Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The George And The Dragon is now open.

Mark One

^ You could do your mime act on Tuesday!  We're having an 'Open, No Mic' night.

Edited by acute
  • Haha 3

Too much chattering and not enough buying of drinkies. 

In other news there will be a trampoline situated not far from the swimming pool - got to keep the nippers busy haven't we.  Am currently looking into smoothing out the pot holes in the carpark and setting up a small play pen/park for the burns.  Sticky Micks going to be there for the pictures on the opening day & his brother, Damien will be parked up at noon offering creamed ices and screwballs.

I had some flyers put up around the village urging keen punters to bathe on the day before sampling my vibrant outdoor waters.  Said notice also explains that free butties and finger food will be on offer for a small entry charge too.

• Haha 2

Comes in wearing trench coat and walks behind bar before unloading some 80 year old scotch nipped from the royal palace.

courtesy of Jimmy “the sticky whicket” Weatherby the slightly less then well known fence from MI6 who poses as a script editor at bbc2.

Edited by newbloodmoon
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

welcome-funny-pool-sign-s-5608.png

Theres been plenty of interest in the pool but also alot of Moaning Micheal's bothering me about flippin weather forecasts.  Look, I cant control the heavens and nobodys perfect...Well there was one bod who was perfect but he could also walk on water...

Anyhows, if it does rain cats n dogs who cares?  You`ll be wet for starters and you`ll be able to adventure yer sen with a fantasy about the open seas onnit.  Oooh and drinkin is allowed in the pool too for grown ups - so stop complaining before I go and tell Big Norman about you!

• Like 2

It's gonna be difficult to take a dump in the pool without breaking the 'No Pee' rule.

Oh well..... Challenge accepted!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, acute said:

It's gonna be difficult to take a dump in the pool without breaking the 'No Pee' rule.

Oh well..... Challenge accepted!

Cant take a poo, but a dookie is just fine. I’m sure you’ll be fine, just say you’re foreign.

Edited by newbloodmoon

Last weekends big prize winner can be seen here wandering along with a carrier bag full of booze.  He was so merry that he decided to revisit the Dragon on Sunday morning at around 6am.  Here he can be seen singing his fave Smiths tune (Girlfriend in a coma) whilst admiring the swimming pool.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhLE5zxg1g_BlX3vOMww9

The bod boffin in question -Winfred Rinse (a good egg) was clearly an expert on The Smiths and easily answered all 48 questions correctly.  Good one, man!  Behind him is the talented Miriam who sang many a great tune the night before.  Although here she does look a tad tired - better get some beauty sleep babes or you`ll lose your 30 something looks.  The bloke dead centre is none other than Sticky Mick!  Turns out he nipped outside last night for some fresh air after feeling depressed - thats The Smiths magic at work for you - and he ended up curled up next to a wall.  Dont forget to put your clogs back on Sticky!     

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mark One said:

Last weekends big prize winner can be seen here wandering along with a carrier bag full of booze.  He was so merry that he decided to revisit the Dragon on Sunday morning at around 6am.  Here he can be seen singing his fave Smiths tune (Girlfriend in a coma) whilst admiring the swimming pool.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhLE5zxg1g_BlX3vOMww9

The bod boffin in question -Winfred Rinse (a good egg) was clearly an expert on The Smiths and easily answered all 48 questions correctly.  Good one, man!  Behind him is the talented Miriam who sang many a great tune the night before.  Although here she does look a tad tired - better get some beauty sleep babes or you`ll lose your 30 something looks.  The bloke dead centre is none other than Sticky Mick!  Turns out he nipped outside last night for some fresh air after feeling depressed - thats The Smiths magic at work for you - and he ended up curled up next to a wall.  Dont forget to put your clogs back on Sticky!     

My personal fave is "How Soon is Now".  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, tcgram said:

My personal fave is "How Soon is Now".  

Oh well its such a shame that you missed last saturday nights, big saturday night gig with Dierdre and Miriam then :(

• Like 1

Just now, Mark One said:

Oh well its such a shame that you missed last saturday nights, big saturday night gig with Dierdre and Miriam then :(

When will they do another gig at the Dragon?  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tcgram said:

When will they do another gig at the Dragon?  

Thats a hard one to answer.  See, Miriam has her off days/weeks (inbetween her Smiths hobby) where she cant handle life.  Dierdre is busy for the next few weeks mixing up concrete and operating a crusher for some local council project.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Mark One said:

Thats a hard one to answer.  See, Miriam has her off days/weeks (inbetween her Smiths hobby) where she cant handle life.  Dierdre is busy for the next few weeks mixing up concrete and operating a crusher for some local council project.

Next time be sure to put some more flyers up and about so I know when they will be there.   

• Like 1

I had two of my best punters in last night.  Paddy McNub (a Irish/Scot who collects dog-ends and then recycles them) with Barry Pratt the veteran minesweeper (hovers around the bar drinking the leftovers)  Now bods like these two wont bother me come May.  They both detest clean waters and prefer a shower (pouring rain) to a hot tin bath.  Anyhows, do you recall that carpet disaster that we once experienced here in the Dragon?  Well the rolled up remains are now gone!  Pratt & McNub took it off of my hands and are currently furnishing it in their pokey old drum.  Such good lads and true diamond geezers who could never do you a wrong turn.

Now with that tale out of the way I need to press into you bods the importance of keeping your drink close to hand.  There is alot of disgusting filth that frequents my pub.  Parasites of society who empty ash-trays into their pockets or steal your half drunken pint of Best.  I mean lets get it straight, vermin like Paddy & Barry used to fleece my once kind and generous peanut bowls.  It got to the point where they both lived in the gents eating the offerings, picking up dog-ends and swallowing pint pots filled with left overs.  GRRRR, bods like them turn me stomach!!!! 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, tcgram said:

Next time be sure to put some more flyers up and about so I know when they will be there.   

Good shout tc.  Tell you what I`ll do.  Even though its currently 1982 here at the G&D I figger out a way of posting an update of me status on the this forum which doesnt exist yet.  A notice about all of the good stuff that is to come in May at the Dragon.

• Like 2

PHEW! Do I need a drink? (yes, I DO!!) :w00t: I've been wrestling my rotary clothes airer out of the shed and then into middle of the lawn for the first time this year. Couldn't find the hole to slot it into because the grass is so long!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

PHEW! Do I need a drink? (yes, I DO!!) :w00t: I've been wrestling my rotary clothes airer out of the shed and then into middle of the lawn for the first time this year. Couldn't find the hole to slot it into because the grass is so long!

Being mother sure does take it out of you lass.  Heres a fresh pint of Guinness un blackcurrant luv.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

Thank yourself lucky you can put it out at all..its been constant dribbling here ( not me this time, rain). 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Mark One said:

Being mother sure does take it out of you lass.  Heres a fresh pint of Guinness un blackcurrant luv.

Can i one too please...because i can not put my washing outside. Oh and a JD chaser. 

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Mark One said:

Here he can be seen singing his fave Smiths tune (Girlfriend in a coma) whilst admiring the swimming pool.

Is that the pool on the right? Could not recognise now you have cleaned it up. Nice to see you have finally removed the garden chairs, shopping trolley, single mattress and the body. Great work, may take dip later. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Can i one too please...because i can not put my washing outside. Oh and a JD chaser. 

Of coss you can little miss twinkles.  I always got time for the Dragons one and only water baby.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Is that the pool on the right? Could not recognise now you have cleaned it up. Nice to see you have finally removed the garden chairs, shopping trolley, single mattress and the body. Great work, may take dip later. 

*whispers into her ear*

I didnt have to shift owt lass.  The locals half-inched it all.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Mark One said:

*whispers into her ear*

I didnt have to shift owt lass.  The locals half-inched it all.

And the body,  Why would they take that? Its been in there for 8 months, its not as if you can eat it now! 

• Sad 1

*Speaker turns on*

Ooooh!  Hellooo punters...

6555dff0bf866370e60555d4637beb52312dc749

That strappin lad who runs the Gee-orge and Drah-genn as appointed me as your poolside guide.  Please be sure to attend its grand opening sometime in May.

By-De-By punters...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

And the body,  Why would they take that? Its been in there for 8 months, its not as if you can eat it now! 

Erm I dunno, summit about gold teeth?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mark One said:

Erm I dunno, summit about gold teeth?

Oh yeah ofcourse, now why did i not think of that. Darn, i always miss out on a deal, i will have to wait for the next one, can you ask your new pool guide to leave it in there til i pop by.

• Like 1