Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Real Homunculus Made?

Technomancer

A homunuclus is defined by Google as a "very small human or humanoid creature". The word has history that goes back to the sixteenth-century in alchemical writings and is related to the theory of Preformationism. According to Wikipedia, Preformationism is a theory of heredity that claimed that either the egg or the sperm (exactly which was a contentious issue) contained complete preformed individuals called "animalcules". The theory stated that development was therefore a matter of enlarging this into a fully formed being. The term homunculus was later used which is Latin for "little man".

Paracelsus described the method for creating Homunculi in his book De Natura Rerum:

"That the sperm of a man be putrefied by itself in a sealed cucurbit for forty days with the highest degree of putrefaction in a horse’s womb, or at least so long that it comes to life and moves itself, and stirs, which is easily observed. After this time, it will look somewhat like a man, but transparent, without a body. If, after this, it be fed wisely with the Arcanum of human blood, and be nourished for up to forty weeks, and be kept in the even heat of the horse’s womb, a living human child grows therefrom, with all its members like another child, which is born of a woman, but much smaller"

You can read more about Homunculi here.

Starting in late 2015, a Russian youtube channel has uploaded so-far two videos, in which he claims to do experiments in making real homunculi. He claims in the descriptions of his videos that these are two of several experiments he has done.

You can view the first video of his

. Be warned though, that some of the content in his videos may be disturbing to some. In this video, he's following the Paracelsus experiment and claims that the result of this experiment was an unusual being with the intellect of a parasite. In the
, he states this is his 5th attempt in making a homunculi and that he has only been successful twice. Once he creates the homunculi in the second video, he recalls that the being "sprayed something" at him, then hits the creature with a dictionary. After he picks the book up, the creature appears to be dead with what looks like blood left behind.

English captions are available and will be turned on be default for both videos if you're viewing them on a PC.

Discussion is appreciated. I don't know what the **** I just watched. Hoax Factor makes a

summarizing the speculation on the two videos as well, but there aren't really any explanations or answers on them yet. Edited by Technomancer

Thanks for describing the first video. It shows almost nothing as far as I could see.

Video 1 certainly does not show what it states - something living removed from the egg. The egg is surrounded by a membrane that keeps out intruder such as bacteria or fungi. That protective layer is broken. The black seen on the exterior of the egg is likely to be a fungus. The white object that is lifted out is more than likely something the person dropped into the rotted egg.

If you looked up egg development such as the following link you'd see that the egg should contain a developing chick that is macroscopic. It is easy to see and there should be blood vessels.

http://chickscope.be...evelopment.html

The video is a fake. People all over the world study eggs and human sperm and human reproduction and no one sees a homunculi because they do not exist. The video reminds me of the video where some teenagers poured a glow stick into a soda bottle and tricked people into pouring all sorts of 'stuff' into Mountain Dew soda to get it to glow.

Not sure what you mean by "it has yet to be debunked." I see nothing but a sad hoax.

Edited by stereologist
  • Like 5

• 1 month later...

I'm no sperm expert, but I think it's mighty unlikely that human semen and a chicken egg could create some sort of creature, there has been cases of animals of the same genus but of different species producing offspring, like mules and ligers, but even then, the offspring are often incapable of reproduction. Chicken and humanity are just too different. These videos are clearly hoaxes.

Definitely fake, as several others have already said. If a hybrid between two species as distantly related as humans and chickens could be created so easily, we'd have wolfigators and spidercats running around all over the place by now.

As to how it was faked, there's enough tape on that egg to cover a hole big enough to plant the "homunculus".

OP, are either of these videos or channels (inc. 'Hoaxfactor') yours, by any chance?

I haven't watched the videos, but "an unusual being with the intellect of a parasite" and "the being sprayed something at him then hits the creature with a dictionary" I thought was pretty funny. It's good to get a laugh early in the morning.

• Like 1

This guy also shows how to make perfume with your urine.

Definitely fake, as several others have already said. If a hybrid between two species as distantly related as humans and chickens could be created so easily, we'd have wolfigators and spidercats running around all over the place by now.

Oh god, and just before bedtime as well

So, according to Paracelsus, you get get a homunculus by putting human sperm into a gourd by your method of choice, then putting it in a horse's uterus until it rots. Am I interpreting that right?

Anyway, basic biology says no. Since Antony van Leeuwenhoek, it's been pretty much established that there's not enough in a sperm cell to keep it alive. And animal species, as Magic Space Rock Lesbian said, can only cross-fertilize if they are very closely related--same genus at a minimum. Human + chicken = very distressed bird.

And why didn't this guy record his two "successful" attempts?

• Like 2

Indeed, theotherguy.. To put it in technical terms - the whole thing is just daft and lame.

But hey, readers, knock yourselves out trying it for yourself. All you need is a syringe, an egg, some tape to cover up the hole you'll need to make, a small rubbery toy and an assistant with a bit of fishing line attached to one end (or even a caterpillar or similar, but that would be inhumane..), and a Youtube channel.

Then this will be corroborated and therefore 100% real and absolutely not debunked...... :D

• Like 2

BTW, I just had a thought....

If I did this with an Ostrich egg, I would be creating a humungous homunculus.

Try saying that 3x quickly...

• Like 1

BTW, I just had a thought....

If I did this with an Ostrich egg, I would be creating a humungous homunculus.

Try saying that 3x quickly...

Would that be like a dwarf with gigantism?

• Like 1

Would that be like a dwarf with gigantism?

Well no... Adam Rainer would be like that. Poor fellow.

Well no... Adam Rainer would be like that. Poor fellow.

Ugh. Should have looked that up before commenting... No offense intended or implied.

I got as far as the sub title part ; " ... a Russian youtube .... "

:D

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

I personally would like for someone skilled at video analyzing to take a look at this. Everything is always fake...till its not. I do believe forbidden arts exist... And id rather people not try them lol.

On 5/29/2016 at 7:39 AM, dynob3ats said:

I personally would like for someone skilled at video analyzing to take a look at this. Everything is always fake...till its not. I do believe forbidden arts exist... And id rather people not try them lol.

Say what?  Why on earth would anyone 'analyze' something so ridiculously easy to fake?

• Like 1

On 5/28/2016 at 5:39 PM, dynob3ats said:

I already pointed out that the video does NOT show what it claims. The video not cover some sort of "forbidden art" as far as I can see.

There is the possibility that I missed something in the video that you thought was of importance. If so, please tell is about it and we can discuss it.

On 5/30/2016 at 2:40 AM, ChrLzs said:

Say what?  Why on earth would anyone 'analyze' something so ridiculously easy to fake?

Oh, I dunno ChrLzs... people have analyzed other fake videos. Like spiders walking up model buildings, alien autopsies, poltergeist kitchens, folks running around in ape suits...

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

Stereologist you sound afraid of what could be. Who gives a **** what you “already” or initially  pointed out. What makes you an authority on this video? Your articulation as to why it couldn’t be possible is far from convincing. Blood vessels? Someone’s perception of life has just been altered maybe? The idea of “forbidden arts” or other possibilities existing outside of what your narrow controlling mind doesnt make little stereo feel so cozy, I get it, we get it...fine. But don’t inhibit or attempt to inhibit others abilities in seeing what could be. 

Edited by Mycology

15 minutes ago, Mycology said:

Stereologist you sound afraid of what could be. Who gives a **** what you “already” or initially  pointed out. What makes you an authority on this video? Your articulation as to why it couldn’t be possible is far from convincing. Blood vessels? Someone’s perception of life has just been altered maybe? The idea of “forbidden arts” or other possibilities existing outside of what your narrow controlling mind doesnt make little stereo feel so cozy, I get it, we get it...fine. But don’t inhibit or attempt to inhibit others abilities in seeing what could be. 

You sound.. no, you ARE completely ignorant of biology. Of all your abilities, comprehension isn't one of them.

• Like 2

If anyone actually did that to a horse, they should be charged with animal cruelty.

• Thanks 1