Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The George And The Dragon is now open.

Mark One

*Deathly inhales a puff of death from a rolled ciggy*

~

Ya better not be speaking such of Big Maureen ...

~

• Like 4

Don't worry, Matt.

Bovril and Spaz are coming in later. I'll get them to bring their new record player in.  It plays 78's and everything!

Edited by acute
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, acute said:

Don't worry, Matt.

Bovril and Spaz are coming in later. I'll get them to bring their new record player in.  It plays 78's and everything!

Bovril & Spaz!!!  What ever happened to your run of the mill Henry's and Micheal's?

A little cow told me that Big Micks in later and hes bringing in his plans for summit called a Robin Reliant prototype.

• Like 2

'ere ... how you go about callin' Maureen a little cow now ?

Now I have to ask, is that proper ? I ask again asking you ... is that proper ata'll ?

~

• Like 5

5 hours ago, third_eye said:

*Deathly inhales a puff of death from a rolled ciggy*

That reminds me.....

Mork, there's no Park Drive in the fag machine.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, third_eye said:

'ere ... how you go about callin' Maureen a little cow now ?

Now I have to ask, is that proper ? I ask again asking you ... is that proper ata'll ?

~

Tis brings a tear ter me eye wen a forrer-ner teks a interest in ow native tong uppit.  Morreen not a cow you rum-un but ah let yer off cos your from china onnit.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, acute said:

That reminds me.....

Mork, there's no Park Drive in the fag machine.

Fat Stan is behind wit deliveries lad.  Buh ah got sum behind-t bar onnim.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Ruby04 said:

Damn I'm 51 mins early, do you have ladies night by any chance?

Soz lass but how bout joining the Vicars missus - she runs a mail order catologue innit.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Blue Star said:

Good excuse to be buyin' your sen a nice thick cut of steak then.

I've got me steam cleaner at the ready, if your serious about the clean up Job in the ladies Loo's?.... I've seen worse and done......well, yeah, i thinks i'll just skip over that. 

Got any plans for the forthcoming hallows?

Soz abowt last nite sweet cheeks - ah got waisted on the dregs of a empty barrel mixed with a few drops of TCP.  Ah sterilize the empties wit TCP see & forgot I had already banged some in onnit.

Can yer start next monday luv?  Yull get 2 shillins a day, a choice of a pok pie or meet pasty for your break and some beer tokens.

Halloween will be like last un.  NO NIPPERS ALOWED - even outside.  Cant stand thah little baskets bangin ont me door!!  An since yer can still be hanged or burnst at the steak (under the witch ACT) if your seen near to in ownership of a pumpkin - wee-all be mekin use of marrows again.  Fancy dress if yer like but come on lass, if you tek a peek at my regulars youd fink everyday was a horror film 

• Like 4

Anyone up for a slice of game pie?  Simply order 3 pints of Cockers Rank Ale and recieve a free slice.

• Like 2

Is that pie made buy saucy frank with them pheasants he hung for 3 months to as he put it "git tha owd Gaaamy taste bor"

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Matt221 said:

Is that pie made buy saucy frank with them pheasants he hung for 3 months to as he put it "git tha owd Gaaamy taste bor"

Just like mumma used to make it :D

• Like 1

Turnips work quite well as little mini lanterns but they need a good sharp knife and someone who doesn' t mind losing the odd thumb or finger.

May I have a pina colada, my good man, Thank you.

I"ve got ask.....Do I step back into some kind of retro outplay. You all seem stuck in some bygone ere, I can't quite place it by date, what with such jumbled references and all but I get the distinct feeling we turn sepia in here? 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Blue Star said:

I"ve got ask.....Do I step back into some kind of retro outplay. You all seem stuck in some bygone ere, I can't quite place it by date, what with such jumbled references and all but I get the distinct feeling we turn sepia in here? 

Well you've heard of time slips yes and multi-realities all rotating and converging onnit *?  Well you've more or less nailed it apart from the fact that its actually 2017 for me (not really true - its 1954) but the pub and its locals are all stuck in psychological time warps.  Just ask any of my predecessors and they would have told you that a week in the G & D leaves you wondering what day it is. (Thank god its a building stuffed with ale!)  Merk did run the boozer in 1950 and then Mirk had a stint in the 60s-70s...erm...but both know about the doings in the 21st century...um...No scrap this reply for its doesn't explain owt.  Just put it this way - Dr Who would have a melt down here in the G & D.

And you never know, one day we may be graced with a new punter who thinks he living in the 30th century.

* When Alpha Centurie is in Saturns left Cusp sometime around April

• Like 4

Pub closed for repair.

mm%20crispin%2027.03.11_PD1826504_l.jpg

The recent bad weather has found its way into all the nicks and crannies.and well look. :(

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Blue Star said:

Turnips work quite well as little mini lanterns but they need a good sharp knife and someone who doesn' t mind losing the odd thumb or finger.

May I have a pina colada, my good man, Thank you.

Them Turnip lights is how three fingered Jim from up the hill got his name

• Like 4

On ‎22‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:27 AM, Mr Mork said:

mm%20crispin%2027.03.11_PD1826504_l.jpg

Oh my god!  Is that what the G&D looks like? I've only ever seen it blurred and/or on its side.

Edited by acute
  • Like 4

36 minutes ago, acute said:

Oh my god!  Is that what the G&D looks like? I've only ever seen it blurred and/or on its side.

You don't remember the card game for matches and how dirty dick was losing so he set fire to the table

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Matt221 said:

You don't remember the card game for matches and how dirty dick was losing so he set fire to the table

I don't remember a thing after ordering a pint of Cointreau.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, acute said:

I don't remember a thing after ordering a pint of Cointreau.

That's trouble with"young uns" just can't handle ya drink,if I ever drink it is have a cointreau shandy with a shot of black current to take the edge off

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Matt221 said:

That's trouble with"young uns" just can't handle ya drink,if I ever drink it is have a cointreau shandy with a shot of black current to take the edge off

Mork hasn't done cocktails since Blue Star's naked vacuuming episode.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Blue Star said:

Does this mean the steam cleaning job is on hold, or do I just start Monday 2020? 

Follow your heart my dear :)

• Like 3

*scrolling message passes along the bottom of your screen*

Dis is ter inform yee tekin part int dis time waster (fah-ward slash) pub based soap opera dat thee be no links nor no need for reel brass.  Thah G & D will noh hamper yer fah money.  Those claptraps cullin them-sens Mods cannot jump in fah av jumpt in an made it clear be-fuh-hand onnit.  Like Coranation Street and noh like dat crap-un called Eastenders (which be a dredful drizzle of depressive onguh-ing misery) dah pub is fiction an jus fah fun.  Goh it?  Gud-un! 

*You eyes and questionable sanity return to the George and Dragon* 

Evening mucker.  Is that a new tank top?  Looks sporting son...Anyway, a right Mick who goes by the name of Mr Morgan called in today.  He drank one glass of sherry and discussed the G & D`s future.  Soh, wen ah told him its non of his business, uppit, he explained that he wud like to buy me owt.  Hes got sum brass behind him and runs a charity for facially challenged critters.  Eee buy gum! I`d never even heard of a nor clocked ah Tay-pier before…Ah had to put me hand int till mind and givt fellah a few pennies.  He wunt tek that shire hoss mind fah luv nor brass.

Is offered me 800 shillins faht gaf like an he still wonts me ter run it fah him…under a new name – The Tay-piers Snout!!!  Ah sent him running wit flea int ear an kick int jacksie, ah can tell yah!

Anyhows, the old Bert is coming from downt lane to price up me roof so whoz got 56 shillings fah repairs onnim?  Or how can ah raise the brass – any ideas onnit?  Maybe a lass can duh a jumble sale of summit wit rags thee dunt need?     

• Like 2