Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

15 years of Unexplained Mysteries

Saru

15 years, huh.

I haven't been here for quite that long, but it's been a wild ride so far. I've learnt a lot, and also learnt that a lot of what I thought I knew wasn't quite as true as I thought it was. Thanks for starting UM, Saru - I hope to be here for a good long while still.

• Like 8

Happy Birthday UM...and thank you Saru, for the best forum on the internet. I've seen it grow in the years that I've been here and am looking forward to seeing where it will go in the future.

• Like 6

Ive actually been around under one name or another for most of that time, well on and off. Something about it keeps making me come back, good work, decent members, (mostly) and good moderation :tu:

(do I get that cheque now?) :lol:

:tu:

• Like 8

Looks like 15 years ago you had the once-in-a-lifetime-great-idea. Happy B-day UM.

• Like 4

I've learned from others and I've learned about myself as well here at UM. A great place to visit!

• Like 6

Happy birthday to UM Forum, a great place to share ideas, topics on one constant search for some truth.

Thanks to Saru and the group of Moderators who constantly help in managing, maintaining this great site!

Long live UM Discussion Forum!

• Like 8

15 years B) Happy anniversary UM! Congratulations Saru, and a huge thank you for creating this wonderful site :)

• Like 9

I found this forum on accident way back in '07 when I got bored and started looking up ancient mysteries/alternative history. I've been lurking in the political/regional news section ever since.

• Like 7

One of the more striking things I saw from those previous incarnations was the one from 2003 that shows:

"Members ~1615"

Wow, have you grown!

Happy birthday!

Edited by ZZ430
  • Like 6

ancient mysteries/alternative history. I've been lurking in the political/regional news section ever since.

:clap: :clap: :w00t: Yeah I can see the connection with mysteries and political news.... :tu:

• Like 5

Hahah congrats! I never saw that first one - still far better than any first site I did in anything. Here's to a hundred more!

• Like 4

I just discovered these forums in the past 6 months. I like that it covers a variety of topics. Looking at the screen shots in the original post, I much prefer the dark background, this current one is too bright! Be nice to have a choice of skins

• Like 2

15 years! My son was born 15 years ago, Seems like such a long time ago but also seems like only yesterday.

• Like 5

Woo hoo! Thank you so much for making such a wonderful site Saru! I loved seeing all the images of what it used to look like! So fun!

• Like 4

Congrats and thank you, Saru !!! It's been informative and interesting. I've loved making friends with people from all over the world. :tu:

• Like 4

Congratulations Saru and thank you for everything you've created here. I'm excited for the upgrade!

PS. Shout out to my fellow moderators, you guys are awesome.

• Like 6

Happy Anniversary, UM! :clap: I'm proud to belong to one of the internet's biggest (and best) forums. A big thanx to the staffers working day and night (in shifts) to make UM what it is.

• Like 4

Thank you, Saru.

• Like 4

Before stumbling onto this forum, I had spent some time looking for a site to replace one I had enjoyed that suddenly disappeared.

After being on some much more hardcore forums in terms of conspiracy, I found this place.

Here's to another 15!

• Like 3

ABout time someone cleaned up the basement ...

:D

~

Many happy returns UM ... :lol:

• Like 5

Congratulations and thanks to the whole team.

I particularly like the fact that this is a forum where people of all beliefs can face each other. Too many forums Out There are echo chambers where people only hear from others with similar beliefs, which only reinforces your own beliefs. Here we get to face people who believe things very different to us, and for most of us that means challenging us to think all the harder about what we believe, which I think is a good thing.

Keep up the good work. There are lots of people here who appreciate what you're doing.

Cheers

• Like 7

• The topic was locked