines (now we import coal from South Africa) Cotton Mills, Shoe factories, an Aircraft Industry , a Car industry and proper Border Controls, hardly any asylum seekers , an N.H.S. Service that worked with mainly English Doctors....and lots more.So why are the "Stay-In", prophets forecasting doom and gloom if we leave. We had good relations with all but a few Countries both inside and out of the Euro zone. A message to Dave , you can fool some of the people all of the time, but Not all of the people All of the Time. Now be a good chap and step down when (not if) , we come out of the biggest fiasco of all time.

• Like 3

_89264410_89264409.jpg

Exactly the same tactic the Media have used against Donald T.
  • Like 1

I remember a time Long ago before we joined the Common Market , when we had British Steel, Shipyards, Coal mines (now we import coal from South Africa) Cotton Mills, Shoe factories, an Aircraft Industry , a Car industry .... .

Mmmm, but they were also hopelessly inefficient, usually on strike, and the products they offered were usually inferior in quality to those from foreign manufacturers.

I remember a time Long ago before we joined the Common Market , when we had British Steel, Shipyards, Coal mines (now we import coal from South Africa) Cotton Mills, Shoe factories, an Aircraft Industry , a Car industry and proper Border Controls, hardly any asylum seekers , an N.H.S. Service that worked with mainly English Doctors....and lots more.So why are the "Stay-In", prophets forecasting doom and gloom if we leave. We had good relations with all but a few Countries both inside and out of the Euro zone. A message to Dave , you can fool some of the people all of the time, but Not all of the people All of the Time. Now be a good chap and step down when (not if) , we come out of the biggest fiasco of all time.

Well said, We have to face facts we trade no more in terms of percentage with the EU from when it was 6 members when we joined in 73 to today 2016 with a europe consisting of 27 members.

The EU might be good for the likes of Germany who's membership of the Eurozone helps to artificially keep its currency 20% below what it actually should. and for France to keep its less than efficient Farming industry a live by stifling competition by paying for example British farmers for growing nothing.

But its absolutely clear the EU no longer suits the UK's interests. the more and more this Referendum campaign goes on, im not even sure we should remain part of the single market, increasingly im more in favour of applying World trade organisation trade rules and re-negotiate the areas with the EU that are mutually beneficial to all. This approach by a competent British trade delegation could be wrapped up with 12 months. leaving a further 12 months to iron out the minutia. Because its clear it can all be accomplished within the EU's 24 month time frame - once a member requests to leave.

I posed this question to the local MP via a radio phone in. He's a labour politician and for remaining within the EU, But was saying to renegotiate our trade deals with europe would take 10 years or more. so Live on air i asked him if that was the case why does the EU within its own treaty rules only allow for a time frame of 24 months to thrash out new trade deals, and why state 24 months if its not possible to achieve within that time frame and would take 10 years like my local MP was saying. He was lost for words. and started answering a question i didn't even ask. I never even got the right to reply, i got cut off by the presenter and had to turn my radio back on. (it does state in the EU treaty on the rare occasion that 24 month time frame can be extended) ((but note the word rare, and doesn't imply a decade))

If we vote to Remain in a federal union we will rue the day for decades to come. and we might as well give up voting, because no matter what party is in office the power people will be the untouchables in Brussels. and that's the scary part, we'll only ever change the puppets but not the puppeteers. Democracy in Europe is on its ass and the people are not batting an eyelid. its remarkable today as it was five years ago when the Greek and Italian Governments where deposed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G9DA8zo_h4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK9NIQzcGww

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 3

Edited by stevewinn

Mmmm, but they were also hopelessly inefficient, usually on strike, and the products they offered were usually inferior in quality to those from foreign manufacturers.

So English workers were good enough to build the economy but were to ineffective to maintain it is what your saying? Bentley, Land Rover, Mini, Rolls are inferior products?

Or could it be things such as importing coal from South Africa is cheaper because environmental and work safety standards are not equal to those in the UK?

Side note to steve;

Good gawd man, your quibbling over a few bob sent to the EU that helps less fortunate people. In another thread I was told there is a "social contract that the successful owe to others because you wouldn't have been able to get rich without them".

Britons should feel it their duty to have a portion of your wealth redistributed to poorer European governments such as Greece. I mean just look at that Mediterranean climate, rich history with world reknown preserved historical sites, and the sea. How could they possibly be expected to have a solvent economy... (tries to not giggle)

• Like 1

Here's another BBC picture of that same event. In this one, they are making it look as though members of the crowd are doing Nazi salutes:

_89264406_89264405.jpg

Edited by Black Monk
  • Like 3

In the News today:" A report today says people in the UK will be Worse Off if we leave the EU". The source of this report? The Treasury. Who are, of course, part of the Government. So another completely unbiased report there. :yes:

Yes, as he says, using Norway, Switzerland and Canada as examples of how dreadful it would be outside the EU? :unsure:
  • Like 1

Eurozone crisis 'pushing migrants to UK'

It has to reach breaking point soon. Surely even a halfwit such as Cameron has to realize that this is going to destroy the country.

Isn't 'destroying the country' (countries) the actual aim of the EU -- ?

and carving them up into regions...

So it could be argued that Cameron is aware that the EU intends to destroy the country as we know it...

But the self serving politician in him is in a kind of 'halfwit' denial of what this means to future generations..

I have even heard that flooding the EU with refugees and migrants could be part of the plan to weaken national identities

and make countries (as we now know them) easier to control.... ??

:hmm:

• Like 2

In the News today:" A report today says people in the UK will be Worse Off if we leave the EU". The source of this report? The Treasury. Who are, of course, part of the Government. So another completely unbiased report there. :yes:

Yes, as he says, using Norway, Switzerland and Canada as examples of how dreadful it would be outside the EU? :unsure:

you know --- I think they are getting seriously worried that the Leave Camp are going to win...

And as long as the results aren't rigged the Leave Camp could do it...

All the fear mongering could bring out the rebel in the electorate :yes:

• Like 1

Well said, We have to face facts we trade no more in terms of percentage with the EU from when it was 6 members when we joined in 73 to today 2016 with a europe consisting of 27 members.

The EU might be good for the likes of Germany who's membership of the Eurozone helps to artificially keep its currency 20% below what it actually should. and for France to keep its less than efficient Farming industry a live by stifling competition by paying for example British farmers for growing nothing.

But its absolutely clear the EU no longer suits the UK's interests. the more and more this Referendum campaign goes on, im not even sure we should remain part of the single market, increasingly im more in favour of applying World trade organisation trade rules and re-negotiate the areas with the EU that are mutually beneficial to all. This approach by a competent British trade delegation could be wrapped up with 12 months. leaving a further 12 months to iron out the minutia. Because its clear it can all be accomplished within the EU's 24 month time frame - once a member requests to leave.

I posed this question to the local MP via a radio phone in. He's a labour politician and for remaining within the EU, But was saying to renegotiate our trade deals with europe would take 10 years or more. so Live on air i asked him if that was the case why does the EU within its own treaty rules only allow for a time frame of 24 months to thrash out new trade deals, and why state 24 months if its not possible to achieve within that time frame and would take 10 years like my local MP was saying. He was lost for words. and started answering a question i didn't even ask. I never even got the right to reply, i got cut off by the presenter and had to turn my radio back on. (it does state in the EU treaty on the rare occasion that 24 month time frame can be extended) ((but note the word rare, and doesn't imply a decade))

lol Steve - you must have been his secret nightmare on live radio - showing that you knew more about it than he did.... perhaps he will look into what you said and decide to change his allegiance to Leave --- :w00t:

If we vote to Remain in a federal union we will rue the day for decades to come. and we might as well give up voting, because no matter what party is in office the power people will be the untouchables in Brussels. and that's the scary part, we'll only ever change the puppets but not the puppeteers. Democracy in Europe is on its ass and the people are not batting an eyelid. its remarkable today as it was five years ago when the Greek and Italian Governments where deposed.

In the event of a Remain win perhaps a new political term will have to be invented --- '''Democratic Dictatorship''' ---

A kind of disenfranchisement that is dressed up to appear acceptable -- and even desirable -- <_<

• Like 1

Like i said right at the outset of this referendum the whole thing is being played out on fear with trade, jobs and economic. Yet, sovereignty is mentioned as a side note. and yet sovereignty and its meaning seems to be lost on the "Remainers" The issue of sovereignty should be front and centre. The fact that we as a country with our Sovereignty

going back a thousand years - it should NOT be further surrendered to the EU by continuing as members. We surrendered large parts in 1973 and got us no-where.

Its time for our political masters to explain the end game for the EU. David Cameron needs to admit what they freely admit on the continent, and that's - the end game of the EU, a United States of Europe a Federal Union. with all the powers, one central government, one central bank, one currency, one foreign policy - all the powers.

David Cameron keeps saying we have special status, we have a opt out from ever closer Union. - But he's never asked to explain what that ever closer Union actually means for the rest of them, those inside ever greater union. Ever closer Union means Federation a word David Cameron will not utter in this referendum and neither will any of the "remainers" why? because they know if they do the British public would vote to leave in their droves.

Here we are the United Kingdom faced with losing our sovereignty further to a foreign power, now that might be agreeable to those in Europe, a continent where many countries are not even 200 years old,a continent where a people have lived with shifting borders by the stroke of the quill/pen, - been conquered many times by a foreign force. WE on the other hand, we in our Island Nation have never had our borders re-drawn, being an Island we find great comfort in our static borders, we haven't been conquered or invaded by a foreign force for a thousand years, I ask why should we now destroy that tradition and legacy by further integrating into the EU. Because that's what we will be doing if we vote to remain. So trade, jobs, economy, they are the peripheral issues. Sovereignty is our existence as a people to be who we are, to be the masters of our own house, and ultimately the masters of our own destiny. Vote to leave and we carry on that tradition and legacy for another thousand years. We owe it to those who have gone before us:

• Like 1

I know what the Just Say No campaign needs! Make Britain Great Again baseball caps! Perhaps they could order some from the people* who supply them to D. Trump.

* the Chinese

• Like 1

Here's another BBC picture of that same event. In this one, they are making it look as though members of the crowd are doing Nazi salutes:

_89264406_89264405.jpg

Yeah very odd picture ---

It looks like it has actually been doctored !!!!

Just how low will the Remain Camp stoop to keep their Gravy Train on track...... :D

I know what the Just Say No campaign needs! Make Britain Great Again baseball caps! Perhaps they could order some from the people* who supply them to D. Trump.

* the Chinese

ha ha

and maybe a theme tune could help from an influential group of Brits*

*the cast of Grange Hill...

:innocent:

• Like 2

* the Chinese

Nah, they need Brexit brand steaks.

I would like to know where they conduct the Opinion Polls and who they ask. Level pegging they say with 17% zombie brain dead who can't make up their minds.

• Like 2

I would like to know where they conduct the Opinion Polls and who they ask. Level pegging they say with 17% zombie brain dead who can't make up their minds.

I just ignore the polls. They were wildly off the mark a year ago in the run up to the General Election, when they kept telling us it's neck and neck and there's going to be another Hung Parliament. In the end, the Tories won.

It'll be the same again now. The polls keep telling us it's neck and neck - and then the British people will vote Leave by around 60%-40%. Just you watch.

• Like 2

Apparently, EU puppet Cameron just threatened an ITV poll be hidden - because the poll of 300,000 voted 70% in favour of Brexit.

• Like 3

Apparently, EU puppet Cameron just threatened an ITV poll be hidden - because the poll of 300,000 voted 70% in favour of Brexit.

Well it should be hidden. Which is more important, British sovereignty or advancing a globalist agenda by stripping the right to self governance away from one of the EU's cash cows?

I mean do you realize the strain it would put on the other net contributor economies if the the British pounds quit rolling in? Some countries may have to cut social programs or default to creditors.

• Like 2

Just doing my own poll, in work, friends and family etc... my rough estimation is about 70% to leave. But we have a long way to go and the Government has not played its ace card yet.

The Political hatchet Job is already happening, in My mind Nigel Farage has been banging the drum for leaving the EU for so long, and lets face it it was UKIP and the pressure of that party which forced Cameron's hand in offering a IN/OUT Referendum to quell his backbenchers, - without UKIP we'd have no referendum. Yet Nigel farage's moment in History is fast approaching and it looks like he'll be sidelined. Not allowed on the Live TV debates instead stuck with doing independent meetings in village and church halls.

The Political establishment via the Electoral commission has chosen VoteLeave as one of the official parties which can take part in the Live TV debates, its no coincidence the grassroots out group, the group Farage was part of was not selected. So we are left with Boris facing David Cameron. I'd much rather pay good money to watch Farage Cameron. - Farage would wipe the floor just like he did with Nick Clegg.

We should start a petition to get Farage Versus Cameron on the last LIVE TV Debate, the night before the referendum. By Sunrise two days later we as a Nation would have voted to leave by a good Majority.

• Like 2

Just doing my own poll, in work, friends and family etc... my rough estimation is about 70% to leave. But we have a long way to go and the Government has not played its ace card yet.

The Political hatchet Job is already happening, in My mind Nigel Farage has been banging the drum for leaving the EU for so long, and lets face it it was UKIP and the pressure of that party which forced Cameron's hand in offering a IN/OUT Referendum to quell his backbenchers, - without UKIP we'd have no referendum. Yet Nigel farage's moment in History is fast approaching and it looks like he'll be sidelined. Not allowed on the Live TV debates instead stuck with doing independent meetings in village and church halls.

The Political establishment via the Electoral commission has chosen VoteLeave as one of the official parties which can take part in the Live TV debates, its no coincidence the grassroots out group, the group Farage was part of was not selected. So we are left with Boris facing David Cameron. I'd much rather pay good money to watch Farage Cameron. - Farage would wipe the floor just like he did with Nick Clegg.

We should start a petition to get Farage Versus Cameron on the last LIVE TV Debate, the night before the referendum. By Sunrise two days later we as a Nation would have voted to leave by a good Majority.

Have to agree there. I think Farage would decimate Cameron in a debate.

The one silver lining with Boris is that if he gets the upper hand face-to-face with Cameron, it'll strengthen his position should we leave the EU, and probably be the last nail in Cameron's coffin. It's possibly the best we can hope for until the mindless masses realize they can vote outside the established parties.

• Like 2

What's their ace card...?

The way Project Fear is going perhaps it's putting adverts for the Remain camp on all media outlets shrieking -- THE BOGEY MAN WILL GET YOU IF YOU DON'T VOTE TO STAY IN THE EU..!!!!

:passifier:

• Like 1