Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

EU referendum: 23 June date set for UK vote

Still Waters

Just now, Leto_loves_melange said:

Maybe those susceptible to populist rhetoric might think so but it's crystal clear that the establishment and markets don't think so. I'm going with the latter.

Bur, but.... with the latter you do not get no flag waving!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Black Monk said:

Boris didn't run. He was stabbed in the back by Gove.

As for "mess",  there is no mess. There is Brexit, the greatest thing to have happened to Britain since 1945, which has come about because of the will of the British people.

Mr Farage is a British hero who took on the entire British and EU establishment and won. And he has warned other parties to "watch this space" at the 2020 general election should they not fully implement Brexit.

A lordship and a statue outside Westminster should be his rewards.

Boris couldn't run fast enough outta the debate and into political self exile. Rumours of Gove knifing him in the back is rubbish in my opinion. Gove is a no body. And now that Farage has also done the runner it stands to reason that both were "told" to **** or face the consequences. Its clear to me which they chose. The UK will not be hearing from these two clowns again, any time soon let alone erecting monuments or the establishment conferring titles. In fact a suite on a rotting prison barge anchored in the thames should be their reward. 

Edited by Leto_loves_melange
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, questionmark said:

Damn!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stevewinn said:

Nigel Farage a National treasure, people might not see it today, but in time they will. once the path of the EU comes to fruition and is there for all to witness, that once again just like the Euro we have dodged a bullet. 

George Osborne is going to drop corporation tax to the lowest of any major economy. from 20% to 15%. Britain should now plot a course of tax rates similar to those of our overseas territories.

So thanks to Farage the "national treasure" of Britain, the UK is gonna compete with the likes of tax havens Luxembourg, Porto Rico and the Caymen Islands instead of competing with France, Italy and Germany? Way to go Britain.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bee said:

hey LLM - I see they interviewed your girlfriend for youtube ----  B)

You know bee these hysterical types make excellent cooks :)

Edited by Leto_loves_melange
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, questionmark said:

9 minutes ago, Leto_loves_melange said:

Damn!

you globalists you.!! - armed only with negative stereotyping and strawman arguments - :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, Leto_loves_melange said:

So thanks to Farage the "national treasure" of Britain, the UK is gonna compete with the likes of tax havens Luxembourg, Porto Rico and the Caymen Islands instead of competing with France, Italy and Germany? Way to go Britain.

And, we have to add, that it is quite easy to b!tchs and rant against something, but very difficult to work to maintain that goal. The lazier just run at that point.

Edited by questionmark
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, questionmark said:

And, we have to add, that it is quite easy to b!tchs and rant against something, but very difficult to work to maintain that goal. The lazier just run at that point.

[Farage]"I have decided to stand aside as leader of UKIP. The victory for the “leave” side in the referendum means that my political ambition has been achieved.

I came into this struggle from business because I wanted us to be a self-governing nation, not to become a career politician.
[...]
He said: "UKIP is in a good position and will continue, with my full support to attract a significant vote. Whilst we will now leave the European Union the terms of our withdrawal are unclear."

He got what he wanted, exit stage left. He was only at it for 15 years

• Like 3

Just now, Dark_Grey said:

He got what he wanted, exit stage left. He was only at it for 15 years

He has not yet got what he wanted. That will be the day the negotiations with the EU are over. Until then nothing has changed.

20 minutes ago, questionmark said:

He has not yet got what he wanted. That will be the day the negotiations with the EU are over. Until then nothing has changed.

True

10 hours ago, Otto von Pickelhaube said:

So Farage has driven off in his carriage. Now he'll have plenty of time for that project I've been advising, a new TV show where he shows viewers round his extensive collection of classics cars. It'll be called, of course, Farage's Garage. 

Or he could replace the undoubtedly soon-to-be-fired Chris Evans as the presenter of the no doubt soon-to-be-axed New Top Gear, at least. 

Well, now look: 

Chris Evans to step down as Top Gear presenter

See, i am physic.  The timing's perfect, see! Now the Farage can be the new Clarkson, as he's always wanted! A lovable buffoon persona with a talent for annoying foreigners. he's cut out for the job!  :D 

EU demands Britain pays £12 BILLION into Brussels budget despite Brexit vote
BRITAIN will pay £12 billion into Brussels coffers next year even though the public has voted to leave the European Union (EU).

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/686048/EU-referendum-Brussels-Britain-pay-12billion-budget-Brexit-vote

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Otto von Pickelhaube said:

So Farage has driven off in his carriage. Now he'll have plenty of time for that project I've been advising, a new TV show where he shows viewers round his extensive collection of classics cars. It'll be called, of course, Farage's Garage. . 

Or, since, as we know, he's secretly a Francophile, he could host a cookery show about his favourite French cheeses. That's right, Farage's Fromage! @D 

* Actually those calling for a general Election do have a point; people do, after all, whatever they may claim in theory, vote for who they want as Prime Minister, don't they, it's a pious fiction that "you're only voting for your local MP", so all these changes of leadership among the ruling party always mean that we get a Pry Minister who no one outside their own Party actually wanted to choose for that job, don't we. And the record isn't brilliant, id it; at least J. Major did manage to win an election by himself, but what happened after T. Blair decided to step down? That's right. G. Brown. And we all know what a clamour there was in the country for him to be Leader. It really is all a great big fraud. 

6 hours ago, Otto von Pickelhaube said:

* Actually those calling for a general Election do have a point; people do, after all, whatever they may claim in theory, vote for who they want as Prime Minister, don't they, it's a pious fiction that "you're only voting for your local MP",

I don't quite agree.  Certainly, what we should be voting for is the person we think is best suited and qualified to represent us in Westminster. 

What most people actually do is vote for the colour of the rosette (especially when it matches the colour of the rosette of their favourite contestant on Britain's Got No Talent) and then act all surprised when they find a bunch of brain-dead monkeys, fraudsters, leacherous cheats, lilly-livered cowards and other criminals and incompetents running the country.

But just because most people are even more stupid than the idiots they elect, doesn't mean we should hold a new GE to elect a new PM.   IMO.

• Like 3

On 04/07/2016 at 5:04 PM, bee said:

Argh..

I dont think there's a facepalm big enough to cover this individuals ridiculously emotionally laden fail.

Meanwhile, in Brussels..

traub%20fp_0.jpg

In a spectacular display of the very ignorance against which he issues his call to arms, Traub shows how thoroughly infected the establishment is with their group-think.  God forbid the ‘fist shaking’ rabble would actually think for themselves and effect an “utter repudiation of the bankers and economists and Western heads of state who warned voters against the dangers of a split with the European Union.”  If there was a miscalculation on the part of David Cameron, it was “how utterly he misjudged his own people[‘s ability to think for themselves].”

Rise up against the ignorant masses? Be careful what you wish for, Mr. Traub… Your intellectual nakedness just might end up on full, public display.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-30/ignorant-masses-warn-elites-go-ahead-rise-be-careful-what-you-wish

"EU Wants An Empire" - Brussels Plans To Expand Into Middle East, Africa

The latest EU foreign policy document, titled “A Global Strategy for the European Union’s Foreign And Security Policy“, calls for an extension of the Union's influence in regions as far as Central Asia and Central Africa.

It also outlines “gradual synchronisation and mutual adaptation” between different member states’ individual defence strategies.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-07-01/eu-wants-empire-brussels-plans-expand-middle-east-africa

Brexit & The Arrogant Infallibility Of "Experts"

Under the relentless thrust of accelerating over-population and increasing over-organization, and by means of ever more effective methods of mind-manipulation, the democracies will change their nature; the quaint old formselections, parliaments, Supreme Courts and all the restwill remain. The underlying substance will be a new kind of non-violent totalitarianism. All the traditional names, all the hallowed slogans will remain exactly what they were in the good old days. Democracy and freedom will be the theme of every broadcast and editorialbut Democracy and freedom in a strictly Pickwickian sense. Meanwhile the ruling oligarchy and its highly trained elite of soldiers, policemen, thought-manufacturers and mind-manipulators will quietly run the show as they see fit. 

– Aldous Huxley, Brave New World Revisited, published 1958

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-07-03/theres-no-place-called-transnationalprofessionalistan

Edited by Saru
Quotes reduced due to length
  • Like 1

MEP Daniel Hannan with some refreshing to the point, articulate content..

"[..] Of the many things I want for that child is the right to grow up in an independent country where we can hire and fire our own lawmakers. Edmund Burke said that a nation is a partnership between the people who have died, the people who are alive now, and the people who havent yet been born. Being a nation means that were not just a random set of individuals born to a different random set of individuals. It imposes on us a duty to keep intact the freedoms that we were lucky enough to inherit from our parents, and pass them on securely to the next generation. My late father, in 1944, volunteered to defend, with force of arms, our right to live under our own laws.. and our own people, in our own sovereign parliament. I dont want his grandchildren to lose that portion of their inheritance. So dont let anyone scare you out of voting to do the democratic thing. [..]"

Edited by Phaeton80
  • Like 3

On ‎03‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 11:33 PM, bee said:

Blair is all over Sky News ---- headline item - saying Britain may never leave the EU - in so many words saying the will of
the people can change -- there's no rush... the subtext being... what's the problem? the vote can be ignored...

It's not 70 to 30% --or 60 40% he says - like all the others saying it was too close to give a clear mandate, but as I said before
I'm sure if it had gone 52 to 48% in favour of remaining that would have been considered more than enough ---

And guess what --- and this is where it dove tails into the Chilcot Report - he's just potentially won himself 16 million + 'supporters' -
to take the sting out of what is coming re. Iraq --

or will it work the other way and his cavalier attitude - towards what the public think and want - harden attitudes towards leaving --

The cheek of the man beggars belief ---

As per the Monopoly game he has an Escape fom jail card up his sleeve.The worm is a cretin

• Like 2

On 7/4/2016 at 5:21 PM, Otto von Pickelhaube said:

"What is so bad about Europe? It's full of kind, thoughtful people". Evidence perhaps that people (older or younger) ought perhaps to only be allowed to vote if they can demonstrate that they have the faintest idea what it is they're actually giving their opinion on.

Re your bolded quote (from a near hysterical EU supporter after the ref result ) .....:innocent:.....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bee said:

Re your bolded quote (from a near hysterical EU supporter after the ref result ) .....:innocent:.....

Oh for goodness sake - what a vile - bad tempered... and over dramatic little man he is. That dude needs to get a life.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Astra. said:

Oh for goodness sake - what a vile - bad tempered... and over dramatic little man he is. That dude needs to get a life.

Its seems they are okay shouting "shame on you" until asked to expand on their reasons for shouting shame on you, and then they are blank, its like the old saying, a empty vessel makes the most noise.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Its seems they are okay shouting "shame on you" until asked to expand on their reasons for shouting shame on you, and then they are blank, its like the old saying, a empty vessel makes the most noise.

now the petition for a second referendum has been rejected workers in the Houses of Parliament might have to get themselves
some earplugs in case hoards of 'kind, thoughtful people' descend on them yelling 'shame on you' at the top of their voices --- :innocent:

• Like 2

On 4.7.2016 at 6:04 PM, bee said:

She is right, you only need to see how people react, they are openly attacking and insulting (different looking) kids, foreigners and random people She is totally right. As a person who grew up in Europe, I can confirm  she is just waking up to the reality, America is a lot better than Europe in terms of civil rights, friendliness and so on. (However American politicians suck) And European society still has the mindset of the 19th century. It won't take long until Europe bombs itself behind Africa.

Anyway I feel sorry for people like her who will have to live through some horrific times.

Edited by hellwyr

9 minutes ago, hellwyr said:

She is right, you only need to see how people react, they are openly attacking and insulting (different looking) kids, foreigners and random people She is totally right. As a person who grew up in Europe, I can confirm  she is just waking up to the reality, America is a lot better than Europe in terms of civil rights, friendliness and so on. (However American politicians suck) And European society still has the mindset of the 19th century. It won't take long until Europe bombs itself behind Africa.

Anyway I feel sorry for people like her who will have to live through some horrific times.

America has better civil rights than Europe, I'll let others from Europe defend themselves. but i hope your excluding the UK from that statement, and i don't think you are because the video you quoted is in the UK then im afraid you need to get your facts right.