Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Mysterious Case Of Exploding Teeth

seeder

The Mysterious Case Of Exploding Teeth

In the 19th Century, a Pennsylvania dentist called WH Atkinson came across a condition that sounds like the stuff of nightmares. Writing in The Dental Cosmos, the first major journal for American dentists, Atkinson documented an outbreak of exploding teeth.

He saw it in three patients. The first, the Reverend DA from Springfield, went through this unpleasant ordeal in 1817:

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20160301-the-gruesome-and-mysterious-case-of-exploding-teeth

• Like 1

The following link is to a Mother/Baby forum.... with current tales of teeth exploding...

http://www.mothering.com/forum/308-dental/1104768-exploding-teeth.html

• Like 1

I'd imagine once a tooth is so infected, the puss could eventually explode the tooth

• Like 2

I have nightmares about injuries to my teeth...you know, shattering, breaking, falling out en masse....so I believe I will avoid reading what is fuel for the fire of my nightmares.

:)

• Like 2

I'd imagine once a tooth is so infected, the puss could eventually explode the tooth

Perhaps a build up of gasses caused by rot too

• Like 1

The pulpa is naturally at a very high pressure, causing the dentals to function as shock-absorbers - which is very necessary with all the chewing they do.

The exploding teeth seem to be an extreme variant of this natural and ordinary phenomenon of high pressure pulpae.

• Like 1

Perhaps odontogenic tumors, that is tumors of the jaw that form from tooth tissue. I best I recall, there are a variety to include some that become a part of a tooth, continue to grow, and could, I imagine, shatter a tooth. Much to thankful for with regard to modern dentistry.

• Like 2

I have a really cute Dentist. She's Chinese or Korean, not sure, and looks like she's in her early, mid 20's or so (I'm sure she's much older). I'm so smitten with her gentle femininity that all all my anxiety about going to the dentist just melts away.

• Like 1

I have a really cute Dentist. She's Chinese or Korean, not sure, and looks like she's in her early, mid 20's or so (I'm sure she's much older). I'm so smitten with her gentle femininity that all all my anxiety about going to the dentist just melts away.

what's her number ?

Lol

thats the thing with lady-boys... they make you feel special,,,,, :w00t: