Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

‘Batman’ arrested for stealing cash

seeder

‘Batman’ arrested for stealing cash from tourists

Batman was arrested in Times Square on Wednesday night after apparently stealing $50 from a tourist and making a run for it, according to the New York Post.

But DC Comics fan need not worry – this wasn’t actually Batman, but an imposter. (Phew)

Jose Escalona-Martinez, 42, was dressed up and posing with two Irish tourists when he allegedly pickpocketed one of them and dashed off.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2016/02/25/batman-arrested-for-stealing-cash-from-tourists-5718130/#ixzz41RFjQVzE

Robin should kick him in the batnuts :lol:

• Like 2

Maybe he needed some gas for the bat mobile? Although I can't see it running to good on regular!

• Like 2

~

~

Holy heart failure, Batman!

I bet Batman is the only one in the world with a hand steady enough to paint false fingerprints. - Robin

~

Batman and Robin quotes

link

~

• Like 2

He dressed up well for a mere $50 (which he did not get to keep) and a night in the cells. He is well protected with that set up if he meets Robin the backdoor manic reeper.

• Like 2

~

~

Holy heart failure, Batman!

I bet Batman is the only one in the world with a hand steady enough to paint false fingerprints. - Robin

~

Batman and Robin quotes

link

~

Adam could have been arrested for over-acting....

• Like 3

Adam could have been arrested for over-acting....

Holy great eye observation Sundew, holy gimmi an emmy he sure does holy give it some.

• Like 1

I was just in New York last week funny enough, it was my first time there. For anyone who doesn't know, there's a ton of people in Times Square who make homemade costumes of franchised characters (I saw 7 Olafs and Christ knows how many Minions) and then they harass tourists to take pictures with them, and if you do they demand money from you. They position themselves right by the Disney store too, so it makes it look like they're hired on, but the reality is that they are not, they are freelancers who probably break all sorts of copyright and municiple laws, there's just too many of them to deal with. Whatever Batman was doing, he must have been real bad because these people are all a menace.

When I went through, at first I tried to be the polite Canadian and say "Sorry, no thank you" but by the end of the weekend I told a few Minions to frig off and half the cast of Frozen to eat something unpleasant.

• Like 5

Why am I not surprised?

• Like 2

When I went through, at first I tried to be the polite Canadian and say "Sorry, no thank you" but by the end of the weekend I told a few Minions to frig off and half the cast of Frozen to eat something unpleasant.

As a polite Southerner I feel your pain. I was shocked the F bomb came out of my mouth a few times, but they will not let up.

• Like 3