Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Memory implants could soon become a reality

UM-Bot

A leading British scientist has suggested that we may soon have the ability to manipulate memories.

It may sound like something out of the movie 'Total Recall', but according to Professor Tim Bliss, a British neuroscientist who is set to be awarded this year's coveted Brain Prize, it may soon be possible to add and remove memories just like we save and delete data from a computer.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/292172/memory-implants-could-soon-become-a-reality

Mixed feelings on this

I do not think this will really have anything to do with "helping" people but rather a means to control them.

• Like 4

To me it seems that for every good application many new discoveries are used for they are used for 2 bad applications, so this scares the hell out of me!

Zam

• Like 3

ya know how when the military comes out with a "new" aircraft all the experts say what the public sees is generally 20 years behind the technology the military is working on behind closed doors? Id bet dollars to donuts the same axiom applies in this realm as well.

Its not all bad i suppose , I would LOVE to have a memory of having sex with Kate Upton implanted.

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1

I am fine with what I do remember . If it can help someone like Alzheimer patients or in any other helpful way it will be a very good thing.

ummmmm no thanks...im good. ummm maybe the nope of never, 2000screw you

Edited by starblade

The point of "Recall" was to give people memories of vacations and fantasies at a more affordable cost and supposedly safer than actually doing it for real. Seems to be a cheat. As the first Total Recall movie showed, it doesn't take long for good tech to be used for bad things. Regardless of the original intentions and beneficial use, humans will always find a way to use tech the wrong way to hurt.

Manipulate what? . . What good are manipulated memories? ....hmm, maybe could be used in a helpful or healing way I suppose though.

Yours vacationingly,, lightly

I was thinking more of a training memory such as flying a plane or copter . I see advantages if used properly .

A few years ago I picked up a 16GB thumb drive at a post office for something like $17. A few years before that, I recall someone as happy as Larry because he got a 4GB one for less than $100. How much text can I store on a 128GB drive? Entire chemistry and physics degree courses, I expect. Instant science (or whatever) degree. Now, how to implant it so that it is accessible and searchable?

They could always pull a Memory Den maneuver from Fallout 4.

I am upset at this article.

I've convinced myself that I've already been doing this. Now it's not possible!?

WTF!? I'm actually upset!! 'In theory'!? Why can't we do this!? I've BEEN doing this!! OMG!!

Ugh!! I have no idea any more. Like just none. Smh.

Ok, will take the starter set (car key and aunts birthday only).

I've got a few memories I would pay to have removed.

I usually get that every sunday morning.