Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The George And The Dragon is now open.

Mark One

*Doc Mark replies*

Hello sweet lass, one of them drinkies tis on its way, onnit.

Full Moons int Weevelton are bad tymes to be owt int open, onnit.  Now dowt, int mornin thee be claims of dinosaur sightins.

*studies piece of paper with a list of to-dos*

Thee campin gear is ter bee kept well lucked after until Mark returns.

Thah ruined rino will be sold fah scrap.  BBQ stuff will shift easily here, luv.

Hav me eye onn-umm and hav "salted" thee drinks, onnit.

Butter leeve thah microwayveds int back room till Mark returns, chick.

Yeh, yoo rest yee little feets owtside, am sure Mark would hav joined yer, if tee wah here.

Mark as sent us ah holiday snap.

Spoiler

40B551B200000578-4535900-image-a-34_1495

Ont back it reeds...

Greetings from Blackpool, my fellow bods.

The weather is fleeting, the food so varied and ample.

I trust that matters at the Dragon run along a smooth path in my absence.

Dont give credit and keep a close eye on Colin Turkey.

• Like 1

I could go for a zombie right about now, or a 4 horseman of the apocalypse. If ya can sport those mate than a Jim Jones will do, thats Vodka and grape Kool-Aid.

• Like 2

Sorry I haven't been in lately, Mark.

I went on a 3-week bender and forgot where the G&D was. I managed to throw up in Waitrose, though. Silver linings, eh? :)

• Like 2

On 8/29/2018 at 3:27 PM, newbloodmoon said:

I could go for a zombie right about now, or a 4 horseman of the apocalypse. If ya can sport those mate than a Jim Jones will do, thats Vodka and grape Kool-Aid.

On 8/29/2018 at 7:30 PM, acute said:

Sorry I haven't been in lately, Mark.

I went on a 3-week bender and forgot where the G&D was. I managed to throw up in Waitrose, though. Silver linings, eh? :)

*doc mark looks through the drinks list and scratches his bonce*

Well ladds, thee glad ter see yee.  Marks ont holidays int Blackpool, so I`m int charge. 

Mooney, thah drinks dunt seem to be ont list onnit...if yer can point it owt and tell meet price, I`ll serve yah one or mix it fah yer.

Hoggy, thee wah rumours of yer in the Ship un shovel Inn buh welcume back.anyhows.  Here, have a tankard of Brewers Ruin ( a gooey dark mixture of the leftovers)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Points to the most expensive drink... “that one will do.”

• Haha 4

Colin Turkey arrived here not long after I had opened the doors this morning. There he was in his sheepskin coat, sunglasses and his famous, jet black sideburns. Looking so happy and merry as he greeted his slurping pals with outstretched arms. Turned out that his missus had sent him shopping at the local CO-OP, but he had made a diversion on route to take in a swift half.  Turkey: “Orrr-rate lads!”  The half-conscious slurpers turned and loudly cheered his arrival.  Turkey: “The missus sent me packing ter supermarket with 50 knicker!”  *Another hoo-rah, livened up the bar and startled the death watch beetles nested in the wooden beams.*  Turkey “So ah fort I`d come here foh some Dutch Courage. Landlord, get em in and serve me a pint and a whiskey chaser.”  *More caveman inspired grunts*  He eventually left arm in arm with Billy Wizz.  30 minutes later, Turkey returns with loud grunting noises and 4 carrier bags filled with tinnies, a loaf, some milk and 8 tins of baked beans.  Turkey: “Ive still got 30 quid on me! Put the CO-OP down as a bad job and called in at the off license instead.”

To those who knew of him, Colin Turkey was now a hero worthy of a medal as several slurpers began beating their chests and singing half cut songs.

Edited by Mark One
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, its certainly been quiet here.  I may decide to sell up and invest in that narrow boat/pub idea.

• Like 2

Um is it coomon for the lady folk to plop one in the pool? A kid that is not a brown floater.

• Confused 2

*Wanders in*   Sorry I've been gone so long, work and work and still more work.   I'll have a vodka coke, please.   And kindly tell the gentleman who is swimming au naturel in the pool to put on some swim trunks.    

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/26/2018 at 1:21 AM, tcgram said:

*Wanders in*   Sorry I've been gone so long, work and work and still more work.   I'll have a vodka coke, please.   And kindly tell the gentleman who is swimming au naturel in the pool to put on some swim trunks.    

Coming right up, my gentle little fruit cake X

I'll have drain the pool now that the nights are drawing in.  I mean, who in their right mind would chance it's icy depths at this time of year!  I caught dirtying Harry the other day going blue in their with his frosted pint at hand.  He'd had the bright idea that being fully clothed whilst taking a dip would do the same as a diving suit.  

I sincerely hope that such solutions aren't applied at home, on tin bath day.

• Like 1

Mind you - scrap the above concerns.  I could make a right packet flogging pool gloves, hats, scarfs...the possibilities are endless.

• Like 1

So boss the local D&D group is looking for a new home for the game on Sundays. I told them you might consider it with a 6 drink minimum and a food order no less than $25 each. There’s 8 in the group and three are girls that like to dress up as bar wenches when they play. A cover charge for the non players to gawk at the lovely ladies might be in order.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, newbloodmoon said:

So boss the local D&D group is looking for a new home for the game on Sundays. I told them you might consider it with a 6 drink minimum and a food order no less than $25 each. There’s 8 in the group and three are girls that like to dress up as bar wenches when they play. A cover charge for the non players to gawk at the lovely ladies might be in order.

Gawd lad.  There's a pint of snake bite on the bar for you when your next in.  I'll stoke the fire up on Sunday then.  The gals can always remove layers if they get a bit warm onnit.

*Rushes off to look for his best Kipper tie and brown shirt*

• Haha 3

I will give “em the good news then.

• Like 2

Oh darlin’ I’m feeling a bit harsh this evening and need some soothing. I don’t want to spook the back of the house tonight’s with my fussing....

What does my most devine tux wearing barkeep got up his cufflinks tonight to cure what ails me? Something to go with a nice hot bath please. 

• Like 1

I can watch the bar if ya wanna demonstrate the new bathtub buddy bar for Rashore. I promise not to break anything and I will water down the drinks to boost your profit margin.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, rashore said:

Oh darlin’ I’m feeling a bit harsh this evening and need some soothing. I don’t want to spook the back of the house tonight’s with my fussing....

What does my most devine tux wearing barkeep got up his cufflinks tonight to cure what ails me? Something to go with a nice hot bath please. 

Oh my precious flower, you do sound like you've had a rather harsh day.  I suggest you loosen your clothing so I can massage you shoulders and back.  And once you are relaxed to the point where you feel like putty in my hands I'll stick some Tom Jones on the record player and run you a soothing bath.  Once your in I'll pour you a glass of your favourite tipple and bring it up to you.

I'll have to keep an.eye on the bar though.  Mr moon is covering in mine,/our absence.  So.shout me if I'm not by your side and I'll bring you what you whatever you desire.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, newbloodmoon said:

I can watch the bar if ya wanna demonstrate the new bathtub buddy bar for Rashore. I promise not to break anything and I will water down the drinks to boost your profit margin.

That wizards and imps gang were a bit odd but the one with the green beard drunk plenty of brewers ruin.  Freaky Stan thought he was tripping when he saw that tall bloke with the horns.  Stan had been supping since this morning though. 

Winds howling outside and with a bit of gust a purple cloaked stranger pops in.  Markymark-readyfreddy' looks up and recalls some girl that ate all his strawberry shortcake on one super hot and blistering summer afternoon as she flipped her purple kirtie off her head.

"Oh this place! yeah I'd try a sip but as some have said and *ehem* spits on the floor, being right frank, word on the street is its basically mud puddle water from out back so yeah I'll pass on the pssss besides I'm running late and have to get home, byebyenow!"   Door slams and Markymark-readyfreddy' just shakes his head mumbling and fussing about some bloody blue new moon or such.

Edited by MWoo7
a, to one changeUP! to be human oh wellzzzzz
  • Like 1

Where is this pub i am always in the mood for some dart or some eight ball and of course a couple of pints 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Avalanche said:

Where is this pub i am always in the mood for some dart or some eight ball and of course a couple of pints 

The G&D is situated within the countryside locally known as Weevleton.  

You'll find all of your delights in here.

• Like 2

On 9/30/2018 at 3:39 PM, Mark One said:

Oh my precious flower, you do sound like you've had a rather harsh day.  I suggest you loosen your clothing so I can massage you shoulders and back.  And once you are relaxed to the point where you feel like putty in my hands I'll stick some Tom Jones on the record player and run you a soothing bath.  Once your in I'll pour you a glass of your favourite tipple and bring it up to you.

I'll have to keep an.eye on the bar though.  Mr moon is covering in mine,/our absence.  So.shout me if I'm not by your side and I'll bring you what you whatever you desire.

As always, you are my darling across the big waters. The kinks are out and I'm good to go. Just saying the Tom Jones dancing grooves came on while I was enjoying a hot toddy while you were tending bar. Back of house stepped up with treats to sooth my fuss.. I recommend a round of seared tuna on crisp corn chips, a spear of smoked mushrooms with tomatoes and chilled cucumber.. and a Cajun angel or few.

And work goes on. The two mechanical rhinos for outdoor cooking are working great. The hot water rhino I can attest to for hot water. Mens bathrooms have been restocked and flushed, the ladies have been flushed and stocked except for the odd light that keeps going out no matter what we do.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The annual celebration of Halloween is quickly upon us and the locals are showing an heavy interest.  Alas,.as ever - many have become confused with the clothing aspect.  Market Malk has declared that this year he's dressing up as the debt collector.  Tommy Knockers and his wife Enid (they're going through a rough patch, keep it to yourself)  are going to dress up as each other - what they both see as evil, horrid and useless.  And Darkest Derek is coming dressed as...well, it's best you not know right now.

In other news,. The pubs music box has been refitted with 20 number 1 hits from the 1970s.

Oh and Doc Mark will read your bumps on the 31st here in the dragon if you cross his papm with a small glass of Amber.

There's a bit of a chill in the air now.   What warm drinks do you have to help?   

On 10/11/2018 at 12:00 AM, Mark One said:

The annual celebration of Halloween is quickly upon us and the locals are showing an heavy interest.  Alas,.as ever - many have become confused with the clothing aspect.  Market Malk has declared that this year he's dressing up as the debt collector.  Tommy Knockers and his wife Enid (they're going through a rough patch, keep it to yourself)  are going to dress up as each other - what they both see as evil, horrid and useless.  And Darkest Derek is coming dressed as...well, it's best you not know right now.

In other news,. The pubs music box has been refitted with 20 number 1 hits from the 1970s.

Oh and Doc Mark will read your bumps on the 31st here in the dragon if you cross his papm with a small glass of Amber.

I haven't been here for a while because as you probably know by now, Derek and I have split up :cry:. I've been avoiding places that he haunts(and I do mean haunts!), so if he's going to be here at Halloween I think I'll give it a miss. Oh no, wait a minute, If my disguise was good enough he wouldn't know it was me .... but if I see him making eyes at any floosy in here, look out!!

On 10/14/2018 at 9:52 PM, tcgram said:

There's a bit of a chill in the air now.   What warm drinks do you have to help?   

I should help yourself to whatever you fancy, tc. I don't know where Mark is ....... maybe with his fancy piece(Rashore. Who is no better than she ought to be!).

• Like 2