Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hidden Tut Chamber "Full of Treasure"

Still Waters

In the Egyptian records did Nefertiti die before her son Tut? You`d think she would be buried with her husband Akhenaten in his made tomb.

The records don't tell us. As far as that goes, the records, such as they are, rarely define when a monarch died.

It's highly unlikely Nefertiti was Tut's mom. Evidence for that is lacking, even though the identity of Tut's mother is unknown in general. Even the identity of his father is hotly debated.

It's also debated when Nefertiti died: Was it before Akhenaten's demise or after? The evidence isn't clear. Some, including Aidan Dodson, have even forwarded a theory that she not only outlived Akhenaten but lived long enough to be a regent for a short time for Tutankhamun. By all appearances the royal tomb at Amarna was equipped to receive Nefertiti's burial, but that doesn't mean she was buried there.

If she did in fact outlive her husband and lived long enough for Tut's ascension to the throne, a burial in Thebes (even in the Valley of the Kings) is possible. By that time Amarna had been abandoned and lost its royal status. No monarch would've wished to be interred there.

So a burial in Thebes is altogether realistic. But Thebes is over six square miles of burials, including the Valley of the Kings. Personally I don't think she's in KV62 and I'm more than willing to bet Nicholas Reeves used the Nefertiti angle for publicity's sake, but I'm willing to believe there's something more to be found behind that decorated wall in KV62. Only time will tell.

• Like 3

Cyprus near the Kalavassos site did for Brandeis University in the summer of 82. The annoying thing after we demolished the mound - a small one about 8 meters in diameter the Cypriot government changed their mind and didn't build the road.

And that is how it always ends when you let the pencil pusher make decisions.

How do they know it is filled with treasure without looking inside it ?

Presumption: if KT's tomb was filled with wonderful things any extension (if it exists) will also be filled with wonderful things.

• Like 1

Yeah when I was last there they had a ZSU-23/4 platoon station there - whether any of them actually worked is another question.

ZSU-23/4* doesn't have to actually work; run a bunch of tracer through that bad boy and the opposition have to go home and change their shorts. :P

* Four canon on a common mount, firing inch-diameter explosive shells at a very high rate.

Edited by PersonFromPorlock

ZSU-23/4* doesn't have to actually work; run a bunch of tracer through that bad boy and the opposition have to go home and change their shorts. :P

* Four canon on a common mount, firing inch-diameter explosive shells at a very high rate.

Yes if the guns works. I never worked with the Egyptian military but I did once work with the UAE artillery units to improve their officers abilities to 'talk NATO standard English'. One of the L119 batteries I looked at had 50% of the firing pins cracked or missing......and lets not talk about fuses.

Exactly when I've been involved in training foreign armies: Danish, British, German, French, Honduran and the UAE. I made up a list of army types

Real army = a professional army that has combat experience

Professional army = British, US, Israeli, Russian, etc

Regular army = Most European states, Japanese, etc

Police army = Some capacity but mainly designed to keep x regime in power, Africa, SA and Asia

Parade army = Limited ability to do anything = Many African states

Political army = No real combat power a jobs program at best for relatives = Saudi Arabia

Oh I made a mistake here. Saudi has two armies one a normal army and the other made up of tribes loyal to the Royal family the two forces watch one another. The National Guard as it is called is actually the better combat force while the normal army is kept fractionalized to prevent it from rising up against the royal family. The NG tribal force is probably a police army and the normal army a parade army. They did marginal well at Khafji.

One of the L119 batteries I looked at had 50% of the firing pins cracked or missing......and lets not talk about fuses.

Consider my mind boggled. Firing pins?

Edited by PersonFromPorlock

Consider my mind boggled. Firing pins?

The pin that hits the artillery round in the butt making the propellant ignite and propel the projectile at the target when the gun is fired.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Edited by badeskov
  • Like 1

$5 Jimmy Hoffa's body is in there along with Amelia Earhart, Fred Noonan, and the Electra.

Elvis and Judge Crater too

• Like 1

I hope they've doubled security....

Making a public announcement is sure to draw the dishonest to the site.

If something is found, it won't be revealed to us since we have no power, no knowledge and no money. Most of all, they won't tell us because some of us think.

If something is found, it won't be revealed to us since we have no power, no knowledge and no money. Most of all, they won't tell us because some of us think.

Hmmm so if they find some storage jars - they won't tell us about that or are you thinking alien technology, stargates, ion engines and recipes for fried leverets?

• Like 2

Hmmm so if they find some storage jars - they won't tell us about that or are you thinking alien technology, stargates, ion engines and recipes for fried leverets?

A gold-embossed map to Vergina.

Mankind is not ready.

• Like 2

Just checking in to see if anything has been found yet ...

People buzzing about new Egyptian artifacts ? ... :no:

People still tittering like school boys about Verginas ? ...... :yes:

...... I suppose the best one can hope for, to keep all parties happy, is an ancient Vergina artifact ?

Crown_of_philip.jpg

• Like 1

I asked my captive Atlantean spirit who lives in the Hormel Chili can (No Beans) on my desk. He says that when the AE were faced with an expected dead Pharaoh they wall off an uncompleted portion of a tomb and stuck him in there - one reason everything was all stacked up - he was suppose to have more room.

I have predicted!

Crown_of_philip.jpg

That very artifact is on display right now at the Field Museum in our big Greek exhibit.

And, yes, it's in the Macedon gallery. From Tomb II—straight from Vergina.

I asked my captive Atlantean spirit who lives in the Hormel Chili can (No Beans) on my desk. He says that when the AE were faced with an expected dead Pharaoh they wall off an uncompleted portion of a tomb and stuck him in there - one reason everything was all stacked up - he was suppose to have more room.

I have predicted!

Your Atlantean spirit is close. The hidden room is actually the tomb's bathroom. Some royal might still be in there...on the throne.

Ha!

• Like 3

I have predicted!

Mhe ..... my room looked like that when I was teenager

tutantechamber.gif

Mhe ..... my room looked like that when I was teenager

tutantechamber.gif

My room looks like that now. But instead of a clutter of chests and boxes and furniture and chariots, picture books. A lot of books.

• Like 3

A gold-embossed map to Vergina.

Mankind is not ready.

"Go South, young man."

Whoreus Greely

Well heaven knows your right. They never tell lies.

I have predicted!

Bool Krappi tells me your spirit in a can has gone insane.

Something about a lack of beans...

Harte

Well heaven knows your right. They never tell lies.

Whose they?

Edited by Hanslune
  • Like 1

"Go South, young man."

Whoreus Greely

:nono:

Some young men really should stay North of the Mason-Dixon line IMHO...