Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The George And The Dragon is now open.


Mark One
 Share

Recommended Posts

Well, its sure bin a quiet un t`day. No punters ter speek ov. An dey say dah pub game is ah dyin won. Ah well I will av ter drink it all me sen den.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

*a ticking clock fills the gloom and dusty silence*

Um....ah see dat Lester sity did well dis wickend drawing with Manchestar you-nited onnit....

Notts cownty ar struglin mind.

*Dr Mark turns away from the mirror above the fire place and returns to his spot behind the bar of his empty pub*

Edited by Mark One
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That wet paint sign in the gents ISN'T an instruction!!!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...

What's going on with this pub?

It's been closed for renovation for over a year now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, acute said:

What's going on with this pub?

It's been closed for renovation for over a year now.

Doc Mark moved abroad mate.  The pub is haunted see and he couldnt handle it so he moved to Newcastle where they all speak in a funny tongue.

I`m running it now and have made a few changes.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well it all kicked off here the other night when a bunch on coal miners got into an argument.  One of them felt so miffed that he ran home after promising to return with his garden shed Hatchet!  He never came back though and we later learned that on his way home he had suddenly felt very tired.  At the same time he also deemed the middle of the road a safe place to kip.  He spent the night in the cells.

If only he had made it all the way down Robertson Road - there is a nice comfy looking park bench there. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The beer's better than it was.

Mark never cleaned the pipes!

(or the tables)

(or the bar)

(or the toilets)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Am I aloud in or do I have to sit in the car with a bag of crisps and a coke with a straw 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whats the crack with the haunting thing. Can you do a ghost hunting night? 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Matt221 said:

Am I aloud in or do I have to sit in the car with a bag of crisps and a coke with a straw 

The old doc would have welcomed you with...

Cum in yung-un an try me special brew onnit

So lets pretend your 21yrs old so you can try a pint of best.  Ive even set up a games machine!  Have you ever heard of a sega master system?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, acute said:

 

(or the toilets)

Yes I agree.  But every time he visited the gents...oh those noises he made for 5 minutes just before returning to the bar to serve tripe and crumpets - yuk!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, freetoroam said:

Whats the crack with the haunting thing. Can you do a ghost hunting night? 

 

Well we did try that one night.  We even employed the services of that scouser bloke from Most Haunted  I soon sent him off with a flea in his ear!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Erm folks, this is a pub you know.  A place where you slurp and churp on about stuff.

Why not share an interesting tale here whilst your drinking for real - that would make the G & D a virtual reality *yikes*

Suggestions

  1. The size of that cod you once caught.
  2. That bird over there is a bit of alright.
  3. Check out this app on me phone Neil.
  4. You know my nieghbour...well guess what...
  5. What do you think your looking at!
  6. Have you seen whats written on the wall in the gents?
  7. You see this ball pein hammer here mate!!!!
  8. I think you have got pretty eyes.
  9. Wanna go round the back?

 

Edited by Big Mirk
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Big Mirk said:

Erm folks, this is a pub you know.  A place where you slurp and churp on about stuff.

Why not share an interesting tale here whilst your drinking for real - that would make the G & D a virtual reality *yikes*

Suggestions

  1. The size of that cod you once caught.
  2. That bird over there is a bit of alright.
  3. Check out this app on me phone Neil.
  4. You know my nieghbour...well guess what...
  5. What do you think your looking at!
  6. Have you seen whats written on the wall in the gents?
  7. You see this ball pein hammer here mate!!!!
  8. I think you have got pretty eyes.
  9. Wanna go round the back?

 

If you have a ghost hunting night we could discuss that.

If you do the 'moving glass / bottle falling off shelf'  thing with a bit of string or the cellar door opening by itself...obviously the string thing again, then we could be the witnesses...i could be Evette  Fielding and scream alot. 

Then you could put the video evidence on UM, go to the papers and your pub will be famous for a couple of days and if you really want to make some money, stick it on youtube with the title "real ghost captured in old pub" .

Just a thought. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Hang on..... What you doing?

It's one on the black in this pub!"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, freetoroam said:

if you really want to make some money, stick it on youtube with the title "real ghost captured in old pub" .

Just a thought. 

It's not an old pub, it just looks old on the inside.  It was built by Marston's in the nineties.

A lick of paint wouldn't go amiss.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Orate then.  Ive had a word with the missus and shes given the green light for a ghost hunting weekend.

Commences on Saturday, 17th at around 5pm (ish)

Areas to investigate are...

The Old Cellars:  Several people have seen a workman in 1920s clothing climb the cellar stairs.  He then walks through a wall which leads into the kitchen.

Secret Tunnel.  Connected to the cellar, leads all the way towards the local church.

The Tap Room: A man is often heard laughing near to the old fag machine.

Cedars Bedroom.  Robed figure seen at the foot of the bed.

Landing:  The crying lady and crying child.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

All that old larfin stuff near that owd fag machine bor I rekon as molly 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sign me up for the ghost hunt.

i have all the equipment ready:

camera phone

video recorder

evp thing

Emf thing

Dvr thing

psychic thing

weird stones and a crystal ball things

Evette Fielding t.shirt

lets do this... thing.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got a that app on my phone for...... urrrm stuff  can i come and try it please,go on,let me try it,go on,please

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Big Mirk said:

Orate then.  Ive had a word with the missus and shes given the green light for a ghost hunting weekend.

Commences on Saturday, 17th at around 5pm (ish)

Areas to investigate are...

The Old Cellars:  Several people have seen a workman in 1920s clothing climb the cellar stairs.  He then walks through a wall which leads into the kitchen.

Secret Tunnel.  Connected to the cellar, leads all the way towards the local church.

The Tap Room: A man is often heard laughing near to the old fag machine.

Cedars Bedroom.  Robed figure seen at the foot of the bed.

Landing:  The crying lady and crying child.

 

What happened to the ghost sheep on the stairs?  Did you get an Abattoir Exorcist in?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, acute said:

What happened to the ghost sheep on the stairs?  Did you get an Abattoir Exorcist in?

Sheep?  My mate little Hutch swears blind that it was a monkey man!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Big Mirk said:

Sheep?  My mate little Hutch swears blind that it was a monkey man!

A ghost monkey man?....like a bigfoot? Wow this ghost hunting is going to exciting. :lol:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One of them sheep-monkey ghosts wiv big feet  and as a bonus it's on the stairs 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, freetoroam said:

Sign me up for the ghost hunt.

i have all the equipment ready:

camera phone

video recorder

evp thing

Emf thing

Dvr thing

psychic thing

weird stones and a crystal ball things

Evette Fielding t.shirt

lets do this... thing.

It looks like I've gotta bring the Ghost Box, then. And the Ghostbusters vacuum cleaner that sucks up the squidgy ones.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.