Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hidden Tut Chamber "Full of Treasure"

Still Waters

It's actually very difficult to do that. The tomb is underground and the aboveground structure is pretty stout. In addition, there's only one road into the place and it's well guarded by people with shoot-to-kill orders.

(see photo here: http://farm3.staticf...5f9f657b4_z.jpg)

A guard station is outside:

http://farm1.staticf...9aab_z.jpg?zz=1

Yeah when I was last there they had a ZSU-23/4 platoon station there - whether any of them actually worked is another question.

• Like 1

Yeah when I was last there they had a ZSU-23/4 platoon station there - whether any of them actually worked is another question.

The last time anything but the limo of the Prezz worked in Egypt they called a national Holiday :innocent:

The last time anything but the limo of the Prezz worked in Egypt they called a national Holiday :innocent:

Now, now I knew a number of Egyptians and many had been in the army and their tales of mechanical woes were - well - impressive.

Now, now I knew a number of Egyptians and many had been in the army and their tales of mechanical woes were - well - impressive.

Which is the "normal state", why did you think the Israelis were capable of "flattening" them in 48 hours? But it is also symptomatic for a military that controls itself... it ends all looking like it could work but does not.

Which is the "normal state", why did you think the Israelis were capable of "flattening" them in 48 hours? But it is also symptomatic for a military that controls itself... it ends all looking like it could work but does not.

Exactly when I've been involved in training foreign armies: Danish, British, German, French, Honduran and the UAE. I made up a list of army types

Real army = a professional army that has combat experience

Professional army = British, US, Israeli, Russian, etc

Regular army = Most European states, Japanese, etc

Police army = Some capacity but mainly designed to keep x regime in power, Africa, SA and Asia

Parade army = Limited ability to do anything = Many African states

Political army = No real combat power a jobs program at best for relatives = Saudi Arabia

• Like 3

every day I come here hoping to see newly revealed treasures ! :w00t:

but no ..... :blush:

Archaeology is slow, Egyptology is the slowest aspect of Archaeology, Egypt is known for its creeping bureaucracy, the SCA (or whatever it is called today) is noted for organizing (slowly) grandiose out of place media events once they can decide what to do and who will do it - after taking into account everyone's family and political connections......and I think the actual doers are presently lost out in Cairo's permanent traffic jam trying to get a giggle, shisha and a ful medames.

• Like 1

Archaeology is slow, Egyptology is the slowest aspect of Archaeology, Egypt is known for its creeping bureaucracy, the SCA (or whatever it is called today) is noted for organizing (slowly) grandiose out of place media events once they can decide what to do and who will do it - after taking into account everyone's family and political connections......and I think the actual doers are presently lost out in Cairo's permanent traffic jam trying to get a giggle, shisha and a ful medames.

The SCA is now known is still known as the SCA, but it now stands for Shady Cabal of Archaeologists. This is according to reliable fringe sources.

Last I heard the next press announcement regarding the tomb will be in April. I'm pretty sure they mean this April. Or maybe it's April 2165.

• Like 2

The SCA is now known is still known as the SCA, but it now stands for Shady Cabal of Archaeologists. This is according to reliable fringe sources.

Fortunately there is a group, the Society Curtailing Academic Methodology Spread or SCAMS as it is affectionately referred to.

SCAMS work very hard to target the larger part of the populace who have only a cursory understanding of Academic methods. By reaching these people before they are infected with dangerous ideas such as verifiable evidence and peer review of research SCAMS can effectively promote the distribution of free thinking publications (at a reasonable price).

Last I heard the next press announcement regarding the tomb will be in April. I'm pretty sure they mean this April. Or maybe it's April 2165.

2165 seems a bit optimistic for a date considering we are talking about the entrenched mainstream Egyptology Orthodoxy who won't concede ramps have been debunked in Giza Pyramid construction and hide the evidence of a cold water CO2 geyser in the area.

just sayin...

• Like 2

2165 seems a bit optimistic for a date considering we are talking about the entrenched mainstream Egyptology Orthodoxy who won't concede ramps have been debunked in Giza Pyramid construction and hide the evidence of a cold water CO2 geyser in the area.

This is of course 2165 in the Buddhist Calendar so it actually already happened as it is 2560 presently.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhist_calendar

Edited by Hanslune
  • Like 1

Why cant they start digging through the wall sooner then April? I feel like that would take no time at all.. more importantly, cant they drill a snake cam in their and look around like the U.S military does on special ops missions?

Why cant they start digging through the wall sooner then April? I feel like that would take no time at all.. more importantly, cant they drill a snake cam in their and look around like the U.S military does on special ops missions?

Trust me nothing moves fast that is touched by Egyptian bureaucracy. In this case there is absolutely no reason to go fast - whatever is there ain't going anywhere and its been there several thousand years. I hear you thou I prefer a more rapid pace. One of my more enjoyable days as a grad student was directing a bulldozer to clear away the upper part of mound because a road was going to be built over it and we decided that anything after the Romans was not of critical interest.

• Like 1

Trust me nothing moves fast that is touched by Egyptian bureaucracy. In this case there is absolutely no reason to go fast - whatever is there ain't going anywhere and its been there several thousand years. I hear you thou I prefer a more rapid pace. One of my more enjoyable days as a grad student was directing a bulldozer to clear away the upper part of mound because a road was going to be built over it and we decided that anything after the Romans was not of critical interest.

Of course it wasn't of critical interest. Anything post-Roman is basically current events, so who really cares?

As I understand it, the plan is hopefully to bore a hole through the wall of the Treasury, which is undecorated, and into the supposed void or hidden room behind the decorated Burial Chamber. It's not just the SCA, it's archaeology in general. Nothing is rushed. Like you said, there's no reason to hurry. Whatever's there ain't going anywhere.

I personally am not worried about lunatics like ISIS threatening the site. The greatest immediate threat is fringies...but they're easy to keep at bay. You don't need fancy armament. The guards merely need to hold academically researched and peer-reviewed books and papers and hold them up as the fringies approach. It's like sunlight to a vampire. They'll hiss and slink away, hands over their faces.

My, I'm in a mood tonight.

• Like 3

One of my more enjoyable days as a grad student was directing a bulldozer to clear away the upper part of mound because a road was going to be built over it and we decided that anything after the Romans was not of critical interest.

And this was in ...

Wyoming? Antarctica? Australia .... ?

Of course it wasn't of critical interest. Anything post-Roman is basically current events, so who really cares?

As I understand it, the plan is hopefully to bore a hole through the wall of the Treasury, which is undecorated, and into the supposed void or hidden room behind the decorated Burial Chamber. It's not just the SCA, it's archaeology in general. Nothing is rushed. Like you said, there's no reason to hurry. Whatever's there ain't going anywhere.

I personally am not worried about lunatics like ISIS threatening the site. The greatest immediate threat is fringies...but they're easy to keep at bay. You don't need fancy armament. The guards merely need to hold academically researched and peer-reviewed books and papers and hold them up as the fringies approach. It's like sunlight to a vampire. They'll hiss and slink away, hands over their faces.

No books won't do fringe will attack and burn them only deterrent is an ak 47.

I care, as the evolution of technologies and different cultures after the fall of Rome is far more interesting than majority of what they did.

Yeah right, Orthodox Academia is quietly spiriting away ancient advanced technology through an unreported back entrance leaving only the shiny baubles behind to try and reinvigorate tourism to the area.

Again with the ad hominem against free thinkers who threaten the Archaeological status quo. Since refutation of their theories fail to sway the public, ridicule and denigration of the person seems to be on the Orthodoxy's agenda.

Just think, once you (blindly) accept the (unevidenced) premise of global pre-flood contact between Mesoamerican cultures and who later became the Ancient Egyptians an entire hemisphere of baseless speculations thought provoking research will be open to you.

:devil:

Edited by Jarocal

On April 2, a new series of radar scans will be performed on King Tutankhamun's tomb to search for hidden chambers that may contain an undiscovered royal burial, Egypt's antiquities ministry has announced.

The announcement comes after stories were published in numerous media outlets last week claiming that Egypt's tourism minister, Hisham Zazou, had told the Spanish news outlet ABC that the chambers had been proven to exist and contain numerous treasures.

http://www.livescien...n-chambers.html

• Like 2

Just think, once you (blindly) accept the (unevidenced) premise of global pre-flood contact between Mesoamerican cultures and who later became the Ancient Egyptians an entire hemisphere of baseless speculations thought provoking research will be open to you.

This I believe is too conventional

I prefer to believe that some AE went to the Yucatan on vacation and stayed and gave rise to the Mayan (not those Olmecs, Toltecs or horrible Aztecs).

Edited by Hanslune

Again with the ad hominem against free thinkers who threaten the Archaeological status quo. Since refutation of their theories fail to sway the public, ridicule and denigration of the person seems to be on the Orthodoxy's agenda.

Vergina.

• Like 1

Vergina.

Precisely.

Harte

And this was in ...

Wyoming? Antarctica? Australia .... ?

Cyprus near the Kalavassos site did for Brandeis University in the summer of 82. The annoying thing after we demolished the mound - a small one about 8 meters in diameter the Cypriot government changed their mind and didn't build the road.

• Like 1

That is your inner fringe wanting to be free

I suggest he lets it 'grow out'

Another famous 'moderator' made that work ;

the-three-stooges-hairpull_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Tantalising news about the 'secret chamber' in Tutankhamun's tomb.

"We do not know if the burial chamber is Nefertiti or another woman, but it is full of treasures." - Egypt's Tourism Minister, Hisham Zaazou.

It seems that some secrets are too good to keep. Is this a phenomenal leak about what lays beyond the false wall in Tutankhamun's tomb? Is it speculative wishful thinking? Or is this a clever boost for badly-needed tourism?

Mr. Zaazou claims that the announcement of what lays inside the secret chamber will be made in April. "It will be a 'Big Bang' - the discovery of the 21st century."

http://www.nilemagaz...tankhamuns-tomb

In the Egyptian records did Nefertiti die before her son Tut? You`d think she would be buried with her husband Akhenaten in his made tomb.

That is your inner fringe wanting to be free

I've experienced my inner fringe. It's always battling to break free. Well, it's either that or heartburn.

antacid_12650_4_(big)_.jpg