Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The George And The Dragon is now open.

Mark One

The sun is out, the blackbirds are singing, as a gentle breeze sweeps along and softly graces our skin.  The pub is full onnit with thirsty, burping bods and my outdoor drinking area is packed.  I had to sacrifice a few arm chairs and an old coffin from the cellar to meet the seating needs outside.

*rubs hands together*

Its gunna be a cracking night at the G&D.  And its so tempting to open the swimming pool earlier than planned.

• Like 1

Go on open it it'll be great fun in the"water"I'll be 1st in .... I've had all my vaccinations just in case

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We had some Germans in yesterday who enquired about the pool.  When I explained with hand gestures that its not open to the public bods yet, they set up camp on the main road.

1970s-picnic-with-wine1.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/13/2018 at 6:15 PM, Mark One said:

His business is defo on the up and his battered bangers are to die for onnit.

Screen-Shot-2017-09-27-at-18.13.09.png

Harry Hungs closing his chip shop!  Theres a note on his front door which explains that hes suspending the preparation and cooking of battered cod :( It also says that hes closing his potato plant down, packing his bags and heading home.  I dunno, there is defo summit cosmic going on here.  You see the same thing happened a year ago to that shop on clock street - Papa Mussolini`s cobs & cakes.

• Like 1

*Knocks on door*   You open?   I'm a bit parched!   

• Like 2

Large glass of lemonade with a squirt of blackcurrant in it, please. Bit of an odd smell coming from the pool as I walked past it on my way in. :huh:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, tcgram said:

*Knocks on door*   You open?   I'm a bit parched!   

*wipes face with tea-towel*

Well wow, at last some class in the Dragon.  Please come in and why not try a small Turbo (Smirnoff ice/lager)

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

Large glass of lemonade with a squirt of blackcurrant in it, please. Bit of an odd smell coming from the pool as I walked past it on my way in. :huh:

Hmmm, thats probably the bleach and TCP mix thats balancing the PH or summit.  It should be fine come May.  Ok, thats two bottles of Schweps lemonade poured into a pint pot with a tickling of blackcurrant luv.  That`ll be 65p, now do you want ice?

• Like 2

Ice? yes, please, and a little paper parasol :). I like a parasol in my drink whatever it is!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark One said:

*wipes face with tea-towel*

Well wow, at last some class in the Dragon.  Please come in and why not try a small Turbo (Smirnoff ice/lager)

Whatever you suggest, good sir.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

Ice? yes, please, and a little paper parasol :). I like a parasol in my drink whatever it is!

Do you want one of those tiny plastic swords too?  Oh and how about a scotch egg or pickled onion?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tcgram said:

Whatever you suggest, good sir.  

Good good and as we say over here, bottoms up!

• Like 1

No, NO! tc :o The bottom of the glass goes up not your bottom! *averts eyes*

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

:blush:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/20/2018 at 8:00 PM, Matt221 said:

Go on open it it'll be great fun in the"water"I'll be 1st in .... I've had all my vaccinations just in case

Um, well I admire your determination and you sure are game buddy but...judging by your clobber and the occasional sniff of the air around you...you're another member of the one bath a week club.  Not to mention the tin bath oxide contamination along your skin.  I think its best for you to wait until May when my resident pool-side head doctor (mentioned earlier) can break you in slowly. 

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, tcgram said:

:blush:

*judges your accent*

Your north and south (mouth) sounds foreign luv.  But dont panic lass, because everyone else who ventures down here from Newcastle-under-Lyme also reacts like that too.  :)  So, is it a day trip down here then or are you staying with relatives?  Nice sun tan lass but how the heck did that happen when you come from up north? 

Edited by Mark One
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mark One said:

*judges your accent*

Your north and south (mouth) sounds foreign luv.  But dont panic lass, because everyone else who ventures down here from Newcastle-under-Lyme also reacts like that too.  :)  So, is it a day trip down here then or are you staying with relatives?  Nice sun tan lass but how the heck did that happen when you come from up north? 

The tan came from a bottle as we still have cooler weather up north.   I brought my swimsuit in hopes the pool would be open but I guess I will have to come back and visit again soon.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tcgram said:

The tan came from a bottle as we still have cooler weather up north.   I brought my swimsuit in hopes the pool would be open but I guess I will have to come back and visit again soon.  

Fair enough then, dont be a stranger and come back in May.

• Like 3

*scrubs around the privies*... not a pleasant task for an orb...

Oh my.. let's keep our tavern clean please.. Our good ole George is host to children and some rules around UM....

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, rashore said:

*scrubs around the privies*... not a pleasant task for an orb...

Oh my.. let's keep our tavern clean please.. Our good ole George is host to children and some rules around UM....

Thank you for your assistance squire.

Erm, just one minute though...you are still buying a drink, or maybe getting a round in...aren't you? :)

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Mark One said:

Thank you for your assistance squire.

Erm, just one minute though...you are still buying a drink, or maybe getting a round in...aren't you? :)

Well... did you think I stopped by merely to remind folks to keep in mind our young imbibers and house rules? Of course not!

Free round of sodas and ice cream sundays on me :) And remember folks, to keep sweetness on your tongues after the sweets are through. Mark runs a clean dragon, and we best all help out around here and not leave messes anywhere.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, acute said:

Why the hell was my profane post deleted? Have the Mods got nothing better to do?  :angry:

:whistle:

Well when the mods attention is called upon by various patrons of the dragon.. a rather rarity honestly... then yes, some of our better things to do are coming around the dragon and seeing what the complaints are about.

Perhaps the better option for folks leaving profane posts would be to keep in mind they swore in writing they understood and would abide by the house rules before they chose to to break them, rather than giving flack about the folks having to clean up after.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I don’t visit for a time or two and miss the scurging of the potty mouths? Well I will have to go over all relevent records and then re-enact the whole ordeal in mime. I am sure a 70-30 split in favor of the george and dragon would be fair recompense for my thespian efforts.

• Like 3