Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Mark One

The George And The Dragon is now open.

1,607 posts in this topic

Mark One

*Doc Mark replies*

Hello sweet lass, one of them drinkies tis on its way, onnit.

Full Moons int Weevelton are bad tymes to be owt int open, onnit.  Now dowt, int mornin thee be claims of dinosaur sightins.

*studies piece of paper with a list of to-dos*

Thee campin gear is ter bee kept well lucked after until Mark returns.

Thah ruined rino will be sold fah scrap.  BBQ stuff will shift easily here, luv.

Hav me eye onn-umm and hav "salted" thee drinks, onnit.

Butter leeve thah microwayveds int back room till Mark returns, chick.

Yeh, yoo rest yee little feets owtside, am sure Mark would hav joined yer, if tee wah here.

Mark as sent us ah holiday snap.

Spoiler

40B551B200000578-4535900-image-a-34_1495

Ont back it reeds...

Greetings from Blackpool, my fellow bods.

The weather is fleeting, the food so varied and ample.

I trust that matters at the Dragon run along a smooth path in my absence.

Dont give credit and keep a close eye on Colin Turkey.

newbloodmoon

I could go for a zombie right about now, or a 4 horseman of the apocalypse. If ya can sport those mate than a Jim Jones will do, thats Vodka and grape Kool-Aid.

acute

Sorry I haven't been in lately, Mark.

I went on a 3-week bender and forgot where the G&D was. I managed to throw up in Waitrose, though. Silver linings, eh? :)

Mark One
On 8/29/2018 at 3:27 PM, newbloodmoon said:

I could go for a zombie right about now, or a 4 horseman of the apocalypse. If ya can sport those mate than a Jim Jones will do, thats Vodka and grape Kool-Aid.

On 8/29/2018 at 7:30 PM, acute said:

Sorry I haven't been in lately, Mark.

I went on a 3-week bender and forgot where the G&D was. I managed to throw up in Waitrose, though. Silver linings, eh? :)

*doc mark looks through the drinks list and scratches his bonce*

Well ladds, thee glad ter see yee.  Marks ont holidays int Blackpool, so I`m int charge. 

Mooney, thah drinks dunt seem to be ont list onnit...if yer can point it owt and tell meet price, I`ll serve yah one or mix it fah yer.

Hoggy, thee wah rumours of yer in the Ship un shovel Inn buh welcume back.anyhows.  Here, have a tankard of Brewers Ruin ( a gooey dark mixture of the leftovers)

• Haha 1

newbloodmoon

Points to the most expensive drink... “that one will do.”

• Haha 2

Mark One

Colin Turkey arrived here not long after I had opened the doors this morning. There he was in his sheepskin coat, sunglasses and his famous, jet black sideburns. Looking so happy and merry as he greeted his slurping pals with outstretched arms. Turned out that his missus had sent him shopping at the local CO-OP, but he had made a diversion on route to take in a swift half.  Turkey: “Orrr-rate lads!”  The half-conscious slurpers turned and loudly cheered his arrival.  Turkey: “The missus sent me packing ter supermarket with 50 knicker!”  *Another hoo-rah, livened up the bar and startled the death watch beetles nested in the wooden beams.*  Turkey “So ah fort I`d come here foh some Dutch Courage. Landlord, get em in and serve me a pint and a whiskey chaser.”  *More caveman inspired grunts*  He eventually left arm in arm with Billy Wizz.  30 minutes later, Turkey returns with loud grunting noises and 4 carrier bags filled with tinnies, a loaf, some milk and 8 tins of baked beans.  Turkey: “Ive still got 30 quid on me! Put the CO-OP down as a bad job and called in at the off license instead.”

To those who knew of him, Colin Turkey was now a hero worthy of a medal as several slurpers began beating their chests and singing half cut songs.

Edited by Mark One

Mark One

Well, its certainly been quiet here.  I may decide to sell up and invest in that narrow boat/pub idea.